Superman Prime vs. Asgardian Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Destroyer is animated by , Loki ...

Galan007
Destroyer ftw.

Prime has no feats suggesting he could beat something this powerful.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Galan007
Destroyer ftw.

While your logic is true, I think Superman Prime could. Don't ask me to prove it to you, Galan-I can't. I just think he could. erm

Galan007
Originally posted by BobbyD
While your logic is true, I think Superman Prime could. Don't ask me to prove it to you, Galan-I can't. I just think he could. erm Believe me, I want to say he could take this as well.... But by feats, he wouldn't.

It's all good though, we're all entitled to our own opinions. smile

Priest
Believe me, I want to say he could take this as well....

fanboy stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by Faceman
Destroyer is animated by , Loki ...

Dread Destroyer FTW

Kutulu
Destroyer animated by Loki wasn't really that powerful. I'm going with Superman Prime on this.

Destroyer has never destroyed a star with one shot or anything close to it. Loki doesn't provide that much power to it as he himself is fairly weak compared to a skyfather or such.

I'm not sure if the answers here are joking or not. The Destroyer shows virtual immunity to physical blows, but apparently is vulnerable to matter manipulation and raw cosmic energy, Superman Prime seems to have plenty of cosmic energy to go around.

Galan007
Originally posted by Priest
fanboy stick out tongue vin

Kutulu
Destroyer ftw.

This is sarcasm... right?

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu
This is sarcasm... right? Not at all.

Kutulu
Not at all.

The Destroyer armor was physically invulnerable, and had a disintigration beam that was able to cut through Thor's hammer, but it wasn't powerful enough to destroy planets and stars. It's power varies by user; Loki isn't that powerful, ergo the armor won't be that powerful. Thor offered it as a gift to Galactus and Galactus was able to use it briefly as a herald. The Destroyer armor is controlled / operates under whoever has the strongest willpower. If someone was able to out-willpower Loki, then they could easily control the armor. I don't think that would be an issue for Superman Prime.

Green Lantern rings operate by willpower. Look at the size of the hand which came from the Green Lantern ring when Superman Prime used it, it was easily enough to engulf an entire star. The amount of willpower he would have to have in order to do that would be insane.

Thor took over the Destroyer armor before using willpower alone, as an example. During the time the armor is active, the user who is controlling it is placed in a catatonic state. Loki wouldn't be able to do much while operating the armor.

Superman Prime, from all appearances, seemed to have cosmic energy of the DC variety. It has been stated before in Superman that he was a cosmic entity. Superman Prime was more so. Destroyer armor has shown ability to be melted down / damaged by cosmic energy, such as when the Celestials demolished it. Destroyer animated by Loki would only be about 7 feet tall, not the humongous powerful version that fought the Celestials.

Galan007
Green Lantern rings operate by willpower. Look at the size of the hand which came from the Green Lantern ring when Superman Prime used it, it was easily enough to engulf an entire star. The amount of willpower he would have to have in order to do that would be insane. You know that Solaris isn't the size of a conventional star, right?

And I'm sure you also know that Solaris was all but dead when Prime crushed it, thus making the feat that much more unimpressive.

By hearsay, Prime should take this...

By feats, he would not, imo. smile

Faceman
I was going too say , Prime punching a hole in time and sending the Destroyer through it. Then I remembered Destroyer can travel through dimensions...

Kutulu
You know that Solaris isn't the size of a conventional star, right?

And I'm sure you also know that Solaris was all but dead when Prime crushed it, thus making the feat that much more unimpressive.

By hearsay, Prime should take this...

By feats, he would not, imo. smile

You still haven't addressed the willpower issue. From all accounts Superman Prime has way more willpower than Loki had. In combination with his green lantern ring, I honestly do not see how Destroyer could possibly win.

Destroyer's disintigration beam is way too slow for Superman Prime. Destroyer in general is too slow to even hit him. At best, Destroyer could get a stalemate, and that's at best.

Galan007
You still haven't addressed the willpower issue. From all accounts Superman Prime has way more willpower than Loki had. In combination with his green lantern ring, I honestly do not see how Destroyer could possibly win. So you're using mainly opinion concerning Prime, instead of looking at what he's actually done panel-wise?

Cool. thumb up

Kutulu
So you're using mainly opinion concerning Prime, instead of looking at what he's actually done panel-wise?

Cool. thumb up

I am referring specifically to an on-panel use of the Green Lantern ring. If you look at the size and power of his green construct, it's HUMONGOUS. To top it off, it was very powerful, as the one-million storyline heroes weren't able to completely destroy Solaris, so it must have had a lot of power. It's true that Solaris was weakened, but the JLA one million was still unable to finish him off.

Green Lantern rings work off of willpower. Therefore in conclusion, Superman Prime must have had an abnormally large amount of willpower to generate such a construct. This is from on-panel feats.

Kutulu
The scan that I am referring to:
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7820/smp1hx7.jpg

Note how HUGE the hand is, and how HUGE the initial Green Lantern symbol is. The diameter of the sun is 1.4 million kilometers (870,000 miles). The Green Lantern symbol that appears is close to the entire diameter of the sun. From the picture it looks to be about a million kilometers. That is an on-panel feat.

Galan007
The scan that I am referring to:

Note how HUGE the hand is, and how HUGE the initial Green Lantern symbol is. The diameter of the sun is 1.4 million kilometers (870,000 miles). The Green Lantern symbol that appears is close to the entire diameter of the sun. From the picture it looks to be about a million kilometers. That is an on-panel feat. The size of a construct = a feat? confused

Kutulu
The size of a construct = a feat? confused

The size and power of the construct is a willpower feat, yes.

Galan007
The size and power of the construct is a willpower feat, yes. The construct didn't necessarily have to be that powerful though...

. smile

Kutulu
The size of a construct = a feat? confused

I still don't get why you are being so sarcastic with me on this. In the very scans that you posted in the JLA one million thread, you see that Kyle Rayner was struggling to contain Solaris from burning out all of the gasses in the solar system, and was unable to do the same feat that Superman Prime was able to.

Kyle is one of the top, if not the top, Green Lanterns and is reknown for both willpower and creativity, two of the things which determines what a Green Lantern can do with their ring.

Astner

Galan007
I still don't get why you are being so sarcastic with me on this. In the very scans that you posted in the JLA one million thread, you see that Kyle Rayner was struggling to contain Solaris from burning out all of the gasses in the solar system, and was unable to do the same feat that Superman Prime was able to.

Kyle is one of the top, if not the top, Green Lanterns and is reknown for both willpower and creativity, two of the things which determines what a Green Lantern can do with their ring. I'm not being sarcastic at all.

S1M + Kyle nearly burnt Solaris out, just before Prime crushed it. .

So that Prime feat, isn't overly impressive, imo. smile

The Problem
Destroyer.....

batdude123
Inconclusive.

lordboo
no matter who's animating the destroyer the Disintegration beam is still awesome i doubt prime could stand up to that.

Kutulu
Originally posted by lordboo
no matter who's animating the destroyer the Disintegration beam is still awesome i doubt prime could stand up to that.

The disintigration beam is notoriously slow to charge up, and all you have to do is shut the visor before it goes off to cause internal damage to the animated armor.

guy222
destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.