Human Size

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
What do you all think will happen with human size as time progress?

NOTE: No trolling or ya know, REPORTED.

Personally, I think that humans will only become taller as time progresses. It's only a matter of time before being over 7 ft is actually common.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43

NOTE: No trolling or ya know, REPORTED.

Personally, I think that humans will only become taller as time progresses. It's only a matter of time before being over 7 ft is actually common.

7 feet will become common? That sounds about as wierd as the televangelists saying that people lived to be 800 in biblical times.

debbiejo
People are getting taller. It's really unfortunate... sad

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
7 feet will become common? That sounds about as wierd as the televangelists saying that people lived to be 800 in biblical times.

I believe that humans lived longer years ago but 800 years is impossible. And what I mean is that more people will be seven feet without having gigantism. Humans are becoming bigger & bigger. Soon we'll be the size of the Titans from Greek Mythology. stick out tongue

AngryManatee
I don't think 7 feet but maybe in the sixes. There comes a point where size does become too much of a burden on the body, such as stress from the weight increase.

Ultimate Hulk43
That's true. Do you think humans will ever be able to manipulate their size & increase their size? Just a thought.

Violent2Dope
Well if our size increases at the same rate as our thickness and musulature, then being over 7 feet is quite possible

Imperial_Samura
I believe that humans lived longer years ago but 800 years is impossible.

When was this - since most periods in history prior to modern times saw very short life expectancies (unless you were wealthy and had the best of everything) and high rates of infant morality.

Other then the Bible I mean, because its estimates of age really don't have proof backing it up.

Ultimate Hulk43
I said I BELIEVE, I didn't say I KNOW which would be impossible seeing as I'm only 13. There's a big difference.

Imperial_Samura
I said I BELIEVE, I didn't say I KNOW which would be impossible seeing as I'm only 13. There's a big difference.

Oh, I should have worded it differently - when do you believe this was.

Ultimate Hulk43
Years ago before drugs & other things came into play. A LONG TIME AGO.

BlaxicanHydra
spam/ Human size is indeed increasing dramatically. Look at me, my penis size alone is physical proof. /spam

Charmed_Phoebe
Originally posted by debbiejo
People are getting taller. It's really unfortunate... sad

poor debbie, your just way too short! hehehe stick out tongue

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
spam/ Human size is indeed increasing dramatically. Look at me, my penis size alone is physical proof. /spam You mean that tiny pecker which isn't even as big as your peach fuzz pubes!?devil

BlaxicanHydra
*cries pitifully*

debbiejo
Originally posted by Charmed_Phoebe
poor debbie, your just way too short! hehehe stick out tongue I prefer the word petite. happy

Mammoth. ..LOL

Tangible God
Years ago before drugs & other things came into play. A LONG TIME AGO. Yeah, 'cause the little Pict village up in the Highlands of Scotland just happened to have a short life expectancy due to rampant heroin use. Or was it due to their lack of immunity to Roman mead?

jaden101
perhaps in the short term people with get taller...but then this is only comparable in the relatively short term as well...ie the last 200 years during the industrial revolution

its fact that many of the toxins released into the atmosphere during that time stunted the growth of people and this is evident in some very old people living today...as awareness of the enviroment increases and we start to phase out these toxins then the stunting of growth becomes less and peoples average height increases

if you look at it from a slightly longer historical perspective then people have gotten smaller...many groups of humans down the years have been on average, taller than today...the the gauls, the dutch etc

i think its more fun to hypothesise what long term future evolution will be like in this sense.

technology will mean less need for physical strength so the body will become smaller and thinner.
the increased need for intelligence will mean the head and brain will become larger
the increased need for sensory input to that brain will mean the eyes will become larger
as we, as a species, move of world and can sustain ourselves outwith the need of a star then the pigment in the skin will gradually be lost

so what do we end up with...a short grey being with a large head and large eyes

remind you of anything?

Mindship
Personally, I think that humans will only become taller as time progresses. It's only a matter of time before being over 7 ft is actually common. Taller? How about fatter? How about 7 ft in girth? I think that will happen sooner.

ADarksideJedi
Why would anybody troll this thread?Humans would stay the same.It is known that when you get older you do shrank.So that may happen.JM

inimalist
I can't imagine why

I'm 6'1-2". the vast majority of the world is not built for me and at 22 I am already experiencing lower back problems and knee problems due to my height.

Without a complete redesign of the human body, I think modern technology is hitting the limits of what the human body should be able to do. Sure there are the exceptions, like the 9' tall man or whatever, but unless there was a specific selection pressure for 9' over 6', we are probably seeing the upper limit now.

botankus
And Queen Latifah had a breast reduction to not only eliminate back problems, but stop any potential teetering before falling face first to the floor if someone happened to nudge her in the back.

BlaxicanHydra
People get taller because of all the hormones they put in foods, I think.

Devil King
I believe that humans lived longer years ago

why?

debbiejo
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
People get taller because of all the hormones they put in foods, I think. I believe this is true.

ragesRemorse
In the future we will all be one race. As for taller, im not sure if seven feet will ever be common, however, i think its possible that it wont be uncommon

miss_swann
Originally posted by debbiejo
People are getting taller. It's really unfortunate... sad People getting taller is because we have a healthier living conditions, if you think about Victorian London you couldn't see to the other end of the street for smog, so the world is in a sense cleaner, humans aren't affected but everything else on the flipping planet is. And also diets have something to do with it.

PITT_HAPPENS

debbiejo
Originally posted by miss_swann
People getting taller is because we have a healthier living conditions, if you think about Victorian London you couldn't see to the other end of the street for smog, so the world is in a sense cleaner, humans aren't affected but everything else on the flipping planet is. And also diets have something to do with it. Well my family has healthy living conditions and we are not getting taller.. mad

But then again there could be something in the soil, or genes, or Italy decendents... confused

You look at those houses from the 17 and 1800's and they are quite small. Mawe for short people. On a whole the average person is much taller than they used to be and this is with all our diseases, additives, and such. I think it's the hormons in foods.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
if you look at it from a slightly longer historical perspective then people have gotten smaller...many groups of humans down the years have been on average, taller than today...the the gauls, the dutch etc...

Proof? evidence? or is it just common beliefs that Vikings were tall and wore horned helmets?

Provide proof because I don't believe they were as tall as you think they were. No..they didn't wear horned helmets either.

Originally posted by jaden101
...so what do we end up with...a short grey being with a large head and large eyes

remind you of anything?

I do not mean this offensively at all, but I thought of this same thing when I was 12. It may very well be that "Grays" are simply time-traveling-explorer-humans many years down the road. Our offspring. It is very plausible.

We are taller than our ancestors. No doubt. Not nearly enough time has past for genetic evolution to be involved in this process. We are just fulfilling our genetic potentials right now for the most part. 40,000 years ago...we looked extremely similar to Cro-Magnon people and in fact...I wager that some people living now days look less like Cro-Magnons and more like Homo ergaster .

In the very very near future, the human genome will be manipulated and people will engineer their children. They will be perfect in every way that the parent interprets perfect. No genetic abnormalities, a perfect immune system-5 ft tall 8 feet tall-it will all be very much possible.

The rich will look like Comic book super heroes and maybe even exhibit some super hero powers...whereas the poor will look like we do...*sigh*.

BeautiflDisastr
Humans are evolving. I believe that we are, eventually, going to be an average of 7ft. but not for a long time.

debbiejo
Tall people are not allowed in the savior boat! Get out, there is only room for 12.

Whew, glad I'm a shorty. happy

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Why would anybody troll this thread?Humans would stay the same.It is known that when you get older you do shrank.So that may happen.JM

Ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *sob*

Oh ADarksideJedi what will we do with you?

That's what I want to no. I mean I can get he might not have the specifics, but the reason why he believes people use to live longer "Years ago before drugs & other things came into play. A LONG TIME AGO"

Ultimate Hulk43
Just drop it.

Anyway, I've read a lot that good diets affect height while the human body is still capable of growing taller.

PITT_HAPPENS
Just drop it.

Anyway, I've read a lot that good diets affect height while the human body is still capable of growing taller. There are many factors that come into play, when we finally get of this rock and live on another planet the gravity will more than likely be different with would affect our height. The human body can only grow so tall unless major changes to our body structure changes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.