All star Batman and Boy Wonder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Is anyone else finding the story floping out/weak, confusing? Issue 5 the JLA are pissed off at Batman and supposed to go after him...but Issue 6 comes along and no JLA to be found....ERM? confused

Galan007
The first 3 issues were pretty good...

But the last few issues have been utter crap, imo. erm

Rorschach
The story does seem to be falling behind but it's still freaking hilarious. laughing

I never liked the mainstream Batman, but All-Star Batman is a great character, IMO.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rorschach
The story does seem to be falling behind but it's still freaking hilarious. laughing

I never liked the mainstream Batman, but All-Star Batman is a great character, IMO.

Because Emotional Depth and Character Development are overrated teehee

Rorschach
Originally posted by Grimm22
Because Emotional Depth and Character Development are overrated teehee

Yeah. laughing

tjcoady

endrict
In issue 5, JLA were supposed to go after Batman and where are they now? oh wait!!! that's right they will come in issue 7-10.

marvelprince

Juntai
I enjoy it. That's all I ask for in any comic really, entertain me for 20 or 30some pages each time your comic comes out, and I'll keep buying.

Alfheim
What is this all-stars business is it DCs version of the ultimate universe?

Validus
Originally posted by Alfheim
No.

Galan007
What is this all-stars business is it DCs version of the ultimate universe? It depends what you mean by that.

Validus
Originally posted by Galan007
It depends what you mean by that.
How? The two don't share anything in common other than being comic books outside of normal continuity.

marvelprince

Nope. Just an out of continuity tale

Originally posted by Juntai
I enjoy it. That's all I ask for in any comic really, entertain me for 20 or 30some pages each time your comic comes out, and I'll keep buying.

I can't get into it. Waaay to radical take on Batman for my liking.

roughrider
It's become one of DC's most laughable properties - and not in a good way - after a mountain of hype for it's two creators. Frank Miller should resign from ever writing Batman again.
But it's only crappy in small doses, because we only get 1-2 issues a year. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince
Nope. Just an out of continuity tale

Its not a seperate universe... because there is all star superman and apparently thats canon.

Galan007
Originally posted by Validus
How? The two don't share anything in common other than being comic books outside of normal continuity. This is what I was getting at...

Those titles are only similar, in that they are completely divergent/separate from the mainstream Marvel/DC Universes. smile

Galan007
Nope. Just an out of continuity tale It's not out of continuity, just a separate continuity.... Still very much canonical. smile

Alfheim
It's not out of continuity, just a separate continuity.... Still very much canonical. smile

Thats what I was thinking....there he goes with the smilie again. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Thats what I was thinking.... thumb up

smile

Validus
Yeah, I've gone into detail on my feelings regarding that smilie. sad

marvelprince
It's not out of continuity, just a separate continuity.... Still very much canonical. smile

Sorry, thats what I meant. Got my terminology mixed up there a bit smile

Galan007
Sorry, thats what I meant. Got my terminology mixed up there a bit smile Cool beans. thumb up

Philosophía
http://blog.newsarama.com/2008/09/09/im-the-expletive-deleted-almost-batman/

Lulz.

Philosophía
Also ..

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17985

carnage52

roughrider
That Frank Miller claims this is the same universe he wrote Dark Knight Returns & Year One in...just wrong. thumb down

He truly doesn't give a f**k about comics outside of Sin City these days, does he? Being the big-shot director he thinks he is now. C**t.

(I see the censor here works better than the one at DC. stick out tongue )

Juntai
curse word issue is selling like mad on ebay.

Galan007
i liked the issue. not my favorite, but far from bad.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by roughrider
That Frank Miller claims this is the same universe he wrote Dark Knight Returns & Year One in...just wrong. thumb down

He truly doesn't give a f**k about comics outside of Sin City these days, does he? Being the big-shot director he thinks he is now. C**t.

(I see the censor here works better than the one at DC. stick out tongue )

So, despite the fact that All Star Batman is entirely different from the character shown in Year One, they're in the same continuity? What a prick. Isn't Year One in the "real" Batman continuity too?

And there is a Batman forum, you know...

WrathfulDwarf

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Just sad....they don't know what to do with this series anymore.

What a collapse...it look promising (back in 05)

Thats funny seeing 05 and now its 08, 3 years for 9 comics??? laughing

willRules
Yeah it's really weird and perverse. Art's good though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.