Nuclear strike-back. Revenge, or reprisal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Black Ghost
I have always wondered this. Say there are two countries in the world, big with many cities...etc...

You are the leader of one country, and you are at war with the other. Your military advisors tell you that the enemy has launched a full-scale nuclear strike against your nation, targeting major cities and military bases. Obviously your first response would be to try to stop as many missiles as you can, and get as many of your people to safety as possible.

You now have two options before the missiles strike. A) Make no offensive move against the enemy. B) Launch your own attack on enemy cities and bases, as retaliation.

No other informaiton is known about the enemy, the people there, or who supports who -it doesnt really matter here. What would you do?

If you chose to attack, would you say it is an act of revenge, or justice/reprisal? If you chose not to, then why?

KMC.Chan
B) cause I wanna strike before they do.

dadudemon

Tangible God
What he^ said. I'd rather leave my nation a smoking heap of radioactive ruin than plunge the entire globe in nuclear winter. MAD sucks, and I'd sooner concentrate covering my borders with anti-missile emplacements than focus on bringing the whole world down with me in an act of revenge.

The Black Ghost
Same as I thought. It would seem at least that the truth would have to get out to the people of said other country, who would ultimately question their leadership and overthrow the person who launched the nukes. Maybe.

BobbyD
Wow...j-just wow. I wouldn't know what to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.