Republic Army vs. Terran Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OMG-Toothpaste
Battlefields:
-Jungle Planet:
Ground: Full of trees, wild plants, and the native animals, some of which are deadly predators.
Space: Open free of debris

-Desert Planet:
Ground: Hot, open, and full of sand and hills.
Space: Asteroids crowding the orbit of the planet, difficult for large ships and cruisers

-Ice Planet:
Ground: Lots of caves and caverns between the towering mountains of ice and snow
Space: Gravitational pull to the planet making it hard to manuver

-City Planet:
Ground: Platforms hundreds of miles from the ground, and many places for pinning
Space: Full of debris and garbage from the planet surface, making it hard to lock on to enemy ships

Rules:
-No Heroes
-All special abilities allowed
-All opinions welcome

Burning thought
id say Terrans, the republic i feel is a bit weak, mostly those old stardestroyer type ships aint it, cant remember the name

Kazenji
I'm going with the rupublic army, they'll stomp all over the terran with their commando's and the 501'st legion and not to mention they're clones from a mandalorian.

Burning thought
i think the republic will only have numbers, ground unitwise but Terrans weapons are superior, their marines are like space marines, powerfully armed and armoured biologically enhanced super soldiers wheras the clones are not physicall impressive or have any special protection

Kazenji
Originally posted by Burning thought
wheras the clones are not physicall impressive

"Ahem" they're cloned from a mandalorian roll eyes (sarcastic)

Burning thought
i dont kno, i figuired they were all cloned from Janga fett, hes not impressive at all, he cannot lift several tonnes in weight and can be killed quite easily

Kazenji
Jango Fett is a mandalorian and also they're not so much on superhuman strengh as you are suggesting.

DarkC
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm going with the rupublic army, they'll stomp all over the terran with their commando's and the 501'st legion and not to mention they're clones from a mandalorian.
Right, and you think that their laser rifles can outpower a Terran marine' CMC-450 suit before they're all riddled with Gauss spikes? They can pretty much move down a mountain by leaps and bounds. When have the clones demonstrated feats of great strength?

Burning thought
i feel the same, the Clones have demonstrated nothing or any feat wheras marines can survive enormous falls, fire depleted uranium explosive nail like projectiles from their gauss rifles at supersonic speeds and their armored suits can survive a fair deal of damage

wheras the republic soldiers are simply light and weak combat suits that have little protection, even their laser rifles dont seem to do much damage at all

OMG-Toothpaste
Yeah but you gotta remember,
where the clones lack in strength they make up for in tactics,
and the mandalorians were the most powerful and ruthless fighters in the whole galaxy. They were pretty much built for war, and have proven it many times in the movies and the games.
Trained from birth the clones job is to get in, wipe out the enemy, get out...

But I agree that the terran Marines are probably more powerful, but they dont have enough numbers to keep fighting the clones or a long period of time seeing as the clones can easily be replaced in a matter of days

Plus the space battles could easily be won by the republic, with the pilots being trained longer than the terran, and the dropships and bombers would be able to take out some BC with ease

BlaxicanHydra
Blaster pistol lasers put craters in walls.

erm

Clone's FTW.

Kazenji
The Madalorians will just pop a few nuclear warhead missles out into the planet where the terran are and they'll just go right around the terran ship and pound into the planet's surface.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Madalorians will just pop a few nuclear warhead missles out into the planet where the terran are and they'll just go right around the terran ship and pound into the planet's surface.

BC are filled with nuclear missles and could easily do the same to the clones

also Toothpaste dont underestimate the amount of marines there are, there are many marines, altho i agree the numbers of the clones may be able to break down the terrans eventually, Terran marines are not the only threat, Terran tanks fire long range shock cannons to devastate the area combined with Thor battle walkers on the ground the Clones are at a disadvantage because their own large weapons havnt been seen to be durable.

and what makes you think the Terrans are not trained for as long as the Republic ship pilots roll eyes (sarcastic) there is no evidence of that. Battle cruiser yamato gun is like a nukes power bundled in a massive ball of energy, that could easily destroy republic ships and BC are quite numerous, maybe even mroe so than republic cruisers. Also their air superiority cannot match Wraiths considering the Wraiths can go into stealth mode, fire rapid fire lasers and missles while Vikings are powerful anti-air ships to protect the cruisers

Kazenji
Hey OMG-Toothpaste when you mean republic army how far back do you mean

so far we've only mentioned the clones and thats just that army thats in the prequal trilogy.

OMG-Toothpaste
I was mainly refering to the clones, which are you talking about?
Im not too well educated on the Old and New republic Armies, just some of their Jedi.

BTW Burning Thought those Vikings are Valkeries and WTF is a Thor Battle Walker?

Kazenji
I found out what those Thor Battle Walker are

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Thor

and they're just called Thor

Burning thought
yes their called Thor, but their battle walkers which is what i ment smile

they look a bit bigger than an AT-AT with enormous guns on them and Vikings are the new Valkeries, Vikings in flight form are basically the same as Valkeries but they can also land with a pair of chain guns

OMG-Toothpaste
I'm not including the newer, unreleased units of starcraft II, sorry...
This fight is between the already developed units of both sides

Burning thought
ah okie, i still belive shock cannons of the siege tanks could wipe out the clones and i still belive that Terran marines are an incredible force in this fight, the speed thier weapons fire as well as the lethal explosive rounds couples with the piercing nature could even bring down light vehichles and aircraft.

and in space the old valkiries are still the ultimate AA weapons in starcraft at least...well...for terrans, extremely fast missle volleys are hard to beat and wraiths would still be a factor

OMG-Toothpaste
I admit that the Shock cannons would do a fair amount of damage to the clone infantry, but you have to remeber the heavily armored AT-TEs and the Sabre-Class Fighter Tanks that can deal a fair bit of damage to both infantry and vehicles.

As for space the Valkeries would be a problem for the Clones, but with the Decoy launchers in their ships and the obstacles in space, they wouldnt be facing a large threat.
And the wraiths are a bit of a problem, but their cloaks ware off, and the assault ships contain technology to detect cloaked craft, and would send the co-ordinates of each cloaked wraith, but probably not before taking some hits...

Burning thought
its a shame that there isnt a way someone can event a special type of software that you can enter two or more games from a list you have installed on your computer and a list of races and characters come up to choose from a certain game and you can get them to go to battle and actually see a cinematic movie like battle

probably unlikely high tech stuff but would sell awsomemely well, id certainly like one, then we can actually see who would win some game vs battles

OMG-Toothpaste
yeh that would be pretty kewl...
But it might differ for each battle done, you could have 7 battles between a Chocobo and Master Chief and MC might win a couple times...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.