So this means I'm disgusting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
In the Words of Marshall. So what things disgust you.

Example: Watching Real life operations on real living people on TV.

mah
american patriotic war movies.

Mujaffa
Happy Dance

Raz
U-571 is a perfect example of twisting history.

Raz
Something that really disgusts is watching to very large lorrys trying to overtake each other on a two lane road, causing miles of traffic behind them!

Mujaffa
them bastards

yerssot
I hear ya m8!
that was VERY annoying!

a few things annoy me but for the sake of it, I'll stick with mah's post for the time being...

and btw... Pearl Harbor... BLEURGH

Raz
Peal Harbor followed history best it could.

There is nothing wrong with patriotism. It is quite healthy and unites people.

yerssot
that wasn't aimed at being compared to U-571

mah
depends..how often its used in what situations and for what wished result. if I see one more soldier on film, gun in hand and the american flag waving in the wind in the background I'm gonna throw up.

yerssot
*quickly searches in his fotoarchives* big grin

Thomas H
I agree with you on the PH thing, almost everything they had in the movie is right! Even when Hartnett and Afflec jumps in the planes and shoots down 8 planes..that happend!!!!!!!

yerssot
again, my post was NOT about how unreal PH was or how hard they were twisting the truth!

Ushgarak
I am pretty sure those two didn't do it...

Thomas H
do what...talking about hartnett and afflec? It where their fathers who flew! hehhe

BackFire349
i agree with mah. thats why i dont watch most of the new war movies, they are glorify the wars and make it seem as though us americans can do no wrong. which couldnt be farther then the truth.

Thomas H
yea yea yea.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ushgarak
Anyway, Pearl Harbour is rather notorious for its historical inaccuracies- as Disney pointed out in its defence, it is a love story, not a historical documentary.

Mind you, having Evelyn walk past a building marked "Est. 1953" is rather amusing...

BackFire349
that makes it all better.

yerssot
who?

Captain REX
I fell asleep during U-571...

*yawns*

No shotguns, or martial arts, or...

*falls asleep*

Lara
when I saw saving Private Ryan, I thought I was going to throw up big style. it was proper disgusting!

finti
reality of war

Lara
yeah! and the world is gradually creeping into martial law status!

yerssot
SPR was stupid imo

Ushgarak
In what sense stupid?

BackFire349
i agree yerss, i dont understand why it got so much praise, it had ONE good scene, the rest was the normal american glorification.

Ushgarak
Was it? Aside from, the sugary start and ending it all seemed rather grim to me.

yerssot
I must have missed that scene then!

mah
technically speaking it was a good film, but I didnt like it at all.

yerssot
technically communism works too roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
what? point is, you cannot deny that the technical aspects of the film was good. yet I didnt like it cause of its way of presenting the happenings.

yerssot
every movie has to be technical well, otherwhise it wouldn't be a good movie

mah
and your point with that in regards to this debate is?

Ushgarak
Err... yes. And it WAS technically done well (which is 'technically' in a WHOLE different sesne than the way you use it with communism), and hence it is a good film.

BackFire349
it did nothing new for the war genre, besided use all the cliches of the war genre and get praise for some reason.

yerssot
that I don't like the movie big grin

mah
yet you pointed out if its technically good, the film is good.

yerssot
I did not!

BackFire349
its average at best.

Ushgarak
That's certainly what you seemed to point out, yerss.

Anyway, Band of Brothers was better.

finti
It was an ok movie

Lara
I saw the TV series of BoB's and I thought it was a good, (including all the gorge acters) historical representation and about the only thing about war that I could withstand watching without wanting to throw up.

yerssot
tip: don't watch the news

finti
why not

yerssot
I'll let her find out

Lara
no! I dont have that much time to watch TV, why dont you just tell me! and stop being difficult

mah
it's just yerss who thinks watching the violence on the news would hurt your fragile little mind.

Lara
I could quite easily hurt his FRAGILE LITTLE MIND *grits teeth and emits a load deep throat growl*

Corran
did you say 'deep throat'?

yerssot
hmmm; aren't we touchy this life roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lara
*growls at yerss again!* pain in the ass!

corran, indeed I did say "deep throat", why?

queeq
He's touching your ass????????????

jayride
Have any of the men here had the chance to watch a live vasectomy on the Learning or Discovery Channels, then had the horrible misfortune of watching a reverse-vasectomy afterwords?

If not, then please I beg you! DO NOT WATCH IT! Empathy for the poor guy will keep you in pain for days. sick

_____________and you're banana won't feel like dancing. Happy Dance

Corran
Without watching I already feel the pain.

IT's just one of the favourite things I like to hear females say. wink evil face

Ushgarak
There is a good website about that, actually...

finti
about Deep throat?????????

Lara
I guess you mean "deep throat" in a different context, dont you, corran?

no one touching my arse queeq, I was simply saying that yerss is a pain in the rear!

Jayride, what has a vasectom got to do with anything? complete change of subject!

Corran
it depends what context you mean, but yes I guess it does seem that I mean it in the good way and you do not. wink

Lara
wink wink wink wink wink wink I UNDERSTAND!

Ushgarak
And Finti, yes...

Lara
what are you chattin jibberish about now?

Ushgarak
I am saying yes to what Finti asked.

Lara
ok I know whta your talking about now! not sure if I want to comment on it though....

Ushgarak
Probably best not to on the open board...

Lara
exactly what I thought. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Feel free to in private, though.

(Looks at everyone else)

What?

queeq
Why not?

Ushgarak
Oh good...

queeq
She can do it here.

Ushgarak
Err... intriuging, but maybe not a good idea...

queeq
Let the rest of us be the judge of that. evil face

Ushgarak
Well, we can always open up queeq's pervy sex thread for that sort of thing... I am sure it would be very popular.

queeq
I have a pervy sex thread?????? URL please! big grin

Ushgarak
I thought you might open it!

queeq
How dare you suggest that. I keep all my pervy sex activities confined to the closet. You may buy the DVD series though. wink

Lara
laughing laughing laughing

queeq
Now THAT she likes...

Lara
and what about you monsieur?

queeq
Just jump, and I'm happy. big grin

Lara
check the Mud Wrestling thread for that my friend!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.