Marvel is the Devil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
No, i'm not starting a thread to imply that Joe Q and the crew are Satanic Devil worshipers or b*tch about anything.

Rather, I heard that researchers had discovered that the number of the devil (number of the beast), may not be 666 as previously thought, but rather the number 616 !!!

Now remember what the number of the main marvel universe is!

Is this simply a strange coincidence or some mass coverup eek!

DigiMark007
I'd love to see Marvel do a parody-esque story about it where Mephisto helps reveal this truth to scientists.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Grimm22
No, i'm not starting a thread to imply that Joe Q and the crew are Satanic Devil worshipers.

Are you saying they're not Satanic Devil worshipers? herbfist

Disappear
i just told my roommate that two hours ago. but as far as i know, he doesn't know shit about comics. so i'm going to assume this is a strange coincidence.

King Kandy
Actualy, I read something about the writer who came up with "616" wanting it to be "Universe 666" but the editor thoguht it was to dark, so he changed it to 616 because he thought they sounded similar.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Disappear
i just told my roommate that two hours ago. but as far as i know, he doesn't know shit about comics. so i'm going to assume this is a strange coincidence.

lol. Roomies?

Creshosk
Originally posted by King Kandy
Actualy, I read something about the writer who came up with "616" wanting it to be "Universe 666" but the editor thoguht it was to dark, so he changed it to 616 because he thought they sounded similar. It was decided because the first fantastic four comic came out in june of 1961. 1961 and june is the 6th month. hence the 616.

What you read sounds like a story made up after the fact conspiracy theory.

Morridini
Actually what you mention Creshosk is just a coincidence.
There is nothing special about the number confirmed, the guy who decided on Earth 616 just didn't want it to be so silly as in DC where the main world happen to be Earth 1, so he simply chose a higher number.

Source: http://72.32.138.96/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/718

But there has also been some talk about what the original poster was talking about: http://72.32.138.96/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/719

Soljer
No, i'm not starting a thread to imply that Joe Q and the crew are Satanic Devil worshipers or b*tch about anything.

Rather, I heard that researchers had discovered that the number of the devil (number of the beast), may not be 666 as previously thought, but rather the number 616 !!!

You...JUST heard this?

Old, old news, friend.

OLD news. no expression.

Endless Mike
Knew it already

llagrok
Originally posted by Disappear

You live with someone who doesn't know shit about comics?

willRules

As a Christian I could have told you that ages ago yes

Some people believe that 666 is the sign of the Antichrist or his mark which is referred to in John's Revelation (Chapter 13?) and I think Daniel might have briefly mentioned it in a prophecy yes

Many scholars however attest that in the original Greek manuscripts, the number is in fact 616. It's relevance to the future/end times is still an unknown even to Christians today.

Originally posted by Soljer
You...JUST heard this?

Old, old news, friend.

OLD news. no expression.

If the original manuscripts do say 616 then the news is 1912 years old yes

magnuslives
this whole thing is stupid, the creator probably just picked a number from his head and was a warped satanist who wanted it to look inconspicuous.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Morridini
There is nothing special about the number confirmed, the guy who decided on Earth 616 just didn't want it to be so silly as in DC where the main world happen to be Earth 1, so he simply chose a higher number.

But there has also been some talk about what the original poster was talking about: http://72.32.138.96/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/719 Your evidence of this is a rant/blog by another fan who doesn't back up his claims?

WrathfulDwarf

I knew Marvel was indeed an evil entity...but I always consider them more like the evil which mankind produce. Not an evil of supernatural powers.....

...I knew it!

Grimm22
Originally posted by willRules
As a Christian I could have told you that ages ago yes

Some people believe that 666 is the sign of the Antichrist or his mark which is referred to in John's Revelation (Chapter 13?) and I think Daniel might have briefly mentioned it in a prophecy yes

Many scholars however attest that in the original Greek manuscripts, the number is in fact 616. It's relevance to the future/end times is still an unknown even to Christians today.

Oh come on

Who actually READS the bible nowadays' stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
Oh come on

True. 313

Creshosk
Oh come on

Who actually READS the bible nowadays' stick out tongue WE're not talking about reading the bible "nowaday" we're talkign about reading the bible as it was along time ago.

Though the question I still have is how many of these finds are legitimate?

How many different jesus tombs have we found? At least two.. one with named graves and one with his burial shroud... Then there was another that was supposed to be something big but dropped off the radar...

Morridini
Originally posted by Creshosk
Your evidence of this is a rant/blog by another fan who doesn't back up his claims?

Um, no...

On the very two pages you were quoting it says the following:

About the author:
Tom Brevoort is Executive Editor for Marvel Comics, and oversees such titles as New Avengers, Civil War, and Fantastic Four

Creshosk
Um, no...

On the very two pages you were quoting it says the following:

About the author:
Tom Brevoort is Executive Editor for Marvel Comics, and oversees such titles as New Avengers, Civil War, and Fantastic Four And I'm sure he worked on the title then too right?

The problem is the piece is still very POV and not very objective sounding at all. And did nothing to debunk my claim.

All it is is a rant about his distaste for it. Doesn't mean that its not it or that it didn't have the origin I mentioned.

willRules
Oh come on

stick out tongue I just watched the Simpson's movie. I love the bit at the beginning when Homer flicks through the Bible in Church and says something like "I can't find any answers here!"

Originally posted by Creshosk
WE're not talking about reading the bible "nowaday" we're talkign about reading the bible as it was along time ago.

Though the question I still have is how many of these finds are legitimate?

How many different jesus tombs have we found? At least two.. one with named graves and one with his burial shroud... Then there was another that was supposed to be something big but dropped off the radar...

The Bible "nowadays" is arguably not that different from what it was back then in terms of content. In terms of format it's vastly different. nowadays most Christians prefer to read the good book in a book format as opposed to on a scroll stick out tongue

As for the supposed tombs of Jesus, well there have been several supposed finds in the last few years of tombs still containing the bodies. However archaeologists are still debating as to if these could be the tombs of Jesus of Nazareth and not just a tomb of any bloke form that time. The lack of recent news on the subject suggests they got the wrong tombs.

I went to Israel in 2001 and visited two likely locations of the tomb that may have held Jesus. On one of those, someone has stuck a wooden sign that reads; "He is not here, he has risen."

Interesting topic but I have digressed from the main thread topic, I do apologise.............

roughrider
Alan Moore claimed it was just a random number he picked, to show that the standard Marvel Earth & Universe was no more important than any other alternate Earth. Unlike DC with the Earth 1 & 2 and so forth (how come the older heroes were on Earth-2? It never made sense.)

tjcoady
Originally posted by roughrider
Alan Moore claimed it was just a random number he picked, to show that the standard Marvel Earth & Universe was no more important than any other alternate Earth. Unlike DC with the Earth 1 & 2 and so forth (how come the older heroes were on Earth-2? It never made sense.)

yea... according to accounts, Alan Moore just picked the number at random as an effort to show that the Marvel Earth was just one of many.

but then again, knowing Alan Moore, he could have some strange numerological significance attached to it that is far too arcane for any of us ever to understand.

[BAW]Endrict
Nah, they are just daredevils that's all.

marvelprince
That explains it

Mr Master

But there has also been some talk about what the original poster was talking about: http://72.32.138.96/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/719

Great find Morr.

This is from the Executive Editor of Marvel

and Alan Davis at Marvel.com ... no arguing there.

The term 616 may have some humorous relation to 666 but it's not a fact.

Even Alan Davis, who with Alan Moore created all those Captain Britain stories
aren't absolute in it's significance.

What is an absolute Fact is,

616 was originally a # designated to a copy of the mainstream Marvel Universe.

Nothing more.

Why?

Because UK cats wanted to use Mainstream characters but could not because of continuity issues, so instead they were allowed to make an Alternate Universe termed the 616 Reality (an exact copy of the Mainstream Marvel Universe)

Shortly there after UK titles became maintream canon
and the whole Universal # sequence took hold.

(form Marvel.com)

"The irony is that the Multiverse was created out of Marvel UK's desire to use Marvel US characters--which wouldn't have been tolerated at the time. Setting the stories on an alternate Earth offered the opportunity to use any of the Marvel stars without concern for continuity"

It appears that the actual #616 was derived from 666, not because of it's connection to bible or devil, but because it was an "Alternate Number" to 666.

And since the UK cats made an "Alternate" copy of mainstream Marvel,
they decided to make their "Alternate" copy #616.

Because 616 means or represents the "Alternate" number to 666.

That's what I got from it,
although I can't imagine why they would choose such a dark comparison.

Then again, Alan Moore and Davis seem like creepy folks (especially Moore)

I also heard the Creshosk theory before,

it should't be immediately dismissed, because it is sensible.

willRules
Cool theories yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.