Cyclops vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tooa/presence
I've never seen them fight one on one and I'm pretty sure Spiderman would be able to dodge the full-out beam. If they have fought before, sorry. Who wins?

Sparkz
If Cyke takes off his visor and lets rip with a huge huge beam, Spidey is done, he can't dodge that, if he sticks with just basic beams Spidey can dodge around him and take him out, also depends on how far apart they start if its close, Spidey can clobber him before Cyke can react...

tooa/presence
Originally posted by Sparkz
If Cyke takes off his visor and lets rip with a huge huge beam, Spidey is done, he can't dodge that, if he sticks with just basic beams Spidey can dodge around him and take him out, also depends on how far apart they start if its close, Spidey can clobber him before Cyke can react...

Hmm, yeah. What distance would make a good fight?

Sparkz
I'm not sure really, something far enough where Spidey couldn't just quickly one shot him

tooa/presence
What would happen half a kilometer apart?

Sparkz
That'd prob be enough time for Cyke to fire one shot, but whether he takes off his visor is a diff matter....

ragesRemorse
It could go eigther way. Im sure sPidey is thick enough to endure a few optic blasts, but they would slow him down none the less. If he gets caught with a few giving cykes enough time to remove his visor and focus a a direct hit....Spidey falls no doubt about it.

However, spidey could just as easily dodge cykes, blasts giving him the edge to get in close and knock cykes out with a simple punch. HE could also, use his webbing to slow cykes down, Im not sure how cykes would get out of a full body webbing. AS far as i know cyclops is not impervious to his own optic blast, so how would he get out ? Spidey also has the advantage of hurling heavy objects.

I say it goes eigther way though. On a good day eigther one could best the other

Sparkz
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
It could go eigther way. Im sure sPidey is thick enough to endure a few optic blasts, but they would slow him down none the less. If he gets caught with a few giving cykes enough time to remove his visor and focus a a direct hit....Spidey falls no doubt about it.

However, spidey could just as easily dodge cykes, blasts giving him the edge to get in close and knock cykes out with a simple punch. HE could also, use his webbing to slow cykes down, Im not sure how cykes would get out of a full body webbing. AS far as i know cyclops is not impervious to his own optic blast, so how would he get out ? Spidey also has the advantage of hurling heavy objects.

I say it goes eigther way though. On a good day eigther one could best the other

This is true Spidey could take 1 or 2 shots but no more, but I doubt he could take a full on no visor blast. And I think Cyke is imperviose to his own blast, I may be wrong but If Havoks dsnt work on him because they are brothers wouldnt that mean his own wouldnt work on him either...

But yeah this fight could really go either way.

tooa/presence
This is true Spidey could take 1 or 2 shots but no more, but I doubt he could take a full on no visor blast. And I think Cyke is imperviose to his own blast, I may be wrong but If Havoks dsnt work on him because they are brothers wouldnt that mean his own wouldnt work on him either...

so half a kilometer would be a good fight? who wins out of ten?

Sparkz
To be honest I think this is an even split, I can see Spidey taking Summers out before he can do anything to devasting, but I can also see cyclops managing to blast Spidey into next Sunday...I can't decide lol

ragesRemorse

i forgot about havok, good point.

I also think the enviorment would heavily influence this fight

Sparkz
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
i forgot about havok, good point.

I also think the enviorment would heavily influence this fight

Unless stated I think its just a basic arena. If there is nothing to hide behind it makes it Easier on Summers, but I still don't see that being too much of a problem for the webhead..

ragesRemorse
Unless stated I think its just a basic arena. If there is nothing to hide behind it makes it Easier on Summers, but I still don't see that being too much of a problem for the webhead..

A bare arena and a distance of half a kilomometer away definetely gives Cyclops the advantage. With no obstruction in his view and distance offering time to focus while spiderman has to gain ground. Originally i was thinking it would fall towards spidey, but not now

guy222
Originally posted by tooa/presence
I've never seen them fight one on one and I'm pretty sure Spiderman would be able to dodge the full-out beam. If they have fought before, sorry. Who wins?

spidey

llagrok
Cyclops.

srankmissingnin
Spider-man would get smoked and roasted. If he limited himself to the ground plan then he would be able to dodge some narrow beams... but he spends most of his time jumping around like a jack ass. In the air his speed means less then nothing. He can only contort his body so much and he can't alter his momentum in mid air, he is at the mercy of gravity and Cyclops is too accurate to miss. He can change his momentum with his webbing but the speed at which is webbing travels from point a (his wrist) to b (his target) is nearly fast enough to compeat with Cyc's beams.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
he can't alter his momentum in mid air, he is at the mercy of gravity and

As much as i agree with you, his webbing does give him some control over his momentum.

just had to be a dick dribble and point that out

Sparkz
Spider-man would get smoked and roasted. If he limited himself to the ground plan then he would be able to dodge some narrow beams... but he spends most of his time jumping around like a jack ass. In the air his speed means less then nothing. He can only contort his body so much and he can't alter his momentum in mid air, he is at the mercy of gravity and Cyclops is too accurate to miss. He can change his momentum with his webbing but the speed at which is webbing travels from point a) his wrist to b) his target is nearly fast enough to compeat with Cyc's beams.

True but it also depends how fast he's moving through the air as to whether or not Cyke can hit him...

tooa/presence
I think I give the edge to Spidey since he's faster

ExtraMision5555
Spider-man would get smoked and roasted. If he limited himself to the ground plan then he would be able to dodge some narrow beams... but he spends most of his time jumping around like a jack ass. In the air his speed means less then nothing. He can only contort his body so much and he can't alter his momentum in mid air, he is at the mercy of gravity and Cyclops is too accurate to miss. He can change his momentum with his webbing but the speed at which is webbing travels from point a (his wrist) to b (his target) is nearly fast enough to compeat with Cyc's beams.

i agree
spiderman is at the mercy of cyclops blasts due to the nature of cyclops

Grinning Goku
Spider-Man. He has speed and reflex advantages.

Xplosive
If they go all out, no hesitation, Cyclops wins and kills him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.