Captain America....casting and thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
There is little news about the movie. Aside from having a screenwriter and producer. The project still lacks a director and cast. Shooting is planned to start mid next year though.

Do you think a captain America could work? I think in todays war focused society, his story could work very well, as long as liberties were taken to contemperise his character.
Do you think his costume would translate well from comic to film? Personally i cant see a soldier outfitted in essentially a scaled american flag, and a helmet with wings.

If they changed the costume with a more realistic special op's tone (which they probably will) do you think that would be an injustice to the character or just an attempt to justify his character in relation to a contemperary realistic story ?

LAstely....who the frick should play as the super soldier?

I think i have the perfect pick Kevin Mckidd from Rome http://www.hbo.com/rome/cast/character/season2/lucius_vorenus_v2.html

Alfheim
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

I think i have the perfect pick Kevin Mckidd from Rome http://www.hbo.com/rome/cast/character/season2/lucius_vorenus_v2.html

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head there. thumb up Yeah I also think they should change the custome slightly. I dont think this is an insult I think people have to bear in mind what people wear in comics doesnt necceasrily look believable on-screen.

roughrider
Ultimate Cap is a good idea of how his costume should really look, with the helmet & ammo packs.

Soljer
Originally posted by roughrider
Ultimate Cap is a good idea of how his costume should really look, with the helmet & ammo packs.

Agreed.

Ulti-verse is a modernization of the old comics. Tries for more realism, hence, a lot of movies are based more off the ultiverse than the 616-verse.

I suspect Captain America will be the same - at least for his look.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
A Captain America movie should work. He may be an unknown actor. Right now I'm nbot sure whom should portray Steve Rogers/Capt. America. As for his costume, the costume he has always worn. In today's world a Cap America could work. Especially if it is done right.

steverules
Harry Potter can play Cap

roughrider
Thomas Jane leaps from being a skull-wearing vigilante to a super solider... smart

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Thomas Jane leaps from being a skull-wearing vigilante to a super solider... smart

Interesting

ragesRemorse

thats cheating, that guy can play anything.

Reaper777
honestly, I think John Cena has the look down.....now if only he was a better actor.... whistle

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Reaper777
honestly, I think John Cena has the look down.....now if only he was a better actor.... whistle

Both a fascinating and an intriguing choice.

endrict
Cena is a pretty good pick, like you said....only of he can act.

roughrider
So many wrestlers have been passed up for roles like this, because they can't act. Dwayne Johnson is the only one who's an OK actor in a lead; the others are best as background characters, like Tyler Mane playing Sabretooth.
Kevin McKidd from ROME? I would sooner cast him as The Red Skull, than Cap.

ragesRemorse
So many wrestlers have been passed up for roles like this, because they can't act. Dwayne Johnson is the only one who's an OK actor in a lead; the others are best as background characters, like Tyler Mane playing Sabretooth.

Hopefull the wrestlers stay as nothing more as background actors.

How about daniel craig as red skull, and mckidd as Cap...Someone should pay for this. smokin'

Alfheim

angrymob Get him! Serioulsy though, why not?

roughrider
Originally posted by Alfheim
angrymob Get him! Serioulsy though, why not?

I see Kevin McKidd, and I'm reminded of Simon Pegg. Would you cast Simon Pegg as Captain America?

ragesRemorse
I see Kevin McKidd, and I'm reminded of Simon Pegg. Would you cast Simon Pegg as Captain America?

I see your point of simon pegg, but am bewildered how you arrive to that comparison lol. Mckidd has a screen presence to me, but most importantly he just looks the part for me, and considering he is a fine actor im sold. However, im going only off of his performance in Rome, but i think thats enough. "I am the son of Hades!" Not like this casting choice holds any possibility or ever will

shksprtx
I like The Rock as Cap. Yeah, he doesn't have the typical blond-blue-eyed ubermensch look that one normally associates with Cap, but he has the build, the physical ability, and the acting chops to pull it off. The only foreseeable problem with that casting is that it might be hard to buy the idea of a racially-diverse American champion in the WWII era...but that could also be used to the filmmakers' advantage (see below)...

As for the costume, I agree that something more along the lines of Ultimate Cap would work better, with a special-ops sort of feel and the various associated utility packs, etc.

For that matter, if I were writing it, I would be more likely to use the Ult. Cap story for background, etc. I'd even use the Colonel as the main villain instead of the Red Skull...because face it, a Captain America movie will sell better if the bad guy somehow ties into the current world situation...

I think that, in the end, the emphasis of the movie should not so much be on the whole "America conquers all" angle as much as the culture-shock thing. Not that the patriotic angle is necessarily somehow flawed, but as a writer/director/actor I'm more interested in how Cap learns to relate to a world that has moved on: new values, new weapons, new enemies, etc...

Everyone he knew has either died or grown old, the face of the culture has changed, people are now much more tolerant of diversity (works with either The Rock as Cap or a white actor, just a matter of execution), the political climate is vastly different, and America has a new enemy...

But yeah, I could also see Thom Jane as Cap...

Seann William Scott could probably pull it off if only he would tone down the whole "goofy-stoner" act...

Faceman
What about Brad Pitt , playing Cap...

shksprtx
Originally posted by Faceman

Could work, but IMHO he's still a bit thin...when I think of Cap, I picture someone with a more muscular physique to help establish the results of the SS formula...

Faceman
Originally posted by shksprtx
Could work, but IMHO he's still a bit thin...when I think of Cap, I picture someone with a more muscular physique to help establish the results of the SS formula...

Thing about getting someone like that is, that the acting might suffer from it....

shksprtx
Thing about getting someone like that is, that the acting might suffer from it....

Again, that's why I would gamble on casting The Rock...he's shown in movies like Be Cool that he can do more than just look good on film while beating up bad guys...

But at the same time, he does a REALLY good job of beating up on the bad guys...

What about Matt Damon? Again, a little thin IMHO, but the Bourne movies have shown that he can handle action-heavy films, and he's a very talented actor...plus, he has yet to sign on for a comic-based movie franchise...

Faceman
Again, that's why I would gamble on casting The Rock...he's shown in movies like Be Cool that he can do more than just look good on film while beating up bad guys...

But at the same time, he does a REALLY good job of beating up on the bad guys...

What about Matt Damon? Again, a little thin IMHO, but the Bourne movies have shown that he can handle action-heavy films, and he's a very talented actor...plus, he has yet to sign on for a comic-based movie franchise...

Matt , is too small.

What about the Batman guy.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Matt , is too small.

He is already taken.

Faceman
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
He is already taken.

He would be perfect for Cap...

shksprtx

Contracted with DC (I would imagine) for at least one more Batman film...jumping over to Marvel would be unlikely, though he would also be a good choice...

Morridini

SnakeEyes
I actually think that Brad Pitt would be an awesome Cap.

He might be a little old, but whatever. Bulking up is no problem for him, as seen in Troy. And he's a talented actor.

shksprtx
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Bulking up is no problem for him, as seen in Troy. And he's a talented actor.

Oh yeah...I had forgotten Troy...I was trying REALLY HARD to forget Troy...

sad

roughrider
The man with the best combination of looks, age, physique and acting chops right now, is Tom Jane. He's done all this extra training for a Punisher film he decided to back out on...Marvel should make it worth his while and get him now.
Unless they can find a perfect unknown, ala Christopher Reeve...

ragesRemorse

I think the rock has to much of an identifiable presence. You wouldnt be watching Captain America as much as you would be watching the rock.

shksprtx
I think the rock has to much of an identifiable presence. You wouldnt be watching Captain America as much as you would be watching the rock.

True, but you DO want someone with box-office clout...or the potential for box-office clout...

What about (cause I'm still just tossing out names here) Josh Duhamel?

Also, who would be the best villain (my money is still on Colonel Abdul Al-Rahman), and who would be cast in that role?

DARKLORDCAEDUS

Do you think Kevin McKidd can do a german accent?

How about daniel craig as red skull, and mckidd as Cap...Someone should pay for this. smokin'

Craig is James Bond, I doubt he'd wanna do a comic book movie.

I like The Rock as Cap. Yeah, he doesn't have the typical blond-blue-eyed ubermensch look that one normally associates with Cap, but he has the build, the physical ability, and the acting chops to pull it off. The only foreseeable problem with that casting is that it might be hard to buy the idea of a racially-diverse American champion in the WWII era...but that could also be used to the filmmakers' advantage (see below)...

As for the costume, I agree that something more along the lines of Ultimate Cap would work better, with a special-ops sort of feel and the various associated utility packs, etc.

For that matter, if I were writing it, I would be more likely to use the Ult. Cap story for background, etc. I'd even use the Colonel as the main villain instead of the Red Skull...because face it, a Captain America movie will sell better if the bad guy somehow ties into the current world situation...

I think that, in the end, the emphasis of the movie should not so much be on the whole "America conquers all" angle as much as the culture-shock thing. Not that the patriotic angle is necessarily somehow flawed, but as a writer/director/actor I'm more interested in how Cap learns to relate to a world that has moved on: new values, new weapons, new enemies, etc...

Everyone he knew has either died or grown old, the face of the culture has changed, people are now much more tolerant of diversity (works with either The Rock as Cap or a white actor, just a matter of execution), the political climate is vastly different, and America has a new enemy...

Seann William Scott could probably pull it off if only he would tone down the whole "goofy-stoner" act...

To cast Dwayne Johnson as a comic book icon would be a gross mistake. As for the Cap America costume more likely the one has has always worn. Prollu none of that Ult. Cap stuff. Thomas Jane as another comic book character. NOT... After the debacle with The Punisher and its sequel, I doubt Jane ever be another comic book character again.

I like Pitt, but he is too old.

Yes Bale is perfect, but since he is already playing one the best comic book characters ever and is contracted by WB and DC comics, he won't be playing another comic book character.

The man with the best combination of looks, age, physique and acting chops right now, is Tom Jane. He's done all this extra training for a Punisher film he decided to back out on...Marvel should make it worth his while and get him now.

I perfect unknown just may work here. I mean casting The Rock for obvious reason will not work, nor will fan stand for it. Tom Jane, yes, but as another comic book guy, prolly not...

shksprtx
I personally don't think Red Skull should be more than a small part in the movie...

Leave him for a sequel, if need be, but the first installment in the franchise needs to have a more topical villain and be more oriented to the War on Terror...maybe we can find out at the end that the Skull is behind it all (whatever "it" ends up being), but as I said before I really think Ult. Cap's costume, backstory, and villain (The Colonel) will work best for volume 1 of this film franchise...

I'll try to work up a synopsis of how I would write the movie and post it here ASAP...

SnakeEyes
If they were to cast the Rock as Cap then I would be extremely pissed.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The villain will be The Red Skull.

endrict
Chuck Norris as Red Skull?

shksprtx
The villain will be The Red Skull.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if this is true it's IMHO a huge mistake on Marvel's part.

Yes, the Skull is Cap's traditional arch-enemy, but it's gonna be really tough to make him work without coming across as being very cheesy...

shksprtx
Originally posted by endrict
Chuck Norris as Red Skull?

C'mon, even Cap can't beat Chuck Norris...

Don't you want the good guy to win?

endrict
no, bad guys are better.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if this is true it's IMHO a huge mistake on Marvel's part.

Yes, the Skull is Cap's traditional arch-enemy, but it's gonna be really tough to make him work without coming across as being very cheesy...

At this point. That is the only thing that makes much sense. Skull will the villain for the first film. Beyond that would be anybodies guess.

Caps Conscience
How about Mathew Miconehey or however you spell it.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
How about Mathew Miconehey or however you spell it.

Matthew McConaughey. Interesting choice. Never figured him for a comic book movie.

ragesRemorse
I had a thought the other day that josh lucas or cole hauser could pull off a captain America

ragesRemorse
How about Mathew Miconehey or however you spell it. I never though He could play anything but a free loving character. He always has this i love myself tone going on. After seeing him in reign of fire though, i think he might be able to play an emotionless solider killing machine. I think his voice might ruin it though. When i read cpatain america comics, i hear a voice more than i create a realistic mental image. The voice i hear is strong and assertive.

shksprtx
I was discussing this with a non-comic-book-geek friend, and the name Brendan Fraser came up...thoughts?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I had a thought the other day that josh lucas or cole hauser could pull off a captain America

Good choices ezpecially if they got in shape and gained weight. Also if they learned the martial arts and did some of their own stunts.

Caps Conscience
I was discussing this with a non-comic-book-geek friend, and the name Brendan Fraser came up...thoughts?

Brendan Fraser looks like a woos to me. I don't think I could see him as Cap.

edwinian
Do you think Kevin McKidd can do a german accent?

Craig is James Bond, I doubt he'd wanna do a comic book movie.

To cast Dwayne Johnson as a comic book icon would be a gross mistake. As for the Cap America costume more likely the one has has always worn. Prollu none of that Ult. Cap stuff. Thomas Jane as another comic book character. NOT... After the debacle with The Punisher and its sequel, I doubt Jane ever be another comic book character again.

I like Pitt, but he is too old.

Yes Bale is perfect, but since he is already playing one the best comic book characters ever and is contracted by WB and DC comics, he won't be playing another comic book character.

I perfect unknown just may work here. I mean casting The Rock for obvious reason will not work, nor will fan stand for it. Tom Jane, yes, but as another comic book guy, prolly not...

That is a hefty post, well done. Funny you mention Sean William Scott and The Rock b/c I just watched The Rundown recently and thought it was pretty damn good and that The Rock is by far the best actor of any wrestler. He would make an awesome comic book hero, which one I can't quite say yet. I will say I appreciate that he's trying new roles, like The Game Plan. He's appealing to a larger audience (family, female) and I can respect that. The fact that this movie has football in it is a huge positive b/c The Rock hasn't lost his "tough guy edge". Observe... http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/gameplan/

ragesRemorse
Brendan Fraser looks like a woos to me. I don't think I could see him as Cap.

i have to agree with that. Even though i like bredan fraiser, her has that doofus thing going on. I only have the mummy movies to base the idea of fraiser staring in an action movie. Even in the mummy movies, when he was playing a badass, he was a doofus

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by edwinian
That is a hefty post, well done. Funny you mention Sean William Scott and The Rock b/c I just watched The Rundown recently and thought it was pretty damn good and that The Rock is by far the best actor of any wrestler. He would make an awesome comic book hero, which one I can't quite say yet. I will say I appreciate that he's trying new roles, like The Game Plan. He's appealing to a larger audience (family, female) and I can respect that. The fact that this movie has football in it is a huge positive b/c The Rock hasn't lost his "tough guy edge". Observe... http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/gameplan/

lol your entire post builds to a plug for a rock movie laughing out loud

roughrider
After Transformers, I'm willing to take a look at Josh Duhamel. His character of Captain Lennox had elements of Ultimate Cap in his personality; plus, he looks like Brad Pitt but is ten years younger, and has a stronger vocal delivery.

lordboo
After Transformers, I'm willing to take a look at Josh Duhamel. His character of Captain Lennox had elements of Ultimate Cap in his personality; plus, he looks like Brad Pitt but is ten years younger, and has a stronger vocal delivery.
thats a great choice thumb up

DARKLORDCAEDUS

He's a good choice. he could do it.

endrict
Dwayne Johnson is my pick.

roughrider

I don't think America is ready for a Samoan-Latino Captain America.

SnakeEyes
He's a good choice. he could do it.

He has the look, but I wasn't all that impressed with his acting in "Transformers."

DARKLORDCAEDUS

laughing laughing

hugekent
Aaron Eckhart maybe?

endrict
Steve Seagal?

endrict
Matthew McConaughey. Interesting choice. Never figured him for a comic book movie.

He was freaking awesome in Reign Of Fire and that was a video game movie. close to a comic book movie!

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2002_Reign_of_Fire/2002_reign_of_fire_005.jpg

endrict
How about

Mark Wahlberg
Ryan Reynolds (serious acting here)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It seems Nick Cassavetes may be directing Captain America.

roughrider
It seems Nick Cassavetes may be directing Captain America.
Why? He was attached to Iron Man for nearly two years, and nothing got off the ground there.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Why? He was attached to Iron Man for nearly two years, and nothing got off the ground there.

I guess its because HE and Marvel must've been on good terms even though he left Iron Man.

ragesRemorse
Although i think Kevin Mckid is still the most perfect choice. I believe Jeremy Renner may be a great runner up

endrict
Although i think Kevin Mckid is still the most perfect choice. I believe Jeremy Renner may be a great runner up

Ah noo.

roughrider

Gidaddahere. He looks more like Loki that Steve.

ragesRemorse
how about a ben foster?

JediSamuraiMRB
how about a ben foster?

He'll make a good choice, but I'd hope he would gain at least 50 pounds of muscle and learn the martial arts

Alfheim

Who the **** is Simon Pegg. McKidd is perfect he'll just have to change his accent. I mean hell have you seen him in Dog Soldiers that Steve Rogers with a scottish accent....I mean c'mon man....gezzz. erm

hugekent
I'm with roughrider. I can't for the life of me see any Steve Rogers at all in Kevin McKidd. In some pictures he looks very Irish or Scottish, and in others he looks Russian.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by hugekent
I'm with roughrider. I can't for the life of me see any Steve Rogers at all in Kevin McKidd. In some pictures he looks very Irish or Scottish, and in others he looks Russian.

Kevin McKidd is scottish. He'd make a decent Steve Rogers. But whoever they get, the actor must learn how to fight.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Kevin McKidd is scottish. He'd make a decent Steve Rogers. But whoever they get, the actor must learn how to fight.

Mckidd is still my fantasy draft. The actor doesnt need to learn how to fight as much as the production team needs a choreographer. Christian bale, and ben affleck learned how to fight before their comic book roles. This, however, made no difference because the choreography was shit

JediSamuraiMRB
Mckidd is still my fantasy draft. The actor doesnt need to learn how to fight as much as the production team needs a choreographer. Christian bale, and ben affleck learned how to fight before their comic book roles. This, however, made no difference because the choreography was shit

But I loved the fight choreograhy in Batman Begins and I know for a fact that Bale did a lot of his own stunts in The Dark Knight. In these types of movies the actor/actress should learn some of the moves because when I see action movies, comic book movies, when viewing fight scenes I want to see the actor/actress do some of their own stunts and not always a stuntman.

ragesRemorse
But I loved the fight choreograhy in Batman Begins and I know for a fact that Bale did a lot of his own stunts in The Dark Knight. In these types of movies the actor/actress should learn some of the moves because when I see action movies, comic book movies, when viewing fight scenes I want to see the actor/actress do some of their own stunts and not always a stuntman.

I agree with you. I too, appreciate when actors are capable and willing to execute their own stunt work. As for the choreography in Batman begins. I love the fact that Nolan went down a more realistic route with the fighting. Anytime, however, when batman was on screen fighting. The choreography had to combat tight frames and restrictive movement. I understand, the suit compromises much movement, but it is still annoying none the less.

Cap'n Happy
About the uniform- I agree that his classic comic book threads may need some tweaking, but they shouldn't go overboard. To many film makers are afraid of the comic coustumes- and it sometimes hurts the look on film (X-Men- I think the all matching leather suits was visually boring- a little more color, a little more like the actual comics would have been a big improvement). I think the three best looking superhero's on screen were:

Superman (esp. the Chris Reeves era)
Spider-man
Batman

All perfect (or nearly) copies of the comic books.
As for actors, I think it's a shame they didn't make the movie ten of fifteen years ago, 'cause Howie Long would have been perfect (a little old now). Anyone they pick should look like Howie; tall, built, sqare-jawed- the perfect American man. No Brad Pitt type pretty boy, please! (Someone threw out Aaaron Eckhart... not bad.)

Two guys strike me as perfect for Red Skull; John Malkovich, or Wilem Dafoe.

roughrider
I don't think Captain America is going to happen for some years, if Marvel is serious about their Avengers movie. Screenwriter Zak Penn stated the aim is for 2010, and that he wants to adapt the origin story from The Ultimates(it's perfect, as Millar & Hitch did Ultimates like it was an Avengers movie); if so, that is how Cap will be introduced to new moviegoers.
This will be easier now, as every new Marvel character going to the big screen will be under the banner of Paramount Pictures( starting with Iron Man), just like the DC characters are under Warner Brothers. But this would mean no Hulk, as he is under lock with Universal Pictures and not Paramount. But, the Avengers can have Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver, Wasp & Giant Man, and on & on.
After the first Avengers film, then maybe Cap will have his own.

JediSamuraiMRB
I don't think Captain America is going to happen for some years, if Marvel is serious about their Avengers movie. Screenwriter Zak Penn stated the aim is for 2010, and that he wants to adapt the origin story from The Ultimates(it's perfect, as Millar & Hitch did Ultimates like it was an Avengers movie); if so, that is how Cap will be introduced to new moviegoers.
This will be easier now, as every new Marvel character going to the big screen will be under the banner of Paramount Pictures( starting with Iron Man), just like the DC characters are under Warner Brothers. But this would mean no Hulk, as he is under lock with Universal Pictures and not Paramount. But, the Avengers can have Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver, Wasp & Giant Man, and on & on.
After the first Avengers film, then maybe Cap will have his own.

Marvel is planting seeds for an Avengers already. Sam Jackson is playing Nick Fury in the Iron Man and already filmed was a scene involving General Thunderbolt Ross and Tony Stark for the upcoming new Hulk movie.

ragesRemorse
Marvel is planting seeds for an Avengers already. Sam Jackson is playing Nick Fury in the Iron Man and already filmed was a scene involving General Thunderbolt Ross and Tony Stark for the upcoming new Hulk movie.

Samuel jackson is playing nick fury....,are you fuvcking kidding me?

ragesRemorse

This will be easier now, as every new Marvel character going to the big screen will be under the banner of Paramount Pictures But this would mean no Hulk, as he is under lock with Universal Pictures and not Paramount.

why would that mean no Hulk?

JediSamuraiMRB
Samuel jackson is playing nick fury....,are you fuvcking kidding me?

Nope..

StylishSmurph
Samuel jackson is playing nick fury....,are you fuvcking kidding me? Of course he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Nick_Fury

It's obviously the Ultimate version, who was based on SLJ.

roughrider
why would that mean no Hulk?

If Paramount produces the film, they cannot use the Hulk because his Movie & TV rights are held by Universal Pictures - just like Columbia Pictures owns Spider Man and Ghost Rider, and 20th Century Fox owns Daredevil & Elektra, X-Men, Fantastic Four & Silver Surfer & so on.
The only way around this, is if screen copyright passes back to Marvel at some point, due to some contract clause. For example, I've heard that's why they haven't produced a sequel to Daredevil, because they're waiting for the screen rights to revert back to them. For Marvel, it hasn't been like George Lucas owning all the rights to Star Wars outright, and can shop them around to any company he wants if he doesn't get treated right.
These are all deals made in the past, however. Marvel is going forward with Paramount as it's sole distributor from now on, so every character they produce now can be under their banner. This is what will keep Hulk out of an Avengers movie - movie legalize.
DC has less of a problem, because Warner Bros. owns them, so every character going to the Movies or TV is under their banner, so many of them can come together to be a team, like Justice League.

MightyEInherjar
If only Dolph Lundgren was still young...

roughrider
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
If only Dolph Lundgren was still young...

...He still wouldn't have been right. Lundgren is too big, too tall to be Steve, and though his English is great I wouldn't think of him as American. He'd have been better as Thor, or Colossus.

roughrider

MightyEInherjar
Ha! Dolph Lundgren is perfect . I don't think the producers care about height one bit, and Lundgren is only 3 inches taller than Cap, it's not like it's Hugh Jackman playing a short guy like Wolverine....oh yeah.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news2927.jpg

I think he'd be damn great for the roll, not to mention it's not like it's the first time he's been a superhero.

What about Matt Salinger, the guy that was supposed to play Steve in the 1990's Captain America?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Captainamerica2.jpg/200px-Captainamerica2.jpg

JediSamuraiMRB
Ha! Dolph Lundgren is perfect . I don't think the producers care about height one bit, and Lundgren is only 3 inches taller than Cap, it's not like it's Hugh Jackman playing a short guy like Wolverine....oh yeah.

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/onion_news2927.jpg

I think he'd be damn great for the roll, not to mention it's not like it's the first time he's been a superhero.

What about Matt Salinger, the guy that was supposed to play Steve in the 1990's Captain America?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bd/Captainamerica2.jpg/200px-Captainamerica2.jpg

laughing laughing laughing Doplh Lundgren is a old has been. As is Matt Salinger. These two may have worked some 20-25 years ago, but not today.

CaptainStoic
Ryan Reynolds would be a perfect Nick Fury check out this pic... now imagine him with an eye patch.

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/ryanreynolds/pages/pic06.shtml

I've always seen John Cena as Captain America.

http://www.starpulse.com/Athletes/Cena,_John/gallery/CENAMARINE01/

roughrider

He did play Steve, and was the best part of a well-intentioned but poorly executed, cheaply-budgeted film.

DarthLazious
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Ryan Reynolds would be a perfect Nick Fury check out this pic... now imagine him with an eye patch.

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/ryanreynolds/pages/pic06.shtml

I've always seen John Cena as Captain America.

http://www.starpulse.com/Athletes/Cena,_John/gallery/CENAMARINE01/

You and me both. big grin

Dgw2007
Cena Would be good

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Dgw2007
Cena Would be good

sick He is to big and lacks acting ability

Dgw2007
he has acting ability

JediSamuraiMRB
I have absolutely no idea as to who will play Steve Rogers/Captain America. I doubt the studio and Marvel will want some has been old drugged out actor. I also doubt that they would want John Cena. I'm sure they will be looking for an actor that is in great shape, good acting ability and can fight or the very least willing to learn the martial arts for the role.

DarthLazious
What about Casper Van Dien from Starship Troopers?

roughrider
Originally posted by DarthLazious
What about Casper Van Dien from Starship Troopers?

Too old now.

LORD B
john cena is perfect physique wise and looks,its a pity hes a shit unconvincing actor.

MattDay
cena could pull it off, he hadnt needed to act before really, he can show his real acting talent in this... fyi wrestling is acting... and people now actually think is like john cena lol when it is a character

LORD B
Originally posted by MattDay
cena could pull it off, he hadnt needed to act before really, he can show his real acting talent in this... fyi wrestling is acting... and people now actually think is like john cena lol when it is a character
i watched the marine and his acting was shit.

CaptainStoic
Janet Van Dyne (AKA The Wasp) - Natalie Portman

She's so hot!

DarthLazious
Too old now.

You can fix that with special effects now.

Val
This is probably the funniest thread on KMC. John Cena? Dolph Lundgren? THE ROCK? laughing out loud

roughrider
Originally posted by DarthLazious
You can fix that with special effects now.

Cheaper and less hassle to find a better actor, I say. wink

DarthLazious
So who would play Cap then?

suprmanvsbatman
i know its such a cliche but BRAD PITT is the obvious choice lol

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by suprmanvsbatman
i know its such a cliche but BRAD PITT is the obvious choice lol

Pitt is a good actor but way too old for the role.

suprmanvsbatman
yeah right enough actually.

BruceSkywalker
yeah right enough actually.

What young actor would you like to see as Capt. America/Steve Rogers?

suprmanvsbatman
i would say Paul Walker (dont know about the jaw) or to go even younger Justin Hartley ... what do you think?

BruceSkywalker
i would say Paul Walker (dont know about the jaw) or to go even younger Justin Hartley ... what do you think?

Paul Walker would be an interesting choice as would Justin Hartley. Both would have learn the martial arts and bulk up some. Ryan Reynolds would have made a good choice, but he is Deadpool.

suprmanvsbatman
yeah i was going to say Reynolds but people will start to think im on the find Ryan Reynolds work campaign lol. and yeah they would have to bulk up some and get the fight style down but that is so easily done these days lol:P I dont think Cam Gigandet would be an awful cap hes way too skinny though http://www.imdb.com/media/rm404069632/nm1544217

BruceSkywalker
yeah i was going to say Reynolds but people will start to think im on the find Ryan Reynolds work campaign lol. and yeah they would have to bulk up some and get the fight style down but that is so easily done these days lol:P I dont think Cam Gigandet would be an awful cap hes way too skinny though http://www.imdb.com/media/rm404069632/nm1544217

Cam Gigandet thats the guy from the new martial arts movie. He may work

suprmanvsbatman
Yeah "never back down " cant wait to see that all the fight scenes look amazing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.