what do marvel fans think of marvel movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scuzz
I think all of the marvel movies could be much better! they just churn them out year after year, it seems like they dont spend enough time trying to develop movies that should be great! marvel fans wait years to see there favourite characters brought to life only to be dissapointed time and again!

i hate DC but they seem to take more care in making movies ( except catwoman) i thought batman begins and superman returns were good films to wider audiences and all the dc fanbase

what do you think

ragesRemorse
Aside from the first two Spiderman and first two x-men movies there isnt another marvel movie i enjoy. As for Dc, i struggle to think of a movie that i diddnt like.

tkitna
The first 2 Spiderman and X-Men flicks were the sh1t!

X-Men 3 - entertaining, but definately nothing to write home about
Spidey 3 - same as above
FF - not that great
FF2 - better, but still lacking
Daredevil - not great, but nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be
Hulk - story line was drug out, confusing ending, and just wrong on a lot of levels
Punisher - decent flick
Ghostrider - not as bad as I thought it was going to originaly be, but gets worse everytime I watch it
Elecktra - pretty bad

Thats all I can think of right now.

Also, DC movies have stunk. I dont even see all the hoopla about 'Batman Begins'. It bored me as did 'Superman Returns'. I hope they get better.

Kazenji
The Iron Man movie thats coming is shaping up to be good.

Wolverine2006
With all of their trilogies so far the first two are good and last is a disappointment X-men, Blade, and Spider-man. I thought the FF movies were okay I like the Silver Surfer. Punisher and Ghost Rider were also okay. I like DD but thought they should have picked a better cast, except Bullseye. Hulk needed more action and fight scenes, and Elektra just sucked.

Kazenji
With Ghost rider i would've liked it if they also went with the demon forms for Blackheart and mephisto and also spent a bit more time on the script.

severance
Hulk - disappointed. Too much change from the comic book.
Spidey 1 and 2 excellent the best superhero movies.
Spidey 3 disappointing - too many bad guys. Not enough development of each. Just how was this the most expesive movie ever cos it doesn't show.
x-men 1 and 2 very good. x men three didn't like the script all that much. Juggernaut was rubbish
Fantastic Four1 - was ok Doctor Doom no good. 2 was much better Silver Surfer awesome Galactus disappointing
Daredevil ok. Should not have picked Ben Affleck
Electra dull (aside from Jennifer Garner eye candy)

scuzz
i have high hopes for iron man and the incredible hulk!
however the more excited i get the more dissapointed i get!
apparantly the thor script is pretty great, but i hate mathew vaughn!
he is the one who cast vinnie jones as juggernaut in the last stand!

scuzz
is anyone pissed of that brian singer said you couldnt have bright spandex costumes in a movie cause it would be unreallistic? then why isn't superman wearing a tight leather jumpsuit?
im not saying that i wanted wolverine running around in yellow spandex but they could have made the costumes a lot closer to the classic comic versions without it looking ridiculous

Kazenji
The Costumes for the x-men movies were good and there are some things that work well in comic form and not in real life such as spandex costumes.

Darth Martin
Spiderman 2, X-MEN 1,2, and 3 were great. Blade 1 was cool, and Blade 2 was the ****. Hulk was a gay movie cuz of the long boring parts the action scenes were aweswome. Ghost Rider was fun and FF2 was tight and the Iron Man movie looks like it's gonna rock the house.

DC's recent movies are just aweswome. All good movies.

Superman Returns
Batman Begins
V for Vendetta

Kazenji
300 was'nt DC, It was dark horse comics that published the one.

kevdude
Most of the Marvel movies are pretty good. I never saw Hulk or Elektra since everyone that watched it said they both sucked. DC movies are just as good but never saw Catwoman.

severance
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Spiderman 2, X-MEN 1,2, and 3 were great. Blade 1 was cool, and Blade 2 was the ****. Hulk was a gay movie cuz of the long boring parts the action scenes were aweswome. Ghost Rider was fun and FF2 was tight and the Iron Man movie looks like it's gonna rock the house.

DC's recent movies are just aweswome. All good movies.

Superman Returns
Batman Begins
V for Vendetta

Batman Begins and Superman returns both huge disappointments. Particularly Superman as I loved the original movies when I was a kid. Bryan Singer should have stuck with Xmen and finished off the trilogy properly.

Back in the 80s and early 90s DC characters converted to film and TV better. Ever since Blade, Marvel is the winner

Soljer
Originally posted by severance
Batman Begins and Superman returns both huge disappointments. Particularly Superman as I loved the original movies when I was a kid. Bryan Singer should have stuck with Xmen and finished off the trilogy properly.

Back in the 80s and early 90s DC characters converted to film and TV better. Ever since Blade, Marvel is the winner

Batman Begins was one of the best Comic book films made - and was definitely better than the four Batman films that preceeded it.

Superman Returns was alright, nothing great, but at least it wasn't as campy as it's predecessors.

Kazenji
Originally posted by kevdude
DC movies are just as good but never saw Catwoman.

Not to mention that catwoman movie has nothing to do with the batman comics at all.

severance
Originally posted by Soljer
Batman Begins was one of the best Comic book films made - and was definitely better than the four Batman films that preceeded it.

Superman Returns was alright, nothing great, but at least it wasn't as campy as it's predecessors.

Batman begins was a bit long winded and drawn out. You must be a big Batfan. I thought it was only OK. Certainly not in the class of Spiderman 1 and 2.
bored

scuzz
Mark Steven Johnson is a terrible director! he should never have been chosen to direct daredevil! why would marvel (or anyone for that matter)
want him to direct a film for them again? Ben Affleck and Nick Cage are the two worst casting choices of all time! i also hate brett ratner! Brian Singer murdered the x men for me, he went to far from the comics but at least he is a good director! brett rattner should be shot!!!!!!!!!!

Juntai
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Aside from the first two Spiderman and first two x-men movies there isnt another marvel movie i enjoy. As for Dc, i struggle to think of a movie that i diddnt like. thumb up

Soljer
Batman begins was a bit long winded and drawn out. You must be a big Batfan. I thought it was only OK. Certainly not in the class of Spiderman 1 and 2.
bored

Transformers, Spiderman, X-Men, Batman Begins, Sin City, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, V for Vendetta, 300.

These are one class of comic-film.

Daredevil, Elektra, Ghost Rider, The Punisher, Batman & Robin, Spawn, Mystery Men, Hulk, Hellboy, Constantine, Blade III, AvP.

These are another.

Fantastic Four 1 and 2 are kind of wildcards, some people believe they could go into either category, either together, or separately.

Either way, Batman Begins DEFINITELY belongs in the first tier, rather than the second.

Validus
Why does Constantine get grouped with Batman & Robin and Ghost Rider?

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
Why does Constantine get grouped with Batman & Robin and Ghost Rider?

Keanu Reeves.

stick out tongue.

Mr Parker
Yeah I pretty much agree with everything the thread starter said.Lets see,for the marvel movies,
the spiderman movies are a disgrace..
Ghost Rider? -pretty good.
Daredevil-The special edition is pretty good.
Elektra? pretty good but could have been longer.
were forgetting the Conan movies here,so
Conan The Barbarian? excellent.Best marvel movie ever made by far.
Conan The destroyer? much different story.a total waste of a movie
Red Sonja-same story
Sheena of the jungle-same story
The Hulk-same story.
Xmen-first two are okay.movies focused way too much on wolverine.The movie is called XMEN not WOLVERINE.havent seen the third one
The Punisher? okay,so so.
Fantastic Four.shit
Fantastic Four.Rise of silver surver.very good which is amazing since the first one was so horrible.

Mr Parker

well said.Yeah give me a break.Batman Begins rivals the first two Superman movies as D C's best comicbook movie ever.Batman Begins was an absolutley neccessary movie that HAD to be made.All the other previous batman movies were a disgrace to the comicbook and should be burned.I am so glad that that nightmare franchise of the burton/schuamcher batman franchise is all over.that it was all just a bad dream that thankfully,has been ereased thanks to Batman Begins.Gives me hope for the future that someday they will get the spiderman franchise right as well and make a spiderman movie loyal to the comicbook. Happy Dance

have to disagree on superman returns though.that movie was a total waste of a movie and should have never been made.Unlike with the batman movies,it wasnt neccessary for them to restart that franchose because unlike with batman,superman already had two excellent great movies with the first superman movie and superman 2 which are easily the best comicbook movies ever.superman returns was just made as a copycat off the success of batman.because everybody loved batman begins so much,the idiots decided-hey we restarted batman,lets do the same thing with superman. mad

severance
what was the problem with the Spiderman movies Mr Parker? confused

RomeoTheKnight
Spider man movies. Fun, Best of all Marvel franchises.
fav part about em, accurate fight scenes. (hate organic webbing)

Capn America. (woah) The glue on ears.. wow. The secodn one was not Much better but better. Of course world was still pretty new to the heroe movie deal (Needs a third remake capn is hella cool)

Hulk. gawd. I mean .. geez. Of course i have seen alot worse movies.

Xmen. Well for the shear amount of players in the movie. It was OK .. a high OK. kinda like a B+ Altho, guys liek Juggernot .. did NOT get their true portrayal.

Blade series. Meh. It just got so narrowminded by the last of it. and .. comedy releif?.. sigh.

Dardevil. Could of did without Matt. I mean...The King pin a big black guy?
I'm a black guy and even I know that was just wrong. My hole life King pin was a big baddass white guy. Its not like Jesuse people .. its NOT open for interpitation.
For comic readers and long time King pin fans.. I feel for you . Movie guys went to far that time. DETAILS PEOPLE!

Ghost rider. wtf.. Really didnt need cage. Or least check his marketing.. releasing a simular genre film in the smae month just made it hard to watch. Altho it was a good watch. Hella cool bike. Room for sequal NOT invollving cage.

the FF movies.. F**K is all I can say. The only person who remotly fits their role is the human torch Not that Jessica isnt hot, but shes no Susan.

And .. for the love of gawd why did they decide on Galacticus for teh second movie? Geez.. talk about jumping the gun.

A more earth bound threat would of beennice ( puppet master? teh mole men?) and The portrayal of SS. sad. Stan must of gotten tierd of slapping people after that one.

Elektra. Uhmm.. ya know as far as Movies go. It was a good movie :P
Casting was even good.

Thats all for my Marvel rant as I really do love Marvel.

DC ok first off Superman as cool as he is in comics he NEVER flies on screen. Not to me. I have never seen a decent fight scene wqith Supes yet. All of em are so ghey it isnt worth watching the movie.
Sure he hoisted up an island last time. But meh. he still always gets kiked around by some thugs by the convient plot of Kryptonite. bah. so tired.

Batman. lol. The only one i Liked was the first one.
All teh others were tocomic for me.
And that batman begibns crap, Nice try to reinvent the movie franchise after those last hell sacs of poop sifted out to us.
This last one seemed more selfindulgant of the producers instead of getting to one way they went to the other way.
MAYBE by the time someone remakes it agian, it could just go back to the Good story lines instead of giving us what we exspect to see. SURPRISE us with Batman, Hes so frikin awsome. Show us how dark he really is.

The Flash. Gawd.. its Good. I mean its not totaly accurate as the time line they chose.. But. Hes fast and has good shots! nice actaully. although some of the acting is not so good.

When it comes to movies I know they can never be the exact same. But I thibnk for comics it can be.
Movie guys are so used ot making adaptions for Novles. I think they need to rethink that practice when it comes to comic adaptions.,

First off they need to Stop dumming it down for the NON readers.
It is for those people to learn about the characters while watching. Any questions... Hop to the book store and look it up buy the comics ask some readers. get involved.
for instance, Spidy's Organic webbing in the movie.
I dont ned to see it adpated lol.
Really now, there is way more excitement in his web cartriges. The diff types of mixtures and the fact it adds that danger to running out and has to reload. (thank gawd he inveted the little LED to warn him haha )

But thats REAL . There are MANY otehr things that not needed to be revamped for all heroe movies. IT IS COMIC LAND no adpation is needed lol.

I think some letters need be writen by more fans to explain why changing a COMIC character is differant than a Novel in mainstream literature.
Comic heores are supposed to be the way they are created. Sure you cant find actor look alikes, But the reason We Comic readers watch the moives in the first place is that Comic book preconcieved notion of the charaters involved.

Let tehm keep them true to form.

Or if you need to change it so drasticly, Invent new characters so as not to offend the fan base of characters. All that happens is we wil lstop the movie going and revert to our books smile

But it will be a bit before Movie land figures that out I suppose lol.

Kazenji
Once again thats neither DC not Marvle

You serious those films were'nt that good, They were okay Ghost rider and daredevil thats about it

Don't get him started on that

Mr Parker

you got to be joking? those movies were kiddie flicks.the movies totally raped to death his character and wasnt faithful to the comic at all and the storys "especially the first and the last one" were so horribly written,they looked like they were written by a 5 year old.they need to reboot that franchise ala Batman Begins and start it all over again and get a good director.Raimi is a clueless idiot who has never been known in hollywood to have done anything that good anyways except for the evil dead movies.thats it.

Soljer
You call Daredevil, Elektra, and Ghost Rider "pretty good" while saying that the Spiderman movies are the worst movies ever made?

No, seriously?

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr Parker
you got to be joking? those movies were kiddie flicks.the movies totally raped to death his character and wasnt faithful to the comic at all and the storys "especially the first and the last one" were so horribly written,they looked like they were written by a 5 year old.they need to reboot that franchise ala Batman Begins and start it all over again and get a good director.Raimi is a clueless idiot who has never been known in hollywood to have done anything that good anyways except for the evil dead movies.thats it.

A billion or so dollars of box office sales say different... erm.

Mr Parker
You call Daredevil, Elektra, and Ghost Rider "pretty good" while saying that the Spiderman movies are the worst movies ever made?

No, seriously?

err worst COMICBOOK movie ever.dont misqoute me.yeah THOSE movies are adult themed and not kiddie flicks. laughing and please,enough with that old lame laughable logic that because it made so much more money at the box office crap that thats proof that it was a better movie. you would have to be a fool to think that if spiderman were not the most popular comicbook character in the world that it would make the amount of money at the box office it did if the comic had only been out for a couple years or so before it was made. uh yeah,serioulsy,use some logic and common sense. the name SPIDERMAN alone guaranteed it would be a smash hit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
and uh yeah seriously.you cant seriously believe that if so many kiddies around the country didnt love spidey so much as a character and know him from the cartoon series that he would really make as much money at the box office that it did? laughing the logic of the man-spider fans kills me. laughing do you find kids going around everywhere you go at schools wearing elektra,daredevil,and ghost rider backpacks? uh no.do you find kids going around schools everywhere wearing spiderman backpacks? yes. if you ask a bunch of kids at school do they know who daredevil ,ghost rider and elektra are,are most going to say yes? No.will they say yes if you ask them if they know who spiderman is? uh yes.wow it amazes me how people cant think outside the box and use logic and common sense that because of the fact spidey is such an extremely popular character that that assured his success at the box office was the name spiderman alone. roll eyes (sarcastic) you could have cast norm from cheers as peter parker and the movies would have been the smash hit at the box office it was simply becauuse of the kiddie factor. laughing

Soljer
If you want to hate on one of the most successful franchises ever, that's pretty much universally enjoyed by children, adults, comic fans, and total newbies, that's up to you...

But, calling Daredevil good? Ghost Rider?

Elektra?

ELEKTRA?!?!

What the f**k?What the f**k?What the f**k?

Battlehammer
lol

Kazenji
err worst COMICBOOK movie ever.dont misqoute me.yeah THOSE movies are adult themed and not kiddie flicks. laughing and please:

I beg to differ with ghost rider they tried too much to make it like spiderman and lost its darker edge which the comics had

Thats what i pretty much thought when i saw that in mr parkers post. All i have to say to that is "FAIL !!"

Mr Parker
If you want to hate on one of the most successful franchises ever, that's pretty much universally enjoyed by children, adults, comic fans, and total newbies, that's up to you...

But, calling Daredevil good? Ghost Rider?

Elektra?

ELEKTRA?!?!

What the f**k?What the f**k?What the f**k?

as usual,like all man-spider fans you DONT listen as always and cant be reasoned with.you ignored my points that the NAME spider-man alone and throw in some amazing special effects like they did is WHY the movies made so much money.funny how when the movie came out,it did EXACTLY what I predicted it would,which was gross over 300 million because of the NAME alone. roll eyes (sarcastic) AGAIN since you only read PARTS of my post.if spidey had only been out for a couple years or so,no way in hell does it become a blockbuster.got it? good. Now TRY to pay attention because you obviously only read parts of my post.the NAME alone is why it made so much money.EVERYBODY had heard of spiderman,VERY FEW have heard of those other characters.got it? good.dont force me to repeat myself again because you choose to either ignore the points or only read parts of the post.AGAIN ELEKTRA is more adult themed,spidey is aimed at kids. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kazenji
I beg to differ with ghost rider they tried too much to make it like spiderman and lost its darker edge which the comics had

maybe so but that doesnt account for the fact that practically everybody in the world already loved spiderman as a character and everywhere you go ,you see spidey backpacks on kids everywhere.spidey is a much more likeable and well known character than those others especially with kids which is a huge factor.try to think outside the box once in a while.

Soljer
as usual,like all man-spider fans you DONT listen as always and cant be reasoned with.you ignored my points that the NAME spider-man alone and throw in some amazing special effects like they did is WHY the movies made so much money.funny how when the movie came out,it did EXACTLY what I predicted it would,which was gross over 300 million because of the NAME alone. roll eyes (sarcastic) AGAIN since you only read PARTS of my post.if spidey had only been out for a couple years or so,no way in hell does it become a blockbuster.got it? good. Now TRY to pay attention because you obviously only read parts of my post.the NAME alone is why it made so much money.EVERYBODY had heard of spiderman,VERY FEW have heard of those other characters.got it? good.dont force me to repeat myself again because you choose to either ignore the points or only read parts of the post.AGAIN ELEKTRA is more adult themed,spidey is aimed at kids. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doesn't matter, fact is, adults and children both liked Spiderman. Die-hard comic fans, and total newbies to the story liked Spiderman.

NO ONE liked Elektra. Not people that knew everything about her, not people that knew NOTHING about her. Not kids, not adults, no one.

Save you, apparently.

I'm not trying to use an argument from majority here, that's not what this is about. I'm trying to find out what you saw of worth in Elektra. Or Ghost Rider.

I really don't care if your panties are in a twist about Spiderman...how in the hell did you endure more than three minutes of Elektra?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Some of Marvel's movies are good.

Kazenji
try to think outside the box once in a while.

Are you kidding me "think outside the box" if thats the case then why the **** did'nt they tone down the blade movies and make it more kiddie friendly then but instead went with the darker and horror look. If only that happen with ghost rider film

And also with Daredevil, ghost rider and elektra they may have tried to go with the adult themed look but they failed.

appleptree
Spiderman, X-Men, Batman Begins, Sin City, V for Vendetta, 300.

These are very great .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.