Thanos vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
Normally I wouldn't give Thanos much of a chance against Dr. Strange, but this fight is a little peculiar.

the location is DC earth. wink Dr. Strange's spells and abilities all work, but he cannot summon anyone from the marvel universes (though spells invoked in their name will work.)

Both get 2 days of prep time. Both get access to their bases, which have been moved to the DC universe.

Who wins this battle of the odd man out? big grin

Goddess Kali
I love my Thanos to death, but Dr. Strange will win. He's far too versatile, and since he defeated the likes of Dormammu and Shuma Gorath, I am sorry, but I am going to have to go with Dr. Strange.

Soljer
Two days prep time? Strange gets every magic entity in DC eating out of his palm.

stick out tongue.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by long pig
This is a prime feat. Strange actually fixes, fine tunes and rebuilds every planet in our universe to it's former glory, all at once, with a single spell.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4320/mightsu2.th.jpg
I shouldn't have given the SOB prep time. stick out tongue

lordboo
with 2 days prep thanos goes off in search of the anti life equation instead of battling strange

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by lordboo
with 2 days prep thanos goes off in search of the anti life equation instead of battling strange

He will NOT get the ALE in 2 days. durlaugh

lordboo
i never said he would ,he'd be better off going on a little quest than fighting strange

Soljer
I don't think he meant that Thanos would GET the Anti Life Equation.

He just would be more concerned with that than battling strange - strange'd win by default, as Thanos'd never come to the match.

lordboo
Originally posted by Soljer

He just would be more concerned with that than battling strange - strange'd win by default, as Thanos'd never come to the match.
thumb up

TricksterPriest

you think he'd know about it in the first place? Besides, he won't get it for one reason.

Strange can find him anywhere in the universe. And Strange will take him out regardless of where he is. stick out tongue

the battle takes place on DC earth, but they can go anywhere in DC for prep.

Goddess Kali
Yeah, as much as I love Thanos, he aint gonna beat Strange. Thanos would have to plan wayyyyyyyyy ahead to defeat Dr. Strange. Strange just has too much versatile ability at his disposal

Harry Fingerman
Strange has admitted Thanos is above him a couple times...

And Strange is currently about to get smashed by Huc, and is getting taken out by ninjas recently...

Symmetric Chaos
Without prep I'd actually give Thanos an edge just because I have a hard time seeing Strange pulling out his insane uber stuff against Thanos in a straight up fight erm

With prep I doubt Thanos has a chance though.

Priest
Without Prep Thanos win, Strange has addmited to the Silver Surfer that he would need his help to try to put down Thanos in "THE END".

With only 2 days of prep, Strange wins.

Goddess Kali
Strange took out the likes of Dormammu and Shuma Gorath

Thanos does have immense power and strength, as well as intelligence, but he has no magic. The closes thing to magic he has is matter manipulation to a limitted degree.

However, how can he honestly stand against immense Magic ? Magic, which allows one to defy the physics of the universe, or atleast manipulate it to the point of translating one power into a completely different one.

Unless Thanos can initially get his hands on Strange, Stephen takes this.

guy222
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Normally I wouldn't give Thanos much of a chance against Dr. Strange, but this fight is a little peculiar.

the location is DC earth. wink Dr. Strange's spells and abilities all work, but he cannot summon anyone from the marvel universes (though spells invoked in their name will work.)

Both get 2 days of prep time. Both get access to their bases, which have been moved to the DC universe.

Who wins this battle of the odd man out? big grin

strange ftw

TricksterPriest
Bumped, and a change.

First round is prep.
2nd is a straight fight.

Phenomenol
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dr. Strange CURBSTOMP Thanos without prep.

Whoever made this Hates Thanos because he is the prep time whore!

quanchi112
thanos defeats strange with prep. hes to damn good. strange although great at prep himself is currently having his hands fool with ww hulk who is a planetary threat at best. thanos goes around pawning elders with ig gems. in a straight up fight i believe thanos is to much for the good old doctor.

i couldnt see dr straneg hanging with odin on the fly like thanos did. thanos wins on both accounts.

Phenomenol
NOOOOOOOOOOOO Thanos with Prep coulsn't even defeat the beings Strange fights in combat.

This isa curbstomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Phenomenol
NOOOOOOOOOOOO Thanos with Prep coulsn't even defeat the beings Strange fights in combat.

This isa curbstomp. thanos with prep was the threat. read ig for starters. then when u really want to see thanos powered up read the end.

Phenomenol
I read both and Thanos with prep can't even look at Dr. Strange.

quanchi112
I read both and Thanos with prep can't even look at Dr. Strange. then u realize that thanos became god twice. has strange ever been half as powerful.

lordboo
Originally posted by quanchi112
then u realize that thanos became god twice. has strange ever been half as powerful.
strange doest go looking to become god.he doesn't suffer from an inferiority complex.

Phenomenol
then u realize that thanos became god twice. has strange ever been half as powerful.

That's because Thanos weak ass needs artifacts to boost his powers because his are suspect. Thanos whole carrer is based on Prep!!!

Strange >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Flu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

quanchi112
strange doest go looking to become god.he doesn't suffer from an inferiority complex. strange us the hero of course he wouldnt be looking to become god. but to say strange is better with prep than thanos is just flat out wrong.

lordboo
strange us the hero of course he wouldnt be looking to become god. but to say strange is better with prep than thanos is just flat out wrong.
i never strange was better than thanos with prep.

quanchi112
i never strange was better than thanos with prep. i was talking in general there to those who said that strange was basically better than thanos with prep.

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins both match.

Giving him prep is giving him the victory. Thanos mental shutdown Strange with a blink of the eye with prep.

Phenomenol
Dude you just showed that ou know nothing about Dr. strange. Strange Mind blasted Moondragon when she had the mind Gem.

quanchi112
Dude you just showed that ou know nothing about Dr. strange. Strange Mind blasted Moondragon when she had the mind Gem. thats moondragon, not thanos.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos wins both match.

Giving him prep is giving him the victory. Thanos mental shutdown Strange with a blink of the eye with prep.

I think the eye protects him from that.

Phenomenol
thats moondragon, not thanos.

Moondragon with the Mind Gem and Strange beat her in a telepath battle.

quanchi112
Moondragon with the Mind Gem and Strange beat her in a telepath battle. moondragon never impressed me that much.

so i say meh.

TricksterPriest
strange us the hero of course he wouldnt be looking to become god. but to say strange is better with prep than thanos is just flat out wrong.

Actually, it's the solid truth. cool

I'll let LP tell it like it is. wink

Lord Shaper
Strange would win. He has all that magic, I mean come on! In all seriousness though, Thanos is mighty powerful, and I say it would be a great fight. Strange would come out on top eventually IMO.

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet would be another story, obviously.

tjcoady
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Strange took out the likes of Dormammu and Shuma Gorath

Thanos does have immense power and strength, as well as intelligence, but he has no magic. The closes thing to magic he has is matter manipulation to a limitted degree.

However, how can he honestly stand against immense Magic ? Magic, which allows one to defy the physics of the universe, or atleast manipulate it to the point of translating one power into a completely different one.

Unless Thanos can initially get his hands on Strange, Stephen takes this.

actually, I'm not sure how accurate that is. In the beginning of his quest for the infinity gauntlet, when he tricks the Surfer into blasting that other dude instead of him, he mentions how he is "casting a spell." not really evidence that he's a great magic user, and probably just an inconsistency/odd word choice, but he does say it.

boriquaking55
Classic Strange would win this. But let's get realistic - he hasn't been written at those levels in many years, I actually would give Thanos the advantage here. Strange admitted he was below Thanos in The End - I'll take the word of a writer over 3-4 fanboys.

Edit: Strange didn't do shit to Odin, and hasn't done shit in years to anyone really. He's nowhere near the level he was when he was taking on Shuma and Eternity. That was 30 years ago. He has trouble with the Hulk now. Dude needed Hitler's help to beat a demon. Wake up people, this thread is ridiculous

quanchi112
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Classic Strange would win this. But let's get realistic - he hasn't been written at those levels in many years, I actually would give Thanos the advantage here. Strange admitted he was below Thanos in The End - I'll take the word of a writer over 3-4 fanboys.

Edit: Strange didn't do shit to Odin, and hasn't done shit in years to anyone really. He's nowhere near the level he was when he was taking on Shuma and Eternity. That was 30 years ago. He has trouble with the Hulk now. Dude needed Hitler's help to beat a demon. Wake up people, this thread is ridiculous for strange to be strugling with ww hulk is to funny. he is planetary threat at best. strange with prep is no where near thanos. he has one or two strong feats but thanos basically doesnt lose with prep. thanos has accomplished higher goals as well. thanos wins this hands down.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Strange has admitted Thanos is above him a couple times...

And Strange is currently about to get smashed by Huc, and is getting taken out by ninjas recently...

Yeah also Strange almost got killed by ninjas too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

janus77
thanos could win both scenarios, the prep one with sufficient and deft application of deceit and cunning. the straight-up confrontation with greater personal powers and immense speed.

Strange's presence in the DC universe would inevitably attract a lot of unwanted attention from demons, mages and other magical entities. Thanos, being the consummate pragmatist, would simply arrange for Fate or someone of that ilk to absorb Strange's powers for themselves, in exchange for help with getting back to the Marvel Universe. or maybe a map to the Source Wall (where Thanos could study the phenomena close up and maybe find some way of tapping into the ultimate powers it obscures?).

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by janus77
thanos could win both scenarios, the prep one with sufficient and deft application of deceit and cunning. the straight-up confrontation with greater personal powers and immense speed.

Strange's presence in the DC universe would inevitably attract a lot of unwanted attention from demons, mages and other magical entities. Thanos, being the consummate pragmatist, would simply arrange for Fate or someone of that ilk to absorb Strange's powers for themselves, in exchange for help with getting back to the Marvel Universe. or maybe a map to the Source Wall (where Thanos could study the phenomena close up and maybe find some way of tapping into the ultimate powers it obscures?).

Wouldn't Strange be making equivalent allies?

janus77
Strange is more of a threat to the magical types... so Thanos could exploit that better, imo.

also Strange seems a bit too haughty to condescend to such under-hand activities...

Sundipped
Strange wins regardless. He could win in astral form. Thanos's beloved Death couldn't do jack shit to Strange in that form so what is Thanos going to possibly do?

janus77
Transform into Bruce Banner and wait for Strange to give him a hug?
confused

Sundipped
Nah. He won't fall for that same trick twice. Soon as he transforms into Hulk we'll see that twitch of the fingers Strange was talking about. cool

janus77
Strange suffers from Parkinsons?

Thanos won't have to transform, he'll just blast Strange when he comes in close.

Sundipped

Thanos won't have to transform, he'll just blast Strange when he comes in close.

Yeah. A form that can kill Hulk instantly.

Don't really see much a blast is gonna do to an astral form. roll eyes (sarcastic)

janus77
well, I thought we agreed that he was going to step out of his astral form, when Thanos goes Banner?

anyway, I'm sure my first tactic would be more successful for Thanos. basic geopolitics, if a potential peer-competitor emerges, gang up against him with some weaker player (Thanos) in order to reduce the field back to normal.

Fate or someother magic-type would naturally form an alliance with Thanos to banish/destroy Strange, as Strange would present the greater threat to then than Thanos could.

Symmetric Chaos

Nerve damage.

It ended his medical practice and it's the reason he eventually became the SorcererSupreme.

Akuki
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nerve damage.

It ended his medical practice and it's the reason he eventually became the SorcererSupreme.
I think it's been shown that when his magic gets cut off the damage returns.

janus77
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Nerve damage.

hmm, I don't suppose Hulk was trying out some form of shiatsu massage on Strange's hands then?

Sundipped
well, I thought we agreed that he was going to step out of his astral form, when Thanos goes Banner?

anyway, I'm sure my first tactic would be more successful for Thanos. basic geopolitics, if a potential peer-competitor emerges, gang up against him with some weaker player (Thanos) in order to reduce the field back to normal.

Fate or someother magic-type would naturally form an alliance with Thanos to banish/destroy Strange, as Strange would present the greater threat to then than Thanos could.

I see alot help for Thanos in this thread and rightfully so but why would Fate team up with Thanos? I don't see how Strange would be concieved as an immediate threat to DC universe. He is just there to fight Thanos.

It's like saying lets take this fight to DC universe so Thanos can decieve every 1 into thinking Strange is an evil entity or something then every 1 can gang up on him. Sounds like a cop-out win to give Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sundipped
I see alot help for Thanos in this thread and rightfully so but why would Fate team up with Thanos? I don't see how Strange would be concieved as an immediate threat to DC universe. He is just there to fight Thanos.

It's like saying lets take this fight to DC universe so Thanos can decieve every 1 into thinking Strange is an evil entity or something then every 1 can gang up on him. Sounds like a cop-out win to give Thanos. ur giving strange to much credit. current strange hasnt even stopped ww hulk and how long has he had to prep for this.

Ouallada
Strange at present levels will get spanked 10/10 on both levels. Classic Strange would take a majority, or a split at worst. However, I would wager that Thanos would get a deux ex machina weapon if prep time was longer.

Sundipped
ur giving strange to much credit. current strange hasnt even stopped ww hulk and how long has he had to prep for this.

Who said I was using current Strange? What does Hulk have to do with this? Strange already said he could kill him easily. I think it was 2 days prep.

quanchi112
Who said I was using current Strange? What does Hulk have to do with this? Strange already said he could kill him easily. I think it was 2 days prep. ud have to use strange at his most powerful to contend with thanos with prep.

Priest
THANOS!

Ouallada
^Well, since this is current Strange, Thanos should take this in a real stomp.

janus77

It's like saying lets take this fight to DC universe so Thanos can decieve every 1 into thinking Strange is an evil entity or something then every 1 can gang up on him. Sounds like a cop-out win to give Thanos.
yup, exactly!

I don't know if Thanos can really out-prep him in anyway, bearing in mind that Thanos is more science and tech dependant, everything he'd do for prep would require R&D time. Strange would just commune with the demons/gods of magic in DCU and come to some sort of an arrangement.

I find it much more fun to try and conceive of a way for the 'underdog' to out fox the favourite (if I may mix my metaphors) smile.

Sundipped
ud have to use strange at his most powerful to contend with thanos with prep.

Of course.

quanchi112
Of course. even then he loses imo.

Sundipped
even then he loses imo.

Yeah even tho he was worried about Strange during his IG quest.
U saw what Adam accomplished with it vs. Strange : nothing.
Strange wins imo.

quanchi112
Yeah even tho he was worried about Strange during his IG quest.
U saw what Adam accomplished with it vs. Strange : nothing.
Strange wins imo. it seemed like strange had no bearing whatsoever on thanos losing it. and the good old doctor needed thanos to help them get it back from nebula.

TricksterPriest
Even with the IG, Thanos was worried about Strange stopping him.

lordboo
Even with the IG, Thanos was worried about Strange stopping him.
also surfer took a blast from the ig and it had little effect on him due to a dr strange protection spell.

quanchi112
Even with the IG, Thanos was worried about Strange stopping him. strange didnt do jack to stop thanos. so whats ur point. adam warlock was the leader of the opposition not strange. he got the gems at the end of the story not strange. quit overrating doctor strange.

quanchi112
also surfer took a blast from the ig and it had little effect on him due to a dr strange protection spell. thanos spared the surfer becuz he didnt want him dead how many times in this story. he could have had his golem destroy him but since he was all powerful he could afford to keep him alive. thanos could have snapped his fingers and had strange killed that easily.

Phenomenol
Thanos is slow he has no speed nor the power to even look at Strange.

Mr Master
I see some questionable posts.

I hope no one is implying that Strange even comes close to the IG.

Strange got stomped horrible by the Power Gem alone against Warlock.

Strange had prep,
and even brought out all of his Talisman's which he used as a combined weapon,

still got stomped by the Power Gem alone. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
I see some questionable posts.

I hope no one is implying that Strange even comes close to the IG.

Strange got stomped horrible by the Power Gem alone against Warlock.

Strange had prep,
and even brought out all of his Talisman's which he used as a combined weapon,

still got stomped by the Power Gem alone. smile sometimes i cant believe some of these posts mr master. like thanos was afriad of dr strange. laughing he took on abstracts and defeated eternity but hes scared of some crappy has been surgeon.

laughing strange is being overexaggerated to laughable levels. threatening thanos with the ig. thats a good one.

laughing laughing laughing

quanchi112
Thanos is slow he has no speed nor the power to even look at Strange. thanos has no power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

tell that to odin,thor with the power gem, the maker,silver surfer.

but then u have strange racking his brain to figure out away to stop ww hulk.

laughing

Phenomenol
thanos has no power. roll eyes (sarcastic)

tell that to odin,thor with the power gem, the maker,silver surfer.

but then u have strange racking his brain to figure out away to stop ww hulk.

laughing

Thanos has no power his power is in his prep time!thumb up

Odin was kicking Thanos ass, Thanos would have lost to power Gem Thor if he didn't use his TECH, The maker was weakened and was not in her right mind and Surfer gets KO'd by EVERYONE.....that is nothing.

Strange has faced beings that would look at Thanos and he would DIE. Shuma Gorath, Dormammu, Galactus, Inbetweener, Eternity Hell he became Eternity.

Thanos DIES. thumb up

quanchi112
Thanos has no power his power is in his prep time!thumb up

Odin was kicking Thanos ass, Thanos would have lost to power Gem Thor if he didn't use his TECH, The maker was weakened and was not in her right mind and Surfer gets KO'd by EVERYONE.....that is nothing.

Strange has faced beings that would look at Thanos and he would DIE. Shuma Gorath, Dormammu, Galactus, Inbetweener, Eternity Hell he became Eternity.

Thanos DIES. thumb up did u not read the thanos quest. did u not see him pawn the in betweener. for thanos to ko the maker is also stil impressive in it and of itself. odin didnt ko thanos. that is impressive also. thanos stood up to power gem thor while the others couldnt and ended the battle when he tired of it. thanos has defeated eternity and beings far more powerful than dr strange has faced. thanos became god a few times now. while the good old doctor was a nonfactor in ig. he didnt do a thing to thanos when he had the gems. not one thing at all.

for u to say thanos has no power is just funny,sad, and wrong all in the same vein.

Phenomenol
Dude, the Inbetweener was in a stasis field that made him weak. The Maker wasn't even trying to fight Thanos she was looking for answers, Odin would have killed Thanos if the fight continued, Thanos ended the battle because he was going to get his ass kicked (Thanos was the one bleeding).

Show me when Thanos fought Eternity UNDER his own power? LOL, you just proved my point how Thanos is a prep time whore by using the IG saga to support your claims.

Strange RAPES Thanos, he Rapes Death to make Thanos angry. smile

Ouallada
Dude, the Inbetweener was in a stasis field that made him weak. The Maker wasn't even trying to fight Thanos she was looking for answers, Odin would have killed Thanos if the fight continued, Thanos ended the battle because he was going to get his ass kicked (Thanos was the one bleeding).

Show me when Thanos fought Eternity UNDER his own power? LOL, you just proved my point how Thanos is a prep time whore by using the IG saga to support your claims.

Strange RAPES Thanos, he Rapes Death to make Thanos angry. smile

So? Strange has also had his fair share of iffy situations set up so he could beat more powerful opponents. It happens in comics.

Not being able to beat Eternity under one's own power is a given for 99.99% of marvel entities. Saying that Strange withstood the IG which made Eternity its ***** and using that as a measure of Strange's power is asinine. The power gem alone has put Strange in his place more than once.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Ouallada
So? Strange has also had his fair share of iffy situations set up so he could beat more powerful opponents. It happens in comics.

Not being able to beat Eternity under one's own power is a given for 99.99% of marvel entities. Saying that Strange withstood the IG which made Eternity its ***** and using that as a measure of Strange's power is asinine. The power gem alone has put Strange in his place more than once.

Show me where I said Strange handled the IG?

Strange is BEYOND Thanos comprehension and Thanos would get raped.

quanchi112

Strange RAPES Thanos, he Rapes Death to make Thanos angry. smile so what. u said the inbetweener and i showed u where thanos defeated him along with all the other elders of the universe.

odin wouldnt have killed thanos and ur speculating. when did thanos end the battle beta ray bill ended it not thanos. imagine dr strange showing up in asgard he would get thrashed in no time by odin.

you think thanos is a prep time whore when he basically became supreme being. who doesnt need prep for that.
laughing

thanos is more than doctor strange could ever be.

strange had headaches with doctor strange.

quanchi112
Show me where I said Strange handled the IG?

Strange is BEYOND Thanos comprehension and Thanos would get raped. strange isnt even at thanos level and never wil be. remember ig,iwar, and i crusade----thanos had to save the universe and played more of a pivotal role in all these stories more than dr strannge ever could.

thanos wins.

Happy Dance

Phenomenol
What a weak reason.

King Kandy
Thanos would have lost to power Gem Thor if he didn't use his TECH,
Yeah, 'cause it's not like Power Gem Thor also pwned Dr. Strange or anything...

King Kandy
What a weak reason.
Like saying Thanos was "Bleeding" when there wasn't a speck of blood on him?

quanchi112
What a weak reason. ur making dr strange into a universal stomper. not even close. thanos with prep>>>>>strange with prep.

thanos without prep>dr strange without prep.

Phenomenol
Strange has faced interdimensional beings who would look at Thanos and he would die.

Dr. Strange >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the Flu>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

Crimson King
IF there was not prep, I would say Thanos would probably take this, mostly because he can take blasts from heralds of Galactus and not even get injured.

With prep, I have no clue (Though leaning towards Dr. Strange.)

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Crimson King
IF there was not prep, I would say Thanos would probably take this, mostly because he can take blasts from heralds of Galactus and not even get injured.

With prep, I have no clue (Though leaning towards Dr. Strange.)

You don't know any damn thing about comics. You saying Thanos can even look at Dr. Strange proves that. Thanos whole career is based on PREP and TECH!!!

Go back to NF and post in the convo thread and gossip about other members.

Crimson King
*snip trolling*

Still a troll I see. Dr. Strange even said he needed help to defeat Thanos.

TricksterPriest
Strange easily takes the prep battle IMO. And frankly, he should be able to take the non-prep one if he goes all out.

Phenomenol
Originally posted by Crimson King
Still a troll I see. Dr. Strange even said he needed help to defeat Thanos.

You just fail to the highest degree. thumb down

Endless Mike
You just fail to the highest degree. thumb down

You didn't even try to counter his argument.

Phenomenol
None of you have a argument, any moron with a brain cell who reads comics knows the only instance that he is talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Endless Mike
"Any moron with one brain cell"

So in other words, you?

Phenomenol
No, You who thinks Thanos can look at Dr. Strange.

Symmetric Chaos
None of you have a argument, any moron with a brain cell who reads comics knows the only instance that he is talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/dakota_wm/ohhburn.png

Originally posted by Endless Mike
"Any moron with one brain cell"

So in other words, you?

Endless Mike

That doesn't even mean anything.

Just leave this thread and stop trolling.

Phenomenol
The troll is you! Endless LIES.

Endless Mike
Then how come you're the one who is constantly being warned by the mods?

Phenomenol
Cause I prove the many members wrong likie Dr. Strange pwning Thanos. Then the members who get proven wrong can't beat me in a straight up debate so you guys have nothing left to but to PM the mods and try to beat me that way. In other words..........

THE TRUTH GETS REPORTED,

Anyways it doesa not matter Dr. Strange wins this is a curbstomp, if you don't like it do something to help Thanos. smile

Endless Mike
You're the one who is constantly being proven wrong, you just refuse to acknowledge it. And if the reports were not legitimate, then the moderators would not act on them.

You're a fanboy troll, and you refuse to accept evidence when it is presented against you. You refuse to back down when your arguments are debunked. You refuse to ever concede a point, and you are a major hypocrite.

Phenomenol
Dr. Strange in a curbstomp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endless Mike
Unsupported assertion.

Phenomenol
The answer is obvious; it's Dr. Strange!!!!!

Endless Mike
Repetition of unsupported assertion

Phenomenol
Dr. Strange FTW.

Endless Mike
Further repitition of unsupported assertion

kevdude
you guys fight in every thread Happy Dance

Endless Mike
Originally posted by kevdude
you guys fight in every thread Happy Dance

Because he's a fanboy troll who never listens to reason or logic.

long pig
There's a guy who is so powerful he disturbs the multiverse and a guy who is basically a brick with powerful blasts...

One of these things is not like the other, not like the other....

Get where I'm going with this?

Phenomenol
There's a guy who is so powerful he disturbs the multiverse and a guy who is basically a brick with powerful blasts...

One of these things is not like the other, not like the other....

Get where I'm going with this?

Thank God you have Common Sense.

Strange in a curbstomp. thumb up

Crimson King
Thank God you have Common Sense.

Strange gets curbstomped. thumb up

I agree

quanchi112
Cause I prove the many members wrong likie Dr. Strange pwning Thanos. Then the members who get proven wrong can't beat me in a straight up debate so you guys have nothing left to but to PM the mods and try to beat me that way. In other words..........

THE TRUTH GETS REPORTED,

Anyways it doesa not matter Dr. Strange wins this is a curbstomp, if you don't like it do something to help Thanos. smile u have no evidence and overrate dr strange to laughable levels. i mean come on. look at both characters feats with regards to prep and no prep. thanos wins out in both regards. evidence always holds sway in any debate. thans wins.

Phenomenol
u have no evidence and overrate dr strange to laughable levels. i mean come on. look at both characters feats with regards to prep and no prep. thanos wins out in both regards. evidence always holds sway in any debate. thans wins.

Then posts your evidence of why Thanos wins. Hell, All I have to do is start naming off names, beings that Strange ACTUALLY fought and it is over.

quanchi112
Then posts your evidence of why Thanos wins. Hell, All I have to do is start naming off names, beings that Strange ACTUALLY fought and it is over. thanos hung in there with tyrant a being who was about to kill galactus until morg showed up with the un.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Tyrant-34.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferv3108p21.jpg

Phenomenol
I love your mis-matched scans.

Thanos was AUGMENTED using Morg's orb.....AGAIN with the prep time. The Funny thing is despite the prep time Thanos was still getting trashed.

Dr. Strange has went head up with the Inbetweener, Zom, and Shuma Gorath. Interdimensional beings that would give any cosmic a run for their money.

long pig
thanos hung in there with tyrant a being who was about to kill galactus until morg showed up with the un.

I see your tyrant and raise you Shuma G.

Checkmate.

Shuma was so powerful, the only two beings to ever beat it was Strange....and "God" (Gen).
Do I REALLY need to list every single way Strange wins this? I will...hell, to be honest, I'm aching to.

And, to even be more completely honest, Strange HIMSELF has done worse to Galactus than what Tyrant just did....and without a power-up or tech.

Phenomenol

Checkmate.

Shuma was so powerful, the only two beings to ever beat it was Strange....and "God" (Gen).
Do I REALLY need to list every single way Strange wins this? I will...hell, to be honest, I'm aching to.

Thank you that is what I said please list the ways strange wins this!!!!

I a mtired and alone and I am getting jumped by Thanos fans put this thread to rest please.

quanchi112

Checkmate.

And, to even be more completely honest, Strange HIMSELF has done worse to Galactus than what Tyrant just did....and without a power-up or tech. when did tyrant use powerup or tech. galactus used tech on him and tyrant simply reversed it. u overrate strange as well. but ill indulge you and argue with u for now.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/ThanosQuest1-29.jpg

here is thanos just outsmarting some fool with the old power gem.

quanchi112
Thank you that is what I said please list the ways strange wins this!!!!

I a mtired and alone and I am getting jumped by Thanos fans put this thread to rest please. id like to see you post some dr strange evidence now please.

long pig
Fine, here's a teeny list.

1. Banishment. Thanos can't teleport out of dimensions. Doom even asked Strange to get rid of him that way. Strange refused.

2. Power steal. Strange has shown many times the ability to steal an infinite amount of power from anyone. He's stolen power from beings like Shuma, the Unipower and even Eternity.

3. Mental whammy. He took Galactus out with it, Thanos is no Galactus.

4. Time stop. He's unmatched in time control. I defy anyone to find a character in Marvel or D.C, within reason, who is better.

5. Soul steal. He doesn't even need the gem to do it.

6. Pull him apart with TK. If Strange can lift a moon off its axis and rip it apart, he can rip Thanos apart.

7. Power Negation. He's pretty much shut people's powers off before who dwarf Thanos. The last time he did it he only shut off Surfer's power. Still good, though.

8. Transmutation. Sure, Thanos has molecular control, but who do you think will falter first, the guy who has to force each one of his molecules back into its proper place after being turned into jelly or the guy who only has to say "Body to jelly"? He did this to Dormammu, the only difference is Thanos won't be able to fight back while being turned into a smoothie.

9. Use the eye to disintegrate him. Agg' said nothing, not even he, can survive a full on blast from it (and he ****ing made it).

10. Call for help. The Vishanti will step in if Strange is in true mortal danger.
That's a very smalllllllllllllllllllll list of the millions of ways he can stomp some curbs.

quanchi112

1. Banishment. Thanos can't teleport out of dimensions. Doom even asked Strange to get rid of him that way. Strange refused.

2. Power steal. Strange has shown many times the ability to steal an infinite amount of power from anyone. He's stolen power from beings like Shuma, the Unipower and even Eternity.

4. Time stop. He's unmatched in time control. I defy anyone to find a character in Marvel or D.C, within reason, who is better.

6. Pull him apart with TK. If Strange can lift a moon off its axis and rip it apart, he can rip Thanos apart.

7. Power Negation. He's pretty much shut people's powers off before who dwarf Thanos. The last time he did it he only shut off Surfer's power. Still good, though.

8. Transmutation. Sure, Thanos has molecular control, but who do you think will falter first, the guy who has to force each one of his molecules back into its proper place after being turned into jelly or the guy who only has to say "Body to jelly"? He did this to Dormammu, the only difference is Thanos won't be able to fight back while being turned into a smoothie.

9. Use the eye to disintegrate him. Agg' said nothing, not even he, can survive a full on blast from it (and he ****ing made it).

That's a very smalllllllllllllllllllll list of the millions of ways he can stomp some curbs. 1 when did dr strange refuse to banish thanos to another dimension, what story?
2pwer steal why didnt he steal thanos powers when he basically usurped eternity. thanos would be prepared for this by strange. he had a freaking gun lying around that pwned thor with power gem.
3when did he take gaalctus out with it, im dying to know? something sounds fishy.
4kronos is better with time stop.
5hes not stealing thanos soul. hes no adam warlock with the soul gem and even adam didnt do that to thanos.
6u give him to much credit. he isnt ripping thanos apart his shileds would protect him. if the protected him form a galactus blast they can protect him from this.
7thanos would have some kind of power supply outside stranges no how. surfer isnt thanos and doesnt plan ahead like the mad titan.
8thanos could teleport out of the way of this.
9thanos gets out his thor power gem gun and pawns dr strange before he can pull t his off.

again u give strange to much credit against the king of prep.

thanos pawned the grand master at his own game.

Phenomenol

10. Call for help. The Vishanti will step in if Strange is in true mortal danger.
That's a very smalllllllllllllllllllll list of the millions of ways he can stomp some curbs.

Let me add a few things Strange has auto shields on and would take the majority!

Thanos has been TURNED to stone before by Adam Warlock so he is not immune to transmutation (IIRC).

Strange has faced the Inbetweener, Shuma Gorath, Death, Moondragon with the mind GEM!!!!! He @#$%ed on her!!!!

This match is over. Can I go play now mommy?

TricksterPriest

1 when did dr strange refuse to banish thanos to another dimension, what story?
2pwer steal why didnt he steal thanos powers when he basically usurped eternity. thanos would be prepared for this by strange. he had a freaking gun lying around that pwned thor with power gem.
3when did he take gaalctus out with it, im dying to know? something sounds fishy.
4kronos is better with time stop.
5hes not stealing thanos soul. hes no adam warlock with the soul gem and even adam didnt do that to thanos.
6u give him to much credit. he isnt ripping thanos apart his shileds would protect him. if the protected him form a galactus blast they can protect him from this.
7thanos would have some kind of power supply outside stranges no how. surfer isnt thanos and doesnt plan ahead like the mad titan.
8thanos could teleport out of the way of this.
9thanos gets out his thor power gem gun and pawns dr strange before he can pull t his off.

again u give strange to much credit against the king of prep.

thanos pawned the grand master at his own game.

Oh, how do I count the ways in which LP pwned your ass? stick out tongue thumb up Much appreciated LP. big grin

Let's go over LP's points.

1. Thanos might be able to get out. But there are places Strange could drop him that would effectively dispose of him. And this is the DCU, so it would be even harder for Thanos.

2. ..............If you think a mesley gun that beat Thor with the power gem is gonna do jack shit to Strange, you are tripping, motha****a. laughing

3. Odds are good Strange would take this battle.

4. You have to go into abstract and a few select guys to be able to find someone better. Only Hourman with the 'gog, Classic Ion and a few others exceed him. And Kronos isn't better.

5. He's stolen souls from bigger fish than Thanos. and Thanos is not a sorcerer.

6. Strange's TK on his own might not be enough, but even if it isn't, the eye of Agamotto gives him a major boost.

7. .........This point is stupid to even need a rebuttal. thumb down I've seen him do that to guys like Thor, Nightmare (the abstract. LP, isn't that what happened?) and others.

8. ...........It's magic dude. durno It doesn't work that way. and Thanos won't get the chance to teleport since Strange has pre-cog.

9. Strange brings out one of his godly artifacts and turns Thanos into a 'Made in China' plushie. doped Difference between Strange and Thanos is, Strange is ludicrous with prep. Thanos doesn't even begin to approach the utter insanity of Strange with prep. Strange can destroy the universe with prep. Strange can take over dimensions with prep. Strange mindraped an entire dimension and then sealed it away for all time, WITH NO PREP.

10. "gain u give strange to much credit against the king of prep."

WRONG! Thanos is not the king of prep. He's facing him right now. cool Dr. Strange is the grandmaster of prep.

And Grandmaster is a joke. stick out tongue What Thanos did to him, many others could too. You're making it sound like Grandmaster is some kind of evil mastermind, when in reality, he's one of the Elder of the Universe, some of the worst jobbers in the cosmic set. haermm

quanchi112
Let me add a few things Strange has auto shields on and would take the majority!

Thanos has been TURNED to stone before by Adam Warlock so he is not immune to transmutation (IIRC).

Strange has faced the Inbetweener, Shuma Gorath, Death, Moondragon with the mind GEM!!!!! He @#$%ed on her!!!!

This match is over. Can I go play now mommy? moondragon you act this is some feat that should make me afraid. i alugh at this feat. who cares if strange beat shuma gorath, becuz strange now is struggling to figure out a way to stop ww hulk. see the difference between then and now. thanos put down the beyonderslash the maker who is powerful indeed.

quanchi112
ur saying the god of time isnt as good as dr strange is at time.

ur funny you.

to say dr starnage is the matser of prep is just a joke. i mean he couldnt hold thanos jockstrap in this department. with prep thanos becomes a universal and multiversal threat. hell even thanos clones threaten all reality from time to time. i mean the dude created a being twice as powerful as galactus. but dr strange cant figure out a way to defeat ww hulk.

ur examples also make me laugh as thanos has defeated eternity with prep and defeated and became god with prep. cant get any better with that. but strange seals people away for all time.

laughing

Alfheim

And Grandmaster is a joke. stick out tongue What Thanos did to him, many others could too. You're making it sound like Grandmaster is some kind of evil mastermind, when in reality, he's one of the Elder of the Universe, some of the worst jobbers in the cosmic set. haermm

Er excuse me jobbers mean that they shouldnt lose. Like Apoc ducking from a table. miffed:

I cant remember what happened to GM but Runner could have killed him easily even without the gem.

Phenomenol
moondragon you act this is some feat that should make me afraid. i alugh at this feat. who cares if strange beat shuma gorath, becuz strange now is struggling to figure out a way to stop ww hulk. see the difference between then and now. thanos put down the beyonderslash the maker who is powerful indeed.

I said Moondragon with the MIND GEM! Strange mind blasted her despite having the mind gem.

Shuma Gorath would waste Thanos and any of his weak rogues just by looking at him. Thanos would get his ass kicked by WWHulk, Thanos got his ass killed by Drax in a very crappy way. Thanos didn't beat the maker she wasn't even trying to fight Thanos.

Strange >>>>>>>>>>>>>The Flu>>>>Thanos.

Bouboumaster
I would give it to strange, but I read WITH 2 DAYS PREP.

Strange is good. Thanos conqueer MU 3 times. And he have outsmart even the most brilliant. Without prep, Strange have a shot. But at the moment that prep is involve, Thanos got it.

quanchi112
I said Moondragon with the MIND GEM! Strange mind blasted her despite having the mind gem.

Shuma Gorath would waste Thanos and any of his weak rogues just by looking at him. Thanos would get his ass kicked by WWHulk, Thanos got his ass killed by Drax in a very crappy way. Thanos didn't beat the maker she wasn't even trying to fight Thanos.

Strange >>>>>>>>>>>>>The Flu>>>>Thanos. thanos would waste ww hulk. i mean come on. thanos doesnt even worry about earthly threats like this. hes got bigger fish to fry. shuma gorath if thanos set his sights on beating him he would get beat, that simple.

Phenomenol
thanos would waste ww hulk. i mean come on. thanos doesnt even worry about earthly threats like this. hes got bigger fish to fry. shuma gorath if thanos set his sights on beating him he would get beat, that simple.

Thanos would get his monkey @#$ beat by WWH. Thanos HID from Lunatic! thumb down

Thanos has never faced a being of Shuma Gorath's calibur, your assuming.

TricksterPriest
thanos would waste ww hulk. i mean come on. thanos doesnt even worry about earthly threats like this. hes got bigger fish to fry. shuma gorath if thanos set his sights on beating him he would get beat, that simple.

Listen tard, without the IG or the HOTU, Thanos could never beat Shuma-Gorath. Shuma is the leader of the lords of chaos, and maybe the most powerful of the elder gods. He's abstract level in his own dimension. Hell, half of Dr. Strange's artifacts are designed JUST TO KEEP HIM LOCKED UP.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I would give it to strange, but I read WITH 2 DAYS PREP.

Strange is good. Thanos conqueer MU 3 times. And he have outsmart even the most brilliant. Without prep, Strange have a shot. But at the moment that prep is involve, Thanos got it.

This is a prime feat. Strange actually fixes, fine tunes and rebuilds every planet in our universe to it's former glory, all at once, with a single spell.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4320/mightsu2.th.jpg

This is why you don't give Strange prep time. stick out tongue

Sundipped
thanos hung in there with tyrant a being who was about to kill galactus until morg showed up with the un.

Come on quanchi, why post scans of Tyrant who Thanos has no business whatsoever challenging even with a power-up? Thanos said he woulda died if he continued.

quanchi112
Thanos would get his monkey @#$ beat by WWH. Thanos HID from Lunatic! thumb down

Thanos has never faced a being of Shuma Gorath's calibur, your assuming. he defeated lt, he defeated all the abstracts at once. could shuma defeat all the abstracts at once? could shuma even defeat galactus?

quanchi112
Come on quanchi, why post scans of Tyrant who Thanos has no business whatsoever challenging even with a power-up? Thanos said he woulda died if he continued. he would have died yes but he didnt have a powerup he used it as a weapon. anyways strange wouldnt last 30 seconds against tyrant that is why i posted it.

quanchi112
Listen tard, without the IG or the HOTU, Thanos could never beat Shuma-Gorath. Shuma is the leader of the lords of chaos, and maybe the most powerful of the elder gods. He's abstract level in his own dimension. Hell, half of Dr. Strange's artifacts are designed JUST TO KEEP HIM LOCKED UP.

This is why you don't give Strange prep time. stick out tongue shuma is the leader? laughing thanos defeated lord chaos and master order. they would shit on shumas face. ohhhhhh in hiw onw dimension. look how powerful mephisto is in his own dimension but got pawned twice by galactus and adam warlock with the soul gem. its funny thanos isnt allowed to get his powerups but strange is allowed all these artifacts to keep shuma sealed away. double standard have we?

laughing

Sundipped
he would have died yes but he didnt have a powerup he used it as a weapon. anyways strange wouldnt last 30 seconds against tyrant that is why i posted it.

That was a power-up and a weapon. U know he used it to emit blasts against Tyrant. With all of Stranges abilities how can he not last 30 seconds? I don't see Strange engaging in any h2h with Tyrant like Thanos tried to do.

leonheartmm
thanos without infinity gauntlett/heart of the universe/artifact is around a level a little less than a week skyfather.

on the other hand dr strange has defeated shuma gorath/cyttorak/mephisto/dormammu etc

not to mention

defeated the inbetweener twice,
defeated DEATH twice
showed more power than zom
actually stood up against the living tribunal

strange wins this no sweat.

quanchi112
That was a power-up and a weapon. U know he used it to emit blasts against Tyrant. With all of Stranges abilities how can he not last 30 seconds? I don't see Strange engaging in any h2h with Tyrant like Thanos tried to do. thanos could have really amped himself up if he wanted tyrant dead. that wasnt a powerup i dont care what u say its all speculation so lets not even argue about this. instead he went in there seeking a challenge and stole from tyrant and got what he came there for a challenge from someone who can solo galactus. impressive oh yes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonheartmm
thanos without infinity gauntlett/heart of the universe/artifact is around a level a little less than a week skyfather.

on the other hand dr strange has defeated shuma gorath/cyttorak/mephisto/dormammu etc

not to mention

defeated DEATH twice

strange wins this no sweat. i have to leave now and ill deal with this post later.

evil face

TricksterPriest
suma is the leader? laughing thanos defeated lord chaos and master order. they would shit on shumas face. ohhhhhh in hiw onw dimension. look how powerful mephisto is in his own dimension but got pawned twice by galactus and adam warlock with the soul gem. its funny thanos isnt allowed to get his powerups but strange is allowed all these artifacts to keep shuma sealed away. double standard have we?

laughing

Even Galactus would be very hard-pressed to beat Shuma in his own dimension. And Mephisto isn't dumb enough to challenge Shuma period. Lord Chaos and Master Order would lose too.

And it's not a double standard. The IG and HOTU are items that Thanos got via prep time and are external powerups. Strange's artifacts are his and always available to him. So no, it's not a double standard. He's just that damn good. dopedfu

Just because you can't get to the only two items that would give Thanos the win in a prep match doesn't make it unfair. The DCU has opportunities for both of them to get powers and abilities. It's just that Strange is much better at it than Thanos and he would as Soljer put it, '

Two days prep time? Strange gets every magic entity in DC eating out of his palm.

stick out tongue.

Nuff said. big grin

leonheartmm
i forgot to mention that strange also resisted the infinity gauntlett for a few minutes.

Sundipped
thanos could have really amped himself up if he wanted tyrant dead. that wasnt a powerup i dont care what u say its all speculation so lets not even argue about this. instead he went in there seeking a challenge and stole from tyrant and got what he came there for a challenge from someone who can solo galactus. impressive oh yes.

rolling on floor laughing Could have amped himself up against some 1 who he admitted can kill him? Very funny. No speculation, Thanos holds the orb, energy comes out and hits Tyrant. All of which can be seen. Why steal something and use it in battle if it is not that significant? Strange wins.

Phenomenol
he defeated lt, he defeated all the abstracts at once. could shuma defeat all the abstracts at once? could shuma even defeat galactus?

Thanos was using the IG to do that. He never did that under his own po0wer his ENTIRE career is based on prep and tech nothing more.

Shuma could hold his own against abstracts and Shuma Gorath would DEFINITELY go to work on Galactus.

Mr Master
This is why you don't give Strange prep time.

That feat that was posted of Strange rebuilding every Planet in the Universe,

is an exaggeration.

Only the Earth, and the Planets within that other pocket dimension were fixed.

Mr Master
i forgot to mention that strange also resisted the infinity gauntlett for a few minutes.

This fallacious claim is still wandering the forum?

The Truth:

Strange got stomped by Warlock and the Power Gem alone.

is around a level a little less than a week skyfather.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin, and never backed down, never stayed down, never lost.

Odin even pulled out his trident ... still Thanos came back and was ready for more.

Strange never defeated Cyttorak.

In fact, Strange was basically powerless in Cyttorak's Universe:

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9123/mbodisunibx4.th.jpg

defeated DEATH twice

On all three claims = laughing

loleyes

This is funnier than Strange resisting the IG.

strange wins this no sweat.

Strange is being hyped up ridiculously up in here.

Galan007

Who wins this battle of the odd man out? big grin Strange ftw.

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
Strange ftw.
Screw that. stick out tongue

THANOS!

Priest
This fallacious claim is still wandering the forum?

edit

Phenomenol
Thanos went toe to toe with Odin, and never backed down, never stayed down, never lost.

Odin even pulled out his trident ... still Thanos came back and was ready for more.]

Thanos never lost because the fight was STOPPED. If it continued he would have died. Thanos was getting trashed.

Dr. Strange >>>>The Flu>>>>Thanos.

Mr Master
Thanos never lost because the fight was STOPPED.

Speculation.

If it continued he would have died.

More speculation.

Thanos was getting trashed.

Well this isn't exactly true now is it?

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5711/warlock2521fd5.th.jpg

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/1336/warlock2523hu8.th.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3360/warlock2524lo8.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7144/warlock2526gj7.th.jpg

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/3452/warlock2527te8.th.jpg