The Punisher 2 Update

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
http://comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/3818.asp
starts shooting in october..i believe this movie is gonna be a flop..anyone else believes so?

ragesRemorse
considering no one liked the first one, and that this one is coming in the wake of the first one fresh in alot of peoples mind. Not to mention it has a new star...i say it has an uphill battle with little reward at the top.

personally i thought the first one was aces, and think jane displayed a superb performance

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The potential for this film is there. People know Ray Stevenson from ROME. All this needs is just a good script and possibly be made under $50 million.

Morridini
But if they had a good script Jane wouldn't have left, thus not a good script.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Morridini

Not sure why Jane left.

batdude123

Jane didn't leave because of the script.

Ray Stevenson is going to be a lame ass Punisher.

Morridini
As mentioned in the "Tom Jane leaves Punisher 2" thread he did leave at least partly because of the bad script.

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32673

Kazenji
And they're planning on putting jigsaw in this second one he's going to be a waste space if the script is bad.

Artemis1860
Ray Stevenson isn't a bad actor, i like some of his past work, but i don't think he'll be a good punisher. it might play out like a bad disney sequel or something. (okay, bad example, but you might get my point.)

Vladimir
jane left because of the script, he tried to make a good movie, and the scripts that have been turned in havent been so good, so he kept fighting for a script that will make a good movie..when the studio decided to go with the script they are going with, jane told them he didnt think it will be a success, and decided to leave..i gurantee this movie is going to be a flop....99% sure

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Vladimir
jane left because of the script, he tried to make a good movie, and the scripts that have been turned in havent been so good, so he kept fighting for a script that will make a good movie..when the studio decided to go with the script they are going with, jane told them he didnt think it will be a success, and decided to leave..i gurantee this movie is going to be a flop....99% sure

There have been many movies that original actors left and then when the movie comes out, it becomes a success. Just because Jane left doesn't really mean their was a bad script. A lot of people thought Jane's Punisher had a very bad script and guess what, it was successful enough in the theater and on DVD to warrant a sequel. I think Ray Stevenson will be good. I also think that given a good script and lots of action especially blood and guts since Levi Alexander wants an R rating that this film will at the very least make the same amont of money Jane's Punisher did.

endrict
He didn't leave cause of the script, he left because he was not spending enough time with his family, he was working way too hard for the movie.

endrict
BTW I already made a threat for Pun 2.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=453909&pagenumber=1

Vladimir
MORE NEWS!
http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/811/811279p1.html
to be honest..this sounds retarded...it is going to be ruined...
1. they have lexi alexander directing...a woman who has no clue how to direct action movies
2. tom jane is gone
3. the story sounds horrible.
too bad this isnt straight to dvd, i ll have to wait longer to rent..not buy, rent the dvd

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
People know Ray Stevenson from ROME.

I would'nt say that because not everyone does hell i don't even watch ROME but i do know who Ray Stevenson is now from tha other thread for punisher 2.

Quinlan-Vos
Ah... wonderful. A crap sounding, poorly thought film... one I won't feel bad about watching online. smile

SnakeEyes
I really think that this movie is going to bomb.

Which is too bad because the Punisher films have a lot of potential for being the most action-packed/gritty comic films out there.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

Which is too bad because the Punisher films have a lot of potential for being the most action-packed/gritty comic films out there.

Yep and people fail to understand what the punisher films are ment to be like bloody studio execs interfering with these sort of films and wanting to market it more towards the younger folks.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yep and people fail to understand what the punisher films are ment to be like bloody studio execs interfering with these sort of films and wanting to market it more towards the younger folks.

I dont knwo man, the last punisher flick was pretty damn violent. You dont need gore to capture violence, and most times, its when the violence is more psychological that it demands memory.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Well according to Levi Alexander Punisher 2 is going to be more violent. So their won't be any kinds unless, of course they have a parent or guardian.

Kazenji
I do hope thats true.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I dont knwo man, the last punisher flick was pretty damn violent. You dont need gore to capture violence, and most times, its when the violence is more psychological that it demands memory.

Well with the ghost rider movie it felt like they tried to make it too much like the spider-man movies and market more towards the younger generation and same deal with the first AVP.

PiruBlood
punisher was a great film. im kina erie about the new one but lets see how the new chump works out.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Found this regarding the roles in P2.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=28624

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It looks like it may be called Punisher 2 :Warzone

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_12833.html

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It looks like Paddy Considine will be playing Jigsaw.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6303

DARKLORDCAEDUS
UPDATED...Paddy Considine NOT Jigsaw..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6303

masterpiece
If Jigsaw is the bad guy in the movie and there is a Punisher 2 video game, who would be the last boss in the video game, considering Jigsaw was the last boss in the first game?

endrict
The first Punisher picture

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6580

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by endrict
The first Punisher picture

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6580

Fair picture of Ray Stevenson

SnakeEyes
Looks more like Ennis's Punisher in the above picture.

Which isn't a bad thing.

I'm just disappointed they're doing a reboot after one recent film.

Kazenji
Well the director has said she is using the punisher MAX comics for material for the movie

Cap'n Happy

Not really. People (directors, actors, writers) walk away from projects all the time- it happens Far more than not. You just don't hear about it unless you follow all movies as closely as you do Superhero flic's. And one thing is for sure, the reasons the studios and actors give are usually garbage... spin, all designed to make them look good and the other side look like the bad-guy. 99% of the time it is money, and don't be fooled.

The new Puhinsher has a chance. I think the studio learned a lesson and will allow this movie to go darker, and ditch the goofy side characters like Franks neighbors (and spare me the "but they came straight from Enis's comics!" It just didn't work on film).
I think Tom Jane made a good Punisher- not perfect- but good, but he just couldn't overcome the awful choices of 1) Travolta, and 2) the setting. There should NEVER be a palm tree or a sunny beach in a Punisher movie. Ever.

Actually, you want the perfect look, feel, mood, for a Punisher movie? Go see the movie No Country for Old Men.
Bone...
Chilling.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Not really. People (directors, actors, writers) walk away from projects all the time- it happens Far more than not. You just don't hear about it unless you follow all movies as closely as you do Superhero flic's. And one thing is for sure, the reasons the studios and actors give are usually garbage... spin, all designed to make them look good and the other side look like the bad-guy. 99% of the time it is money, and don't be fooled.

The new Puhinsher has a chance. I think the studio learned a lesson and will allow this movie to go darker, and ditch the goofy side characters like Franks neighbors (and spare me the "but they came straight from Enis's comics!" It just didn't work on film).
I think Tom Jane made a good Punisher- not perfect- but good, but he just couldn't overcome the awful choices of 1) Travolta, and 2) the setting. There should NEVER be a palm tree or a sunny beach in a Punisher movie. Ever.

Actually, you want the perfect look, feel, mood, for a Punisher movie? Go see the movie No Country for Old Men.
Bone...
Chilling.

I agree with your assessment.

endrict
Some more pics

http://www.superherohype.com/imageGallery/Punisher/Punisher_War_Zone/Movie_Stills

roughrider
Wayne Knight as Microchip? I wonder if he's going to survive the film, because there would be cheering if he gets blown away.
Ray Stevenson looks good as Frank. Thankfully he will be the star and not John Travolta(who took up most of the poster space last time.)

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by roughrider
Wayne Knight as Microchip? I wonder if he's going to survive the film, because there would be cheering if he gets blown away.
Ray Stevenson looks good as Frank. Thankfully he will be the star and not John Travolta(who took up most of the poster space last time.)

Wayne Knight should be interesting as Micochip.

Kazenji
Teaser poster

http://www.themovieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/punisher-war-zone-poster-1.jpg

ragesRemorse
I do hope thats true.

Well with the ghost rider movie it felt like they tried to make it too much like the spider-man movies and market more towards the younger generation and same deal with the first AVP.

i agree. The Ghost rider movie felt like a buffy the vampire slayer episode. The first AvP, i believe avoided a complete teenage appeal because of Anderson. In retrospect, i think he really did a good job with what he was given. Even though the final product left much to be desired. AvP 2 was essentially aliens and predator at dawsons creek.

Thankfully, the dark knight, The incredible Hulk and hellboy 2 seem to be avoiding that avenue. Hopefully, the final movies turn out to be half as serious, dark and witty as the trailers make them appear.

As for the Punisher 2. I can't say that im excited for the movie, especially with the absence of jane, but it seems like fuking up a punisher movie would be a hard thing to do. The Punisher is a vigilante out for revenge. It is the oldest story ever told. Focus on the violence and resolve of the punisher's character and you should be golden, but i guess studio's have a tendency to fuk a good thing up huh

Kazenji
i agree. The Ghost rider movie felt like a buffy the vampire slayer episode.

Yep, GHost Rider is ment to be dark for ****s sake it deals with demons they made mephisto look like a pimp and blackheart look like someone thats just come from a marilyn manson concert.

Phantom Zone
I like the look of the new Punisher movie..the last one was not that good.

roughrider
Teaser poster

http://www.themovieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/punisher-war-zone-poster-1.jpg
They moved back the release date from September to December?

It is a stronger box-office period. Maybe they're looking for the crowd that went to I Am Legend & No Country For Old Men.

Kazenji
If they moving it that far back now hopefully they're spending more time on it making it even better.

Phantom Zone
If they moving it that far back now hopefully they're spending more time on it making it even better.

Hopefully, this one looks dark and griity and that actor was a good choice. I think its gonna be ******* hardcore....I hope.

superchron
FIRST TRAILER
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/punisher-war-zone/videos/punisher2_trailer_061008.html

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by superchron
FIRST TRAILER
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/punisher-war-zone/videos/punisher2_trailer_061008.html

Interesting

ScarletSpeed

personally i thought the first one was aces, and think jane displayed a superb performance

same,

I loved the first one.

ragesRemorse
wow, the actor looks like he is trying to impersonate dolph lundgrens performance of the punisher. It looks like it will be higher octane than the first, but it also looks like it will miss thomas jane, ill wait though

Kazenji
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
same,

I loved the first one.

Don't you mean the second one ?

Kazenji
I'm liking what i've seen from that trailer

I Liked that part in it where the crime family is having dinner and the lights go out and the punisher lights a flare.

Phantom Zone
I'm liking what i've seen from that trailer

I Liked that part in it where the crime family is having dinner and the lights go out and the punisher lights a flare.

Izit?! That trailer is the ******* shit. **** Thomas Jane thats what im ******* talking about!!!!! Yeah!!!! LOL

Kazenji
I agree, This one is alot better then the last one.........as much as i liked that one.

Phantom Zone
I agree, This one is alot better then the last one.........as much as i liked that one.

Im kinda biased because its the Punisher. I thought the Thomas Jane one was....mmm.....ok. Serioulsy though this looks like its gonna kick the crap out of Thomas Jane.

I have a feeling though they're gonna start up a franchise with this one, this is why they're kinda recreating it. To be fair the Thomas Jane movie could have been alot better.....im kinda excited.

SnakeEyes
Hm, after seeing the trailer, I'm kind of excited. It seems as though they went for the grittier Punisher, which really is what they should be doing. Looks badass, I'll go see it.

ScarletSpeed
Don't you mean the second one ?

Yeah laughing out loud

same thing.

ragesRemorse
how does this look more gritty than the last movie? Other than Travolta, it was all grit. I am titillated by the art design that is shown in the trailer though, it looks like it will have that dark whimsical lighting effect. I just hope the punisher has as much character depth in this one as he did in the last movie. The one thing that always turned me off of certain punisher runs, was his one dimensional personality.

Phantom Zone
how does this look more gritty than the last movie?

What? That Thomas Jane is weak compared to what I can see on this trailer. Hell just look at that small fight scene on the trailer.

Endrict Nuul
I agree with PZ here on Jane was weak portrayal of Frank's character and Travolta was a goof in the movie. IMO that movie wasn't serious at all but it was a good action movie, just not a good Punisher movie.

This new one so far looks way better and thanks for linking that trailer.

Kazenji
I'm just waiting to see footage of jigsaw now to see how he looks in the movie.

srankmissingnin
The trailer looks like a direct to dvd film IMO...

and what is up with the collar.

SnakeEyes
how does this look more gritty than the last movie? Other than Travolta, it was all grit. I am titillated by the art design that is shown in the trailer though, it looks like it will have that dark whimsical lighting effect. I just hope the punisher has as much character depth in this one as he did in the last movie. The one thing that always turned me off of certain punisher runs, was his one dimensional personality.

The tone of the film itself (referring to the Tom Jane Punisher) wasn't all that dark. Aspects of it definitely were, but it didn't seem like the movie took itself that seriously and if there's one comic character that should be downright serious, it's the Punisher. Not saying there can't be any humor, but they didn't capture the feel of the Punisher in my opinion. Frank seems more pissed off in this one from what I saw in the trailer. Not to mention his appearance is older/resembles more of the MAX Punisher, which is good.

I agree with the latter aspect of your post. I hope they add more depth in this new Punisher as well. I don't want him to just be a gun-toting killer.

Kazenji

I agree with the latter aspect of your post. I hope they add more depth in this new Punisher as well. I don't want him to just be a gun-toting killer.

Same thing could be also said about Jigsaw i hope they add a bit of character to him rather then have him as a generic villain, "I'm a villain so i must act bad"

Scythe
Wow, what an upset, I had hope for this.

ragesRemorse
The tone of the film itself (referring to the Tom Jane Punisher) wasn't all that dark. Aspects of it definitely were, but it didn't seem like the movie took itself that seriously and if there's one comic character that should be downright serious, it's the Punisher. Not saying there can't be any humor, but they didn't capture the feel of the Punisher in my opinion. Frank seems more pissed off in this one from what I saw in the trailer. Not to mention his appearance is older/resembles more of the MAX Punisher, which is good.

yeah, i dont know, i see it completely different. The massacre on his family and the fight scene against the big Russian were visceral and added much intensity to the movie. I think Travolta's character and overall presence held the movie down very much and not just because he cannot act..,well, yeah just because he cannot act.

I definitely do not see how people say Janes punisher was a weak portrayal of the character. There may not have been as much of a GRADUAL decline into insanity as there should have been, but it was very apparent that this was a man with issue's. This was made known mostly through acting rather than writing. I guess i might be able to see people thinking the punisher wasn't justified because he didn't murder more people than Rambo. I suppose they could have worked in an interrogation scene that highlighted his ruthlessness, but i appreciated watching the punisher use his mind to force his enemies into punishing themselves. Most of the action scenes in the movie were lifted directly from the comics and other than a rushed production and a shitty Travolta, i think it could have been one of the best comic adaptations. If you watch watch the directors cut with the animated opening sequence, the movie has so much more depth.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Scythe
Wow, what an upset, I had hope for this.

What has put you off from this new adaptation ?

Scythe
What has put you off from this new adaptation ?

The fact that Jane's not onboard.

Nestical
its funny how a lot of people are watching the trailer & already saying that its better than the last one.to me that is f*cking retarded.you watch a 45 second clip & can "already tell its better".thats stupid.i thought jane was a good punisher & other than a few things like travolta & such it was a decent movie.my personal opinion on the trailor is it looks like mindless gibberish but i cant truely judge it since i havent seen the movie.but thats just me.ya dont gotta agree

Kazenji
Well from the trailer it looks alot better then the last one Story and action wise, So lets just hope the actual film lives up to it

Originally posted by Nestical
i thought jane was a good punisher

He was a good punisher which i agree, But the look for the new portrayal of the punisher is pretty much what he looks like in the MAX comics.

Kazenji
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

and what is up with the collar.

That would be body armour anyone that remembers metal gear solids 2's Fatman had the same thing.

Raoul
dunno if this was posted....

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.3945

ScarletSpeed
I think it looks ace

Kazenji
Originally posted by Raoul

The trailer ?

Yea it was the from IGN.

Endrict Nuul
A Man Apart was a better Punisher type movie than Jane's version because imo it had a better feel for the story line.

marwash22
The movie is gonna suck ass!

~ Comment brought to you by the people against recasting an already established movie franchise. Besides, Tom Jane kicked ass as Frank. The First movie was awesome (with the exception of Travolta) so im gonna skip this one, or at least wait till it surfaces on dvd a month later.

Kazenji
Originally posted by marwash22
The second movie was awesome (with the exception of Travolta) so im gonna skip this one, or at least wait till it surfaces on dvd a month later.

There Fixed.

marwash22
There Fixed. Thank you. Cus in no way did i mean to imply that the Dolph Lun-whoever version was good.

Kazenji
Thank you. Cus in no way did i mean to imply that the Dolph Lun-whoever version was good.

Well the dolph lundgren one is the first punisher movie to be done but of course people keep saying the tom jane one is the first one roll eyes (sarcastic)

BruceSkywalker
I think this one starring Ray Stevenson will be good

ScarletSpeed
samesmile

TheGame17
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I think this one starring Ray Stevenson will be good \

i sure hope so.
i watched a 1-minute trailer yesterday and was kinda dissapointed by the outfit.
It looked like the Punisher was wearing a turtle neck and i could barely see the skull on his chest.
the whole purpose for the skull is so that the enemies are attracted to shoot at the skull instead of his unprotected head. it should be really white like in the comics..

I also hope its not a typical action movie where it's just him shooting a bunch of people. i don't think people want a "Steven Segaul lame ass movie". they want depth and good twists in the story.

TheGame17
i can tell it definately has a MAX feel to it.
in the trailer he said, "sometimes i wish i can get my hands on God."

he said the same thing in "the widowmaker" of MAX after he killed a couple that were using their kids for child pornography...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Raoul

Wow ... that looks like a huge steaming pile of shit.

no expression

TheGame17
Originally posted by Scoobless

no expression

ya i don't like the outfit at all! the skull is blurred and he's wearing a turtle neck.
They better have a good plot..

marwash22
Batman = CBale
Superman = BRouth
Punisher = TJane

This movie is gonna suck!

TheGame17
Batman = CBale
Superman = BRouth
Punisher = TJane

This movie is gonna suck!

ya. the Thomas Jane Punisher was cool. i don't really get why it wasn't well praised...

BruceSkywalker

no expression

Looks fascinating

Kazenji
Originally posted by TheGame17
and he's wearing a turtle neck.

Actually something along the lines of a bomb suit, Anyone thats played MGS2 will spot the same thing with Fatman.

TheGame17
Actually something along the lines of a bomb suit, Anyone thats played MGS2 will spot the same thing with Fatman.

well yeah i got that. i was just saying it looks like a turtle neck. Overall, i just don't like the design of the suit.

Being a Punisher fan, i'm concerned. This smells like another dissapointing comic movie (ex.: Daredevil, Elektra, Hulk, etc..)

Kazenji
Pffft get out of it this looks alot better then that shitty elektra movie.

TheGame17
yeah yur probably right. i'll try to think more positively

Scoobless

That's really not saying anything inspiring ... lots of films that are better than Elektra are still complete piles of crap.

TheGame17
That's really not saying anything inspiring ... lots of films that are better than Elektra are still complete piles of crap.

good point. well, there's definately going to be some awesome action scenes, but it's the plot im worried about...

Phantom Zone
By the way why is this film showing in November? This doesn't mean its not going to be good but its not going to be a summer blockbuster.

Kazenji
November ?

I thought it was december hmmmm must be for us OZ folks that release.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
By the way why is this film showing in November? This doesn't mean its not going to be good but its not going to be a summer blockbuster.

This film comes out in December. Unless you have knowledge of it being moved up to sometime in November??

Endrict Nuul
Poster...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7513

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Poster...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7513

Looks cool

Kazenji
Its not like a bad thing its coming out in december, Them lord of the rings films got released in december.

Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7535

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/382367/punisher-war-zone/videos/punisher_warzone_072308.html

Here another look with Jigsaw.

Val-E-Doosh
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7535

Here another look with Jigsaw.
Worst music ever in a trailer.

jgiant
hahaha, oops...sorry for making a new one, i just woke up damnit give me a break. Well sign this if u guys want lexi to come back, doubt it will do anything but at least we gave it a shot... http://www.petitiononline.com/pw08/petition.html

Kazenji
Do those petitions even work ?

jgiant
Educated guess: No.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Val-E-Doosh
Worst music ever in a trailer.

dammit man I was just going to post the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxLWWiz5O8

Why do people always have to *****. The trailers looks ****ing hardcore its kicks the living shit out of Thomas Jane.

Originally posted by jgiant
hahaha, oops...sorry for making a new one, i just woke up damnit give me a break. Well sign this if u guys want lexi to come back, doubt it will do anything but at least we gave it a shot... http://www.petitiononline.com/pw08/petition.html

Sup J? Whos Lexi?

WrathfulDwarf
Stop doing this to the Punisher! Gee, Marvel...do you really have to do this to a comic book character? There is talk that there won't be another Hulk movie...why can't they just leave this one peace? better yet, put it on the cooler until someone gets the chemistry right.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Stop doing this to the Punisher! Gee, Marvel...do you really have to do this to a comic book character? There is talk that there won't be another Hulk movie...why can't they just leave this one peace? better yet, put it on the cooler until someone gets the chemistry right.

What, what the hell are they doing with The Punisher making him hard and gritty like hes supposed to be?

Kazenji
What, what the hell are they doing with The Punisher making him hard and gritty like hes supposed to be?

blink

He is ment to be hard and gritty thats why Lexi was basing it more on the MAX comics.

Bouboumaster
Oh My God! This film will be so ****in' hardcore!

I don't understand, why somes here miss Thomas James!? He looks like a dude of romantic drama with big arms!

On the other hand, Ray Stevenson looks like a bad mother****er, like Frank should be. He even have some traits with MAX Punisher.

This will be bloody, this would be a bad ass movie.

The ONLY thing, so far, that I'm not agree with, is the costume. But then again, let see.

Kazenji
Full Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkxLWWiz5O8

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Stop doing what?

Well, as for the trailer, it seems like it will have enough action, now I just hope it will have decent story and action, it doesn't look too bad, really.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bardock42
Stop doing what?

Exactly.

Bardock42
It looks more like a reboot than a sequel, though.

Phantom Zone
It looks more like a reboot than a sequel, though.

Yeah it is and it had to be done.

Bardock42
Yeah it is and it had to be done.

Dunno, a sequel would have been alright, too.

I like how this has more of the MAX feel to it though. As I said, might be good.

Phantom Zone
Dunno, a sequel would have been alright, too.

Nah the first film could have been alot better so a reboot was a better idea IMO.

I like how this has more of the MAX feel to it though. As I said, might be good.

Yeah I know, its look good so far but it might not be.

Bardock42
Nah the first film could have been alot better so a reboot was a better idea IMO.

I liked it. Thought it captured Punisher's less super dark side, quite well.

Yeah I know, its look good so far but it might not be.

I guess that's like it with most movies. I didn't like the trailer too much, cause it was mostly just gore and action, but that doesn't mean anything, there were parts which looked like it might be a good movie.

Phantom Zone
I liked it. Thought it captured Punisher's less super dark side, quite well.

BOOOOOO!!!!!! Well I thought it was ok.....6/10, but sometimes I feel like saying it was crap but I think that would go too far.

Bardock42
BOOOOOO!!!!!! Well I thought it was ok.....6/10, but sometimes I feel like saying it was crap but I think that would go too far.

Well, to me it was one of the better comic book movies I've seen.

Phantom Zone
Well, to me it was one of the better comic book movies I've seen.

no expression

Kazenji

I didn't like the trailer too much, cause it was mostly just gore and action, but that doesn't mean anything, there were parts which looked like it might be a good movie.

Well this is what it has on its wikipedia page

Lets hope it reflects that and is a good film.

Phantom Zone
Well this is what it has on its wikipedia page

Lets hope it reflects that and is a good film.

You know what I dislike. It seems to me that Jigsaw is a bit too much like The Joker.

Bardock42
no expression
There aren't that many good ones.

Kazenji
You know what I dislike. It seems to me that Jigsaw is a bit too much like The Joker.

Now theres a vs if it has'nt been done yet The joker vs Jigsaw.

Phantom Zone

Hmm dunno. Apart from his recent appearances (which I have not read yet) he doesn't seem that much of a threat.

Bardock42

http://my.opera.com/AggressorBrad/blog/show.dml/187564

Not bad as far as Crossovers go.

JaydonPhoenix
I prefer the old Punisher movie anyhow from 1989, with Dolph Lundgren.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by JaydonPhoenix
I prefer the old Punisher movie anyhow from 1989, with Dolph Lundgren.

That was utter shiite

TheGame17
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
That was utter shiite

most definately!
im think im gonna like this Punisher though!
the MAX novels are awesome so it was nice to see some gore in the preview

My only problem rite now is i can't get over that "turtle neck" looking armor :/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by TheGame17
most definately!
im think im gonna like this Punisher though!
the MAX novels are awesome so it was nice to see some gore in the preview

My only problem rite now is i can't get over that "turtle neck" looking armor :/

I'm gonna wait and wait about the armor until I see the film..

Kazenji
Found out who wayne knight is the guy thats been cast as microchip

i reakon its perfect casting for that role.

TheGame17
Found out who wayne knight is the guy thats been cast as microchip

i reakon its perfect casting for that role.

do u have a picture of him?...

Kazenji
Or you could look him up..........

TheGame17
Or you could look him up..........

...................... i don't want to look him up. that's why i asked someone else smile

Kazenji
Lazy bastard............... stick out tongue

fascistcrusader
If they're going to have Newman play Microchip they might as well just fire Dominic West and have Jerry Seinfeld play Jigsaw.

Kazenji
Oh the humor its killing me...............not really

Wayne Knights a good choice for microchip imo he also played that other Hacker from Jurassic Park.

Endrict Nuul
Small clip....

http://www.punisherwarzonemovie.com/

Stoic
As of the present moment the Punisher 3 has not come out in theatres, so I can still say that I think Thomas Jane was the best Punisher, and I think a huge mistake was made when they did not recast him in this new Punisher movie that was made.

SpaceMonkey
Thomas Jane as Punisher is better than this guy. They ruined it.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Yeah I miss Jane.

Endrict Nuul
I didnt, he was terrible as Frank, but hes a good actor star though.

roughrider
Early reviews are not positive at all.
That makes three straight times Marvel hasn't been able to make a good Punisher film - three strikes and out?

Maybe the big screen isn't for him. Instead, maybe it should be a series on HBO or Showtime.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by roughrider
Early reviews are not positive at all.
That makes three straight times Marvel hasn't been able to make a good Punisher film - three strikes and out?

Maybe the big screen isn't for him. Instead, maybe it should be a series on HBO or Showtime.

I never trust reviews...

I'll know exactly what this film will do in a few days

Kazenji
I'll ignore the reviews and go see it myself.

NonSensi-Klown
Of course critics will hate this movie. It's a movie that focuses exclusively on violence and nothing but... Frank's a pretty simple dude. There are bad people out there, those people need to die.

"Simplicity" is a bad thing in the eye of a reviewer.

Kazenji
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Frank's a pretty simple dude. There are bad people out there, those people need to die.

Franks not "that" simple theres a bit more to him then just that.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey

Is this some sort of joke?

SpaceMonkey
Is this some sort of joke?

Yeah, it's a joke. Get it? Funny, huh?

Kazenji
The Tom Jane punisher was good but imo he did'nt look buff enough.

roughrider
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Of course critics will hate this movie. It's a movie that focuses exclusively on violence and nothing but... Frank's a pretty simple dude. There are bad people out there, those people need to die.

"Simplicity" is a bad thing in the eye of a reviewer.

I think if the film was being made by Martin Scorsese or John Woo in his prime, the films would have more depth to them. But they never have an A-lister making these.

TheGame17
I just saw the movie. One word: Disgusting!!!!!!!
i liked it big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>