What happened to the vs Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Problem
Ok, I've been absent from the boards for a month or so, and I come back to see the vs forum has gone to hell. Skimmed through there and thought I mistakenly stumbled into the CBR rumble forum. Whats going on?

Harry Fingerman
Jesus...

Didnt happen!

ZomG he tota11y fell 4 it! lol

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Jesus...

Didnt happen!

ZomG he tota11y fell 4 it! lol Jesus didn't happen?

The Problem
Uhh, can someone explain why Digi is no longer the mod for the vs Forum? Who the hell are Captain Rex and Pr1234 or whatever?

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
Jesus didn't happen? 2 teh v s forum... :rolleye:

el oh el

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by The Problem
Uhh, can someone explain why Digi is no longer the mod for the vs Forum? Who the hell are Captain Rex and Pr1234 or whatever? Digi was shot in a drive-by in his home town.

Captain Rex is a global that's been told to oversee the forum, and Pr is some ******* who thinks he knows how to run this joint.

SnazzySmurph
2 teh v s forum... :rolleye:

el oh el i taut dat Raz wus Jesus in disguys!

Harry Fingerman
i taut dat Raz wus Jesus in disguys! Raz nvr happened 2 teh vs forum.
it str8 str they're.

Jebus no liek streat ;lol:

The Problem
Digi was shot in a drive-by in his home town.

Captain Rex is a global that's been told to oversee the forum, and Pr is some ******* who thinks he knows how to run this joint.

Real talk, or are you being your normal overly sarcastic self?

Oh, so hows everyone been taking it, primarily the vets?

SnazzySmurph
Real talk, or are you being your normal overly sarcastic self?

Oh, so hows everyone been taking it, primarily the vets? Serious, he's luckily got a labtop so he can continue some duties at his bedside, but nothing stressful. Luckily, no major arteries were hit.

People who live near him were talking about flowers, iirc. Other then that, not much.

The Problem
Serious, he's luckily got a labtop so he can continue some duties at his bedside, but nothing stressful. Luckily, no major arteries were hit.

People who live near him were talking about flowers, iirc. Other then that, not much.

Well thats ironic, and extremely unfortunate. sad

I was more so talking about their reaction to the forum changes.

SnazzySmurph
Well thats ironic, and extremely unfortunate. sad

I was more so talking about their reaction to the forum changes. Yup.

Also, he discovered a seven tumors. And the mafia is after him. Not to mention that guy that ran over him. The damage to the car was pretty hefty.

Rumor has it, I'm up for modship when he passes.

What forum changes?

spidey-dude
Yup.

Also, he discovered a seven tumors. And the mafia is after him. Not to mention that guy that ran over him. The damage to the car was pretty hefty.

What forum changes? big ass changes since theyve changed mods in the vs forums. i like it actually big grin

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by spidey-dude
big ass changes since theyve changed mods in the vs forums. i like it actually big grin Eh?

When did dis happen?

spidey-dude
Eh?

When did dis happen? been happening

The Problem
Yup.

What forum changes?

You Juiced me. You really had me going, it's good though.

Looks like Illedealph or whatever was upset about some of the behavior displayed by the vets of the board. I was wondering how they were taking the change of the rules and modship.

The Problem
big ass changes since theyve changed mods in the vs forums. i like it actually big grin

Actually, in my opinion the changes are awful.

Harry Fingerman
You Juiced me. That's what a lot of guys have said, after employing his services... ermm

spidey-dude
Actually, in my opinion the changes are awful. the new mods arent as strict as the ones before. you can make just about any thread you want and it stays open most of the time

The Problem
the new mods arent as strict as the ones before. you can make just about any thread you want and it stays open most of the time

You answered my questions. The vs forum has gone to hell. The days of KMC being the best forums on the net in terms of debate are over.

SnazzySmurph
You Juiced me. You really had me going, it's good though.

Looks like Illedealph or whatever was upset about some of the behavior displayed by the vets of the board. I was wondering how they were taking the change of the rules and modship. Some like it, for the variety. Others don't, for the chaos... I have mixed feelings.

Tee hee... juiced.

spidey-dude
You answered my questions. The vs forum has gone to hell. The days of KMC being the best forums on the net in terms of debate are over. dont tell me you think CBR is better ?

SnazzySmurph
You answered my questions. The vs forum has gone to hell. The days of KMC being the best forums on the net in terms of debate are over. Not really.

We're still the same debaters that we used to be, but now we talk about more stuff...

Harry Fingerman
Not really.

We're still the same debaters that we used to be, but now we talk about more stuff... And stuff...

The Problem
dont tell me you think CBR is better ?

From the looks of it the chaos is about the same.

Harry Fingerman
Alzo, dis has bean tota11y dun be4
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t459800.html

spidey-dude
From the looks of it the chaos is about the same. naw i say cbr is the worst forum site ever.

The Problem
naw i say cbr is the worst forum site ever.

We're not far from it. Harry Potter vs Captain America?

spidey-dude
We're not far from it. Harry Potter vs Captain America? HP wins big grin

The Problem
Sora vs Hulk?

Harry Fingerman
Goku vs Hulk?

spidey-dude
fat albert vs cartman ?

Swanky-Tuna
I'm kind of tempted to make a bunch of really weird threads with no interest in their outcomes. Not in defiance but self amusement, and because the option is there now.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm kind of tempted to make a bunch of really weird threads with no interest in their outcomes. Not in defiance but self amusement, and because the option is there now. srug

As long as it has a comic character, it's legal, I believe.

Devil Lance
never mind

Devil Lance
Not really.

We're still the same debaters that we used to be, but now we talk about more stuff...
however it does defeat the purpose of the game and star wars vs forums wink

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Devil Lance
however it does defeat the purpose of the game and star wars vs forums wink Seeing as one character HAS to be comic... no, it does not.

Besides, this forum is 10x what those are. erm

Battlehammer
I ate it.................yup that about says it all.

Kazenji
They should really stop the movie characters and game character and "only allow them" if they have been in a comic

Artemis1860
The Vs. forum.... there's a reason I don't go over there anymore... all it has become is bull**** in a bag.
Anyone got a match?

Seriously though, it's messed up.

shksprtx
The only reason I joined KMC in the first place was because the Versus forum was a good place to learn about comic characters and their relative strengtths...

On the other hand, I could give a flying F@#$ about DBZ, and pretty much every other manga/jagoff/non-comic debate with the exception of a few minor MK and SFII characters...

What I'm saying is, F@#$ you Digi for abandoning the Versus forum to such chaos, and if this S@#$ in that forum keeps up much longer I will mosey my ass on to greener pastures...

As far as I'm concerned, Goku can kiss my ass, no matter how many supper saiyinies he has...

F@#$ing children!

Rorschach
I don't like it. sad

Charlotte DeBel
I was the one who waved the liberalism flag there some time ago, but I can't say that I'm too happy with results. I created some respect threads on comics versions of some videogame characters (K' from KOF, for example) just to provide standartized information for VS threads against comics characters.

And now we get sh*t like Harry Potter vs Captain America...the laziest and stupidest thing imaginable.

SnazzySmurph
I'm allright with it.

Harry Potter vs. Cap is fine, and there's no reason why it's not debateable.

And it beats arguing Wolverine vs. Spider-Man again, and again, and again.

So long as there's one comic character, and the Comic and Respect forums are left only comics, I won't b*tch about it.

xmarksthespot
I'm alright with it.

Harry Potter vs. Cap is fine, and there's no reason why it's not debateable.

And it beats arguing Wolverine vs. Spider-Man again, and again, and again.

So long as there's one comic character, and the Comic and Respect forums are left only comics, I won't b*tch about it. Cosign... with the addendum of wishing that DBZ and Star Wars were exempt from the new rules...

Charlotte DeBel
There's a couple of "mudblood" Respect Threads around (but at least based on comics versions of characters) though Rayabusa one included videos and not scans...

And HP vs CA was just too humorous but at least brought up one valid point- spells in HPverse are TOO easy to dodge. Especially for peak human.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by shksprtx
What I'm saying is, F@#$ you Digi

...mature.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fortunately, I'm in a decent mood today so you don't get an official warning. Insulting a mod so directly is a bannable offense, so I'd watch yourself and try to act a bit more respectful.

Also, the forum is what you make of it. Don't like DBZ? Don't debate in those threads. It's simple really, and there's plenty of everything to go around. Hating the changes just means that you're insensitive to the interests of others and only want things your way (childish, at best), since there's obviously interest in a lot of the new stuff that's being allowed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.