Tie Team Thanos!!....If you Dare!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
Thanos, Rune King Thor, and Storm

VS.

Your three person team

The twist is that your team must win 5/10 against my team. No more no Less. This is a challenge of comparing and contrasting powers. If your up for it,...then lets ROCK!!! rock

BobbyD
....need time to think about this one.

I have 2 of my characters.

guy222
Originally posted by Hitman911

VS.

Your three person team

The twist is that your team must win 5/10 against my team. No more no Less. This is a challenge of comparing and contrasting powers. If your up for it,...then lets ROCK!!! rock

Arishem the Judge

spawnwest
How about World War Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman

spawnwest
Or World War Hulk, He-man, Lobo

Soljer
Both of your teams would get solo'd by Rune King Thor.

spawnwest
Originally posted by Soljer
Both of your teams would get solo'd by Rune King Thor.

What if WW used GW in 5 of those fights.

spawnwest
What about H/P Doomsday, Darkseid, 1st age Spawn

Soljer
Ares with the Godwave > Wonder Woman with the Godwave. And Rune King Thor could take Ares with the Godwave.

Avalonofthewind

VS.

Your three person team

Drax, Black Alice, and SuperMAN.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Tiamut and Arishem

Tyrant
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Drax, Black Alice, and SuperMAN. Drax can't beat Thanos, or even stalemate...

Anyway, I don't dare!

endrict

Darkseid, PC-Superman, gotta think vs storm?

Hitman911
Originally posted by endrict

Magneto?

Hitman911
Originally posted by spawnwest
What about H/P Doomsday, Darkseid, 1st age Spawn

This would be mostly 3 on 2 cause Storm would die in milliseconds.

BobbyD
Originally posted by endrict

My exact dillemma. Who is Storm's equal?

I went with Darkseid & Superman Prime though.

Soljer
Don't even sweat storm.

Just find people to draw with Thanos and Rune King Thor.

You see, in a battle with Odin, galaxies were destroyed. Every plane of reality was shaken. Rune King Thor is even more powerful than Odin. The resulting energies from anyone clashing with him would kill Storm outright.

However, the original post asked for a three person team. So...just throw in aunt may. Residual energies from the fight(s) with Rune King Thor/Thanos would kill both of them without a problem, so you needn't worry about it!

BobbyD
Interesting way of looking at it.

But it also begs to question, who really IS Storm's equal?

Hitman911
Originally posted by BobbyD
Interesting way of looking at it.

But it also begs to question, who really IS Storm's equal?
I say Magneto because if Storm were a villain she would be an equally dangerous threat.

endrict
Darkseid, PC-Superman and Magneto....works for meee big grin

Hitman911
Drax the Destroyer, Scarlett Witch, Magneto

Hitman911
Originally posted by spawnwest
Or World War Hulk, He-man, Lobo no

Endless Mike
Charon, Danik, and Qztr (all from Crossgen)

Sundipped
Superboy Prime, Classic Strange, Scarlett Witch

KMC_Drifter
Darkseid, Galactus, and Rogue

Phenomenol
Freeza, Cell, and Majin Buu will pwn them.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Phenomenol
Freeza, Cell, and Majin Buu will pwn them.

Not only are you wrong, but you didn't even read the OP.

Fail.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Not only are you wrong, but you didn't even read the OP.

Fail.

No I am totally right! These three would waste them all! Hell even solo them.

Op says nothing important.

Demogorge
Composite Superman,WWHulk and The Fury.

Endless Mike
No I am totally right! These three would waste them all! Hell even solo them.

Op says nothing important.

The OP says your team has to tie with them, not beat them.

Also, Rune King Thor kills everyone in the DBU simultaneously.

Phenomenol
The OP says your team has to tie with them, not beat them.

Also, Rune King Thor kills everyone in the DBU simultaneously.

Rune King Thor DIES he hasn't SHOWN anything.

Endless Mike
He has all of Odin's power, plus his own, plus the Runes, which makes him much stronger than Odin, as he defeated foes that Odin couldn't, and broke out of the cycle of Ragnarok just like Odin couldn't.

Also I find it incredibly ironic that you degrade RKT based on his lack of showings, when 99% of arguments for DBZ are based on power by association.

Phenomenol
And? Buu can destroy a Galaxy BY HIMSELF!!!

Dgw2007
Superboy Prime, Superman 1M, Post-Crisis Superman

Endless Mike
No he can't. That was filler, and even in the filler, it took place over an unspecified amount of time, implied to be many years as he took out one planet at a time.

Odin destroyed countless galaxies and shook the multiverse in multiple fights.

Phenomenol
No he can't. That was filler, and even in the filler, it took place over an unspecified amount of time, implied to be many years as he took out one planet at a time.

Odin destroyed countless galaxies and shook the multiverse in multiple fights.

"Filler" fanbase and doesn't exist in Toriyama's world. Stop using your opinion.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/5/29/41941/buudestroyri0.png

Odin never destroyed galaxies on panel.

Endless Mike
Filler is anything that wasn't in the manga.

In the manga (written directly by Toriyama himself), it states that Buu destroyed "many planets". That's it. Nothing about galaxies mentioned. The anime filler directly contradicts that.

Furthermore, those screenshots were time - lapsed footage from a scene being explained by kaioshin. Hardly a primary source.

Odin destroyed galaxies and this was stated directly on - panel by the Omniscient Narrator.

In comics, narration trumps images, which trump dialogue.

Phenomenol
Show me where Toriyama says that scene is Filler? Otherwise it is fanbase opinion.

I just showed you Buu ON PANEL destroying a Galaxy in one blast!!!

Odin NEVER did that.

Endless Mike
He says it in the manga, when he writes Kaioshin saying that Buu destroyed "many planets" and not mentioning galaxies whatsoever.

But of course you're just a rabid fanboy, and you'll ignore the word of Toriyama and take the fillers over him, just to inflate the power of your favorite characters. You're not a real DBZ fan, you're a poser.

Odin's clash with Seth destroyed galaxies all over the universe. Stated directly by the narration. The narration is a direct statement by the author, and is 100% canon. The same thing happened in his battle with Infinity, again, stated directly by the narration.

You lose. Good day, sir.

Soljer
It is filler by the very definition of the word.

What is hard to understand about that?

Filler is anything that was added to the anime that was not in the original manga. Usually used to stretch out the Anime, so the Manga can keep ahead of it.

Technically, even punches and kicks that are thrown in the Anime that are NOT in the Manga? Those are, by definition, 'filler' as well.

Phenomenol
Toriyama ALSO worked on the Anime as well! What you say is YOUR OPINION! You failed right again.

Odin never destroyeda Galaxy on panel Buu DID.

Dgw2007

Phenomenol
It is filler by the very definition of the word.

What is hard to understand about that?

Filler is anything that was added to the anime that was not in the original manga. Usually used to stretch out the Anime, so the Manga can keep ahead of it.

Technically, even punches and kicks that are thrown in the Anime that are NOT in the Manga? Those are, by definition, 'filler' as well.

NOPE, not when Toriyama DID "FILLER" for the Anime. "Filler" is an opinion and Toriyama does not use it.

Soljer
Toriyama ALSO worked on the Anime as well! What you say is YOUR OPINION! You failed right again.

Odin never destroyeda Galaxy on panel Buu DID.

The original creator working on the anime doesn't change the definition of filler. Even if Akira HIMSELF drew the ENTIRE scene, made the entire plot hook, and animated the damn thing himself, it is still, by definition filler.

Oh, and you mentioned 'on panel.'

No - Buu didn't destroy any galaxy on panel, because the only panels exist in Manga. In the manga, he didn't destroy a damned thing but the Earth.

Oh, and Odin destroyed countless Galaxies on panel. The omniscient narrator said so. doped.

Soljer
NOPE, not when Toriyama DID "FILLER" for the Anime. "Filler" is an opinion and Toriyama does not use it.

Filler isn't an opinion.

It's a term. A term that means "anything not in the original source" - be that source manga, novel, or otherwise.

As I said in my previous post, even if Akira animated the scenes himself, if it didn't appear in the manga, it's filler.

What you WANT to be arguing is whether the filler is canon or not. That COULD vary from series to series.

THAT is the argument you WANT to be making - you can't argue agaisnt a definition.

Phenomenol
True I am arguing that this scene is CANON the Anime IS CANON because Toriyama worked on it as well.

Anime is canon.

Dgw2007
Superboy Prime, Superman 1M, Post-Crisis Superman would beat team thanos

Soljer
Originally posted by Dgw2007
Superboy Prime, Superman 1M, Post-Crisis Superman would beat team thanos

Not saying that you're correct or incorrect, but the objective is to tie, not beat.

Dgw2007
well they could also tie

janus77
UniLord Surfer, Dr Strange and WW Hulk would be interesting opponents, imo.

though that's only if the UniLord thing is as powerful in Surfer's hands as it was when it ruled a dimension all by its lonesome.

Hulk's there for muscle against Thanos and RKThor. Strange would bring in sufficient magical protection to keep them from being annihilated in seconds, whilst Surfer would be the range, speed and energy attack mechanism, as well as stealing their souls etc with the unilord powers.

Surfer could also make the other two into Silver Surfer like beings, tap into WW Hulk's infinite energies to amp them all up exponentially, making each one more powerful than Thanos or RK Thor (I'm taking for granted that infinite power >> the runes and assorted powers of Odin) etcetera.

Soljer
Originally posted by janus77
UniLord Surfer, Dr Strange and WW Hulk would be interesting opponents, imo.

though that's only if the UniLord thing is as powerful in Surfer's hands as it was when it ruled a dimension all by its lonesome.

Hulk's there for muscle against Thanos and RKThor. Strange would bring in sufficient magical protection to keep them from being annihilated in seconds, whilst Surfer would be the range, speed and energy attack mechanism, as well as stealing their souls etc with the unilord powers.

Surfer could also make the other two into Silver Surfer like beings, tap into WW Hulk's infinite energies to amp them all up exponentially, making each one more powerful than Thanos or RK Thor (I'm taking for granted that infinite power >> the runes and assorted powers of Odin) etcetera.

The Hulk's muscle means DICK against Thanos and Rune King Thor.

As Strange's magic means DICK against Rune King Thor.

Unilord Surfer is the only wild card. I dunno how he'd play against Thor or Thanos.

Photon009
Photon Genis, Sentry , and Moonstone Zemo.

Bouboumaster
Sentry, Depowered Tyrant and... Captain America..?

janus77

Unilord Surfer is the only wild card. I dunno how he'd play against Thor or Thanos.
do you often spend time reading the meaning of Dick?
you seem to have such a great grip on Dick ... confused

Hulk's strength is valuable, both as a physical threat beyond measure - when allied to the powers of The Silver Surfer (given FTL speeds and flight) and as a source of infinite energies for the whole group to utilise, via Surfer's siphoning and amping abilities.

Strange's magics are an assumption, but quite a safe one to make. if he can summon something like ZOM then clearly the do NOT "mean DICK", as you are so fond of saying.

Kutulu

VS.

Your three person team

Annihilation version of Drax (anti-lifeforce to Thanos, probably granted by Death herself), Tenebrous (to go against RKT), and Black Panther to go against Storm (he can always arm-lock her, like Bobby Brown did to Whitney).

Endless Mike
Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene.

Toriyama only contributed a few character designs and vague ideas for the anime fillers. That's all.

Furthermore, a moderator specifically told you that the narration stating Odin's feats was canon.

Soljer
Originally posted by janus77
do you often spend time reading the meaning of Dick?
you seem to have such a great grip on Dick ... confused

Hulk's strength is valuable, both as a physical threat beyond measure - when allied to the powers of The Silver Surfer (given FTL speeds and flight) and as a source of infinite energies for the whole group to utilise, via Surfer's siphoning and amping abilities.

Strange's magics are an assumption, but quite a safe one to make. if he can summon something like ZOM then clearly the do NOT "mean DICK", as you are so fond of saying.

Of course I have a good grip on dick. I've been in possesion of one my entire life. I would sort of HAVE to know it intimately - like the back of my hand, so to speak.

Anywho - Strange's magic DOES mean absolutely dick to Rune King Thor, considering his magic meant diddly-dick to King Thor who couldn't even compare to his pappy who, in turn, was weaker and less wise than Rune King Thor.

Oh, and just so you can make another of your little insinuating jokes...

dick
dick
dick

Finally, the Hulk's limitless strength is great - but is absolutely meaningless in ninety percent of the fights he is put in around here - especially against MUCH more versatile opponents. Skyfathers aren't often phased by a big bench press.

Phenomenol
Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene.

Toriyama only contributed a few character designs and vague ideas for the anime fillers. That's all.

Furthermore, a moderator specifically told you that the narration stating Odin's feats was canon.

Prove to me that Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Otherwise your just talking out of your ass!

I know what was suggested and claimed.....but I don't SEE ANY GALAXIES being destroyed (especially in a pocket dimension).

HYPERBOLE.

Endless Mike
Prove to me that Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene?

It's not up to me to prove a negative. The burden of proof is on you to prove he did have something to do with that scene.

The fight took place in Asgard, but its effects were felt all over the universe and other dimensions. This was confirmed by Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Spider-man, and Jean Gray, as well as the Omniscient Narrator, which is the same as a direct statement from the author, which is 100% canon. A moderator directly told you that you were wrong about this. You have been reported for this post.

darthgoober
Prove to me that Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know what was suggested and claimed.....but I don't SEE ANY GALAXIES being destroyed (especially in a pocket dimension).

HYPERBOLE.
When have we seen anyone from DBZ other than Boo destroy a planet?

Endless Mike
Originally posted by darthgoober
When have we seen anyone from DBZ other than Boo destroy a planet?

Well Frieza did it, but it took forever.

Also Cell did it via self - destruction.

And that's it, for canon on - panel planet destruction in DBZ.

Phenomenol
It's not up to me to prove a negative. The burden of proof is on you to prove he did have something to do with that scene.

The fight took place in Asgard, but its effects were felt all over the universe and other dimensions. This was confirmed by Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Spider-man, and Jean Gray, as well as the Omniscient Narrator, which is the same as a direct statement from the author, which is 100% canon. A moderator directly told you that you were wrong about this. You have been reported for this post.

I posted interviews with Toriyama telling you he DID Filler for the Anime. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Prove to me that Toriyama just let the staff do that scene? You continue to fail.

Endless Mike
I posted interviews with Toriyama telling you he DID Filler for the Anime.

No, you posted interviews stating that contributed a few character designs for the anime, and gave the anime team "vague ideas" and "let them go wild" and was "constantly surprised at what they came up with".

roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have to prove that he had anything to do with that scene, considering it was not in the manga, and it is directly contradicted by the manga.

Phenomenol
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wrong! You made the claim Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene and I just asked you to prove he let the anime team do it?

darthgoober
Well Frieza did it, but it took forever.

Also Cell did it via self - destruction.

And that's it, for canon on - panel planet destruction in DBZ.
Freeza did, but considering the fact that he had to cause an instability in the core of the planet(and like you said it took a while) I'd hardly consider it a planet destroying blast.

And considering the fact that the "planet" that Cell destroyed was smaller than an NLF football stadium, I don't think that it really counts.

Endless Mike
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wrong! You made the claim Toriyama had nothing to do with that scene and I just asked you to prove he let the anime team do it?

Right, because creating "the general gist of a storyline" for things that have to happen during a 5 - year time skip is the same as writing a scene that directly contradicts what he wrote in the manga. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Phenomenol
Yep! I just provided proof that he does crap that does not appear in the manga...WHICH MAKES THE ANIME CANON!!!!!!!!!!!

You fail.

darthgoober
Yep! I just provided proof that he does crap that does not appear in the manga...WHICH MAKES THE ANIME CANON!!!!!!!!!!!

You fail.
If the anime is cannon, that must mean that Goku is limited to sub light speed unless he's using instant transmission since that's the speed that was established for the technique in the anime right?

Soljer
Wait, I can see someone saying that what happens in the anime is canon so long as it doesn't directly contradict source material.

But, saying that the anime has a level of officiality that SUPERCEDES the manga is inane.

Phenomenol
If the anime is cannon, that must mean that Goku is limited to sub light speed unless he's using instant transmission since that's the speed that was established for the technique in the anime right?

Wrong! That was the dUB version and that is garbage. None of that was stated in the canon anime!

darthgoober
Wrong! That was the dUB version and that is garbage. None of that was stated in the canon anime!
Didn't Toriyama authorize the dub though?

Phenomenol
Nope, Only the Japanese Anime.

darthgoober
So which takes precedence in your mind when they conflict, the anime or the manga?

Phenomenol
*sigh*

NOONE ever considers Dub canon Toriyama doesn't even comment on the American dub because America changes things.

darthgoober
*sigh*

NOONE ever considers Dub canon Toriyama doesn't even comment on the American dub because America changes things.
But if the Japanese anime and manga conflict on something, which one is "correct"?

Phenomenol
It's in continuity it is ALL correct.

darthgoober
It's in continuity it is ALL correct.
How can they both be correct if they're both saying different things?

Phenomenol
Cause it is In continuity!

darthgoober
Cause it is In continuity!
So which is "more" valid? You can't just pick the best feats from each, there has to be a standard if you want to retain any semblance of impartiality. So if the manga says one thing and the anime says another, which do we take as cannon?

Phenomenol
It doesn't work that way it is up to Akira Toriyama to decide that.

darthgoober
It doesn't work that way it is up to Akira Toriyama to decide that.
So what you're saying is that you want to use the best feats from each and throw away anything you don't like that way the characters are considered to be as powerful as they possibly can be right?

Phenomenol
Where did I say that?

darthgoober
Quite the opposite actually. that is what YOU guys want to do.
So you DON'T just use the best feats from each then?

Phenomenol
I use what is canon and Buu destroying a galaxy is canon.

darthgoober
Where did I say that?
You say it(albeit indirectly) whenever you refuse to accept the low end over the high end on a consistent basis. Tell you what, I figured out how we can decide which is "more" valid. Which came out first, the manga or the anime?

darthgoober
I use what is canon and Buu destroying a galaxy is canon.
The scans you posted of that feat were from Cartoon Network, so unless they did the whole "Boo Saga" using the Japanese version(which I don't remember occurring) how could it be cannon?

Phenomenol
That same scene is from the Anime!

You do know Dub has the SAME EXACT SCENES?

darthgoober
That same scene is from the Anime!

You do know Dub has the SAME EXACT SCENES?
It doesn't matter, according to YOU...

Didn't Toriyama authorize the dub though?

And...
*sigh*

Thus anything from the American isn't valid. So you didn't post anything from a cannon source. So go ahead and post it's cannon version and it'll be valid evidence. The only thing is, you'll have to prove that it's in Japanese that way we know it's from a cannon source smile .

Phenomenol
You failed to realize that the DUB changes the damn DIALOGUE but leave the same scenes from the canon anime.

Don't get a head of yourself, please.

darthgoober
You failed to realize that the DUB changes the damn DIALOGUE but leave the same scenes from the canon anime.

Don't get a head of yourself, please.
I don't care, it's still not a cannon source by your own definition so I want actual cannon proof(you know, the thing you always demand from everyone else).

And you never answered which came first, the anime or the manga?

StyleTime
You know, couldn't someone just come up with a team of omnipotent beings and just have them win 5 battles and forfeit 5 battles?

Man, I am so clever. dur

Badabing
Originally posted by StyleTime
You know, couldn't someone just come up with a team of omnipotent beings and just have them win 5 battles and forfeit 5 battles?

Man, I am so clever. dur The dur runs strong with you.

Captain REX
You're driving me nuts, Phenomenol.

I have said in another thread that if the Narrator says that "galaxies are being destroyed," then they are being destroyed. You don't have to see it, it's not hyperbole, get over it.

Second, every time you say "Prove this," I'm going to say "Disprove it instead." That's my reasoning here. If someone says something, you should make efforts to disprove it, instead of demanding their proof. It's silly to shout and whine because they don't have proof, whilst you have none yourself.

Phenomenol
Well, The Anime is canon and Toriyama did it and I provided proof.

That is all that matters.

darthgoober
I don't care, it's still not a cannon source by your own definition so I want actual cannon proof(you know, the thing you always demand from everyone else).

And you never answered which came first, the anime or the manga?

Captain REX
No offense to anyone, but the spelling is CANON.

A cannon is something you shoot people with.

KMC_Drifter
Originally posted by Captain REX
No offense to anyone, but the spelling is CANON.

A cannon is something you shoot people with. laughing

you tell 'em Cap. Rex

I used to to be awful about correcting people's grammar and spelling. I got to where I don't care anymore. Many times I'm workin' on a good drunk when I'm posting on here...and my spelling is thrown out the window at that point. So, I can't call people on it now...since I'm known to do it myself on occasion....lol

StyleTime
Originally posted by Badabing
The dur runs strong with you.
laughing

Ah man I missed this place while I was gone.

What's up? And what happened to the new mods/rules etc?

Hitman911

laughing

Hitman911
I use what is canon and Buu destroying a galaxy is canon. laughing

Ouallada
This is probably the best one I've seen thus far.

Etc.

Being objective and logical is obviously CIS for this guy.

Laminator_X
Hmm, even split against those three eh?

I'll take: Cloak, Dormammu-Boosted Baron Mordo, Klaw

These matchups would swing widely based on who took out whom first.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Hmm, even split against those three eh?

I'll take: Cloak, Dormammu-Boosted Baron Mordo, Klaw

These matchups would swing widely based on who took out whom first.

RTK better go down first if this team stands a chance

Sirius77
Originally posted by Avlon
Drax, Black Alice, and SuperMAN.

That's possibly the smartest thing I've heard
all day. Seriously.

Gecko4lif
Emo sbp, Darkseid and murmur

Hitman911
Originally posted by Dgw2007

overkill? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.