Batman VS Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
No Prep time,fighting in the city.
Cap has his shield, and batman has everything that is usually at his disposal as far as gadgets.

Personally, a man with near superhuman refelxes, endurance , strength and a shield that never misses along with an extensive history in hand to hand combat, i think drops the bat.

thoughts?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Cap has his shield, and batman has everything that is usually at his disposal as far as gadgets.

Personally, a man with near superhuman refelxes, endurance , strength and a shield that never misses along with an extensive history in hand to hand combat, i think drops the bat.

thoughts?

Bruce

Juntai
Batman.

srankmissingnin
Cap

Darth Martin
Batman because he is more versatile. Cap has no resistance against gas pellets.

Priest
Shield throw to the grill ftw.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Priest
Shield throw to the grill ftw.

hasn't this been done before?

Citizen V
Captain America.

guy222
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

thoughts?

Bruce

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Darth Martin

There out in the open Cap can just walk away. eek!

Caps Conscience
If Cap catches him just one time the fight is over.

Laminator_X
Cap takes a majority, but not easily (surely this is a dupe thread).

Alfheim
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Ermmm hold his breath he did it with Paladin but because they were in a enclosed space he couldnt do it forever.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ermmm hold his breath he did it with Paladin but because they were in a enclosed space he couldnt do it forever. I was thinking the same thing. Cap has been around the block; he isn't going to just inhale gas fumes, and the fight is taking place in the city, so he there's nothing forcing him to stay in a gassed area.

Cap takes 6/10. Batman wins the other 4 due to the cityscape and his stealth.

Badabing
Batman wins. Exploding batarangs, sonics, gas pellets, etc.

Also, it's been done. batmanwave

http://74.54.17.44/forums/f77/t299663.html

Daredevil1
Cap 6/10

DesRayMan
It could go either way, but i guess Cap takes it 5.5/10, due to the shield having bigger effect on this match

Alfheim
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman wins. Exploding batarangs, sonics, gas pellets, etc.

Sonics are part of standard equipment? I dont see how explosives and gas pellets pose a threat, its not like he hasnt dealt with them before. Hasnt Cap gone thrpough deathtraps created by the Red Skull?

braz
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ermmm hold his breath he did it with Paladin but because they were in a enclosed space he couldnt do it forever.

Okay. fine. Flashbangs then.

Soljer
In a pure physical fight, Cap'd win the majority by at least a couple wins.

In an all out fight - Batman has too many options. He could just EMP Captain America for the win.

kevdude
Batman would win in the end, not saying it would be easy either.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I was thinking the same thing. Cap has been around the block; he isn't going to just inhale gas fumes, and the fight is taking place in the city, so he there's nothing forcing him to stay in a gassed area.

Cap takes 6/10. Batman wins the other 4 due to the cityscape and his stealth. I agree. Unless I'm unaware of a fight where Cap's been overwhelmed by a cadre of traps/devices or by someone who's used an arsenal of gadgets (Wizard or Black Panther? Cap ever lose to them?), I don't see Batman's arsenal being that great a tipping factor here.
Originally posted by Soljer

In an all out fight - Batman has too many options. He could just EMP Captain America for the win. I agree with the first statement. But out of pure curiousity, how would an emp affect Cap? confused And wouldn't an emp screw up Batman's gadgets?

Soljer
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I agree. Unless I'm unaware of a fight where Cap's been overwhelmed by a cadre of traps/devices or by someone who's used an arsenal of gadgets (Wizard or Black Panther? Cap ever lose to them?), I don't see Batman's arsenal being that great a tipping factor here.
I agree with the first statement. But out of pure curiousity, how would an emp affect Cap? confused And wouldn't an emp screw up Batman's gadgets?

I really don't know, to be honest.

Apparently Batman has an EMP specifically tuned to the electical signals in a person's head.

(Paraphrasing)

Batman: My cowl protects me from the effects of an EMP. How's your head?

*drops to the ground*.

snoopdogg
Batmana wins 5.5 out of ten in h2h. Full use of normal gadgets he wins around 8/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Batmana wins 5.5 out of ten in h2h. Full use of normal gadgets he wins around 8/10.

Batman loses 7/10 Hand to Hand, and wins about the same with gadgets.

ragesRemorse
I

Apparently Batman has an EMP specifically tuned to the electical signals in a person's head.

laughing

Priest
Cap slugs it out with the hulk no expression

Bouboumaster
Cap gives a match to Spider-Man and Wolverine, who are both ways beyound Batman.

I give it to Cap 6/10.

Soljer
Cap slugs it out with the hulk no expression

And that makes him resistant to EMP or knockout gas...how?

Priest
And that makes him resistant to EMP or knockout gas...how?
hmmm, CL100 punch does more damage in general than EMP or gas stick out tongue

Seriously, a solid sheild throw would be enough to knock bruce on his ass, and out.

OneDumbG0
If the cowl can protect Batman's head from an emp, Cap's shield should protect him also. Gas in a cityscape? I don't see that being a factor. When someone shows me Cap getting taken out by a guy with gadgets, I'll consider it some more. Otherwise, I honestly think Bats resorting to gadgets would be needless distraction diverting Batman's focus on the fight. He'll need it.

Some might yell fanboy, but I could imagine a Karate Kid repeat and Cap steals Batman's belt by sacrificing his shield, a la 'Origins' fight with Wolverine. And at that point, its pure h2h ftw.

Alfheim

In an all out fight - Batman has too many options. He could just EMP Captain America for the win.

Didnt Iron Man try that? I dont think thats standard equipment.

snoopdogg
Batman loses 7/10 Hand to Hand, and wins about the same with gadgets. No he does not.

Juntai
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
If the cowl can protect Batman's head from an emp, Cap's shield should protect him also. Gas in a cityscape? I don't see that being a factor. When someone shows me Cap getting taken out by a guy with gadgets, I'll consider it some more. Otherwise, I honestly think Bats resorting to gadgets would be needless distraction diverting Batman's focus on the fight. He'll need it.

Some might yell fanboy, but I could imagine a Karate Kid repeat and Cap steals Batman's belt by sacrificing his shield, a la 'Origins' fight with Wolverine. And at that point, its pure h2h ftw. His shield is going to protect the impulses in his brain from an electromagnetic-pulse attack?

Priest
Originally posted by Juntai
His shield is going to protect the impulses in his brain from an electromagnetic-pulse attack?
iron man tired that and it didn't work.
Tiny even said that a normal person would have been Koed, well something alone those lines..

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
His shield is going to protect the impulses in his brain from an electromagnetic-pulse attack? Yes. Cap's shield reflects/absorbs anything. Electromagnetic pulse is still electromagnetic radiation and it still follows a wavelength pattern in a stream of particles. That stream of particles isn't going to wrap around his shield. Human Torch's point blank nova flame attack doesn't even wrap around his shield and Cap would have by all rights been engulfed in it as he would by many other similar attacks. And if they did somehow wrap around his shield, then they'd wrap around Batman's cowl and penetrate his skull through his uncovered mouth part. Follow?
iron man tired that and it didn't work.
Tiny even said that a normal person would have been Koed, well something alone those lines.. Tony, you mean? The sonic disrupter in Civil War? Yeah, out of his entire team that included the likes of Cable, Luke Cage, the android Vision, and Hulking, only Cap and Hercules were able to fight it. And Cap was fighting it after getting royally pummeled by Iron Man and blitzed through a brick wall. So yeah, I don't think an emp batarang would be much for Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.