thanos,kain(legacy of kain)vs darkseid,ganondorf(legend of zelda)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Who wins this battle of comics and video games?

TricksterPriest
Team 2. Kain is unkillable, but Ganondorf and Darkseid can easily BFR him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Team 2. Kain is unkillable, but Ganondorf and Darkseid can easily BFR him. i think thanos manhandles darkseid while kain kicks the shit out of the pigman.

TricksterPriest
Are plot devices enabled, or not? Specifically, Kain and Ganondorf.

quanchi112
Are plot devices enabled, or not? Specifically, Kain and Ganondorf. no they are not allowed.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
no they are not allowed.

Then Kain gets one-shotted by either Ganon or Darkseid. big grin

and then Thanos is screwed.

quanchi112
Then Kain gets one-shotted by either Ganon or Darkseid. big grin

and then Thanos is screwed. kain isnt getting one shotted by ganon. im pretty sure the soulreaver could block the omega effect also. kain slaughters ganon while thanos beats on old darkseid.

TricksterPriest
kain isnt getting one shotted by ganon. im pretty sure the soulreaver could block the omega effect also. kain slaughters ganon while thanos beats on old darkseid.

Kain isn't that powerful. He just has an unholy plot device that makes him unkillable. And the soul reaver will not stop the OE. It's not that powerful.

Ganon and Kain is a decent match. but If Ganon has the triforce, he can take Kain down. and in any case, as everyone (except you) knows, Darkseid vs. Thanos is spite in Darkseid's favor. doped

quanchi112
Kain isn't that powerful. He just has an unholy plot device that makes him unkillable. And the soul reaver will not stop the OE. It's not that powerful.

Ganon and Kain is a decent match. but If Ganon has the triforce, he can take Kain down. and in any case, as everyone (except you) knows, Darkseid vs. Thanos is spite in Darkseid's favor. doped superman has beaten the utter shit out of darkseid. so why cant thanos. simple he can and would kick his ass. ds is overrated and vastly on this forum. kain is a badass. he his quick as shit and can turn himself into mist and has many other abilities. the soulreaver would kill ganondorf. think about it.

link does it every time. kain and raziel are so much more than link and ganon. thanos>darkseid,kain>ganondorf.

wink

TricksterPriest
*sigh* Will someone who actually knows the games please post?

starking
superman has beaten the utter shit out of darkseid. so why cant thanos. simple he can and would kick his ass. ds is overrated and vastly on this forum. kain is a badass. he his quick as shit and can turn himself into mist and has many other abilities. the soulreaver would kill ganondorf. think about it.

link does it every time. kain and raziel are so much more than link and ganon. thanos>darkseid,kain>ganondorf.

wink My god, your like a juggernaught when it comes to blocking out other people's statements.

quanchi112
*sigh* Will someone who actually knows the games please post? i do know kain and his i cant die unless it raziel kinda thing. but u try to downplay kains power in the game. i mean ganon gets beaten in every damn game by every damn link. when we have these battles are we supposed to say oh stalemate becuz no one can kill ganon becuz they dont have silver arrows and no one can kill kain becuz they dont have the raziels soul reaver. i mean come on. if u get ur head chopped off here u do. kain as in blood omen 2 had many unique abilities. from the first game he could cast spells as well. he is way more versatile than that pig guy ganon. i do like ganon but kain has him outclassed all day long.

speed and everything is on kains side against ganondorf.

Estacado
DS OE's Kain's ass after that it's 2 on 1.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
DS OE's Kain's ass after that it's 2 on 1. the soulreaver could stop the oe. ww's bracelets deflected it why cant the soulreaver?

it deflects it and then ds is in trouble.

Tenebrous
if ganon had the whole triforce then it's skewed towards team two. however if he only has the triforce of power then it's more evenly matched. i haven't played any zelda games since the super nintendo...so i forget what the bearer of the triforce can do.

the soul reaver is badass. do not underestimate it...however if both triforce and soul reaver are not allowed, we'd still have to account for all of kain's skills in blood omen 1, blood omen 2, and defiance. he had the greatest variety of powers in blood omen 1, and like ganon he cannot die through normal means (heart of darkness assures this for kain, scion of balance further assures when the heart of darkness is removed, silver arrow for ganon). can't remember specific feats for ganon though.

i like both thanos and ds...but this debate has raged forever and i dont think anymore can be said about it.

Aqua-pimp
Bullsh*t !! Kain's Soulreaver sword is to powerfull, it's save to say that it's more powerfull than Thor hamer...
The only threat is the omega beams.. and we all know Darkseid uses it like a monkey uses toiletpaper...
Hellooo people this is Kain we're talking about.. eek!
Darkseid can't even handle his bis with Supes ..
I'f Superman came up in Kain's face he would slaughter the man 1000 times over till he get's bored..

Kain is unstoppable and adding Thanos to the mix makes team two's change a lot less..

cool

Estacado
Originally posted by Aqua-pimp
Bullsh*t !! Kain's Soulreaver sword is to powerfull, it's save to say that it's more powerfull than Thor hamer...
The only threat is the omega beams.. and we all know Darkseid uses it like a monkey uses toiletpaper...
Hellooo people this is Kain we're talking about.. eek!
Darkseid can't even handle his bis with Supes ..
I'f Superman came up in Kain's face he would slaughter the man 1000 times over till he get's bored..

Kain is unstoppable and adding Thanos to the mix makes team two's change a lot less..

cool
Soulreaver more powerful then Mjolnir....crylaugh
Are you nuts?
Also DS could just turn Kain into stone.no expression

Aqua-pimp
And Kain could just slow down time and make sushi outta Jobberseid in like 0,5 seconds, From you're reaction i can see you've never played a legacy of Kain game in you're life...the Soulreaver is powerfull enough to completly obliterait creatures like hulk and wendigo probaly even more powerfull creatures, with one strike when fully charged.. i never saw mjolnir do sh*t like that...

cool

Estacado
I played over LOK Defiance 6 times. no expression
The Soul Reaver is the vampires savior weapon but that doesn't mean it's more powerful then Mjolnir it has the power to absorb and to "see through" corruption...Kain beat the Elder God with it who hasn't done anything impressive besides using everyone as a puppet.
The Mjolnir can easily destroy planets it can also absorb souls and once Thor has countained an explosion with it which could have destroyed 1/5 th of the Universe it can also manipulate weather ,matter and many more..
I also finished Blood Omen 2 ,Soul Reaver 1 ,Soul Reaver 2.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
I played over LOK Defiance 6 times. no expression
The Soul Reaver is the vampires savior weapon but that doesn't mean it's more powerful then Mjolnir it has the power to absorb and to "see through" corruption...Kain beat the Elder God with it who hasn't done anything impressive besides using everyone as a puppet.
The Mjolnir can easily destroy planets it can also absorb souls and once Thor has countained an explosion with it which could have destroyed 1/5 th of the Universe it can also manipulate weather ,matter and many more..
I also finished Blood Omen 2 ,Soul Reaver 1 ,Soul Reaver 2. then u should know the soulreaver makes u unable to be killed pretty much. we cant say that about thors hammer now can we. kain is badass. it is still hard to properly gauge kain against comic book characters. ds is a bum naymore and aint half of what he used to be. thanos and kain would win this for sure.

Aqua-pimp
Mjolnir has the power to destroy planets???wtf confused Well show me some scans to back up these claims..I'f you'd played defaince 6 times then so should know that the reaver has mastery over all elements plus time,dimension,spectral etc..
One strike of the soul reaver could finish of everyone below godlevel..

I went to wiki to see what mjolnirs exact powers are..and to see i'f he has planet destroying abbilities.

hmm nope no planet destroying power...

cool

Estacado

I went to wiki to see what mjolnirs exact powers are..and to see i'f he has planet destroying abbilities.

hmm nope no planet destroying power...

cool
crylaughcrylaughcrylaugh

Creshosk
Ummm are we forgetting one thing about Ganondorf/Ganon?

How the hell are you going to hurt him without the only two things that CAN hurt him?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Creshosk
Ummm are we forgetting one thing about Ganondorf/Ganon?

How the hell are you going to hurt him without the only two things that CAN hurt him? u could say the same thing about kain. he cant die becuz raziel isnt here with his soulreaver. that line of arguing is simply not for here. a decapatition works here.

none of this silver arrow talk.

Aqua-pimp
How the hell are they gonna kill Kain when the only guy who could is locked up in his sword??

cool

quanchi112
How the hell are they gonna kill Kain when the only guy who could is locked up in his sword??

cool decapitations count here. but i still think kain and thanos win. its ridiculous to bring in the ways to kill each. ganondorf needs silver arrows while kain has to be kille dby raziel if anyone at all. those are out in this thread.

Aqua-pimp
Yeah i agree it's ridicilous wink This battle is actually Kain vs Ganondorf because they are the closest to immortaltity of the four.. so it depends who get's knocked out first..

cool

Creshosk
Yeah i agree it's ridicilous wink This battle is actually Kain vs Ganondorf because they are the closest to immortaltity of the four.. so it depends who get's knocked out first..

cool Thanos is also immortal because death has rejected him. He can't die either. errmm

TricksterPriest
u could say the same thing about kain. he cant die becuz raziel isnt here with his soulreaver. that line of arguing is simply not for here. a decapatition works here.

none of this silver arrow talk.

Yep. And since you took the plot devices off, both can be killed by the others. Which negates Kain's only protection from the OE. And Triforce of power>>>Soul Reaver.

quan, by turning off the plot devices, you negated the immortality.

quanchi112
Yep. And since you took the plot devices off, both can be killed by the others. Which negates Kain's only protection from the OE. And Triforce of power>>>Soul Reaver.

quan, by turning off the plot devices, you negated the immortality. well the triforce of power never saved ganon from any link he has ever faced. it wont save him from kain is much greater than link. kain isnt immortal in here but he can and would still deflect the omega effect. thanos and kain for the win.

Creshosk
well the triforce of power never saved ganon from any link he has ever faced. That's because of the plot device of the only things that can hurt him. (light/silver arrows>Triforce of power) One might even say that Since Link is usually the Triforce of courage, its one triforce piece plus arrows and master sword vs one triforce piece.

The rest of your post was discarded as it was based off of a faulty premise.

quanchi112
That's because of the plot device of the only things that can hurt him. (light/silver arrows>Triforce of power) One might even say that Since Link is usually the Triforce of courage, its one triforce piece plus arrows and master sword vs one triforce piece.

The rest of your post was discarded as it was based off of a faulty premise. listen the soulreaver to me is shown in a greater and more significant light tha just the triforce of power. soulreaver in the games makes u immortal. pretty bad ass stuff. u cant be killed while the triforce pf power makes u certainly killable.

Creshosk
listen the soulreaver to me is shown in a greater and more significant light tha just the triforce of power. That was very subjective sounding. Wishful thinking fallacy.

soulreaver in the games makes u immortal. plot device. Much like with ganon the only thigns that can hurt him are the arrows and the sword. Turn off one turn off the other.

pretty bad ass stuff. u cant be killed while the triforce pf power makes u certainly killable. Only by items that kain doesn't have.

Turn off one turn off the other... unless you're admitting to your bias like you did in the first part of your post?

llagrok
Aqua pimp, you're being an idiot.

Planet destroying isn't mentioned in Eternity's or Galactus' powerset either, but they can still destroy planets.

Here are some Mjolnir/Stormbreaker feats
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/01-Thor468p19.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/01-Thor468p20and21.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0308-1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0309-1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0310-1.jpg

Aqua-pimp
Ok so what ...mjolnir can destroy planets but with the aid of mjolnir he still got his ass kicked by superman...
I'f i could pick out off the two weapons i would pick the soul reaver any day ..it makes the wielder immortal and has power over the elements and time and space..
The soul reaver is a much more usefull weapon then mjolnir, one strike could kill guys like Hulk and hercules guys thor struggles against...

cool

Nikkolas
Kain can tear your soul out, incinerate you, TK you around with ease, teleport and attack you, slow down time itself and etc..

Can Ganon resist being held up by TK Shackles?

Tenebrous
And Triforce of power>>>Soul Reaver.

Debatable. Link defeated Ganon with the Master Sword...the triforce of power left ganon after link delivered a final blow with the Master Sword.

the only precept of the master sword is that it is "capable of repelling great evil" or whatever the game described it to be...which made it ganon's bane.

going by feats i would have to say the Soul Reaver >>>> Master Sword...master sword allows user to manipulate time, same with the reaver...reaver also allows manipulation of dimension, fire, and other things that i don't recall. Above all it has the ability, obviously, to consume souls permanently.

bottom line, if the master sword can harm ganon while he has the triforce of power, there's no way you can confidently say the triforce of power is greater than the soul reaver.

Tenebrous
quan, by turning off the plot devices, you negated the immortality.

that's not entirely true for kain.the kain possessing the soul reaver makes kain unkillable in a logical sense, not a literal sense. because the soul reaver is the only weapon that can harm him, so as long as kain is in possession of the soul reaver, he cannot die, for obvious reasons (he would never use the weapon on himself).

what makes kain truly immortal is the heart of darkness....it's his actual heart, taken from another vampire. no matter how kain is seemingly killed the heart always reforms him (in blood omen 1) or he's just immortal (defiance). The only way to negate this is if you physically remove his heart from his body. Even then, kain still lives due to his role of scion of balance. after the heart is removed...it's unknown if kain is still invulnerable. suppose he's not.

recap:

1. soul reaver in kain's possession means the only weapon that can kill kain is in the safest place possible.
remove the soul reaver from battle, and the only weapon that can kill kain is gone.

2. kain is rendered immortal due to the heart of darkness. soul reaver is the only weapon that can supercede the heart of darkness. only way to circumvent this is to physically remove the heart from kain's body,

3. kain still lives after you remove his heart. he can now (theoretically) be killed by any fashion.

quanchi112
year the soulreaver makes kain kinda unbeatbale unless u get the nexus stone. anyways decaptiations count here as kain in his own game is to damn powerful with the whole immortal thing here. i have to be fair to ds team.

charlemagne9746
It's only assumed that the Soul reaver is the only thing that can kill Kain. Kain has never faced opponents on the same power level as Thanos or Darkseid. I think on OE would erase Kain in a picosecond. Outside of that, DS is physically stronger than Kain, more durable...and being a New God...would have more magic and overall power. It is conceivable that DS can one-shot Kain.

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
It's only assumed that the Soul reaver is the only thing that can kill Kain. Kain has never faced opponents on the same power level as Thanos or Darkseid. I think on OE would erase Kain in a picosecond. Outside of that, DS is physically stronger than Kain, more durable...and being a New God...would have more magic and overall power. It is conceivable that DS can one-shot Kain. its also conceivable that kain could deflect ds omega beams. kain is no joke. but dont worry becuz thanos would take care of darkseid. seeing as how easily superman can beat his ass thanos would have no problem.

kain kills ganondorf.

charlemagne9746
Thanos would get erased with the OE with...DS is one guy Thanos does not want to **** with

quanchi112
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Thanos would get erased with the OE with...DS is one guy Thanos does not want to **** with supes beat the tar out of ds. thanos beats the tar out of silver surfer a much more powerful character every time they met. thanos would and i quote beat the crap out of darkseid. he really would crush him.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Debatable. Link defeated Ganon with the Master Sword...the triforce of power left ganon after link delivered a final blow with the Master Sword.

the only precept of the master sword is that it is "capable of repelling great evil" or whatever the game described it to be...which made it ganon's bane.

going by feats i would have to say the Soul Reaver >>>> Master Sword...master sword allows user to manipulate time, same with the reaver...reaver also allows manipulation of dimension, fire, and other things that i don't recall. Above all it has the ability, obviously, to consume souls permanently.

bottom line, if the master sword can harm ganon while he has the triforce of power, there's no way you can confidently say the triforce of power is greater than the soul reaver. You're forgetting that even if an item only has one use, if its the only thing that can preform that use then other things regardless of how much more powerful it is... cannot preform that use. If you're going to insist

"that's not entirely true for kain.the kain possessing the soul reaver makes kain unkillable in a logical sense, not a literal sense. because the soul reaver is the only weapon that can harm him, so as long as kain is in possession of the soul reaver, he cannot die, for obvious reasons (he would never use the weapon on himself)."

Then one can insist that the Master Sword is the only thing cpable of harming Ganondorf. then we have a stalemate.

Remove the soul reaver and remove the master sword.
Remove the heart, and then you can remove the triforce of power from ganon

Both have then been rendered killable. Otherwise they are exactly on par with one another. killablewise

Tenebrous
You're forgetting that even if an item only has one use, if its the only thing that can preform that use then other things regardless of how much more powerful it is... cannot preform that use. If you're going to insist

"that's not entirely true for kain.the kain possessing the soul reaver makes kain unkillable in a logical sense, not a literal sense. because the soul reaver is the only weapon that can harm him, so as long as kain is in possession of the soul reaver, he cannot die, for obvious reasons (he would never use the weapon on himself)."

Then one can insist that the Master Sword is the only thing cpable of harming Ganondorf. then we have a stalemate.

Remove the soul reaver and remove the master sword.
Remove the heart, and then you can remove the triforce of power from ganon

Both have then been rendered killable. Otherwise they are exactly on par with one another. killablewise

that's a fair argument but there's one potential flaw....has it ever been said tha tthe Master Sword is the *only* weapon of hurting ganon? the only special ability that i remember of the sword is that it is specifically meant to repel evil (i don't remember it ever being said that link *had* to use the master sword to defeat ganon. in fact in one of the link games, the master sword doesn't even appear, IIRC). that's a very vague, ambiguous definition. the reason why i brought up the soul reaver vs. master sword is that the soul reaver is indiscriminate....it consumes both good and evil, and it's just absurd to speculate which sword "repels evil" better.

quanchi112
thanos and kain win this. kain has proven it takes quite a lot to put him down while link beats ganons ass everygame. thanos has prove he can take a hit while ds has proven he submits to superman.

Creshosk
that's a fair argument but there's one potential flaw....has it ever been said tha tthe Master Sword is the *only* weapon of hurting ganon? the only special ability that i remember of the sword is that it is specifically meant to repel evil (i don't remember it ever being said that link *had* to use the master sword to defeat ganon. But you do, have you played the games? In Ocarina of time you can smack him with the Biggorn sword all you want, but he won't stop until you deliver the final blow with the master sword. Go ahead try using a weapon other than the master sword on ganon. You'll find that the games are programmed to only let you win when you use the master sword.

in fact in one of the link games, the master sword doesn't even appear, IIRC). Link's awakening, Ganon is absent from that game as well.

that's a very vague, ambiguous definition. the reason why i brought up the soul reaver vs. master sword is that the soul reaver is indiscriminate....it consumes both good and evil, and it's just absurd to speculate which sword "repels evil" better.

"the only sword that can banish Ganon from the world above" - Windwaker

It has nothing to do with it simply beiong a weapon against evil, it has more to do with the mytthos of the zelda universe and being the sword that can overcome the power of the triforce.

Unless the soul reaver was specifically blessed by the goddesses of that world I can't see it overcoming their power.

Creshosk
thanos and kain win this. kain has proven it takes quite a lot to put him down while link beats ganons ass everygame. thanos has prove he can take a hit while ds has proven he submits to superman. Only with the master sword can you beat him. Try it, try using other weapons.

You think that just any weapon will work? Prove it.

And this time pay attention to the damned story.

quanchi112
Only with the master sword can you beat him. Try it, try using other weapons.

You think that just any weapon will work? Prove it.

And this time pay attention to the damned story. what is so hard for u to grasp about ganon and kain both dying just by anything here. decapitation kills them. how cant u grasp i ruled these in game plot devices of the only ways to kill them out.

Kahless
ok so

gannon / gannondorf can not be killed

the master sword and light arrows and the power of all of the sages could not kill him.

instead gannon / gannondorf was trapped in the sacred realm, (from which he somehow escapes)

gannondorf kills one of the sages (who are pratically gods),

in addition, after being defeated gannondorf DID NOT lose the triforce of power, it went with him to the sacred realm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kahless
ok so

gannon / gannondorf can not be killed

the master sword and light arrows and the power of all of the sages could not kill him.

instead gannon / gannondorf was trapped in the sacred realm, (from which he somehow escapes)

gannondorf kills one of the sages (who are pratically gods),

in addition, after being defeated gannondorf DID NOT lose the triforce of power, it went with him to the sacred realm kain hasnt died in any of his games after he became a vampire while ganon dies all the time. barring the plot devices so we can get a winner kain kills ganondorf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.