If There Is One Huge Misfire In Begins, It's Rachel Dawes As Batman's Chick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SelinaAndBruce
The Rachel Dawes character is so unnecessary and so damned annoying. I think she might be the worst film Bat girlfriend ever even behind Nicole Kidnman's Chase Meridian the overly horny for Batman psychiatrist I lovingly named Batho

Alfheim
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
The Rachel Dawes character is so unnecessary and so damned annoying. I think she might be the worst film Bat girlfriend ever even behind Nicole Kidnman's Chase Meridian the overly horny for Batman psychiatrist I lovingly named Batho

I must admit she was slightly annoying. Especially the bit where she slapped Bruce in the face for wanting to kill Joe. Hey the guy only killed his parents in cold blood whys Bruce gettong so cranky for?

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Alfheim
I must admit she was slightly annoying. Especially the bit where she slapped Bruce in the face for wanting to kill Joe. Hey the guy only killed his parents in cold blood whys Bruce gettong so cranky for?
She was just so damned smarmy and preachy about everything. No sexual chemistry with Batman/Bruce at all but that may be Katie Holmes's fault more than anything. But still the character overall sucks ass and was not needed. There's a large arsenal of Batgirlfriends to choose from. Why bother creating a new girlfriend for him if she is going to be such an absolute dud

Alfheim
She was just so damned smarmy and preachy about everything. No sexual chemistry with Batman/Bruce at all but that may be Katie Holmes's fault more than anything. But still the character overall sucks ass and was not needed. There's a large arsenal of Batgirlfriends to choose from. Why bother creating a new girlfriend for him if she is going to be such an absolute dud

laughing Well I think she was sligthly irritating but not a complete loss. Why does there have to be sexual chemistry their childhood friends.

SelinaAndBruce
laughing Well I think she was sligthly irritating but not a complete loss. Why does there have to be sexual chemistry their childhood friends.
I get they are childhood friends but it seems like they are trying to build a long term story arc with a possible romance between them. That was the impression I got and the character to me is not what I want for a girlfriend for Bruce. And sure my name shows my obvious bias where that is concerned but I have liked other Batgirlfriends. This one simply blows.

Do you think they will introduce someone into the series to be his girlfriend other than Dawes?

Alfheim
I get they are childhood friends but it seems like they are trying to build a long term story arc with a possible romance between them. That was the impression I got and the character to me is not what I want for a girlfriend for Bruce. And sure my name shows my obvious bias where that is concerned but I have liked other Batgirlfriends. This one simply blows.

I think you have to give it some time, bare in miond its the first movie.

Do you think they will introduce someone into the series to be his girlfriend other than Dawes?

The way things are going no, but what they might do is introduce another love interest like Posion Ivy. As far as I know Rachel is going to be in the next movie.

SelinaAndBruce
I think you have to give it some time, bare in miond its the first movie.

The way things are going no, but what they might do is introduce another love interest like Posion Ivy. As far as I know Rachel is going to be in the next movie.
I hope the Joker kills her

Alfheim

laughing Damn you really dont like her? Hey but you dont like the Joker that much either. Anyway I think im quite liberal when it comes to Batman movies unless it really sux I dont mind.

Damn Batman Forever was on Tv the other day, didnt watch it properly....man that film sucked.

NoFate007
I think they might have Joker kill her in TDK. Other than that, they could possibly have some other love interests popping up. We may find Selina as a character in #3 or something even simpler like Vicki Vale being his girlfriend and not having much screen time. Then there is Silver, Gleason, etc.

Il.Mozalini
I like the idea of the character alot...they just should've got someone who could act. I think they are correcting the problem by replacing Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I don't see them realistically adding any more love interests. It doesn't make sense for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
I like the idea of the character alot...they just should've got someone who could act. I think they are correcting the problem by replacing Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I don't see them realistically adding any more love interests. It doesn't make sense for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie.

But then again, he IS Bruce Wayne after all... Chicks love the guy... I think it's very realistic for Bruce to pick up a new woman every movie, just don't make it seem like the others never existed, a la B&R... As long as they get some screen time or are mentioned, I'm fine with it... And also as long as they don't find out he's Batman in every movie...

sithsaber408
laughing out loud at the thread title.

It's true, I watched Begins yesterday and was enjoying the heck out of Bale, Caine, Freeman, Neeson, Oldman, etc...

And then during all the chaos of the prisoners of Arkham being set free...

Cop: "Ma'am, you can't go this way."
Holmes (flippantly with a little head toss): "I'm a Gotham city district attorney, let me through."

sick

As for the character herself, Rachel's as good as dead.

http://a744.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/76/l_ce11925d5f40b28a863acc8a933b9e17.jpg

And remember the teaser: "They crossed the line."

It will make the Joker a real bastard, and make Bruce truly the DARK knight.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

The Joker might, but with Maggie Gyllanhaal as the new Rachel, she may be around for a few films.

SelinaAndBruce
laughing Damn you really dont like her? Hey but you dont like the Joker that much either. Anyway I think im quite liberal when it comes to Batman movies unless it really sux I dont mind.

Damn Batman Forever was on Tv the other day, didnt watch it properly....man that film sucked.
I don't like the character. She just sucks and is unnecessary. Begins would have actually been way better without the character.

O and Batman Forever does suck. It's just a bad movie period. And I can't STAND Batho!

Altar[1stONE]
I know , that scene always bugged me as well. Not only does she slap him , she does it twice, which looks awkward. I would slap her back LOL

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Altar
I know , that scene always bugged me as well. Not only does she slap him , she does it twice, which looks awkward. I would slap her back LOL
"How could you? I'm a woman!" laughing

Ultimate Hulk43
That ***** BETTER DIE!

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
The Joker might, but with Maggie Gyllanhaal as the new Rachel, she may be around for a few films.

Yes, I agree. If the character doesn't die, I don't see them replacing Maggie, nor do I see her quitting. Over all it's better for the franchise with her there(instead of Katie Holmes).

Alfheim
"How could you? I'm a woman!" laughing

haha..batman returns right?

Mr Parker
Naw,no girl can be as annoying as Mrs Tom Cruise at THAT time-the annoying Nicole Kidman as Chase Meridian,not even close.Actually I would say the BIGGEST misfire in Batman Begins was the look of the batmobile. sick mad big grin god they better improve on the look of it for The Dark Knight.

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Naw,no girl can be as annoying as Mrs Tom Cruise at THAT time-the annoying Nicole Kidman as Chase Meridian,not even close.Actually I would say the BIGGEST misfire in Batman Begins was the look of the batmobile. sick mad big grin god they better improve on the look of it for The Dark Knight.
It's funny because I thought that was going to be the biggest thing that bugged me and overall it really didn't. I was prepared to hate the Tumbler and I didn't.

That's why even when I am unhappy with the pictures I am seeing of Joker from TDK or the Batsuit I am still waiting to see the film for final judgment because sometimes the context of the film makes a huge difference and can make something that seem absurd work.

However, Rachel Dawes IMO might not ever work laughing

DARKLORDCAEDUS
It's funny because I thought that was going to be the biggest thing that bugged me and overall it really didn't. I was prepared to hate the Tumbler and I didn't.

That's why even when I am unhappy with the pictures I am seeing of Joker from TDK or the Batsuit I am still waiting to see the film for final judgment because sometimes the context of the film makes a huge difference and can make something that seem absurd work.

However, Rachel Dawes IMO might not ever work laughing

Do you think that Maggie Gyllanhaal will be a lot better than Katie Cruise?

SelinaAndBruce
Do you think that Maggie Gyllanhaal will be a lot better than Katie Cruise?
I think there is no doubt she will be. It would be a total out of left field thing if she wasn't but I just don't like the character. I don't think she would be a good Batman love interest to me she didn't seem interesting or complex she was just a goody goody and that's it.

SelinaAndBruce
haha..batman returns right?
Yup! big grin

Mr Parker
Hey Selina,check out my post to you I made in the star wars original movies 4 5 and 6 section on the Luke kissing Leia thread. big grin

tlbauerle
Y'know...this next movie is the DARK knight. What would make Bruce go the dark side more than have Rachel, his childhood friend, get sliced and diced by the Joker?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Y'know...this next movie is the DARK knight. What would make Bruce go the dark side more than have Rachel, his childhood friend, get sliced and diced by the Joker?

That or possibly something else.

Whisper
It would be REALLY nice to see a Batman (or any other superhero movie for that matter) movie without ANY love interest! Quit with the chicks and give us more scenes of action and brooding!

Ultimate Hulk43
Every superhero usually needs a love interest. The movie shouldn't be only about the hero & love interest but the hero should have one.

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by Whisper
It would be REALLY nice to see a Batman (or any other superhero movie for that matter) movie without ANY love interest! Quit with the chicks and give us more scenes of action and brooding!

Yes exactly.

Ultimate Hulk43
I still disagree.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Whisper

But Bruce Wayne needs beautiful women... I mean, that's part of his act, right?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Bat Dude
But Bruce Wayne needs beautiful women... I mean, that's part of his act, right?

Men like Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark will always have a beautiful woman at their side.

Ultimate Hulk43
Bruce Wayne always gets tail & that's how it should always be.

SelinaAndBruce
Yeah no love interest and girls are gonna zone out IMO. Plus good love stories complicate the heroes life

Ultimate Hulk43
Anybody got some good photos of the actress portraying Rachel Dawes in 'TDK'?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Anybody got some good photos of the actress portraying Rachel Dawes in 'TDK'?

http://www.latinoreview.com/images/user/MaggieGyllenhaal.jpg

http://broadwayworld.com/photoops/pillowmanarrivals/maggie_gyllenhaal.jpg

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1282/MaggieGyllenhaal_DeGuire_258282_400.jpg

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/m/maggie_gyllenhaal/thumbnails/tn2_maggie_gyllenhaal_1.jpg
(that one's my personal fave)

All in all, she's a lovely actress imo and will be leaps and bounds better than Mrs. Cruise...

Alfheim

http://upload.moldova.org/movie/actors/m/maggie_gyllenhaal/thumbnails/tn2_maggie_gyllenhaal_1.jpg

All in all, she's a lovely actress imo and will be leaps and bounds better than Mrs. Cruise...

Yeah she was in donnie darko wasnt she?

Bat Dude
Yeah she was in donnie darko wasnt she?

Yeah, her and Jake...

Ultimate Hulk43

Thanks for the pictures & I have to say, she has really nice boobs. And as far as her being cast in 'TDK' goes, she'll do fine.

DARKLORDCAEDUS

I like Maggie Gyllenhaal. She is a great choice to replace Mrs. Cruise.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Thanks for the pictures & I have to say, she has really nice boobs. And as far as her being cast in 'TDK' goes, she'll do fine.

*sigh* I dunno man that just sounds chavunist. Anyway she is nice but I odnt think its just physical she seems to have a nice character to.

NoFate007
Personally, I think Katie Holmes was much better looking than Maggie Gyllenhaal, but in terms of acting prowess, MG's got an advantage.

SelinaAndBruce
I don't think it matters if Rachel has the same attitude she will suck

DARKLORDCAEDUS
The acting I think should matter. I really don't think Nolan would hire someone to replace someone and not have better scenes between two actors.

SelinaAndBruce
The acting I think should matter. I really don't think Nolan would hire someone to replace someone and not have better scenes between two actors.
We'll see.

hermione7
agree with you guys..I didn't like the character of Rachel.. she's somehow boring..
I will always love Selina with Bruce hehe

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by hermione7
agree with you guys..I didn't like the character of Rachel.. she's somehow boring..
I will always love Selina with Bruce hehe

Do you think Nolan will introduce Catwoman in a future installment?

SelinaAndBruce
Do you think Nolan will introduce Catwoman in a future installment?
I hope not. With his whole realism bit she'll probably be wearing a real cat on her head or something lame like that laughing

Alfheim
I hope not. With his whole realism bit she'll probably be wearing a real cat on her head or something lame like that laughing

That was quite funny. laughing out loud

hermione7
lol
I can only wish nolan will introduce Selina.. not yet Catwoman..
that would be cool.. right

btw SelinaAndBruce
have you heard the old news that instead of Smallville.. WB have planned to make a young Bruce Wayne series and Selina is in there too.. like she's the love interest of Bruce there
what would happen if that happen

NoFate007
That could've worked out really well. Bruce obtaining/making gadgets in the position of Clark figuring out a new power (ala, instead of figuring out how to say, use his heat vision, Bruce would get the batmobile)...Selina as the love interest x2, since he'd be interested in both Selina and Catwoman...make him deal with Thorne and Falcone and the mobsters of the area to give you a lot of thugs to beat up and stuff...Joker as the main villain....Harvey Dent as his best friend pre-accident...Alfred and Lucius take the sort of "ma and pa Kent" roles in a way (no offense to Fox lol). They wouldn't have to worry about CGI problems (which is why Clark isn't flying) since the biggest CGI character you'd have would be Clayface and he isn't big enough that you'd need him in the first or even second season. I'd much rather see "Gotham" than "Smallville", just because of how the past season was merely "Lana Lang featuring Clark Kent complaining about Lana" and not a "Superman in the works" show.

xNIXSONx
hmmm If There IS One Huge Misfire in Batman 89, It's KEATON as half balding Batman....sorry it's Joker Killing Bruce Wayne's Parents

Bat Dude
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
hmmm If There IS One Huge Misfire in Batman 89, It's KEATON as half balding Batman....sorry it's Joker Killing Bruce Wayne's Parents

Was the Keaton shot really necessary?

SelinaAndBruce
Was the Keaton shot really necessary?
Someone dared point out something wrong with Batman Begins...so naturally the one of territorial Begins only fans felt the need to make a strike roll eyes (sarcastic)

Take that crap to the Batman 1989 thread please. I'd like to stick to the Rachel bashing

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by hermione7
lol
I can only wish nolan will introduce Selina.. not yet Catwoman..
that would be cool.. right

btw SelinaAndBruce
have you heard the old news that instead of Smallville.. WB have planned to make a young Bruce Wayne series and Selina is in there too.. like she's the love interest of Bruce there
what would happen if that happen
I'm not sure if a young Batman series would work as well as a young Superman one does but I would have to see how they would do it. But I wouldn't want Selina introduced so early. To tell you the truth that's one of the main reasons I don't like Smallville because I haven't kept up on Superman comics but I don't think she knew Clark her whole life as far as I knew and that bugs me. I'd rather see them have a bunch of different love interests as teens and meet their ladies of love as adults than have that contrived known each other all along crap.

Ultimate Hulk43
*sigh* I dunno man that just sounds chavunist. Anyway she is nice but I odnt think its just physical she seems to have a nice character to.

I wasn't saying she's a nice choice because she has big breast, I just think in general she's a good choice for this role.

hermione7
Originally posted by NoFate007
That could've worked out really well. Bruce obtaining/making gadgets in the position of Clark figuring out a new power (ala, instead of figuring out how to say, use his heat vision, Bruce would get the batmobile)...Selina as the love interest x2, since he'd be interested in both Selina and Catwoman...make him deal with Thorne and Falcone and the mobsters of the area to give you a lot of thugs to beat up and stuff...Joker as the main villain....Harvey Dent as his best friend pre-accident...Alfred and Lucius take the sort of "ma and pa Kent" roles in a way (no offense to Fox lol). They wouldn't have to worry about CGI problems (which is why Clark isn't flying) since the biggest CGI character you'd have would be Clayface and he isn't big enough that you'd need him in the first or even second season. I'd much rather see "Gotham" than "Smallville", just because of how the past season was merely "Lana Lang featuring Clark Kent complaining about Lana" and not a "Superman in the works" show.

wow.. that's cool.. that could happen..
maybe after Smallville..wish wish
hey hey .. got the outline of that series

http://www.kryptonsite.com/brucewayne/outline.htm

The Bruce Wayne TV project got far enough that a series bible mapping the program out had been prepared by Tim McCanlies. The series bible set out most of what would have been the "plan" for a five-year long series. Here are some highlights:

As detailed in the information about the pilot, Bruce Wayne begins with the lead character only days away from his 18th birthday. Him and his faithful manservant Alfred Pennyworth return to Gotham City so Bruce can sign Waynecorp over to the corporation's trustees. Of course, he gets there, and it seems that his family's company might not only be responsible for the decline of Gotham City and corruption within, but they may also be trying to kill him.

Bruce's #1 ally among the Gotham Police Department, then as he is now, is Detective Jim Gordon. Aside from Det. Gordon, the police force is full of corruption going all the way up to Gordon's boss, Lt. Flass.

Harvey Dent is Bruce Wayne's best friend. Harvey's a few years older; rich, spoiled, selfish, and bored. Harvey's studying corporate law, but his friendship with Bruce and the excitement therein might lead him to take a different route later in life. Harvey "has no shame," and is always trying to get Bruce to lighten up a bit.

Bruce has a number of interests in the show's first season, including the Gotham City Youth Shelter. Barbara Gordon hangs out there, but another woman who runs the shelter really catches Bruce's eye. She is Susan Dent, the very attractive sister of Harvey, and of course, with it being the WB, love interest for young Bruce Wayne. Also vying for Bruce's attention is a young TV gossip reporter named Vicky Vale, and a psychology student named Harleen Quinzel may also be in Bruce's future...

A few other folks from Batman's future make their way through. There's the mysterious "consultant" Selena Kyle, a would-be comedian (described as "Sam Kinison but angrier"wink named Jack Napier, and a kid from Smallville, Kansas named Clark Kent. Bruce meets Clark as he is in town for a WayneCorp sponsored conference of high school journalists. Bruce dismisses Clark at first as a nice kid from the sticks, but then he starts to realize there's something odd about this farm boy.

"There's a newspaper editors convention in Gotham City," writer McCanlies himself explained in a 2004 interview, "and this kid Clark Kent shows up. Bruce wants nothing to do with him, but for some reason they're thrown together. He keeps trying to lose this kid but he can't. You have to know who Clark Kent is to get the joke. I never reveal who this guy is. He's just this very surprising 16-year-old from Smallville, Kansas."

As the series progresses, Bruce becomes more and more intrigued and fascinated by the criminal element. He spends time at Arkham Asylum, observing the felons within. He restores Wayne Manor, and brings in a series of Martial Arts trainers. He buys sleek racing motorcycles, and realizes that in the helmet and leather, speeding through late at night, that it is quite a pleasure to be completely anonymous.

Towards the end of the first season, Bruce would find a large cavern underneath Wayne Manor. He and Alfred bring in Polish workers in blacked-out planes and buses to set up what ultimately becomes the Bat Cave. (What, you thought he built it all himself?)

In later seasons, Bruce would take bigger steps, and we'd finally get an answer to such burning questions like "Why didn't he just become a policeman?" He joins the GCPD; it doesn't last. He then goes to the FBI academy; that, too, is a bust.

Bruce's skills grow as the series progresses. His skill in martial arts, already there when the show begins, is being perfected. He learns more about car racing, helicopter and airplane flying, gymnastics, and more. The world thinks that he's a fickle rich kid living it up and experiencing all that he can, but all of this work does lead to a purpose.

Once Bruce gains control of WayneCorp, he uses those resources to help him in his cause. Certain WayneCorp R&D in special weapons, prototypes, vehicles and such manages to disappear.... and of course, later ends up in Batman's arsenal. WayneCorp wins the bid to build the FBI's computer criminal database... and of course, Bruce has access.

Each episode would be framed with bookend scenes of an older Alfred telling the tale through his "memoirs" - an element that would later be seen to some extent with Birds of Prey.

Bruce starts off the series as an immature 17 year old, but Bruce Wayne ends where all of the previous Batman stories would begin, at that moment where Bruce figures out the best way to stop the criminal element in Gotham City, by becoming... a bat.

hermione7
I'm not sure if a young Batman series would work as well as a young Superman one does but I would have to see how they would do it. But I wouldn't want Selina introduced so early. To tell you the truth that's one of the main reasons I don't like Smallville because I haven't kept up on Superman comics but I don't think she knew Clark her whole life as far as I knew and that bugs me. I'd rather see them have a bunch of different love interests as teens and meet their ladies of love as adults than have that contrived known each other all along crap.

honestly yup that's where smallville is wrong.. lex and lois in there?
but I'm actually happy that Lois is in there.. because she's the reason I've watched Smallville..

xNIXSONx
Someone dared point out something wrong with Batman Begins...so naturally the one of territorial Begins only fans felt the need to make a strike roll eyes (sarcastic)

Take that crap to the Batman 1989 thread please. I'd like to stick to the Rachel bashing

lol alright

so yeah, that rachel dawes roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
I like Maggie Gyllenhaal. She is a great choice to replace Mrs. Cruise.

yeah no more freaking mrs cruise in anymore sequals.

Rafkins_Warning
I wish Maggie had played the role in Begins... then maybe the character wouldn't have been so damn repulsive and annoying! If Dawes dies in the Dark Knight, I will be sad only because I wanted to watch Katie Holmes die instead of Maggie Gyllenhaal!

MrCampion
She has to be better than what Homes did last time around. The weak link to an otherwise great film.

SelinaAndBruce
I just really hope the Joker redeems himself for looking so trashy and kills Rachel Dawes. I will appreciate him if he does that.

Il.Mozalini
I just really hope the Joker redeems himself for looking so trashy and kills Rachel Dawes. I will appreciate him if he does that.

Get over it.

MrCampion
If that is their opinion, then let them express it. Why feel threatened by it?

SelinaAndBruce
Originally posted by Il.Mozalini
Get over it.
Um... laughing

Il.Mozalini
Originally posted by MrCampion
If that is their opinion, then let them express it. Why feel threatened by it?

Oh, believe me, if people have terrible taste in actors and film, I am really REALLY not threatened by it.

MrCampion
That makes little sense in regards to your last post.

Il.Mozalini
If you say so

MrCampion
The only real question is whether Rachel will be as self-righteous as in the last film.

SelinaAndBruce
God I hope not. Her self righteousness was off the charts the last film. I wish Batman had given up his no kill policy and dropped her off a roof

MrCampion
Katie Holmes is a decent enough an actress (at least I liked her as the girl next door in Dawson's Creek, and was convincing in Abandon) but her Rachel was over the top in too many scenes with Bale's Bruce. I enjoyed the moment of come uppance when he as Batman turned her words back on her.
Rachel as a character ought to be a bit more compassionate and less judgemental this time and not just because its a different actress, of course if you get my meaning. The character should have matured a little.

SelinaAndBruce
I just think the character was sooo pointless. And if you are going to create a new character they should be as good and engaging like the character should have been there all along. Example: Batman TAS creating Harley Quinn. She wasn't really necessary or in the comics but she was a fun character and kind of created a niche for herself and the Joker's henchwoman. She's a keeper.

Rachel Dawes...she's a dishrag. Why keep her around anyway? Just kill her already to add to Batman's secret pain.

MrCampion
I thought she would be moved up to DA with this film but they are bringing in Harvey Dent.

Devil King
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Naw,no girl can be as annoying as Mrs Tom Cruise

Have you ever seen a Daryl Hannah movie?

Sado22
i think it's katie's fault. she had no chemistry and just seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else the whole time. i don't hate katie holmes like other people but i know bad acting when i see one. she didn't belong there.

and that slap scene was pretty stupid. i wouldn't hit her back if i was bruce...........but no one said anything about shooting the b!tch big grin

with katie out of the picture, i'm willing to give rachel a second chance. let's see. i just hope they introduce the darker side of bats. though badass, he still wasn't the batman we all love.

AND ONE MORE THING:
WHERE IS CATWOMAN?!!! mad

SelinaAndBruce
No Catwoman in the Nolanverse. My heart couldn't take it

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by Sado22
i think it's katie's fault. she had no chemistry and just seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else the whole time. i don't hate katie holmes like other people but i know bad acting when i see one. she didn't belong there.

and that slap scene was pretty stupid. i wouldn't hit her back if i was bruce...........but no one said anything about shooting the b!tch big grin

with katie out of the picture, i'm willing to give rachel a second chance. let's see. i just hope they introduce the darker side of bats. though badass, he still wasn't the batman we all love.

AND ONE MORE THING:
WHERE IS CATWOMAN?!!! mad

Chris Nolan may introduce her eventually.

Il.Mozalini
I kinda doubt it. I think the character's film career is pretty such dead thanks to Halle Berry.

Sado22
why did you remind me of that stinking pile of kitty litter!? sad

SelinaAndBruce
I loved Burton's quirky dark Catwoman but I think Catwoman is done for a while in film anyway and if the Joker's appearance is any indication I think I am straight on seeing her in this set of films

bychance
Rachael is hardly 'batman's chick'. Rachael has no connection to the mask that is 'Batman' -- she is BRUCE's friend.

I don't like the character. She just sucks and is unnecessary. Begins would have actually been way better without the character.

O and Batman Forever does suck. It's just a bad movie period. And I can't STAND Batho!

I understand you may dislike the portrayal, but the character is ESSENTIAL to Batman Begins, whether you like it or not.

Maggie was okay. I'm worried about Nolan's choices in his females roles. What's Katie Holmes doing in a movie with Morgan Freeman, Christian Bale and Gary Oldman? She doesn't look nearly old enough to be Bruce's childhood best friend, and they had absolutely no chemistry, which is what hurt the most. Hell the secretary Bruce was seducing had more chemistry between them than Katie, and that was all about, less than a minute?

SelinaAndBruce
I would say Rachel is kind of Batman's chick especially after how he flung himself out of the window after her, not to paraphrase the Joker or anything. Yes she is a pivotal part of the story but she didn't need to be constructed like that the movies could have worked without her and a more compelling female character in her place. She sucks.

Ridley_Prime
Whether or not she needed to be constructed as a pivotal character is just a matter of opinion. She was still essential to Batman Begins either way erm (TDK, not so much), even though there could have been a more compelling character.

But I did like how she tazered the Scarecrow. laughing out loud

SelinaAndBruce
I think that was an embarrassing end to the Scarecrow and she was pivotal in the Dark Knight as well as she was both Batman and Dent's weakness but I'm just saying they could have designed a much better character it seemed ridiculous that Bruce and Dent were fighting over such a drip.

Ridley_Prime
lol Indeed. That I can agree on. stick out tongue Unnecessary love triangle there.

lord xyz
I didn't like Rachel in Begins, but liked her in the Dark Knight.

The problem was probably just Mrs. Scientology. Not that good as an actor I don't think.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lord xyz
I didn't like Rachel in Begins, but liked her in the Dark Knight.

The problem was probably just Mrs. Scientology. Not that good as an actor I don't think.

exactly, katie holmes just cannot act, while maggie can

Scythe

Second.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
exactly, katie holmes just cannot act, while maggie can
Even so, I thought her performance as Rachel was a lot better than Maggie's. Don't see how anyone could've liked the Rachel in TDK to be honest. sick

Still, the only thing I see as "unnecessary" here is all the complaining about the character. I'm not a fan of her's or anything, and I know she's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but God damn. Can't we just give this thing a rest since she's dead and all? I mean, isn't that what you wanted?

Badabing
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Even so, I thought her performance as Rachel was a lot better than Maggie's. Don't see how anyone could've liked the Rachel in TDK to be honest. sick

Still, the only thing I see as "unnecessary" here is all the complaining about the character. I'm not a fan of her's or anything, and I know she's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but God damn. Can't we just give this thing a rest since she's dead and all? I mean, isn't that what you wanted? It's in the thread title to complain about the Rachel character. laughing out loud

SelinaAndBruce
I'm just saying Nolan's doing a fine job but Rachel was a drag if there ever was one, lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.