X-Men vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
X-Men

Cannonball

War Path (blades)

Colossus

Rogue

Storm

Polaris

Avengers

Iron Man

Ares (only axe)

Hercules

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

Vision

willRules
Can't Polaris can take down two Avengers without much effort???????????

nimbus006
I assume your reffering to Ironman and Vision... well i thought IM suite had some anti-magnetic defense on it, and as for Vision can Polaris affect him if he is intangible?

willRules
good points yes

Still I'm inclined to go with the X-men team. I think Polaris will really screw Iron-man and Vision around. Even if she can't take them down, even if they take her down, that's still two Avengers to one X-man and it's a close call. I'm gonna go with the X-men but this would be a great fight to read in a comic yes

Hitman911
WW solo's

nimbus006
Originally posted by willRules
good points yes

Still I'm inclined to go with the X-men team. I think Polaris will really screw Iron-man and Vision around. Even if she can't take them down, even if they take her down, that's still two Avengers to one X-man and it's a close call. I'm gonna go with the X-men but this would be a great fight to read in a comic yes

I agree took me a while to think of a good line-up for the X-Men. Its such a close call. When you line them up individually it seems so even. However, i too believe these X-Men would take a slight majority.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Hitman911
WW solo's

Who?

redhotrash
I think he meant Wonderman, who dont get me wrong is pretty badass, but I doubt it. A lot of the Avengers listed are more physically based fighters, and Rogue can currently kill someone instantly just by touching them. That combined with a shield from Polaris and Storm's weather slowing them down and I think its possible the X-Men can take this. However thats a pretty stacked Avengers team, so I dunno if I'd give them a majority. Would be a good fight

Blair Wind
Originally posted by willRules
Can't Polaris can take down two Avengers without much effort???????????

Iron Man designed his armor so that Magneto could not effect him, ever. Polaris would be no different. Magnetism cannot do anything to him.

Just saying...

2damnloud
Storm alone could desimate them easily.erm

The X-men ftw.

nimbus006
Originally posted by redhotrash
I think he meant Wonderman, who dont get me wrong is pretty badass, but I doubt it. A lot of the Avengers listed are more physically based fighters, and Rogue can currently kill someone instantly just by touching them. That combined with a shield from Polaris and Storm's weather slowing them down and I think its possible the X-Men can take this. However thats a pretty stacked Avengers team, so I dunno if I'd give them a majority. Would be a good fight

I agree Wonderman doesnt even come close to soloing this team. Rogue could very possibly take him on her own. I know it seems as though the Avengers team is more physically based, but they do have a few energy wielders. The most obvious being IM who has almost every energy based attack or defense you can think of. Next is Vision who can absorb solar energy and project it from his eyes. Finally, probably the least obvious is Ms. Marvel who can absorb and redirect almost any form of energy. You also have Wonderman who although might not be able to project energy he is made of ionic energy. Furthermore, Ares who granted is a primarily physical character does have some limited magical abilities being an Olympian and all.

Now if you compare them with the X-men its 3 to 4 in the energy projection department. Not bad odds at all. With Hercules, Ares, and Wonderman being your only characters without energy based attacks i would say their doing alright.

Still I think X-Men are somewhat suerpior and therefore take a small majority. 6/10

nimbus006
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iron Man designed his armor so that Magneto could not effect him, ever. Polaris would be no different. Magnetism cannot do anything to him.

Just saying...

Yea i was pretty sure about that just needed confirmation.

nimbus006
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm alone could desimate them easily.erm

The X-men ftw.

Storm is very powerful, but i disagree she cannot solo this team.

IM could take down Storm more often than not.

2damnloud
Originally posted by nimbus006
Storm is very powerful, but i disagree she cannot solo this team.

IM could take down Storm more often than not.

Yea, my bad. She doesn't solo them.

Why don't you pit each member against their "match" and work out some scenarios.

willRules

Just saying...

Ah right ok. But still what about vision, isn't that an avenger down as soon as Polaris looks at him???????? Even if his intangibility means he can avoid her powers, she just has to wait for the right moment yes

boriquaking55
Storm solo's the field, she's teh gawd-damned Str0m.

She cAn sh0ot light1ng b0ltZ ouT of h3r a5S thAt coulD kill skyfa7h3rs

Battlehammer
Ares (only axe)

Hercules

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

poleris could drop these four her self.

Symmetric Chaos
X-men without a ton of trouble.

MsMarvel and IM seem like the only ones who would be hard to take down erm

Battlehammer
ms marvel would go down in seconds just reverse her blood flow.

nimbus006
Yea, my bad. She doesn't solo them.

Why don't you pit each member against their "match" and work out some scenarios.

Well there pretty much in the order i had thought they would fight each other.

Ironman vs. Cannonball

Ares vs. Warpath (this would be fun to watch)

Hercules vs. Colossus

Wonderman vs. Rogue

Ms. Marvel vs. Storm

Vision vs. Polaris

willRules
Well there pretty much in the order i had thought they would fight each other.

Ironman vs. Cannonball

Ares vs. Warpath (this would be fun to watch)

Hercules vs. Colossus

Wonderman vs. Rogue

Ms. Marvel vs. Storm

Vision vs. Polaris

In my opinion winners are

Iron-man
Ares
Hercules
Rogue
Storm
Polaris

its still an even match, but with rogue just killing people and storm taking down Iron-man, the only threat is the two God's on the teams yes

Plus Cannonball is a bit of a wild card in this fight yes

batdude123
Polaris doesn't have to directly control or manipulate Iron Man's armor for her to win. She can simply blood rip him.

Akuki
X-men probably take this 6 0r 7 times out of ten, especially with Rogue having her death touch supercharged these days. Add that to the fact that Iron man will have a very large problem keeping his systems running with both a very high electricity user and a magnetic power user atacking him.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by batdude123
Polaris doesn't have to directly control or manipulate Iron Man's armor for her to win. She can simply blood rip him.

His tech doesnt allow for that. No one can do anything to the man inside the armor.

Alien tech could not teleport his body away from his armor because of this.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Akuki
X-men probably take this 6 0r 7 times out of ten, especially with Rogue having her death touch supercharged these days. Add that to the fact that Iron man will have a very large problem keeping his systems running with both a very high electricity user and a magnetic power user atacking him.

Electricity would just power him up, and magnetic powers would do nothing to his armor erm

Soljer
Electricity would just power him up, and magnetic powers would do nothing to his armor erm

I was thinking the same.

batdude123
His tech doesnt allow for that. No one can do anything to the man inside the armor.

Unless this was directly stated on panel with no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it, then I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.

Symmetric Chaos

Until they toss half the battlefield up his ass.

Soljer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Until they toss half the battlefield up his ass.

Spider-sense, millisecond reaction time, and mach travelling speeds for the win.

stick out tongue.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by batdude123
Unless this was directly stated on panel with no "ifs" "ands" or "buts" about it, then I'm gonna call bullshit on that one.

Sure....I have it....somewhere confused

I have so much stuff its hard to keep track

batdude123

Gracias mi amigo.

Soljer

I recall reading the same thing, though I don't exactly have the scan on hand.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Soljer
I recall reading the same thing, though I don't exactly have the scan on hand.

Possibly New Avengers # 20 when they went to Genosha to face the Collective and he took over Magneto...

Im almost positive he has anti-magnetic defenses. Ill try to find the book as well.

For those who say Storm is going to take out IM, I really dont see how sh is going to do that. IM moves much faster than her, and even if she manages to hit him with a bolt i dont think it will have a great deal of effect on him if any. In my opinion Cannonball has a better chance against IM than does Storm.

guy222
X-Men

Cannonball

War Path (blades)

Colossus

Rogue

Storm

Polaris

Avengers

Iron Man

Ares (only axe)

Hercules

Wonder Man

Ms. Marvel

Vision

x men take the majority

Blair Wind
Possibly New Avengers # 20 when they went to Genosha to face the Collective and he took over Magneto...

Im almost positive he has anti-magnetic defenses. Ill try to find the book as well.

For those who say Storm is going to take out IM, I really dont see how sh is going to do that. IM moves much faster than her, and even if she manages to hit him with a bolt i dont think it will have a great deal of effect on him if any. In my opinion Cannonball has a better chance against IM than does Storm.

No, I have other scans about him vs Magneto.

Its the fact that a Psionic signal cannot get through his armor thus not allowing any superpowers being able to harm the man inside. Thats what they wanted to find

Also Ironman has proven to be more mobile than Cannonball.

nimbus006
No, I have other scans about him vs Magneto.

Its the fact that a Psionic signal cannot get through his armor thus not allowing any superpowers being able to harm the man inside. Thats what they wanted to find

Also Ironman has proven to be more mobile than Cannonball.

I know he's more mobile, but IMO he still fares better against IM than Storm does.

2damnloud
Does iroman have EMP protection.

No, I do not mean "magnetic" protection.

Creshosk
Does iroman have EMP protection.

No, I do not mean "magnetic" protection. Magnetic sheilding would protect you from EMPs. erm

Blair Wind
Yes he does. He used to not have it, and when he did it with his own armor it would take 6 minutes to reboot. Now, he has full protection from EMPs, even if he himself produces one.

scuzz
people bring up the glads\cannonball fight a lot to say that glads is weak!
i think it means that cannon is uber, and ppl should stop underestimating him

Creshosk
Shouldn't this thread be closed since it includes Storm and its before October of 2007? It's like in violation of the Embargo isn't it?

confused

2damnloud
Yes he does. He used to not have it, and when he did it with his own armor it would take 6 minutes to reboot. Now, he has full protection from EMPs, even if he himself produces one.

Could he take his armor being frozen then an immediately shattering??

llagrok
Polaris has potential to take down Avengers by herself.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by scuzz
people bring up the glads\cannonball fight a lot to say that glads is weak!
i think it means that cannon is uber, and ppl should stop underestimating him

Well it shows that he can absorb kinetic energy. Seeing as Ironman has full data on Cannonballs abilities, he could say take his temperature to absolute zero thus canceling out his powers.

http://img409.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absoultezero1bt5.jpg
http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absolutezero2nt0.jpg

And just to show he is more mobile:
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=speedsonicsabsorbuc7.jpg

Could he take his armor being frozen then an immediately shattering??

Three of his villains have been ice villains, one being able to go down to absolute zero. And each time his armor is more than a match for that trick.

Also in case Rogue used her fire powers:
http://img239.imageshack.us/my.php?image=absorptionnovablastps0.jpg

Ironman is a beast erm

2damnloud
That's stupid, though.erm

Wouldn't that just stop everything regardless of what he did??

Could IM take Iceman??

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
Polaris has potential to take down Avengers by herself.

Potential... yes., but has she shown in her character that she can actually accomplish such a feat.

You can have all the potential in the world, but it doesnt mean squat unless you can reach and perform to that potential.

llagrok
Potential... yes., but has she shown in her character that she can actually accomplish such a feat.

You can have all the potential in the world, but it doesnt mean squat unless you can reach and perform to that potential.

Naw, she can do it.

Polaris is a lot more powerful than what most people think.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
Naw, she can do it.

Polaris is a lot more powerful than what most people think.

I think Polaris underestimates herself and generally fights below her actual capabilities. I agree she could be extremely dangerous, but not until i see her do something really out of this world will i say she can solo this Avengers team.

llagrok
I think Polaris underestimates herself and generally fights below her actual capabilities. I agree she could be extremely dangerous, but not until i see her do something really out of this world will i say she can solo this Avengers team.

She had a lot of decent feats in uncanny x-men.

2damnloud
Isn't IM susceptible to hard cuncussive force even within his armor??

What If...
Storm has no feats showing she is capable of flash freezing.

nimbus006
Isn't IM susceptible to hard cuncussive force even within his armor??

Concussive as in telepathic?

There are no telepaths on this X-Men roster.

2damnloud
Concussive as in telepathic?

There are no telepaths on this X-Men roster.

No, cuncunssive as in "BAM" something bashing the shit out of him.

nimbus006

Of course he is, the blast just has to be powerful enough to do damage.

2damnloud
Of course he is, the blast just has to be powerful enough to do damage.

No, not neccesarily a "blast". I was thinking more along the lines of two, or maybe 4 California Redwoods continuosly flying at him at over 400 mph from all sizes.

The force of the continual impact should literally turn him into jelly.

And also, can Ironman take Iceman??

Creshosk
No, not neccesarily a "blast". I was thinking more along the lines of two, or maybe 4 California Redwoods continuosly flying at him at over 400 mph from all sizes. Who's got the power to magically generate Redwood trees?

Let alone has the ability to make them move at 400 mph?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Creshosk
Who's got the power to magically generate Redwood trees?

Let alone has the ability to make them move at 400 mph?

Storm could probably root them out and hurl then that fast, but she would have to find them first.

2damnloud
Storm could probably root them out and hurl then that fast, but she would have to find them first.

Where are they fighting??

That was just a scenario/example, anyway.

Blair Wind
And also, can Ironman take Iceman??

Iceman does not have a body for Ironman to fight erm Mute point.

However, I do have a question. All mutant powers are Psionic in nature are they not? I mean they have to mentally control those powers through sending mental signals right?

2damnloud
1.)Wouldn't it be a "mute point" for anyone to fight Iceman, then??roll eyes (sarcastic)

2.) I dunno

What If...

laughing

****ing idiot.

Creshosk
Guys, its moot not mute.

2damnloud
He never really answered my question, only side-stepped it.erm

Blair Wind
1.)Wouldn't it be a "mute point" for anyone to fight Iceman, then??roll eyes (sarcastic)

Basically? Yes, unless they can someone control him which would require a herald level person (SS, Green Lanterns come to mind)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.