Wisdom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Disappear
has anyone read this mini? i'm assuming that all six issues have come out, considering i bought the fifth at least two months ago. coincidentally, i neglected to read the third through fifth until just tonight, as i'd tossed them aside for some reason.

personally, i think it's a great, light-hearted look at the character, with enough action, seriousness and humor to make it a perfect book. light-hearted may be the wrong term, but it's ****in' entertaining. the bit about him mumbling the word pride in his sleep just shows a side of the character we'd yet to see, and some respect for stories that have come to pass, despite a different tone to the book.

also, the last page of issue five was the best "punchline" of any comic i've ever read. ever. ****ing priceless. couldn't ask for more.

thoughts?

llagrok
Shang Chi was in it, good enough for me smile

I liked it, even though I thought the "main villain" was a tad ridiculous. I read it mostly for laughs and to see Pete. He was always one of my favourites.

Disappear
dude, if by "main villain" you mean the ones who made ransom bring in jack the rippers, aztec trains, and magic carpets, that's the BEST villain in the history of marvel.

shang chi's appearance made me laugh wholeheartedly. also, the goldie lookin' chain reference in the soundtrack was great too. funny blokes.

DigiMark007
Shang Chi...as in, Mortal Kombat?

Swanky-Tuna
That was Shang Tsung!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.