Hitomi vs Sakura Kasugano

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Upon graduating from Tamagawa Minawi High School, Sakura found Ryu at his dojo at Suzaku Castle.

This time, Ryu conceded and took Sakura on as his Ansatsuken trainee, while at the same time, Sakura attends Tokyo University, majoring in both Physical Education and History.

Three years into her training, Sakura has reached black belt status, but she is nowhere near her mentor's level.

Along with her sempai, Ken Masters and his pupil Sean Matsuda, Sakura competes in a martial arts tournament in Seattle (the school going by the name the Shotokan School of Karate).

Sean loses in the final match, but Ryu and Ken wins the 2-on-2 competition, leaving Sakura and her opponent: the halvsie karate expert (and DOA participant) Hitomi.

With their respective factions watching in the audience, Hitomi and Sakura square off.

Superboy Prime
Sakura curbstomps Hitomi even with her mime ansatsuken. With Ryu's training well you get the idea.

Guilty Gear
Hitomi because...well...uh....

She's my baby! eek!bWob-mZTUhs

Cale_Daziel
I was thinking about this one the other day...

Hitomi. Even with Ryu's training, Sakura would have just received her black belt, while Hitomi would have been one for much longer and would be more experienced.

More Experience + High finishes in tournaments = Hitomi would win.

ThoraxeRMG
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Hitomi because...well...uh....

She's my baby! eek!bWob-mZTUhs

*Slaps* I told you, you got KOS-MOS, I got Hitomi.

Guilty Gear
ermm

Superboy Prime
He can't have KOS-MOS, dude.

*Teleports Big mother ****ing gun*

Understood?

---

Was this a Karate or Ansatsuken match for Sakura?

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Was this a Karate or Ansatsuken match for Sakura?

Everyone else thinks that they use Shotokan Karate. Think about it. Would you allow a school to compete whose name means Assassin's Fist?

Superboy Prime
Yeah...so it's ansatsuken...Sakura curbstomps poor old Hitomi.

Only chance for Hitomi is if Sakura fights her using Hitomi's style. And I will say Hitomi wins that one with some competition.

ThoraxeRMG
He can't have KOS-MOS, dude.

*Teleports Big mother ****ing gun*

Understood?

Sucks for Guilty.......

Cale_Daziel
Hitomi wins, regardless of what fighting style is used.

Superboy Prime
no she does not.

Guilty Gear
Yes she does

Superboy Prime
Nah dude.

With an emulated Ansatsuken Sakura managed to impress Ryu. She also fought Bison and sparred with Ken.

So far Hitomi has only managed to beat Jann Lee. Impressive by her own right, but Sakura has shown more potential.

I say she beats her without a doubt because this time she WILL know how to perform the Ansatsuken moves.

Guilty Gear
Hitomi...pwnz...everything

Cale_Daziel
Nah dude.

With an emulated Ansatsuken Sakura managed to impress Ryu. She also fought Bison and sparred with Ken.

So far Hitomi has only managed to beat Jann Lee. Impressive by her own right, but Sakura has shown more potential.

I say she beats her without a doubt because this time she WILL know how to perform the Ansatsuken moves.

So, lets get this right, the ability to impress Ryu + potential upside >>> Hitomi's Sucess + Experience?

Hitomi fought against Hayate, and although she lost, I'd say Hayate is about par with Bison. By reading the wikipedia post on Sakura, it sounds like she was beaten soundly and easily, where as Hitomi was atleast competitive against Hayate. Based on that alone, you'd almost say that Hitomi's faced off against opponents equal to that of what Sakura's faced and had more success, so therefore Hitomi gets the nod based on the competition, and sucess she's faced.

Ryu is a bit better than Ken, so Sakura's sparring with Ken means very little if she's training with Ryu. Hitomi trained with Ein (Hayate) for a stint, plus has been a black belt for many years and would have a great deal more experience, even including Sakura's stint with Ryu. You can't suggest that Ken/Ryu is that much better than Hayate, so the two girls have both sparred with great fighters.

So keeping in mind that the two have similar backgrounds and only Hitomi has proven results, I'd say Hitomi wins. It's great that Sakura has upside, but whether or not it materializes is something completely different. Hitomi, who would be 21 according to the storyline, would only have improved as well, not to mention that at 18 she finished 3rd in the DOA3 tournament.

Who knows what Hitomi might have accomplished in that three year period, but it's likely that she'll have improved as well since she too has massive upside, and I'd say more than Sakura since... well, you know, Hitomi has actually accomplished something.

In fact, I can't even see why this match would be close...

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by Cale_Daziel
I'd say Hayate is about par with Bison.That's impossible. Bison could put up a fight against Gouki who surpasses Jesus by leaps and bounds and even Chuck Norris himself. God you are such a fanboy.

Cale_Daziel
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
God you are such a fanboy.

Sure, if you say so.

I actually don't know a whole lot about Bison, so I was going out on a limb when I said that. I've played the street fighter games, and just made an assumption based off of that.

I actually don't like Hayate, for the record.

Guilty Gear
It was a joke, but I think you knew that already. happy

Cale_Daziel
lol, I'm sorry. I just finished my shift and I'm tired, so if I seem grumpy that's why. (and I get to go back again and do another 8 shift in... 5 hours, yay me)...

Anyways, Hitomi beats Sakura.

Superboy Prime
So, lets get this right, the ability to impress Ryu + potential upside >>> Hitomi's Sucess + Experience?

Actually I would say Sakura has more experience than Hitomi. Hitomi has only been in 2 tournaments, ya know? Sakura on the other hand started street fighting and eventually got involved in Alpha 3's messed up plot. Appearance wise they are dead even with Sakura appearing in Alpha 2 and 3; Hitomi appearing in DOA3 and DOA4. And to be honest I doubt Hitomi did anything worthy in DOA4 given how she was pretty much on crack in the cut-scenes and ending.

Hitomi fought against Hayate, and although she lost, I'd say Hayate is about par with Bison. By reading the wikipedia post on Sakura, it sounds like she was beaten soundly and easily, where as Hitomi was atleast competitive against Hayate. Based on that alone, you'd almost say that Hitomi's faced off against opponents equal to that of what Sakura's faced and had more success, so therefore Hitomi gets the nod based on the competition, and sucess she's faced.

You think Hayate is on par with Bison...WOW.

Ryu is a bit better than Ken, so Sakura's sparring with Ken means very little if she's training with Ryu. Hitomi trained with Ein (Hayate) for a stint, plus has been a black belt for many years and would have a great deal more experience, even including Sakura's stint with Ryu. You can't suggest that Ken/Ryu is that much better than Hayate, so the two girls have both sparred with great fighters.

What? Ryu may be better than Ken but that does not take away from sparring with Ken because Ken is no pushover either. Not to mention she's fighting them with an emulated style. For this matchup she WILL know how to perform the actual moves, and that will secure the win for Sakura. Hayate H2H should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Ryu & Ken, but I just did that. I hate myself now.

So keeping in mind that the two have similar backgrounds and only Hitomi has proven results, I'd say Hitomi wins. It's great that Sakura has upside, but whether or not it materializes is something completely different. Hitomi, who would be 21 according to the storyline, would only have improved as well, not to mention that at 18 she finished 3rd in the DOA3 tournament.

Against fighers we don't know. The only person we know she beat is Jann Lee, and he does not come close to the level of competition Sakura faced in Alpha games.

Who knows what Hitomi might have accomplished in that three year period, but it's likely that she'll have improved as well since she too has massive upside, and I'd say more than Sakura since... well, you know, Hitomi has actually accomplished something.

In fact, I can't even see why this match would be close...

duriroll

Cale_Daziel
confused

Hitomi is two years older and has been a black-belt for quiet a while and practising Karate even longer. Sakura, from the film I watched, decided when she was 15-16 to begin getting into Karate. Hitomi has more experience, and sucess, regardless of being in the same amount of video game apperances. Besides, atleast Hitomi's done something to merit having the label 'potenial upside' attached to her, unlike Sakura, who really hasn't done a whole lot of... well... anything.

I dislike Hayate, but I know he's tough. I don't know a lot about Bison. The point was they can both fight powerful opponents and that they have practised with foes who are of great strength.

Speaking of Sakura's awesome record anyway, all she's done is lose to Karin twice, fought Honda (don't know who won), and got beaten by Bison... that's an awesome record right there, huh?

* I got that information from wikipedia, don't know how accurate it is, but I'll roll with it.

Hitomi's finished 3rd, and while we only know she beat Jann Lee, you have to assume she beat more than just him to rank so high. Besides, at least we can say Hitomi has for sure won something. I'd say that Karin, who defeated Sakura twice, isn't nearly as good as some of the DOA competitors Hitomi would have encountered. I'd also throw Honda into that category as well.

So other than Bison, who handily defeated Sakura, she really hasn't had much in terms of difficult competition. Atleast Hitomi has won atleast one fight, and likely several others. We also know Hitomi beat Lei fang in DOA4 as expressed in her ending (the cabbage tie in), so that's two wins for Hitomi, and Sakura is seemingly still with a goose egg.

Again, Hitomi's more experienced and had sucess. Sakura would still be inexperienced in comparison to Hitomi, who's been training much longer and actually won matches. I don't see Sakura beating Hitomi until she start winning... anything... maybe a fight would be a good starting place.

Warakia
I'm going to have to give it to Hitomi, sure, Sakura has chi control and knows some Ansatsuken, but it when you think about it, it all counts up to experience, doesn't it?

Hitomi has competed in two of the DOA tournaments, and in one of them she had gained third place which that alone is a feat in itself.

Sakura, has only fought college frat boys according to her storyline, and to some extent, Karin Kanzuki. So does she have the experience which Hitomi does? No, not at all. And sure, Sakura fought Ryu-- but he had to pull his punches and hold back on her. So did she really learn anything then? Not necessarily.

However, Sakura does have a never say die attitude with her, which Hitomi also does posses.

But Hitomi is a hard hitter, one good hit... Sakura KOed.

Cosmic Cube
Hitomi can't throw hadou-kens! She loses!

Csdabest
Skill wise Bison gets beat by Hayate. Its just Bison Phyoco power that gives him the win

Cosmic Cube
Phyoco power? ermm

Shadowloo's OG
Sakura...

Cale_Daziel
Originally posted by Warakia
I'm going to have to give it to Hitomi, sure, Sakura has chi control and knows some Ansatsuken, but it when you think about it, it all counts up to experience, doesn't it?

Hitomi has competed in two of the DOA tournaments, and in one of them she had gained third place which that alone is a feat in itself.

Sakura, has only fought college frat boys according to her storyline, and to some extent, Karin Kanzuki. So does she have the experience which Hitomi does? No, not at all. And sure, Sakura fought Ryu-- but he had to pull his punches and hold back on her. So did she really learn anything then? Not necessarily.

However, Sakura does have a never say die attitude with her, which Hitomi also does posses.

But Hitomi is a hard hitter, one good hit... Sakura KOed.

Agreed

Wandering Flame
They both are pretty much lacking showings of actual stats.

Though if we were to use outside/fake/noncanon material, you name it, Hitomi wins due to her showings in Dead Fantasy.

Come to think of it, I don't think Sakura has anything besides beating Dan's ass (which anyone can do).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.