Blade Of Olympus vs Soul Reaver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Which weapon is more powerful.

Spidervlad
Soul Reaver.

I mean, the thing sucks in your soul, it is unbreakeable, nor is it 'takeaway-able' big grin...

Longinus
Originally posted by Estacado
Which weapon is more powerful.

I'd say Blade of Olympus but hey thats just me. Also I'm glad to see I'm not the only person on these forums that really likes War and Darksiders. Seems like it'll be an epic game.

Burning thought
soul reaver easily

MadMel
soul reaver
it can change history..
a not fully powered soul reaper can manipulate time, dimensions, fire, lightning, etc..
at full power it rips the soul of anything that falls under it....except the elder god erm

Estacado
Originally posted by MadMel
soul reaver
it can change history..
a not fully powered soul reaper can manipulate time, dimensions, fire, lightning, etc..
at full power it rips the soul of anything that falls under it....except the elder god erm
Manipulate dimensions????
Blade Of Olympus is farmore powerful then the Soul Reaver btw.It has ended the war between the Titans and the Gods in an instant by banishing the Titans it can also kill anyone in an instant the Reaver couldn't kill the Elder it just damaged him.

Originally posted by Longinus
I'd say Blade of Olympus but hey thats just me. Also I'm glad to see I'm not the only person on these forums that really likes War and Darksiders. Seems like it'll be an epic game.
Agreed.Same here can't wait to see some more trailers about it.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Estacado
Manipulate dimensions????
Blade Of Olympus is farmore powerful then the Soul Reaver btw.It has ended the war between the Titans and the Gods in an instant by banishing the Titans it can also kill anyone in an instant the Reaver couldn't kill the Elder it just damaged him.

Agreed.Same here can't wait to see some more trailers about it.

roll eyes (sarcastic) the soul reaver blade can kill anything instantly, one blast and Zues is dead not to menstion, as he says its true, full power it can manipulate dimensions, time as well as the minds of kains enemies to make them prefer to kill themselves or eachother, its a far more superior weapon, also the blast coming from the Blade of Olympus took a long time of powering up as well as a lot of Zueses power wheras the soul reaver just instantly blasts and the target is dead.

also the Elder God is not a titan is an almost planet sized being that is both in the specteral and material and is likely that it doesnt have a soul for the soul reaver to destroy so alas Kain could not kill it in one blow

Estacado
Originally posted by Burning thought
roll eyes (sarcastic) the soul reaver blade can kill anything instantly, one blast and Zues is dead not to menstion, as he says its true, full power it can manipulate dimensions, time as well as the minds of kains enemies to make them prefer to kill themselves or eachother, its a far more superior weapon, also the blast coming from the Blade of Olympus took a long time of powering up as well as a lot of Zueses power wheras the soul reaver just instantly blasts and the target is dead.

also the Elder God is not a titan is an almost planet sized being that is both in the specteral and material and is likely that it doesnt have a soul for the soul reaver to destroy so alas Kain could not kill it in one blow
Soul Reaver would kill Zeus an instant???haermm
Just because can kill humans and vampires with it don't be redicolous....
Also Kain can beat Living Tribunal...eh???shocklaugh

Burning thought
if something has a soul...the blade kills it in one shot...does living tribunal have a soul, i dont think so so Kain cannot win, does Zues have a soul? i reckon he does..

Estacado
if something has a soul...the blade kills it in one shot...does living tribunal have a soul, i dont think so so Kain cannot win, does Zues have a soul? i reckon he does..
The thread is about which weapon is more powerful....

Burning thought
so dont lead it off topic then, and the blade is without equel, infact ive yet to see any sword in a game equel to the reaver

Rewmac
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Soul Reaver.

I mean, the thing sucks in your soul, it is unbreakeable, nor is it 'takeaway-able' big grin... Same goes for the Blade Of Olympus plus it was able to wipe the titans from their power....

Burning thought
Originally posted by Rewmac
Same goes for the Blade Of Olympus plus it was able to wipe the titans from their power....

the only thing thats the same between the reaver and the blade of olympus is that their unbreakable, although i cant quite remember anyone saying it is unbreakable but i wouldnt doubt the blade of the gods being such, other than that however the sword lacks a lot of powers the reaver has

Estacado
the only thing thats the same between the reaver and the blade of olympus is that their unbreakable, although i cant quite remember anyone saying it is unbreakable but i wouldnt doubt the blade of the gods being such, other than that however the sword lacks a lot of powers the reaver has
The Reaver is more versatile but the Sword Of Olympus is more powerful for sure.

It's like comparing a Nuclear bomb to a gun which has bullets to penetrate anything.

Rewmac
the only thing thats the same between the reaver and the blade of olympus is that their unbreakable, although i cant quite remember anyone saying it is unbreakable but i wouldnt doubt the blade of the gods being such, other than that however the sword lacks a lot of powers the reaver has Or not. The blade cannot be destryed it can wipe out an entire nation, it has soul blasts and can suck out the life from people...And so much other powers the reaver is childs play...

Burning thought
the reaver can suck souls, where does the blade of olympus ever touch a soul, ive played god of war 1 and 2 to completion, i remember no time that the thing drains soul, yes ime fully aware it destoryed the titans however that took a lot of time, zues powering up the weapon charged it able enough to deal such damage also zues destroyed several battalions of soldiers with a swipe of it is powerful but so what?

the blade can be stolen by any of the gods it seems, or at least Kratos a fallen god can steal it

the reaver on the otherh and can annhilate any being with a soul simply by touching them, aiming at them and even if an enemy touches the sword they will die, so the reaver cannot be stolen from kain not to menstion the sword can turn the enemies on themselves and their allies, shoot chain lightning, manipulate time and dimensions themselves allowing its wielder to move untouched by rules of time and space...a wielder of the reaver is far more powerful than any that use the blade of olympus, even zues himself wielding it would not be able to stop kain even if kain didnt use any of his own powers and useing only the swords.

Pyron_is_God
So...the Blade gets preps for BFR'ing a bunch of big guys but the Reaver doesn't get preps for hurting a planet-sized ancient entity who controls all life and death?
Intriguing.

First_Tsurugi06
The Blade of Olympus can probably kill anything that Soul Reaver has, though it doesn't necessarily have as many powers. It CAN however, drain and absorb powers from another source thereby increasing its own potency. And while the BoO can't manipulate time and destiny, it doesn't really need to; Kratos can do that on his own, and he has the blade right now. It's easy to give it to either one, really.

I don't know, maybe in God of War III we'll be introduced to what the Blade of Olympus can really do in Kratos' hands.

Furion
Funny, The Reaver got stolen by the Hylden Lord in BO2.

NonetheLess, The Reaver is more powerful then BoO

Burning thought
by far, the BoO has limited use really, and Kratos cannot really manipulate time and destiny, not at least by himself, he needs that chamber and it would be of limited use in a battle anyway

First_Tsurugi06
by far, the BoO has limited use really, and Kratos cannot really manipulate time and destiny, not at least by himself, he needs that chamber and it would be of limited use in a battle anyway

It's uses are no more limited than what a sword is normally meant to be used for. With what powers it has, it has potentially limitless uses (or at least limitless raw power).

The Loom Chamber was collapsing at the end of God of War 2, and yet Kratos still brought the Titans back to his timeline after he travelled to the time of the Great War, I'm really on the assumption that he doesn't need the Loom Chamber that much to at least control and travel through time.

Burning thought
What i meant by uses is by the number of things it can do, special powers, its uses are limited in comparison to the Reaver for example the reaver gives teleportation type powers in the form of dimensional movements, soul swallowing meaning it could defeat enemies far beyond the BoO since the BoO is mostly destructive in power, slashing with the reaver howver would drain even the most durable of souls.

if he didnt need it, he wouldnt of used the threads to travel to when he went back to stop Zeus in the first place. Nothing seems to have changed since then to mean he would gain his own time powers, also i dont remember the chamber crumbling apart, i thot it was damaged but not destroyed hmmm, maybe ive forgotten, ill have to play it again and see if it does indeed ruin.

First_Tsurugi06
I'm aware of that much in comparison to Soul Reaver. But if that meant it was immediately less powerful, then that's only because of how little we've seen the Blade of Olympus in actual use BEYOND combat. All I'm saying is that even if Soul Reaver is more powerful (which I'm not denying), it's not by much overall, because like I said, the BoO's powers give it (or at least its wielder, which is irrelevant here, I suppose) possibly limitless potential.

That doesn't explain how he took all the Titans from a time before he was even born back to his own time to fight the Gods without any direct use of the chamber or his own thread (yes, he used the thread to enter that direct time, but nothing suggests he used it to return to the present with the Titans). Kratos used his own thread to find his own fate, not travel through it. And yes, the Loom Chamber was quite clearly in pretty bad shape after Kratos returned the first time (there was tremoring, and pieces were falling all over the screen), I really doubt it's gonna pop back up unscathed in the third game.

Burning thought
who knows well just have to see, but i dont see anywhere where suddenly Kratos would gain his own time shifting powers by himself, nothing changed that would give him the power, if he used it to get there, he likely needs it to get back or move through time otherwise he would not of used it in the first place, but either way it doesnt matter, the debate is Soul reaver Vs BoO which i belive has already been solved big grin

Csdabest
Soul Reaver by far. Blade of the Olympus is a joke. Kind of sad when you dont find a weapons true abilities by using it in combat. SMH

First_Tsurugi06
The first time it was used was in the middle of a war, and it created a world-scaping shockwave that engulfed every Titan in range. It also decimated an entire city-full of soldiers (with a single swipe), and also killed what could only be killed by the power of Pandora's Box. If that's a joke, then alot of other weapons are the opening acts for it. Like I said, even if it's less powerful than Sould Reaver (and I can admit that's possible, if not already likely), it's still more powerful than most other weapons that I can think of comparing it to (like for example, the long-ass katana that everyone's favorite silver-haired nutcase wields).

Becci
Total destruction does not necessarily equals extreme power. There are more than one way to peel a banana. You will see a larger, still powerful variation of peeling from Soul Reaver smile

First_Tsurugi06
True, but intant banishment to Tartarus, power-absorption does not necessarily equal total destruction--the BoO's at least a little more versatile than that, but it is still primarily a weapon.

Arestrike
If Kratos need the chamber to manipulate time, how was he able to bring the titans back in time to aid him then. If i rember right he wasn't in the chamber....

I don't know much about the Reaver, but from what ive read it's powerful. I'm still going with the Blade of Olympus on this. fully upgraded it can fire beams without having to charge up and, as said above, it can wipe out entire armies in the right hands.

Dark-Jaxx
Raw power is BoO, versatility is Reaver.

Burning thought
BoO is douched

Gumachi
SR>BoO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.