Sephiroth vs. Shin Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Saad
Well, I think Sephiroth will slice the poop out of him.

shin_remy
no he don't

give a good argument why Seph would win.

Shin Akuma raw strength would kill Seph, I'd like to see him surviving punches that sunk a island

or a attack that split a mountain in half

or a kick that send a sunk ship out of water in the air.

Misogi that could split mountains

or his punch that could destroy a meteor

Shin Akuma all the way

FortressXRuler
You really don't have to speak about his feats, you've said it enough, you'e burned it into our heads. Akuma wins.

Saad
I remember Sephiroth moving at a VERY GREAT speed, slicing enormous buildings handily, and trashing Cloud, who is good enough to take on Kadaj and those other two guys (I don't know their names but they're very damn strong) at the same time. when he officially didn't exert himself. He uses magic and his true potential is still unknown. I think that he wouldn't even give our 'gorgeous' fist master a chance to even show him his 'raw strength' which wasn't enough to beat good old Oro, or hit him with the attack which Shin Remy overstates could 'Split a mountain' when he should know that an average mountain should have height of about at least 1000 metres while Ayres rock stand only 390 sth metres in altitude, or hit him with any other attack you mentioned, Shin Remy. By the way, I don't know much about Sephiroth... but I'd also love to see Gouki survive the wrath of his sword.

FortressXRuler
Jenova's fault.

Guilty Gear
Sephiroth wins. While Akuma is indeed strong enough to destroy islands, Ayers Rock and a comet that was nowhere near the size of the Earth, Sephiroth is still his superior. Sephiroth during the Nibelheim incident set the town ablaze and could potentially destroy the planet as his mother, Jenova did centuries ago. The two following videos explains what I've stated of Sephiroth so far: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B058nDO6pvo, http://youtube.com/watch?v=MCjGvIJzk6k

As for the comet feat, nowhere does it show Akuma breaking it. It only shows me charging the meteorite. Next thing you know there are a set of characters that appear in big bold lettering. Did he do it? Maybe yes, maybe no. Wrecking a planet and shattering a meteor are not feats for either Akuma or Sephiroth. Rather they are capabilities backed up with support and or/evidence.

Splitting Ayers Rock in half, kicking a submarine to the surface of the sea and destroying an island are all feats for Akuma. It's funny though how some people overrate these feats immensely by saying Akuma pulled these off with a mere punch. I've read many sources saying he used the Kongou Kokuretsuzan, a self-taught technique where Akuma channels all of this energy into one hand, as every source that I've read describes it. As for Sephiroth's feats, destroying the town of Nibelheim, and covering the world in chaos, similar to the way Bankotsu did in DOA2, are formidable feats themselves.

I'd rather not discuss all of their abilities seen in gameplay for a number of reasons. Ability execution times for Sephiroth's magic and Akuma's techniques are questionable and unspecified, so I'm going to stick with what they've shown to do in cutscenes and/or storyline sequences, those being the feats mentioned in the second paragraph. Basically arguing for instance, Akuma would win via SGS, would be a really weak point here, because Sephiroth can cast instant death in his Seraphic form, with the cast time being no greater than a second when auto-haste is casted, which is one reason already why gampeplay techniques such as these should be left out. We should not incorporate abilities seen in gameplay as the execution times may or may not be accurate. They should be discussed according to what they've shown to do in plot scenes however, even doing so will not determine how long it took Sephiroth to destroy Nibelheim, or how long Akuma destroyed his island or split Ayers Rock. 2D game sequences typically don't specify the time occurred events in them happened, which explains my reasoning. However covering the world in chaos happened in a real-time movie which is why it's time can be calculated. In addition Sephiroth can fly unlike Akuma and is faster. Their stamina is roughly about the same, I think.

Anyway, I'll put my money on Sephiroth. With a weapon that's as powerful and long as his he'd have little trouble slashing Akuma to pieces. What implies that Akuma can take assaults from the legendary Masamune, totally has me beat.

Saad
Originally posted by Guilty Gear
Sephiroth wins. While Akuma is indeed strong enough to destroy islands, Ayers Rock and a comet that was nowhere near the size of the Earth, Sephiroth is still his superior. Sephiroth during the Nibelheim incident set the town ablaze and could potentially destroy the planet as his mother, Jenova did centuries ago. The two following videos explains what I've stated of Sephiroth so far: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B058nDO6pvo, http://youtube.com/watch?v=MCjGvIJzk6k

As for the comet feat, nowhere does it show Akuma breaking it. It only shows me charging the meteorite. Next thing you know there are a set of characters that appear in big bold lettering. Did he do it? Maybe yes, maybe no. Wrecking a planet and shattering a meteor are not feats for either Akuma or Sephiroth. Rather they are capabilities backed up with support and or/evidence.

Splitting Ayers Rock in half, kicking a submarine to the surface of the sea and destroying an island are all feats for Akuma. It's funny though how some people overrate these feats immensely by saying Akuma pulled these off with a mere punch. I've read many sources saying he used the Kongou Kokuretsuzan, a self-taught technique where Akuma channels all of this energy into one hand, as every source that I've read describes it. As for Sephiroth's feats, destroying the town of Nibelheim, and covering the world in chaos, similar to the way Bankotsu did in DOA2, are formidable feats themselves.

I'd rather not discuss all of their abilities seen in gameplay for a number of reasons. Ability execution times for Sephiroth's magic and Akuma's techniques are questionable and unspecified, so I'm going to stick with what they've shown to do in cutscenes and/or storyline sequences, those being the feats mentioned in the second paragraph. Basically arguing for instance, Akuma would win via SGS, would be a really weak point here, because Sephiroth can cast instant death in his Seraphic form, with the cast time being no greater than a second when auto-haste is casted, which is one reason already why gampeplay techniques such as these should be left out. We should not incorporate abilities seen in gameplay as the execution times may or may not be accurate. They should be discussed according to what they've shown to do in plot scenes however, even doing so will not determine how long it took Sephiroth to destroy Nibelheim, or how long Akuma destroyed his island or split Ayers Rock. 2D game sequences typically don't specify the time occurred events in them happened, which explains my reasoning. However covering the world in chaos happened in a real-time movie which is why it's time can be calculated. In addition Sephiroth can fly unlike Akuma and is faster. Their stamina is roughly about the same, I think.

Anyway, I'll put my money on Sephiroth. With a weapon that's as powerful and long as his he'd have little trouble slashing Akuma to pieces. What implies that Akuma can take assaults from the legendary Masamune, totally has me beat.
God, that's more than enough to satisfy even Akuma himself... Great job. wink

shin_remy
Gouki was in Alpha strong enough to blow up mountains and Islands

he did destroy a island with a mere punch

And kicking that sunken ship out the sea is impressive, cause it is hard to move under water. a tank weights 70.000 ton, a ship weights even more no expression

And yes it has been seen that Gouki destroyed a comet. with a mere punch. no special attack

Sephiroth will lose

and this thread has done before, and we all agreed that Seph would lose

Superboy Prime
Sephiroth has what it takes to take the majority without trouble. However if he plays around he will lose and badly. Unfortunately for Gouki he is not Cloud and Sephiroth will literally rip him a new one.

Sephiroth's speed dwarfs Gouki's. Sephiroth is strong enough to impale the gigantic Midgar Solom on a tree. And the real kicker here is Sephiroth's masamune. Gouki may have uber durability, but IMO that durability is mostly for blunt force trauma. Sephiroth's Masamune WILL kill Gouki no matter what. Gouki has never shown durability feats against piercing objects to say otherwise. Not to mention with the masamune's range and even the way Sephiroth holds it it is going to be extremely difficult for Gouki to get close and fight him H2H. A shungokusatsu would only result in Gouki getting impaled. Sephiroth's flying grants him an advantage that will prove fatal to Gouki.

By the way Remy just because the thread was made a while ago and everybody agreed Gouki would win does not make this thread invalid because:

1. People leave and come on a daily basis on this forum.
2. Our opinions can change.
3. Nothing here is set in stone.

ThoraxeRMG
This is a battle Gouki cannot win.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Sephiroth has what it takes to take the majority without trouble. However if he plays around he will lose and badly. Unfortunately for Gouki he is not Cloud and Sephiroth will literally rip him a new one.

Sephiroth's speed dwarfs Gouki's. Sephiroth is strong enough to impale the gigantic Midgar Solom on a tree. And the real kicker here is Sephiroth's masamune. Gouki may have uber durability, but IMO that durability is mostly for blunt force trauma. Sephiroth's Masamune WILL kill Gouki no matter what. Gouki has never shown durability feats against piercing objects to say otherwise. Not to mention with the masamune's range and even the way Sephiroth holds it it is going to be extremely difficult for Gouki to get close and fight him H2H. A shungokusatsu would only result in Gouki getting impaled. Sephiroth's flying grants him an advantage that will prove fatal to Gouki.

By the way Remy just because the thread was made a while ago and everybody agreed Gouki would win does not make this thread invalid because:

1. People leave and come on a daily basis on this forum.
2. Our opinions can change.
3. Nothing here is set in stone.

...............Sephiroth tries to slash at Gouki. Gouki blocks the sword, by grabbing between his palms and then twisting his wrists thereby breaking the blade. That is exactly what will happen if Sephiroth is dumb to swing his sword at Gouki. Gouki's skill completely dwarfs Sephiroth's. 2nd, you never used the shungoku satsu warp trap, did you? smile You warp past the opponent, then use a shungokusatsu mid warp or near the end of the warp. It instantly cancels into the shungokusatsu. Now, this is a game mechanic. But the fact remains you are completely ignoring Gouki's teleportation and the fact that he can set up a shungokusatsu from a warp.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
...............Sephiroth tries to slash at Gouki. Gouki blocks the sword, by grabbing between his palms and then twisting his wrists thereby breaking the blade. That is exactly what will happen if Sephiroth is dumb to swing his sword at Gouki. Gouki's skill completely dwarfs Sephiroth's. 2nd, you never used the shungoku satsu warp trap, did you? smile You warp past the opponent, then use a shungokusatsu mid warp or near the end of the warp. It instantly cancels into the shungokusatsu. Now, this is a game mechanic. But the fact remains you are completely ignoring Gouki's teleportation and the fact that he can set up a shungokusatsu from a warp.

You don't want to bring game mechanics in a debate against a FF character. You honestly do not want to lead the debate there because the possibilities are endless.

Gouki being superior to Sephiroth in skills? Says who? Sephiroth is the unrivaled greatest SOLDIER in the FFVII universe. Even in SF Gouki has peers, and Sephiroth does not. His problem is him underestimating Cloud because of his belief that Cloud is a mere puppet. Gouki cannot afford this luxury.

Oh yes Gouki will ALWAYS grab hold of Sephiroth's masamune. ALWAYS. Especially when Sephiroth's combat speed is superior. And Sephiroth will stand there like a moron while Gouki smashes his main weapon to pieces, right? Because it's not like Sephiroth can kick him in the balls, or any other place to make Gouki release his grip. Nah not Sephiroth.

Sephiroth can teleport as well. He can walk on walls and even ceilings he can telekinetically bring buildings down. He can walk through fire unphased. He can fly and his speed is vastly greater than Gouki.

Gouki will need to put more effort to win the match. While Sephiroth could be flying around him at incredible speed while having buildings fall on him while teleporting while etc. etc. etc.

Once again nothing suggests Gouki is superior to Sephiroth in skills. Nothing at all.

Violent2Dope
Strength: I'll say Gouki but this category is no landslide. Every time Gouki destroyed something of consderable size with a blow, like the island, mountain, etc., it was because he charged his fist with massive amount of ki to spread through the foundation of the object and shatter it, Seph is strong enough to impale 50 foot Cobras through trees, he's not far behind.

Speed: Seph has been shown to be extremely fast, dwarfing the speed of Cloud by miles, and his ability to fly and teleport only adds to this.

Durability: Gouki takes this, Seph's durability though certainly above human is not really that impressive compared to Gouki's.

Power: Gouki does have powerful different attacks like his hadoken and stuff but Seph also has powerful magic and can use them to it's fullest, but I think Gouki takes this by a little.

Intelligence: Seph is very smart but when fighting Cloud his IQ drops for some unexplained reason, whereas Gouki has never really shown above average intelligence.

Skill: Gouki has mastered Anatsuken and Murderous Intent, whereas Seph was by far the most skilled and powerful Soldier in FFVII(according to Aeris no ones ever even seen him bleed) and really is the strongest in the FFVII universe(with the possible exception of Omega and maybe Genesis). I think this category is a tie.

Experience: While Seph has fought more opponents during wars and stuff Gouki has fought more fights with opponents who are close to his level. A tie.

Overall, Seph wins after a very hard fight.

Guilty Gear
...............Sephiroth tries to slash at Gouki. Gouki blocks the sword, by grabbing between his palms and then twisting his wrists thereby breaking the blade.Well at first I was like ermmnone

but then

http://www.wendellwit.com/wp-content/uploads/lold200.jpg
That is exactly what will happen if Sephiroth is dumb to swing his sword at Gouki.Care to back it up? confused

Sephiroth slices through buildings as if they were nothing while setting them ablaze.
Gouki's skill completely dwarfs Sephiroth's.Tell how.
2nd, you never used the shungoku satsu warp trap, did you? smile You warp past the opponent, then use a shungokusatsu mid warp or near the end of the warp. It instantly cancels into the shungokusatsu. Now, this is a game mechanic. But the fact remains you are completely ignoring Gouki's teleportation and the fact that he can set up a shungokusatsu from a warp. Read the part in my last post explaining why game mechanics should be out. That could easily be countered with an instant death spell that takes no more than a second to do. Kinda cheap don't you think? Akuma's better off battling Sephiroth without gameplay mechanics being discussed.

Either way Sephiroth would win this, but not easily.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Strength: I'll say Gouki but this category is no landslide. Every time Gouki destroyed something of consderable size with a blow, like the island, mountain, etc., it was because he charged his fist with massive amount of ki to spread through the foundation of the object and shatter it, Seph is strong enough to impale 50 foot Cobras through trees, he's not far behind.

Speed: Seph has been shown to be extremely fast, dwarfing the speed of Cloud by miles, and his ability to fly and teleport only adds to this.

Durability: Gouki takes this, Seph's durability though certainly above human is not really that impressive compared to Gouki's.

Power: Gouki does have powerful different attacks like his hadoken and stuff but Seph also has powerful magic and can use them to it's fullest, but I think Gouki takes this by a little.

Intelligence: Seph is very smart but when fighting Cloud his IQ drops for some unexplained reason, whereas Gouki has never really shown above average intelligence.

Skill: Gouki has mastered Anatsuken and Murderous Intent, whereas Seph was by far the most skilled and powerful Soldier in FFVII(according to Aeris no ones ever even seen him bleed) and really is the strongest in the FFVII universe(with the possible exception of Omega and maybe Genesis). I think this category is a tie.

Experience: While Seph has fought more opponents during wars and stuff Gouki has fought more fights with opponents who are close to his level. A tie.

Overall, Seph wins after a very hard fight. I didn't post this for my Goddamn own amusement!mad

Saad
Originally posted by shin_remy
Gouki was in Alpha strong enough to blow up mountains
Your kind of mountains (about 390 metres in altitude) or the true kind (at least 1000m)?
And kicking that sunken ship out the sea is impressive, cause it is hard to move under water. a tank weights 70.000 ton, a ship weights even more
Yes, it is impressive. But demolishing building telekeinetically is even more impressive. And don't say that a building weighs 55 tons. mad
he did destroy a island with a mere punch
Can you specify the size of the island? I'm not saying that the island was small, I just don't know the size.
And yes it has been seen that Gouki destroyed a comet. with a mere punch. no special attack
Well, that's raw strength. But how large was that comet? Regardless if it were small, that's a notable feat. But I guess Sephiroth could also have easily done that considering his speed and strength, and not to mention, he might be strong enough to destroy a planet.
Sephiroth will lose
Judging by what arguments others have given, I don't think so.
and this thread has done before, and we all agreed that Seph would lose
I think the majority here thinks that he would win...
Sephiroth tries to slash at Gouki. Gouki blocks the sword, by grabbing between his palms and then twisting his wrists thereby breaking the blade.
What Superboy Prime says... Sephiroth is so agile that I think that Akuma wouldn't be able to perceive the attack, and even if he did, do you think that Seph would stand there like a dumb@** and wait for him to break his katana? I'm not saying that Sephiroth would win easily. He could lose also, knowing that if he somehow gets hit by the Shun Goku Satsu, but the chances are very rare. There are 80% chances that Seph would take the victory, I say.

BlaxicanHydra
Shin AKuma wins because I hate everything Guilty Gear loves.

Violent2Dope

Overall, Seph wins after a very hard fight. Comment on my friggin post!!!!!! furious Oh, and Gouki will not be breaking the Masamune, a legendary sword wielded by a legendary Soldier.

Guilty Gear

Overall, Seph wins after a very hard fight. I pretty much agree with this completely. Greath point on the strength part.
Comment on my friggin post!!!!!! furious Oh, and Gouki will not be breaking the Masamune, a legendary sword wielded by a legendary Soldier. Hell no would Akuma break his sword. That thing formed out of thin air and never had a single scratch on it since day 1. It's not called legendary for nothing.
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Shin AKuma wins because I hate everything Guilty Gear loves. Cosigned. rofl

Violent2Dope
YAY! I made a good point!

shin_remy
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7464/adsadxzx0.jpg

Haha laughing he ko'd Evil Ryu with 2 fingers

or to see how Iori got scared when Gouki blocked a attack with 1 finger laughing
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1995/pedadqll5.jpg

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6388/pkjbzb6.jpg

and at the end he still got pwnd eek!

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7026/psafggar3.jpg
laughing laughing

shin_remy
and for Saad here is the picture where you see him destroying a Comet

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3879/deel3iu7.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/339/deel4qm2.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7537/deel5mu1.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3610/deel6rc5.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8784/deel7qn8.jpg

ThoraxeRMG
Damn where did you get these images?
*Tracks source.*
Edit: Sephiorth wins, he has done many amazing feats himself as well.

Guilty Gear
None of those are valid, just so you know.

ThoraxeRMG
I know, I just want to know where did he get them so I can read it! XD

Superboy Prime
He likes to use comics every now and then.

Even when comics have had Dan beat Ryu simply because he was trained by Gouki. So...****ing...ridiculous.

Evil Ryu & Iori are not in Sephiroth's leagues. Not at all. What Gouki did to them does not impress me at all. I could post a youtube vid of how Sephiroth toyed with Zack during Last Order, but 'nah. Zack although a first class SOLDIER is not in Sephiroth's league; same way as Evil Ryu and Iori are not in Gouki's league.

The comet feat is cool. it still does not guarantee and instant win because this is not a who can destroy comet contest.

ThoraxeRMG
I know the comet was Shin Gouki's ending in Capcom Fighting Jam.

Superboy Prime
I never said the comet was invalid. I simply said it does not guarante Gouki an instant win like Remy over there thinks.

ThoraxeRMG
True...

Superboy Prime
What really annoys me about Gouki fans is that they assume Gouki will be throwing island/comet busting force in every single strike he makes. Which is completely ridiculous IMO.

ThoraxeRMG
True, such tactic would be foolhardy.

BlaxicanHydra
Didn't Lana say that uncanon sources can be used as canon sources now unless the thread starter says otherwise?

Guilty Gear
What really annoys me about Gouki fans is that they assume Gouki will be throwing island/comet busting force in every single strike he makes. Which is completely ridiculous IMO. Oh is that ever so true.

Superboy Prime
I don't know. Do what you wish, but it's ridiculous, and if we're going to use uncanon sources I am out of the debate. The comics are too ridiculous and IMO it should be the other way around. Strict canon unless stated otherwise.

With that said I'm gone.

Not like Gouki toying with Evil Ryu and Iori proves anything at all anyways.

BlaxicanHydra
The Halo books are ridiculous too no expression

Superboy Prime
And I care for that in this thread because?

BlaxicanHydra
'cause I'll uppercut you if you don't.

Superboy Prime
durznuts

Guilty Gear
durznuts lol

BlaxicanHydra
ya know, it's funny that I'm getting so much props for my puberty thread. I was expecting ridicule and an early close.

shin_remy
@ Prime

it is not about events, it is about abilities, and i do agreed with you about Snk vs Capcom that is ridiculous, i don't like to use it as well,

but without that, every Japanese comic where Gouki appeared he's a beast with impressive feats

BlaxicanHydra
I think sometimes comics should be sued because it's hard to find stuff on @-D characters. For Tekken and stuff you can just Youtube there 3-D endings. For Street Fighter all you have is there still portait 2-D endings.

Guilty Gear
LOL @ @-D characters mistake.

BlaxicanHydra
sad

FortressXRuler
Leave it alone, you know it's 2-d.

P-Geyser
Gouki pwns everything...you guys should know that by now.

FortressXRuler
Not really.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Gouki pwns everything...you guys should know that by now.

yeah especially those KOF chumps.

O-KAY!

Guilty Gear

O-KAY! laughing

P-Geyser
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
Not really.

How may I ask....I shudder to think if this were a poll.

O-KAY!

laughing laughing laughing laughing ...... no expression

Guilty Gear
Originally posted by P-Geyser
laughing laughing laughing laughing ...... no expression petpet

Violent2Dope
Too bad they're not canon mate.

shin_remy
it is not about events, but about abilities. it shows whta their capable off

and it is released under capcom

Superboy Prime
So you're saying Shin Gouki will take Sephiroth down with 2 fingers?

shin_remy
So you're saying Shin Gouki will take Sephiroth down with 2 fingers?

no

and it is from SVC... don't like to use that stuff, Snk's vieuw sucks imo

Violent2Dope
it is not about events, but about abilities. it shows whta their capable off

and it is released under capcom Right right, by that logic we should use Seph from KH as well, who lost to a 15 year old boy with no sword training.

Manslayer
Wasnt sephiroth powerful enough to summon a comet which destroyed a solar system and obliterated a star?

And @violent 2 dope. Sephiroth "losing" to a 15 year old kid is purely based on gameplay mechanics thus we dont know how he got defeated. Oh and the original sephiroth is alot more powerful than the disney kingdom heart sephiroth. Especially if you compare feats from FFVII, AC and KH

And a bout his speed. He moves faster than the eye can see in some instances and his "faster than the eye" speed rivals that of a jedi master

And if sephiroth is going to win he would need to be serious about killing his opponent. Seriously he could have easily killed cloud in AC yet he chose to dick around and he ended up getting killed in the end

Guilty Gear
That attack is an illusion most likely, once again, and I thought everyone realized this by now, considering the entire background in the fight was an illusion. The battle looked like it took place in the heavens when it actually took place in the crator Jenova made when she arrived on the planet. Despite all that it is still Sephiroth's most powerful attack in his seraphic form, which is most likely stronger than his appearance in AC.

What feats exactly put FFVII Sephiroth or AC Sephiroth above the KH one? FFVII Sephiroth tried summoning a meteor which if I'm not mistaken took a day at the very least to get to the planet, performed an illusionary, yet damaging attack and the AC Sephiroth sliced chunks of buildings, flew really fast and set everything he cut on fire. KH Sephiroth moved faster than the AC Sephiroth keeping in mind his move "Flash" where he moves from one spot to the opposite side of the battlefield almost instantly, teleported unlike the Sephiroth in AC and summoned small yet damaging meteors without the need of materia, though they were much larger in KH1. So, I honestly don't see how the Sephiroth in FFVII is stronger than the KH version. Safer Sephiroth, I'm willing to say is more powerful since he seems to be. As for Sora beating Sephiroth, how about taking into consideration all of the much more powerful villains such as Xemnas, Hades and the Titans of Greek Mythology. It seemed V2D didn't even acknowledge that Sora had the Keyblade, arguably the most powerful weapon in the KH verse in possession, and the statement that Sora had no sword skills is laughable.

Sephiroth, be it KH, FFVII or AC, still wins this fight.

FortressXRuler
Cosigned.

Superboy Prime
Sorry to bust your bubble Guilty but if the writter of the movie stated Sephiroth was at his most powerful in Advent Children then he IS at his most powerful in AC.

And for Sephiroth being serious about killing...He will be. This is not Cloud. Sephiroth toys with Cloud. Gouki gets the giant masamuna pimp blade shoved up his ass.

Guilty Gear
I thought that he stated that too. Though, I'm assuming you aren't talking about the KH version of Sephiroth as well, since they are completely different beings in two different verses. Now if Namura said that was the strongest incarnation of Sephiroth in ANY game then yes AC Sephiroth would be superior to all incarnations of Sephiroth. I think your point though is that AC Sephiroth is the strongest version of Sephiroth in the VII verse.

I agree with your second statement.

Violent2Dope
First of all Xeno I find it laughable that you actually said the Titans in KH1 are stronger than Seph, the Rock Titan was a big slow rock that Seph would run rings around and the Ice Titan, tho much stronger than Rock, is still no match for him. In KH2 you say Seph was very fast as shown when Sora had to use a reaction command to block it, that's the move you're talkin bout right? Well, one thing I would like to say is, why did he not move at that speed the whole fight? I never said Sora did not have sword skills, they're as good as they can get without any real training, but compared to the trained Super Soldier from birth they are nothing.

ThoraxeRMG
First of all Xeno I find it laughable that you actually said the Titans in KH1 are stronger than Seph, the Rock Titan was a big slow rock that Seph would run rings around and the Ice Titan, tho much stronger than Rock, is still no match for him. In KH2 you say Seph was very fast as shown when Sora had to use a reaction command to block it, that's the move you're talkin bout right? Well, one thing I would like to say is, why did he not move at that speed the whole fight? I never said Sora did not have sword skills, they're as good as they can get without any real training, but compared to the trained Super Soldier from birth they are nothing.

laughing

Violent2Dope
What's so funny b*tch!?

Guilty Gear
Alright, so maybe the Titans aren't as good as Sephiroth. Hades and Xemnas? They would pwn him, and guess who they lost too..

Doesn't matter if he was going at that speed the entire fight. What would be the point of that? There honestly would not be considering it would be frustrating and/or not fun to engage in.

Tell me this, do you think Sora's sword skills in his Final Form is no match for Sephiroth's, because he can actually control where he wants his blades to go without handling them, and he attacks faster than Sephiroth in FFVII. I'd show you a video that explains what I mean if you want.

ThoraxeRMG

Guilty Gear
What's so funny b*tch!? I lol'd.
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Nothing, it's amusing that Gear thought the titans were stronger than Sephiroth.They were considered deities, which is why I thought at first they were more powerful than Sephiroth, though, they're not that far behind.

Violent2Dope
Alright, so maybe the Titans aren't as good as Sephiroth. Hades and Xemnas? They would pwn him, and guess who they lost too..

Doesn't matter if he was going at that speed the entire fight. What would be the point of that? There honestly would not be considering it would be frustrating and/or not fun to engage in.

Tell me this, do you think Sora's sword skills in his Final Form is no match for Sephiroth's, because he can actually control where he wants his blades to go without handling them, and he attacks faster than Sephiroth in FFVII. I'd show you a video that explains what I mean if you want. Hades would pwn him? Riiiiight...If we go by the stupid "only God's hurt him" crap sure, but then why is it that in KH1 he was able to be hurt by normal attacks? Exactly, Seph would destroy him. Xemnas pwning him is debatable, make a different thread to discuss that as I don't feel like wasting my time. If Seph went at that speed the whole fight, would Sora of won? No he wouldn't of, oh and btw in said fight it's quite clear Seph went easy on him. Sora gets no new sword skills in Final Form, only a new way to use them. Also, Seph's real striking speed is never shown as every canon fight he's in he's not really trying to kill him quickly, otherwise he would've won the first fight he and Cloud had.

Guilty Gear
I'll discontinue with this debate seeing as it's irritating and off-topic.

NoobSaibot
I'll describe the final battle scenes:
Sephiroth and Akuma will be facing each other, both exhausted and battered. Then all of a sudden, Dan will appear and deliver the Shun Goku Satsu to Sephiroth and thus killing him. Akuma will be surprised and, reluctantly, offer a hand shake to Dan. Dan will grab his hand... and crush it. Akuma will reel in pain. Before Akuma could perceive what is happening, Dan will apply the Misogi on Akuma, splitting his a** in half.

BlaxicanHydra
Sephiroth is an ghey/emo. So the Titans are better by default.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth is an ghey/emo. So the Titans are better by default. If anyones a gay emo it's Xemnas, who is upset that he feels nothing and wants KH to give him his heart back.ROFL.

ThoraxeRMG
That's hella True.

Superboy Prime

FortressXRuler

ThoraxeRMG
:P

FortressXRuler
stick out tongue

Guilty Gear
If anyones a gay emo it's Xemnas, who is upset that he feels nothing and wants KH to give him his heart back.ROFL. Wrong on several accounts.

For starters Nobodies can't feel upset as they have no feelings.

He never had a heart in the first place.

He was using Kingdom Hearts to create a new world one heart at a time.

FortressXRuler

He was using Kingdom Hearts to create a new world one heart at a time.

LOL. One Heart at a time.

Guilty Gear
Hey, that's what he said.

Also, hearts in the KH verse are completely different than real hearts. They are the source of all power in the Kingdom Hearts universe.

Nikkolas
The Creators of FFVIi couldn't stroke Sephiroth's Massaune anymore unless they came right out and declared him God Almighty.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nikkolas
The Creators of FFVIi couldn't stroke Sephiroth's Massaune anymore unless they came right out and declared him God Almighty. ...What?

Guilty Gear
LOL RAPE

FortressXRuler
What he means is that the makers of FFII wouldn't be on Seph's **** anymore unless they called him a god.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by FortressXRuler
What he means is that the makers of FFII wouldn't be on Seph's **** anymore unless they called him a god. They have called him a God.

FortressXRuler
So they were.

Nikkolas
They never declared Sephiroth a god as far as I know.

Most powerful being in all of FFVII sure but they called hiM God?

Nikkolas
Anyway, Akuma sends his soul to Hell.

Use your Plot Devices to escape from that, you pathetic excuse for a villain.

Superboy Prime
Because Seph will let him hit him with that duriroll

And since you ask for a Plot Device to escape from that I will give you it. Don't get angry though: Sephiroth will never vanish until Cloud finally cleanses his tainted by darkness soul. Only Cloud can vanquish Sephiroth.

There you go. You probably don't like it, but hey you asked for it.

Guilty Gear
The SGS argument as I mentioned in my first post is weak. That can easily be countered with SHA (Sin Heartless Angel) or better yet an instant death spell that takes no longer than a second to cast with auto-haste.

ThoraxeRMG
Because Seph will let him hit him with that duriroll

Yeah, Sephiroth would just stand there. duriroll

Guilty Gear
He probably would, if Akuma disguised himself as Cloud Strife. laughing out loud

Superboy Prime
Plot Device for the win, fellas. durfist

ThoraxeRMG
He probably would, if Akuma disguised himself as Cloud Strife. laughing out loud

Wouldn't work, Akuma is black. 131

Nikkolas
That's Kingdom Hearts.

Not only does no one care about it, but it's non-canon to the FFVII story.

Sephiroth does not have any of those canonically.

I love how we all afford characters materia they never used. ESPECIALLY not even playable characters.

"Akuma beats Sephiroth 'cause he has the Psycho-Power" is the equivalent of sayign Sephiroth uses an instant death spell and auto-haste.

That is how Seph starts most of his fights, yes.

Superboy Prime
That's KH only?

Nah. Sephiroth made it clear to Cloud in Advent Children.

Violent2Dope

Overall, Seph wins after a very hard fight. Since no one read it(jerks) and this thread is still goin on, this is why Seph wins after a very hard fight.

Superboy Prime
I read it V2D. I disagreed with some stuff, BUT there was no need to adress it. We value your stats breakdowns, man. hug

Violent2Dope
Thanks mane.kisses What'd you disagree with?

Nikkolas
The canonical reason Sephiroth returned in AC is a mixture of the regenerative powers of the Jenova Cells and his wills' ability to split itself into three and break away from the Lifestream.

The "darkness in Cloud's heart" has nothing to do with it.

So if his soul was in Hell, with no Jenova Cells or ability to strip his soul away, he's stuck.

Violent2Dope
You act like SGS will actually hit Seph, when it won't.

ThoraxeRMG
Anyways Sephiroth would win.

Guilty Gear
Akuma rushes Sephiroth with the SGS. Sephiroth stands where he is and sticks his Masamune out towards Akuma. Akuma drives himself at the Masamune and it stabs his heart as a result. So much for the SGS.

ThoraxeRMG
Lmao!!!!!!!

Violent2Dope
Xeno is right, if Gouki just trys the SGS like a moron at the start of the fight, he dies. But Gouki's not that stupid.

Nikkolas
Since Akuma is easily smarter than Sephiroth in terms of fighting, Sephiroth with God powers has been beaten about...3 times now, he's not the one who's likely to lose via stupidity.

Superboy Prime
He should wear Sephiroth down before attempting a Shungokusatsu.

Sad thing is we have never seen Sephiroth run out of stamina EVER.

Easily smarter than Sephiroth in combat? Why? Because of Sephiroth's Plot Induced Stupidity to toy with Cloud. Unfortunately for Gouki Sephiroth will not hesitate to kill him.

Nikkolas
Tell me why it was Cloud-specific. Who else did he fight in AC?

Violent2Dope
Look man, Seph is not the idiot his fights make him out to be, he would have easily destroyed Cloud all three fights, but his IQ drops to severely retarded levels everytime he's in Cloud's presence. Hwe won't toy with Gouki.

Superboy Prime
Uh...who is the guy that always fights Seph? Cloud. Who is the guy that Seph considers a puppet? Cloud. Who is the only one that can stand up to Seph? Cloud. Who is the guy Seph toyed with during the end of AC? Cloud.

That's Sephiroth's flaw. His belief of Cloud being nothing but a puppet. Sephiroth encountered Tseng in the temple of the ancients...Tseng died. Sephiroth met his clones...they died. Tifa fought Seph...she was about to die had Cloud not saved her life. Zack fought Seph...he was about to die had ShinRa not saved his ass.

Yes. Cloud is Sephiroth's Plot Induced achilles' heel.

Violent2Dope
I agree with Prime, but Tseng didn't die. He was in AC if memory serves me.

Superboy Prime
I agree with Prime, but Tseng didn't die. He was in AC if memory serves me.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Damned bad translations. He was supposed to be alive in the japanese version, but because of an error it was implied he died. And yah he was in AC.

Violent2Dope
So yeah Nikkolas Seph only fights stupid with Cloud, everyone else he kills or almost kills.

Superboy Prime
The evidence is right there for the love of God. What in God's name kept Sephiroth from stabbing Cloud in the heart or his skull? His stupid goal to spiritually destroy Cloud again.

Guilty Gear
I'll have to agree with supercroytprime this time.

Violent2Dope
Or what about during the Nibelheim incident? He stabbed him through the shoulder and lifted him up, why not through the neck to kill him?

Nikkolas
Ahem.

Sephiroth of Nibelheim does not equal Sephiroth of five years afterward.

Yes Sephiroth beat Zack and Tifa in short order but he was half-crazed and going to see a half-dead alien.

Years later, in the Temple of the Ancients, Sephiroth spent several minutes talking to Tseng and Tseng was not even ready to fight. He merely stood there and then was stabbed.

And Seph couldn't EVEN KILL TSENG.

Sephiroth's goals don't make any sense.

His motivations are an absolute plot hole.

Superboy Prime
Last Order is an awesome anime, but I love the original cut-scene a lot more.

Nikkolas
Because he was severely wounded, holding a severed head in the other hand and when Cloud ran at him, he simply turned around and held the sword up.

Superboy Prime
Ahem.

Sephiroth of Nibelheim does not equal Sephiroth of five years afterward.

Yes Sephiroth beat Zack and Tifa in short order but he was half-crazed and going to see a half-dead alien.

Years later, in the Temple of the Ancients, Sephiroth septn several minutes talking to Tseng and Tseng was not even ready to fight. He merely stood there and then was stabbed.

And Seph couldn't EVEN KILL TSENG.

Sephiroth's goals don't make any sense.

His motivations are an absolute plot hole.

He couldn't kill them because they received medical attention before they died. He knows they are mortally wounded and pose no threat for him. He goes on his way. Big difference when it came to Cloud in AC. Sephiroth knew Cloud was not mortally wounded, and what did he do? He kept his eyes on him. However since Cloud HAD TO WIN he was frozen in time with a WTF look while Cloud Omnislash Ver. 5 his ass.

About Sephiroth's goal and character...well...I'm not a big fan of his. Kuja is better developed villain.

ThoraxeRMG
Jenvoa bless him.

Violent2Dope
Prime pretty much said it. I agree.

Nikkolas

Superboy Prime
hysterical

Sephiroth PAWNED!!!

I agree with you, man. Sephiroth is delusional mama's boy and his intention to destroy the planet was ill.

That is why I believe Kuja is a much better developed villain. Especially when at the end he is touched by his brother willing to sacrifice himself inspite of everything Kuja did. Kuja had an actual character development.

FFIX is one of the best FFs IMO. I didn't even finish it(never beat the boss after Kuja) but I still think it perfectly blends the best of the old and new Final Fantasies.

FortressXRuler
LOL

ThoraxeRMG
That was dumb as hell.

Superboy Prime
Heh.

FortressXRuler
That was dumb as hell.
What was? If it's about me, I posted LOL before he edited it, then I never checked the post after.

Nikkolas
It wasn't dumb. It was a quite true analysis of why Sephiroth's character is so lame.

Nikkolas
In fact he's lamxe.........................TO THE MAX.

ThoraxeRMG
What's lamxe? 313 If he is so lame why does he have a huge fan base? 13jockey

Violent2Dope
Nikkolas your opinion is not fact. And post it in the off topic forum, I read that friggin word quilt for no reason. You have failed. And Gouki still can't beat Sephiroth.

Superboy Prime
What's lamxe? 313 If he is so lame why does he have a huge fan base? 13jockey

Girly looks - check
Big ass sword - check
Kick ass music theme - check

That is why he has such a huge following. In terms of character development etc. etc. he is very very lame IMO.

Nikkolas
Of course Akuma can beat Sephiroth.

What beat him in AC?

Omnislash.

Omnislash does not equal island-destroying force.

Thus, Akuma punches Sephiroth and wins.

Violent2Dope
Of course Akuma can beat Sephiroth.

What beat him in AC?

Omnislash.

Omnislash does not equal island-destroying force.

Thus, Akuma punches Sephiroth and wins. Wow, I just realized you have no idea what you are talking about. Akuma has to supercharge his fist with ki to bust an island, and since he's slower than Seph and Seph with his sword has a much longer reach, punching him will not be easy.

Superboy Prime
He's arguing for the sake of arguing V2D. Don't worry about it.

Nikkolas
Then he takes the sword and breaks it in half.

Be easy enough for someone as strong as Akuma and nothing says the sword will be resistant to being snapped like a large, alme toothpick.

Superboy Prime
Ridiculous.

He will be attempting the Shungokusatsu...then he will interrupt it so he can break the Masamune....then continue to perform it.

Sephiroth will be standing there all WTF ala Cloud right?

Not happening.

Guilty Gear
The grabbing (lol) and breaking of the Masamune argument has been refuted twice.

The Omnislash is far from an ordinary attack. Just because it doesn't devastate an entire area doesn't mean that it's weaker the one of Akuma's punches, and once again it's funny how people overrate Akuma's busting feats by saying he just used a punch to do it when every source that I've read upon stated he used the Kongou Kokuretsuzan, a technique where Akuma channels all of his energy into his hand, as the sources describe. Allow me to list some:

http://www.countryiworld.com/wiki-Akuma_%28Street_Fighter%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akuma_(Street_Fighter)

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Akuma_Street_Fighter/id/1906041

I doubt Akuma would be able to run around while pumping up his fist with energy, not that he's fast enough to run from Sephiroth.

Superboy Prime
But do remember that forum fights usually involve 1 character performing all his feats and abilities at the same time while the other simply stands there like a drunken ***** asking to get ****ed.

Nikkolas
Gotta love Wikipedia.

Now find me an OFFICIAL source or quote saying he used the technique.

Not to mention Akuma is vastly stronger now then he was then.

Superboy Prime
So Akuma will be throwing comet/island/ships busting punches and kicks every single time. Is that what you're trying to imply?

Guilty Gear
I've provided three sources with proof that only SFtards would deny. Also the same information is stated on Answers.com which by the way cannot be edited by anyone, as well as other sources that describe the technique...

Violent2Dope
Then he takes the sword and breaks it in half.

Be easy enough for someone as strong as Akuma and nothing says the sword will be resistant to being snapped like a large, alme toothpick. How will he break it in half if he can't catch it? You act like Seph is some little kid swinging a stick, he's faster than Gouki and in skill they are dead even, I agree he's stronger and has more power, but Seph's speed is the main reason I say he wins.

Nikkolas
The comet isn't canon as far as I know.

But if he can throw out those blows, why not?

Secondary sources.

As useful as proof if I just said it.

Ans since there's no official backing from any of those sources or me, it's essentially worthless.

I go by what's said or shown. Not what a site on the internet speculates with no clear evidence.

Is there any official battleground?

The opening post doesn't say anything about it.

I could say they start nose-to-nose in H2H range.

Violent2Dope
The comet isn't canon as far as I know.

But if he can throw out those blows, why not?

Secondary sources.

As useful as proof if I just said it.

Ans since there's no official backing from any of those sources or me, it's essentially worthless.

I go by what's said or shown. Not what a site on the internet speculates with no clear evidence.

Is there any official battleground?

The opening post doesn't say anything about it.

I could say they start nose-to-nose in H2H range. Gouki needs to do that technique to destroy an island or comet, I would get some proof but unfortunately I would have no idea where to look. And even if he can dish out that kinda damage with single blows, Seph will be hard as hell to hit. No you cannot say they start nose to nose, only the thread starter can, that's like me saying they start the fight with Seph's sword through Gouki's chest.

Superboy Prime
I seriously doubt he will be throwing punches and kicks of that caliber. Sure his single blows will hurt like a mother ****er, but really...Ryu should have been ripped apart had Gouki punched him with single island busting punches like his fans claim.

And for the love of god Ryu having more durability than a fricking island is ridiculous.

Violent2Dope
Ryu gets cut by glass mane, he does not have the durability of a f*cking island. POST IN DARTH NIHILUS VS. SEPHIROTH THREAD NOW!

Guilty Gear
That thread seems to be spite by none other than Nikkolas. confused

Nikkolas
I didn't make it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>