Versus Forum Rules ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
I'd like this thread to be a place where we can have a nice little discussion..... before rising up and tearing our moderators heads off and mounting them upon poles for raping the Versus Forum !!!! mad (Just Kidding wink )

Seriously however while I do understand our mods attempts at 'revitalising the forum, I do think a slight revision is in Order...

1. Drop the anime - There was a reason Digi didn't allow it in, simple answer. Too much arguing over different power levels , unlike DC-Marvel (which mesh relatively well bar a few thigns) each Anime is it's own self-contained universe and the power levels vary to a stupid level.* Plus allowing Anime let's them bring in DBZ, do we REALLY want the anime-tards in here with The Judge ? I don't think so .

2. Be more selective on the video games - Do we REALLY need people attempting to justify Mario beating Cap ? No. IMO it should only be semi-realistic games (God of War , Resident evil ect).

3. Drop 'em - Better yet , get rid of video games . They have a versus Forum for a reason.

Now I'd like everyone else's opinions please.

(BTW: I have infringed upon no rules, thus if this thread DOES get closed, I would like a Mod to make a post explaining why at the end. Too many times have threads been closed with no explanation , leaving people oft confused as to why)

* don't think so ? Go check out the Anything versus Anime forum , there is more arguing/bashing/insulting in there then you could shake a ban-stick at....

Validus
Hate it. I see the need to revitalize the VS forum but this isn't going to do it. If anything I bet its going to drive away the more seasoned and respected guys and replace them with Xmeats.

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Hate it. I see the need to revitalize the VS forum but this isn't going to do it. If anything I bet its going to drive away the more seasoned and respected guys and replace them with Xmeats.
Indeed.

I have a source (whom I shan't name for decency sakes) who has similar feelings.

SnazzySmurph
This is the third thread of its kind, and the others were closed. no expression

Badabing
I think the mods you have opened it to only one genre. The Hary Potter is too much....

xmarksthespot
I think these threads keep getting closed because at some point someone is bound to post an unwarranted attack/insult towards Digi, ill or pr...

The rules have been modified, they will likely be tweaked further, and as with all change will need some adjusting to. I'm pretty sure the mods are open to suggestions from everyone about how to make the forums better via pm - so I really don't think another one of these threads - which will indubitably be full of people posting one-line complaints - is that necessary.

Validus
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
This is the third thread of its kind, and the others were closed. no expression Third time is the charm.

SnazzySmurph
And if you don't like DBZ, or Harry Potter, or whatever, don't go in the threads.

The beauty of it now, is that there's a whole slew of genres you can talk about, so long as there are comic characters in them, and this beats the stale matches of yore.

Anyways, I'm tired of the b*tching.

Soljer
Indeed. Ill, digi, and pr are doing their best. I could definitely see this helping the versus forum, so long as Ill and pr are very strict on the threads that are made - not to mention the flaming and bashing that may come of them.

I, too, fear that this could send the comic versus into a spiral, degrading it to the point of the anime or video game versus forums, but it won't NECESSARILY happen. All we can do right now is cross our fingers, hope for the best, and see how it goes.

However, the best thing YOU can do, is not to make this outcry public - it's to use these new rules in the way they SHOULD be used.

Go make some versus threads with characters from video games/anime/movies/books that you think are fair and balanced. Go set a good example. Show us the pros to the new rules, and let the mods worry about closing/deleting/banning the cons.

This could work out, or it could be a shit storm. However, only time will tell. Assuming we can keep the older, respected, mature, reasonable members, and (hopefully) limit the influx of new ignorant ones....this could work out for the better.

erm.

Keyword - could.

erm.

Validus
Legit complaints =/= bitching

Badabing
And if you don't like DBZ, or Harry Potter, or whatever, don't go in the threads.

The beauty of it now, is that there's a whole slew of genres you can talk about, so long as there are comic characters in them, and this beats the stale matches of yore.

Anyways, I'm tired of the b*tching. Maybe you should follow your own advice. big grin

Apolloknight
I personally don't mind the new mix to things. I however do think we need some type of system. For example, maybe the mods could open up a thread and have us vote of which characters or genre to invite into the verse forum. For example, they would list maybe like 10 different people, genre, etc, and whoever gets the three highest votes at the end of the day officially gets added, and maybe they could then modify the rules thread to show us who is officially allowed. We could do this, like once a week/month maybe?

Just a thought.

xmarksthespot

Anyways, I'm tired of the b*tching. That's really what it comes down to. I find DBZ vapid and poorly animated, and could never watch more than a few minutes of it - those minutes almost always consisting of someone standing, yelling and glowing - so I avoid the threads...

(Yes that post was blatantly just an excuse to call DBZ vapid and poorly animated.)

Soljer
Originally posted by Apolloknight
I personally don't mind the new mix to things. I however do think we need some type of system. For example, maybe the mods could open up a thread and have us vote of which characters or genre to invite into the verse forum. For example, they would list maybe like 10 different people, genre, etc, and whoever gets the three highest votes at the end of the day officially gets added, and maybe they could then modify the rules thread to show us who is officially allowed. We could do this, like once a week/month maybe?

Just a thought.

Too hard. There are HUNDREDS of Action Films that should be perfectly admissible - dozens of Martial Arts movies alone that could easily mesh with the street levellers.

All of those should be no problem.

There are plenty of novel characters that mesh well with comics. No problem.

The problem comes, mainly, with Anime and Video game characters. Anime has HUGE power discrepancies and a VERY adamant/stubborn fanbase. Video games? Well - it's hard to debate off of game mechanics, and many video games have little else to go off of.

Just because your character has to be shot point blank fifteen times to die doesn't mean that that character should ACTUALLY be able to survive a single bullet.

Then, you have people arguing that since a good Counter Strike player can knife an entire room of armed opponents, that should be an admissible 'feat' even though its ENTIRELY based off of who is controlling said character.

erm.

Muy dificil.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Soljer

Then, you have people arguing that since a good Counter Strike player can knife an entire room of armed opponents, that should be an admissible 'feat' even though its ENTIRELY based off of who is controlling said character.

But......but.......but..........they can!!!!!!! laughing

Just as easily as a Halo player could walk into a room and take out entire teams with the Butt end of their guns.

Soljer
I WOULD like to also request that this stays open, however.

So long as it doesn't degenerate into pointless bitching and/or bashing. It'd be nice to have a place to try to work out the kinks (reconciling game mechanics, for example).

llagrok
I just think we need some more guidelines, perhaps some restrictions. Like, manga only. Most people who read the manga as well as watch the anime are a lot more reasonable than the lolz goku pwns fanboys who watched it on cartoon network.

Validus
I WOULD like to also request that this stays open, however.

So long as it doesn't degenerate into pointless bitching and/or bashing. It'd be nice to have a place to try to work out the kinks (reconciling game mechanics, for example).
There's so many mechanics you have to work through you have to question whether it's worth all the trouble. For comics, its nice and tidy. No PIS/CIS, standard equipment unless specified otherwise. Boom. Done.

Video games are way different especially if you're allowing Youtube videos ( no expression ) as evidence.

Like someone said before, there was a good reason this wasn't allowed before.

Soljer
There's so many mechanics you have to work through you have to question whether it's worth all the trouble. For comics, its nice and tidy. No PIS/CIS, standard equipment unless specified otherwise. Boom. Done.

Video games are way different especially if you're allowing Youtube videos ( no expression ) as evidence.

Like someone said before, there was a good reason this wasn't allowed before.

Agreed. It IS a lot of trouble, no doubt. It's a lot of work - but that's no reason to just throw up your hands and say '**** it.'

If the kinks and mechanics CAN be worked out, this COULD drastically improve the forum.

If they can't - and our fears are realized, it could ruin the forum.

However, if the latter DOES come to pass, I am sure that the moderators are not above changing their mind and putting things back the way they were. What's the harm in trying something new for a little while?

Ohreally?
Us, thats the harm.

Me and Judge intend to go to all our forums and let the anime, Star Wars, Harry Potter, street fighter, mortal kombat fans know about this, they want a forum like this and they will have it.

Not only that but you will get ALL those fans of them topics from this site to come here, the anime section will be told, everyone, you will be over run and me and Judge will sock and troll and create topic after topic. We don't like this rule so we arte gonna make the mods hate it as well. Have fun with the anime fans etc being here.

The comment will be deleted so i am saving it for future use.

Ohreally?
So yes we will ruin the forum, we have slowed down but now we are back in full swing.

Heres my last message:

Us, thats the harm.

Me and Judge intend to go to all our forums and let the anime, Star Wars, Harry Potter, street fighter, mortal kombat fans know about this, they want a forum like this and they will have it.

Not only that but you will get ALL those fans of them topics from this site to come here, the anime section will be told, everyone, you will be over run and me and Judge will sock and troll and create topic after topic. We don't like this rule so we arte gonna make the mods hate it as well. Have fun with the anime fans etc being here.

The comment will be deleted so i am saving it for future use.

Validus
However, if the latter DOES come to pass, I am sure that the moderators are not above changing their mind and putting things back the way they were. What's the harm in trying something new for a little while?
The harm is what I spoke of in the first post. Plus I just don't think it's needed when we already have a Video Game Vs forum.

Ohreally?
The harm is also us and the fanboys. The forum will be ruined and you know it.

pr1983
The harm is what I spoke of in the first post. Plus I just don't think it's needed when we already have a Video Game Vs forum.

There is always the option to change it back, but ill and I aren't at that point yet...

give it a chance... if it goes well, it goes well, if not, it'll be sorted...

Ohreally?
We will make sure it doesn't go well then, just speeding up the process.

Juntai
Decent idea but it opened up like a can of worms.
I'm thinking the all character versus forum like this should be a sub-forum inside the comic book versus forum or something, or the other way around. Or maybe versus forum get a brack on the main menu and the two, ranked in as sub-categories.
The comic book forum is just too important for the long time fans who have shared discussed and debated here. Comics vs debating has a certain precision to it being that it's the same format. Easier to compare and analyse characters.
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads.

Juntai
Oh, and I voted to give Grey Fox a raise, because we can all use one. smile

Ohreally?
Juntai is right.

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
I'm thinking the all character versus forum like this should be a sub-forum inside the comic book versus forum or something, or the other way around. Or maybe versus forum get a brack on the main menu and the two, ranked in as sub-categories.
The comic book forum is just too important for the long time fans who have shared discussed and debated here. Comics vs debating has a certain precision to it being that it's the same format. Easier to compare and analyse characters.
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads.

don't worry dude, the vs forum has in no way become a free for all, we'll still be keeping a close eye on the threads that are opened... if you spot anything that shouldnt be there, report it to me or one of the other mods...

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
There is always the option to change it back, but ill and I aren't at that point yet...

give it a chance... if it goes well, it goes well, if not, it'll be sorted...
So now my question is how far does it have to go before you know it isn't going well?

Faceman
I don't know jack shit on any of these anime characters. So basically I have to ignore all these threads on the front page.I voted with the masses..

pr1983
So now my question is how far does it have to go before you know it isn't going well?

lol, this isnt one of those 'if i can find out how far it has to go, maybe i can make it happen' things is it? stick out tongue

all we're asking is that you give it a chance for now...

Ohreally?
I give it no chance so we will ruin it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Ohreally?
Juntai is right. cool

Ohreally?
As always lol.

Validus
lol, this isnt one of those 'if i can find out how far it has to go, maybe i can make it happen' things is it? stick out tongue
ermmnone

all we're asking is that you give it a chance for now...
That's fine but I do think the current situation of telling us to ignore all threads we don't like (which at the moment is basically all of page 1) is a little alienating. Eventually they'll just start ignoring the forum all together. It's inevitable and I've seen it happen at many a forum that just decided to change it's focus all of a sudden so I'm not just talking out my ass here.

I do like Juntai's idea of a Vs section sub-forum though.

pr1983
ermmnone

That's fine but I do think the current situation of telling us to ignore all threads we don't like (which at the moment is basically all of page 1) is a little alienating. Eventually they'll just start ignoring the forum all together. It's inevitable and I've seen it happen at many a forum that just decided to change it's focus all of a sudden so I'm not just talking out my ass here.

I do like Juntai's idea of a Vs section sub-forum though.

well not to be short, but why not get in there and make the comic matches that you want to make, or post in the ones that you want to post in...

if someone makes a thread that you dont like, why not come up with a thread that you do like?

hint hint frickidy hint...

oh, and btw, im coming up with a GL heavy one that i expect you to participate in mister... stick out tongue

The Pict
Why have the rules been changed? Comic characters belong in the comics versus forum, not comic, games and anime characters.

I don't even recognise half the names on the thread titles now, and that's because I'm not an anime fan. The versus forum is a mess right now.

illadelph12
I want you all to know that I am up for suggestions, and we can create a "charter" that defines what is allowed and what is not, but I am going forward with the desegregation.

I have the forum's best interests at heart, please believe that. Any of you that know me know that I am a fair and logical person. This risk was calculated, and I'll do what it takes on my end to make the transition as painless ans seamless as possible.

With that said, we do need to be open minded gentlemen.

Faceman
Why not just make an anime thread ? Or give them a versus forum. Why should we reap the consequences?

Ohreally?
Thats right, **** you ILL DO WHATS BEST FOR THE COMIC SECTION AND FANS. Not you and the idiots.

The Pict
Originally posted by illadelph12
I want you all to know that I am up for suggestions, and we can create a "charter" that defines what is allowed and what is not, but I am going forward with the desegregation.

I have the forum's best interests at heart, please believe that. Any of you that know me know that I am a fair and logical person. This risk was calculated, and I'll do what it takes on my end to make the transition as painless ans seamless as possible.

With that said, we do need to be open minded gentlemen.

If you have the forum's best interest at heart then change the rules back. The change has cause a lot of negative feelings and caused havoc in the versus forum. I came on to see what comic character versus threads were being discussed and recognised hardly any the names all over the screen.

Keep anime, star wars and games characters to their own forums, seems logical to me erm

Ohreally?
**** yeah.

Then maybe I will leave.

Faceman
Harry Potter vs. Captain America

thumb down

Rewmac
Just look at how much junk is generated there only in last 3 days.

Juntai
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads. To clarify about the precision involved, is a lot of it lies in proof of ability. Not all formats or characters follow the same format. A lot of the debating has to do with credibility, and show and prove style with scans, explanations, etc.

Let's take for example Galactus vs Mario from Smash bros. Let's say Galactus shoots his eye-beams down at Mario. These would level Silver Surfer if they connected, and most other characters. Would Mario simply slap it back with his cape? Since Mario can slap ANY projectile back with his cape? How do you prove it? A youtube video?

And I understand that this can help draw new interest and possibly users from other sections of the site who wouldn't normally come to this section...But the simple truth is, people came to this part of the site to discuss comics, it's been successful because of these comics fans who return day after day, or week to week, depending on the user.

As has already been made clear in this thread, and complaints I see in other threads, is a lack of familiarity with many of the characters, and can cause the main contributors to this section to lose interest. Who will continue to come to the forum that ino longer contains threads that contains two relatable familiar characters?

I believe it's a good idea in theory, and some interesting things might come out of it especially if you're bored with simple comic threads -- I just don't want to have to flip through pages to find the very thing I come to KMC to do, and I feel I'm not alone in this. The only solution I see to those who support both would be the sub-forum idea- which will likely be a popular idea to anyone who reads and considers it. It looks like I've already got a few fans. wink

Ohreally?
Thats right, after the weekend when everyones on including us and our sock frends and the fanboys we contacted just imagine the fun.

The Pict
There are threads being closed in the Game versus and Star Wars versus for containing characters not relative to those forums!

haermm

What a joke.

Juntai
Originally posted by Ohreally?
As always lol. Thank you.

But settle down, bro. Getting aggressive or rude isn't the way to go about it.

willRules
Why is it worth integrating all these different genres and creating such controversy which could have been avoided by making a new vs forum which could have accommodated a massive mixed genres setting? If some like it and some don't why not just create a new forum or sub forum that keeps both sides of the debate happy?

It's now rather difficult in my opinion to even create comic book character vs comic book character threads because it's being overwhelmed with other genres. yes

Ohreally?
Thank you.

But settle down, bro. Getting aggressive or rude isn't the way to go about it. I tried but I got bad mouthes so I gave up. I actually like the new mod just as a sock I must be an ass. sad

xmarksthespot
And I understand that this can help draw new interest and possibly users from other sections of the site who wouldn't normally come to this section...But the simple truth is, people came to this part of the site to discuss comics, it's been successful because of these comics fans who return day after day, or week to week, depending on the user.

As has already been made clear in this thread, and complaints I see in other threads, is a lack of familiarity with many of the characters, and can cause the main contributors to this section to lose interest. Who will continue to come to the forum that ino longer contains threads that contains two relatable familiar characters? The thing is the forum is still stocked with (often times multiple versions of the same) threads of comic characters against each other. They can be bumped, new threads can still be made. Nothing has changed that. Threads that don't draw interest will still sink away.

Rewmac
To clarify about the precision involved, is a lot of it lies in proof of ability. Not all formats or characters follow the same format. A lot of the debating has to do with credibility, and show and prove style with scans, explanations, etc.

Let's take for example Galactus vs Mario from Smash bros. Let's say Galactus shoots his eye-beams down at Mario. These would level Silver Surfer if they connected, and most other characters. Would Mario simply slap it back with his cape? Since Mario can slap ANY projectile back with his cape? How do you prove it? A youtube video?

As has already been made clear in this thread, and complaints I see in other threads, is a lack of familiarity with many of the characters, and can cause the main contributors to this section to lose interest. Who will continue to come to the forum that ino longer contains threads that contains two relatable familiar characters?

I believe it's a good idea in theory, and some interesting things might come out of it especially if you're bored with simple comic threads -- I just don't want to have to flip through pages to find the very thing I come to KMC to do, and I feel I'm not alone in this. The only solution I see to those who support both would be the sub-forum idea- which will likely be a popular idea to anyone who reads and considers it. It looks like I've already got a few fans. wink So freaking true...I like this post it has a lot of sence.

Validus
Originally posted by Faceman
Harry Potter vs. Captain America

thumb down
Beats the hell out of "P.C. Darkseid w/Ace Ventura Personality vs Unicron w/ Huntress powers."

The Pict
Originally posted by willRules
Why is it worth integrating all these different genres and creating such controversy which could have been avoided by making a new vs forum which could have accommodated a massive mixed genres setting? If some like it and some don't why not just create a new forum or sub forum that keeps both sides of the debate happy?

It's now rather difficult in my opinion to even create comic book character vs comic book character threads because it's being overwhelmed with other genres. yes

Agreed

Rewmac
Beats the hell out of "P.C. Darkseid w/Ace Ventura Personality vs Unicron w/ Huntress powers." crylaugh crylaugh Good go...

Harry Fingerman
I just don't like how the actual comic vs comic threads are being overshadowed by Goku vs Superman, Goku vs PC Superman, Gohan vs Superman, etc vs Superman.

And even the newer (if you will), funky, fresh comic vs comic threads (I've seen them), are being driven into the darkness...

Otherwise, I don't have too much of a problem with it.

Faceman

Exactly. If they keep the new rules, this place will be over run by socks...We have enough fights as it is in the vs. forum. Can you imagine how much friction there will be know ?

Ohreally?
Damn right, after the week end me and all the socks are gonna spoam the place up, just the Vs section know, we are on a rampage.

Juntai

It's now rather difficult in my opinion to even create comic book character vs comic book character threads because it's being overwhelmed with other genres. yes Pretty much a reiteration of what I said, but good to see others on the same wavelength.

Blair Wind
If you want to discuss the integration go here (constructively of course) :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t459998.html

The Pict
Originally posted by Blair Wind
If you want to discuss the integration go here (constructively of course) :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t459998.html

Does that thread have a poll allowing us to vote against these stupid new rules?

willRules
Pretty much a reiteration of what I said, but good to see others on the same wavelength.

Yeah, just read your posts. yes

Personally I'm not against the idea of mixing comics with video games and manga and other stuff, I'm just not too happy with it being put in the comic vs forum yes

illadelph12
I've extended an olive branch.

We can work on this together people.

Faceman
Beats the hell out of "P.C. Darkseid w/Ace Ventura Personality vs Unicron w/ Huntress powers."

Or do you like this one better ??

AKira vs Bugs Bunny sick

Harry Fingerman
Oh ya, all of Smurph's new threads are dumb. renske

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Harry Fingerman
Oh ya, all of Smurph's threads are dumb. renske Fixed vin

willRules

That's a cool idea yes

Harry Fingerman
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Fixed vin Youuu dirty rat!
*damn Chip 'n Dale*

That's what it said before I changed it anyway...

Nope16

We can work on this together people. Nope we wont allow it.

illadelph12
Did you guys actually read the stipulations I put in the rules?

Like the fact a comic character of equal ability must be involved in all battles or the thread would be closed?

The Pict

What is there to work on?

Really?

No one has voted in favour of the new rules, surely for the good of the forum the mods should listen to the KMC members and keep the comic versus forums exclusive for comic characters.

The Problem
I personally hate the new rules and see no good in them. As a poster who's been around these boards going on two years and genuinely loves the vs forum, I dont want to see the first few pages filled with Harry Potter vs Superman threads. I dont want the Goku vs Master Chief or the Mario vs Wolverine threads. There was a reason KMC was recognized as one of the best boards for comic discussion and debate and it was because of the organization and civilised discussion. Both of which have been thrown out the window. As a veteran poster of the boards I feel cheated. There is a place for game and Star Wars discussion and the vs forum isnt it.

illadelph12
Everyone isn't complaining though...

Nope16
He is new and thinks he can rule everything, he is doing this for himself, bad decision for him being mod, no wants wants it so stop.

Faceman
Originally posted by The Pict
What is there to work on?

Really?

No one has voted in favour of the new rules, surely for the good of the forum the mods should listen to the KMC members and keep the comic versus forums exclusive for comic characters.

laughing Don't waste your time , it's pointless.

The Pict
Originally posted by The Problem
There was a reason KMC was recognized as one of the best boards for comic discussion and debate and it was because of the organization and civilised discussion. Both of which have been thrown out the window. As a veteran poster of the boards I feel cheated. There is a place for game and Star Wars discussion and the vs forum isnt it.

thumb up

illadelph12
laughing

Ok.

I've been here nearly 3 years...

The Pict
laughing Don't waste your time , it's pointless.

Looks like it. The mods seem to be ignoring the majority here.

Nope16
I mean new as a mod, you care about what you want so **** everbody.

I think we need a new mod.

Validus
Did you guys actually read the stipulations I put in the rules?

Like the fact a comic character of equal ability must be involved in all battles or the thread would be closed?
But the problem is that games and comics mesh about as well as comics and real life. Like Juntai was saying, who's really to say how powerful Super Mario is?

willRules
Everyone isn't complaining though...

The ones who are complaining tend to be pretty much most people who contributed to the comic vs forum prior to the new arrangements yes

Faceman
Looks like it. The mods seem to be ignoring the majority here.

Sad day in KMC. sad

It's starting to feel, like a Totalitarian Government has just taken control...

The Pict
Sad day in KMC. sad

It's starting to feel, like a Totalitarian Government has just taken control...

Yeah, why can't the mods just admit it was a bad idea and change the rules back?

willRules
I think probably one of the biggest issues would be the possibility that the comic vs character threads may get bogged down underneath a sudden influx of new threads full of mixed genres. I haven't got anything against the debates with other genres but I feel that this shouldn't be merged with a forum which deals primarily with comic book characters. Therefore I suggest, perhaps creating a new or sub forum for mixed genres yes

Faceman
Yeah, why can't the mods just admit it was a bad idea and change the rules back?

Because it would look bad, on who's ever dumb idea this was.... no expression

Persons Ego > KMC vs. forum......

Harry Fingerman
I smell the fresh aroma of ban in the morning.

It's like Folger's, except more dark, and bittersweet.

Faceman
I smell the fresh aroma of ban in the morning.

It's like Folger's, except more dark, and bittersweet.

Please elaborate..

pr1983
Because it would look bad, on who's ever dumb idea this was.... no expression

Persons Ego > KMC vs. forum......

That's enough.

if you guys want to debate this, there's a thread for it in the VS forum, use it, but making comments like that about ANY mod won't be tolerated...

The Pict
I think probably one of the biggest issues would be the possibility that the comic vs character threads may get bogged down underneath a sudden influx of new threads full of mixed genres. I haven't got anything against the debates with other genres but I feel that this shouldn't be merged with a forum which deals primarily with comic book characters. Therefore I suggest, perhaps creating a new or sub forum for mixed genres yes

Dude I agree entirely

The Problem
laughing

Ok.

I've been here nearly 3 years...

Does that somehow make my point any less valid?

Faceman
That's enough.

if you guys want to debate this, there's a thread for it in the VS forum, use it, but making comments like that about ANY mod won't be tolerated...

I apologize, I thought it was administrative idea, not a mod idea...

I have nothing but respect for all mods.....

Juntai
Does that somehow make my point any less valid? I believe he was speaking to the guy who said he was new.

Harry Fingerman
Because...
Everyone's insulting the mod/or teh person running teh gun show, instead of actually saying why it's a bad thing.

Insults liek that, don't go anywhere but a ban.

Plus, I think fudge is doing enough insulting/swearing for the entire board.

Validus
Because...
Everyone's insulting the mod/or teh person running teh gun show, instead of actually saying why it's a bad thing.
Everyone isnt 2 people.

Soljer
Guys, calm down the mod bashing. Please. That's just going to get this thread closed, and that's hardly constructive.

Harry Fingerman
Everyone isnt 2 people. It is, when you only read this page.

Rewmac
I think probably one of the biggest issues would be the possibility that the comic vs character threads may get bogged down underneath a sudden influx of new threads full of mixed genres. I haven't got anything against the debates with other genres but I feel that this shouldn't be merged with a forum which deals primarily with comic book characters. Therefore I suggest, perhaps creating a new or sub forum for mixed genres yes That's what I said, or basically something like this.

xmarksthespot
All the while not bothering to bump or post in the 800 pages of comic vs comic threads...

spidey-dude
Guys, calm down the mod bashing. Please. That's just going to get this thread closed, and that's hardly constructive. i thought u like closing others threads ?

The Problem
That's enough.

What you gonna do? Ban because he claimed the mods have big egos?

Validus
It is, when you only read this page.
I guess that makes sense in a 6 page thread.

Harry Fingerman
I guess that makes sense in a 6 page thread. I thought so as well.

Soljer
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i thought u like closing others threads ?

Only your shit-tacular threads. This one is actually constructive.

Juntai
Originally posted by Rewmac
That's what I said, or basically something like this. And both of those were already what I had previously suggested just in different words. But hey, like I said, its about getting everyone on that wavelength to make something happen.
big grin

The Pict
Guys, calm down the mod bashing. Please. That's just going to get this thread closed, and that's hardly constructive.

It's hardly mod bashing. I've personally never had a bad word to say about KMC's moderators, but the new rules are generally viewed as a bad idea yet they fail to see that.

The Problem
This board looks more like CBR everyday.

spidey-dude
Only your shit-tacular threads. This one is actually constructive. the only ones u think are constructive are the lame ass ones you make wich nobody cares for.

What If...
I took a quick stroll down the versus forum list, and found a face full of azn names I couldn't even pronounce, movie characters, the actors themselves, television personalities, anime bullshit and whatever else is polluting the forums.

There were only two 'real' versus threads on the entire page.

kmc sucks.

Nope16
ILL is an idiot for trying it in the first place, well done ILL for ****ing it up.

pr1983
I apologize, I thought it was administrative idea, not a mod idea...

I have nothing but respect for all mods.....

that's quite alright...

spidey-dude
This board looks more like CBR everyday. atleast everyone here is treated equal. well most. on cbr i got kicked off just for telling a guy to go to hell. he said i wasnt supposed to say that to him cause he said hes the king on there. nobody else insults him or nothing. his dad probably made the site or some crap. do you know who im talking about ?

What If...
atleast everyone here is treated equal. well most. on cbr i got kicked off just for telling a guy to go to hell. he said i wasnt supposed to say that to him cause he said hes the king on there. nobody else insults him or nothing. his dad probably made the site or some crap. do you know who im talking about ?

That's the equivalent of getting kicked out of McDonald's....

Nope16
Who is it? Maybe a mod?

spidey-dude
Originally posted by What If...
That's the equivalent of getting kicked out of McDonald's.... naw ive said worse to the cashier at mcdonalds before.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Nope16
Who is it? Maybe a mod? wasnt a mod. he just said hes the king on there and everyone listens to them. even the mods let him by with more crap after the garbage he said he wasnt banned. forgot the losers name

Nope16
Bah all mods and members like him suck.

Ills an idiot.

spidey-dude

Ills an idiot. thats his name ills ?

Nope16
No ills the mod who made the new rule without thinking of everyone else.

Validus
Originally posted by What If...
That's the equivalent of getting kicked out of McDonald's....
laughing out loud

spidey-dude
No ills the mod who made the new rule without thinking of everyone else. they even got on my back for making a poll thread. they said its not aloud so why the hell is the option there to choose if you want to add a pole or not. the person who made the site should have fixed that

Faceman
they even got on my back for making a poll thread. they said its not aloud so why the hell is the option there to choose if you want to add a pole or not. the person who made the site should have fixed that

Don't talk to socks.... laughing

spidey-dude
Don't talk to socks.... laughing i agree

don't shiv
What you gonna do? Ban because he claimed the mods have big egos?

that would be ironic

spidey-dude

Ills an idiot. gordon was the one that banned me i think.

don't shiv
It's hardly mod bashing. I've personally never had a bad word to say about KMC's moderators, but the new rules are generally viewed as a bad idea yet they fail to see that.

co-signed at the risk of losing diplomatic immunity

spidey-dude
Don't talk to socks.... laughing i just signed back on cbr to mess with them so yah im a sock big grin

Sparkz
I think the main problem with all these new topics more than anything else is knowing what is cannon, I mean just look at DBZ people constantly churn out crap after crap when what they are referring to is filler, its like debating Spider-man and using movie feats, same character but different. And if we have to use filler like SSJ4 can we at least ignore the DBZ filler and only use GT?

Same with games people say the master chief is awesome because they completed Halo, can we at least try to use the cut scenes to deter main what these characters do instead of the game player??

Juntai
You want to know who would win between Mr Smithers from Simpsons and Samus from Metroid? Sweet. But don't make me have look through it to find what I'm looking for- comic threads. Originally posted by Juntai
To clarify about the precision involved, is a lot of it lies in proof of ability. Not all formats or characters follow the same format. A lot of the debating has to do with credibility, and show and prove style with scans, explanations, etc.

I believe it's a good idea in theory, and some interesting things might come out of it especially if you're bored with simple comic threads -- I just don't want to have to flip through pages to find the very thing I come to KMC to do, and I feel I'm not alone in this. The only solution I see to those who support both would be the sub-forum idea- which will likely be a popular idea to anyone who reads and considers it. It looks like I've already got a few fans. wink

Rewmac
I'm with Juntai on this one...

Badabing
There should be an "Anything Goes" versus forum.

willRules

Creshosk
Well I encountered an unreasonable fanboy for one of the non-comic sections. Could be a sock though given the registration date and all.

Symmetric Chaos

Rewmac
We nearly have an army 313

Symmetric Chaos
We nearly have an army 313

I prefer the term: LegionOfTerror

Creshosk
4 people is an army? Or a legion?
confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Creshosk
confused

How many is?

Artemis1860
A thousand...

willRules
I'm reminded of Batman begins when Gordan says "But you're just one man" and Batman replies with "Now we're two."

Artemis1860
I'm reminded of Batman begins when Gordan says "But you're just one man" and Batman replies with "Now we're two."

And Gordan has this look on his face of "GAH!!!!!! WTFOMFGBBQ?!?!?!"

okay, just kidding.

on-topic-ness now...

I've said before I don't like the new rules, but I spose I'll keep an open mind, as the mods aren't idiots. I don't know Ill, but I know pr.

Creshosk

willRules
Originally posted by Artemis1860
And Gordan has this look on his face of "GAH!!!!!! WTFOMFGBBQ?!?!?!"

okay, just kidding.

Exactly wink

Symmetric Chaos

willRules
You're short by about 2996 to 5996 men to be a legion.

Meh, give Rew and Juntai five mins and just see what happens..........

Probably nothing.......... embarrasment

Expletive!!!
No it doesn't.

Utrigita

Juntai well formulated as usual. Great posts you wrote there my deepest respect. I can only speak on my own behalf, but you in a very good way managed to put words on my feelings I have about the current situation in the vs Forum. I couldn't have done it so smoothly myself.

thumb up

King Kandy
I think there should be no more cross genre threads, but the ones open right now should stay open.

The Problem
confused

I actually counted 17. Or is that poll at the top of the screen a figament of my imagination?

Martian_mind
Imagination. erm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>