Cloud runs a Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7/Last Order/Advent Children/Et Cetera.

Cloud can only use inherent powers. No 'knights of the round' or other shite.

Note: Fanboys will be added to the ignore list IMMEDIATELY. I advise everyone else to do similarly, rather than argue with the idiots.
1. Catwoman
2. Ra's Al Ghul
3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Hawkman
6. Namor the Sub-Mariner
7. Captain Mar-Vell
8. Black Bolt(Whisper, but no scream. Hopefully for obvious reasons)
9. Green Lantern (Hal)
10. Thanos

Demogorge
7 In my opinion.I know he can't clear it

srankmissingnin
I don't remember anything from Advent Children that would lead me to believe he could take the majority from Spider-man.

StyleTime
I agree. I don't see him taking Spiderman without "Knights of the Round or other shite" as Soljer puts it.

Artemis1860
Can't see him getting past spidey.

guy222
Originally posted by Soljer

Note: Fanboys will be added to the ignore list IMMEDIATELY. I advise everyone else to do similarly, rather than argue with the idiots.
1. Catwoman
2. Ra's Al Ghul
3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Hawkman
6. Namor the Sub-Mariner
7. Captain Mar-Vell
9. Green Lantern (Hal)
10. Thanos

Stops at Spidey

Nikkolas
Cap will be difficult thanks to his shield and skill and Spidey will be downright extreme for Cloud.

---IF--- he gets passed those two, no way he's getting passed Hawkman.

And NO effin' way is he taking Namor.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Fascinating thread. Stops at Spidey.

Hannibal-Lector
Im a huge final fantasy fan but id say he stops at 8. Just to tell you his feats from the movies involve flying, having at least enough strength to cut through strike with enough force to bring a several hundred ton beast to the ground (Bahamut Sin) and agile enough to deflect bullets, and out manoover a teleporter. That said he still would be incenerated by blackbolts whisper. For those who say that he survived a blast from Bahamut which is at least as destructive, for those who dont know the intricut details in that movie, Cloud dies on 3 occations:
1. While riding his motercycle he purposesly suicide crashes (you dont actually see it but Aeris brings him back telling him to start forgiving himself)
2. From Bahamuts blast but Aeris again brings him back
3. At the very end when shot and blasted by materia from Yazoo and Loz (the two other silver haired men) and once again, Aeris brings him back

That is the actual fact about those scenes for those who seek confirmation, it was confirmed by Kazushige Nojima (the writer of Advent Childrens plot) during a convention

That is going by the movie version by the way. By game version, he would be Jenova enhanced which would give him similar agility and strength of id say the comic equivalent of the green goblin. Then again he can summon meteors and tornados, shoot arc shaped beams as well as cut people in 15 times in 3.29 seconds

King_Mungi
I don't see how he is going to stop Hawkman who can move at multiple mach speeds, plus blows that have rocked Superman, Martian Manhunter, Despero, etc.

Hannibal-Lector
Originally posted by King_Mungi
I don't see how he is going to stop Hawkman who can move at multiple mach speeds, plus blows that have rocked Superman, Martian Manhunter, Despero, etc.

isnt that only with the claw of horus? other wise he's a 1-2 class tops

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Hannibal-Lector
isnt that only with the claw of horus? other wise he's a 1-2 class tops

Nope with his mace, he even knocked out multiple teeth of Despero with a single strike

Actually not true, he has lifted spaceships, helicopters, commerical airplanes, etc. He is far more then class 1-2

llagrok
Might pass 4 and 5, definitely not going past 6.

Soljer
I'd say he certainly makes it to Hawkman.

There, I dunno.

xmarksthespot
I'd say he'd make it past Spider-Man at the least too...

Soljer
Bump.

xmarksthespot
I don't think he'd beat Namor... despite that Namor's been shown vulnerable to piercing attacks...

Which really only leaves whether he could beat Hawkman... based on what Mungi said probably not.. although I think I'll peruse the Hawkman thread to see a bit for myself.

King_Mungi
Here's just a few scans of many..
===
Strength:
1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/Hawkman_24-14.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/JLA70_VirtueVice.jpg

Enhanced vision
1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/Identity_Crisis_02_Page_04.jpg

Badass..nuff said
1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-47-003.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-47-004.jpg
3. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-47-005.jpg
4. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-47-006.jpg
5. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/hm-47-007.jpg

Reaper777

1. Catwoman
2. Ra's Al Ghul
3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Hawkman
6. Namor the Sub-Mariner
7. Captain Mar-Vell
9. Green Lantern (Hal)
10. Thanos

I don't know much about Mar-vell, or black bolt...But as bad as cloud is, I know he can't get past Hal or thanos,

He stops at 9.....Unless mar-vell or black bolt can stop him

Soljer
Personally, I think he may be able to take Namor. Maybe/maybe not Hawkman....

But he certainly won't be taking out Mar-Vell or Black Bolt, unless he is loaded down with Materia.

Superboy Prime
IMO beating Spider-Man is giving Cloud way too much credit.

Soljer
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
IMO beating Spider-Man is giving Cloud way too much credit.

If that's the case, then I very much doubt that you watched both Advent Children and Last Order. erm.

Superboy Prime
I own both in fact. And just so you know Cloud was a piece shit for most of Last Order; and the way he soaked damage when Sephiroth impaled him was nice, but he was still completely ****ed after that.

But Spider-Man is as fast as Cloud and has superior strength, has the nasty spider-sense and the webbing.

SeerQris
Ends with Peter.

Soljer
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I own both in fact. And just so you know Cloud was a piece shit for most of Last Order; and the way he soaked damage when Sephiroth impaled him was nice, but he was still completely ****ed after that.

But Spider-Man is as fast as Cloud and has superior strength, has the nasty spider-sense and the webbing.

Zack in last order seemed at least as fast as Spiderman. Not even including how much more powerful Cloud became throughout the actual game all the way to the end of Advent Children. erm.

And Cloud was plenty strong enough to take out Bahamut, slash straight through buildings, and go toe to toe with Sephiroth.

I don't want to sound like one of the typical Cloud fanboys - but, I really think that imagining Spiderman to take him out is severely underrating Cloud. erm.

Superboy Prime
Zack in last order seemed at least as fast as Spiderman. Not even including how much more powerful Cloud became throughout the actual game all the way to the end of Advent Children. erm.

And Cloud was plenty strong enough to take out Bahamut, slash straight through buildings, and go toe to toe with Sephiroth.

I don't want to sound like one of the typical Cloud fanboys - but, I really think that imagining Spiderman to take him out is severely underrating Cloud. erm.

Cloud could not have dealt with Bahamut's Mega Flare without the aid of Barret, Vincent, Yuffie, Red XIII, Cid & Tifa. Sephiroth was toying with Cloud in case you didn't know.

Slashing through buildings is nice, but don't forget Spider-Man can lift up to 15 tons himself. His punches will pack a punch. His speed will keep him safe from Cloud for the most part, and the Spider-Sense will warn him of any tricks up Cloud's sleeves.

I am not saying Spider-Man curbstomps Cloud. However IMO it is very debatable if Cloud can take a majority from Spidey. Especially considering Parker's experience and the way most of the time he is the underdog in his fights.

TricksterPriest
Spidey will be tough, but I could see Cloud taking him. Hawkman however.....I don't think Cloud can put him down. Having porused Hawkman's respect thread, I'll say this: dude is way underrated. Carter Hall is a freaking beast. cool

Full materia: He might get past Mar-vel barely, but he's not stopping Black Bolt.

Hannibal-Lector
I just say cloud makes a tornado and drops spidy some where... i guess your all ignoring the game version of him (finishing touch)

Artemis1860
but spidey's abilities border on precog, sorry, i'm an avid fan of ffvii, but cloud can't beat him.

boriquaking55
I'll give Cloud the benefit of the doubt and say he just passes by Spidey. I can't see him beating Namor though.

Soops220
Cloud w/black chocobo ftw

xmarksthespot
Does no Knights of the Round and shite preclude casting any magic?

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does no Knights of the Round and shite preclude casting any magic?

It's hard to say; it should certainly be an innate part of his character, but it's hard to say what the limit is.

xmarksthespot
Hmm... well casting Fira or Thundara doesn't seem too bad... but then you have things like casting Comet or Ultima...

Hannibal-Lector
casting comet shouldnt be considered stretching his power,, remember meteor rain? thats not with any materia and is inherit powers

Soljer
That's the other thing - how 'allowed' is he to his limit breaks? He whipped them out whenever he felt like it in Advent Children...

xmarksthespot
YouTube of Cloud's limit breaks in Advent Children...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-QzYLrc28

I don't think he did them whenever he wanted... but then it didn't really seem like there was a specific requirement either...

Hannibal-Lector
He doesnt whip them out wenever, only in a critical time of stress... but then again you only need one meteor.... or tornado... or omnislash (which by the way takes place under a second... its just slowed down for us to comprehend)

xmarksthespot
With that in mind I can see him taking down Spider-Man... possibly Hawkman and even Namor... but I can't see him going any further than that...

illadelph12
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
YouTube of Cloud's limit breaks in Advent Children...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-QzYLrc28

I don't think he did them whenever he wanted... but then it didn't really seem like there was a specific requirement either...

Damn...

...has Cloud been mentioned in the character tiering thread yet? He's at the least Mid-Meta.

Soljer
Originally posted by illadelph12
Damn...

...has Cloud been mentioned in the character tiering thread yet? He's at the least Mid-Meta.

That's EXACTLY why I made this thread - to get a better gauge of where he belongs.

illadelph12
Good idea. I never really got into Final Fantasy coming up. I was more into Ninja Gaiden / Rygar / Actraiser / ChronoTrigger.

That clip is very impressive.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by illadelph12
Good idea. I never really got into Final Fantasy coming up. I was more into Ninja Gaiden / Rygar / Actraiser / ChronoTrigger.

That clip is very impressive.

Lavos for transcendant. big grin

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Lavos for transcendant. big grin

Get on topic, or out of the thread, you anti-FF-ite!

stick out tongue.

illadelph12
laughing

I think that goes without saying...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.