Character Parameters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindship
What is your preference...

1. Costumed appearance (Superman, Wonder Woman, etc), or noncostumed (eg, Silver Surfer, Sasquatch)?

2. Elaborate appearance (eg, RK Thor), or simple (Daredevil)?

3. For superpower source: radiation, mutation, alien, divine or tech?

4. Closed powerset (eg, Superman, Flash), or open powerset (eg, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange)?

5. Power level: low, mid or high tier?

6. Conventional moniker (eg, Spider-Man, Batman), or more unconventional (eg, Hulk, Dr. Manhattan)?

DigiMark007
Cool idea.

- Top Tier
- Anything but muties
- Costumed (usually elaborate)
- Open Power Set (versatility is so much mroe fun than just power)

Spidey is one of very few exceptions to the top tier thing...but I have a hard time getting into street people. Most of my favorites (Alan Scott, The Doctor, Adam Warlock, etc.) fall into those categories.

Soljer
I like it all....

There is a certain appreciation, however, for the 'realistic' heroes. Those that have a power set with a realistic explanation, who have a costume that's more like a uniform - not flamboyantly comic. That's as high-powered as is realistic, and has a moniker that's closer to a codename than a Superhero alias.

However, I have no real preference. I like it all, really. Costumed, not costumed, realistic, unrealistic, high powered, low powered.

Makes no real difference to me, erm.

Blair Wind
1. Costumed, but with a reason for it. Ironman, Batman come to mind.

2. A deceptively simple design (black panther)

3. Anything really. Tech is cool though.

4. Variety is the name of the game.

5. All across the board on this one.

6. meh

DigiMark007
I find that my favorite tier reflects whatever tier is being used in the most current tournament...mainly because I'm so focused on it, either as a participant or as a judge. Right now I want to say mid-tier. But that will fade. In a neutral time period, top tier would win out for me.

Faceman
Originally posted by Mindship

1. Costumed appearance (Superman, Wonder Woman, etc), or noncostumed (eg, Silver Surfer, Sasquatch)?

4. Closed powerset (eg, Superman, Flash), or open powerset (eg, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange)?

6. Conventional moniker (eg, Spider-Man, Batman), or more unconventional (eg, Hulk, Dr. Manhattan)?

I'm into all of them, but I prefer ,

1. Street Level
2. Cosmic

Creshosk
1. I like a combonation of the two, Female characters wearing nothing.

Someone had to say it.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Faceman
I'm into all of them, but I prefer ,

1. Street Level
2. Cosmic

Me too, its like I tend to enjoy the end of both sides of the spectrum.

Mindship
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Spidey is one of very few exceptions to the top tier thing... Agreed. Before I developed a solid preference for top tier, he was by far my favorite character, and I still think he's pretty damn cool.

Originally posted by Creshosk
Female characters wearing nothing.

Someone had to say it. Aye, lad. 'Tis a fine job ya did, too.

llagrok
1. Costumed.

2. Elaborate is always fun, but simple can be the best if done right?

3. Mutation or magic?

4. Well, I like people who initially have a closed powerset, but are still able to do a lit with what they have. Super-man in example, using his speed to vibrate and become intangibility. But versatile powers are always more fun.

5. Street and herald.

6. Slightly unconventional, like Kid Omega.

Good thread.

Priest

1. Depends really, some Costumes could be really awesome like Genis, but a simple non attire like Silver Surfer is equally as cool.
If i had to pick ill take the costume appearance.

2. Ill take the Elaborate appearance. RKT costume was pretty freaking sweet.

3. Devine for me, God are cool, look at characters like Thor, and Orion.

4. Open Powerset will almost trump a closed powerset. Versatility for me.

5. Mostly hearld, e.g Hulk, SS, Genis, Thor, Superman, Green Lantern.
But there is some Street gems that i cant never depart with, Spiderman, Batman, and yes even Wolverine.

6. Dosen't matter.

nimbus006

My answer for every single question is it depends on the character, but i like variety so there all good.

Grinning Goku

Costumed, simple, mutation, divine, closed power set, low to mid to upper mid.

marvelprince
Costumed appearance - Doesn't matter too much but I have a preference for the costumes.

Elaborate appearance - I prefer a more simple design

Superpower source - Doesn't matter

Closed/Open powerset - Definitely closed. I like for my characters to have limits

Power Level - Low. I'm a street guy. I like some cosmic stuff, but I'll take the city streets any day

Moniker - Doesn't matter

Validus
1. Costumed appearance
2. Elaborate appearance
3. Meh
4. Closed powerset
5. High Tier
6. Meh

Dinalfos

I like a good costume, though I really despise capes confused

Elaborate usually looks cool, but it also stands out. It's kinda distracting and campy. But sometimes it works really well.

Well, radiation is a big nono these days. I don't really care what it is, as long as its relatively plausible within its own context. I also like power sources to be mysterious and multi-interpretable.

In general, closed powerset. Easily. Unless we're talking higher beings with a god-like status. It wouldn't be right to limit their powers. But I do believe that a closed powerset helps most lower tier characters to develop more naturally. Part of the fun for me is learning how a character deals with his or her powers and their limitations.

Doesn't matter at all, as long as the character is good.

Doesn't matter at all, as long as the character is good.

Mindship
1. Noncostumed
2. Simple
3. Tech
4. Closed powerset
5. High tier
6. Unconventional moniker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.