Recasting the Original Franchise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bat Dude
Ok, after coming across topics about it on the internet, I decided to post my dream cast for main parts in the original franchise...

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Alec Baldwin (age 31 in 89)
Now don't get me wrong, I loved Keaton in Burton's movies, but I think Baldwin could have done just as good, and it would have appeased the raging fanboys of the time... He could be the "near psychotic, brooding Batman" that Burton had wanted and he looked more like Bruce Wayne from the comics, again, to appease the fanboys... And he would have been the right age, too, so he could be in multiple sequels (all of them if I got my way)... Just check out this picture, it SCREAMS Bruce Wayne...
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/malice1.JPG

Jack Napier/Joker: Willem Dafoe (age 34 in 89)
Again, don't get me wrong, I loved Nicholoson in B89, but again, I think Dafoe could have done just as good with the Joker character (he could either be over the top, or more subtle, but still psychotic and at times, humorous in a dark way) And he looks more the part, even has the grin... And it would be interesting to see him as Jack Napier the gangster...
http://www.nndb.com/people/789/000022723/willemdafoe.jpg

Vicki Vale: Kim Basinger (age 36 in 89)
Why mess with perfection? She was beautiful... And Baldwin and Basinger might have hit it off sooner, so they would have fond memories of Batman, until they divorce later in life...
http://www.wtad.com/kim-basinger.jpg (beauty if I ever saw it)

Harvey Dent/Two-Face: Val Kilmer (age 30 in 89 and age 36 in 95)
I think he would be a good Harvey Dent if he had a good script and a good director... He looks the part, and could make a good Two-Face that is serious and tragic if given good material to work with...
http://www.geocities.com/brookeandtanya.geo/val/val7.jpg

Commissioner Gordon: Paul Newman (age 64 in 89)
He IS James Gordon, or at least, he was, at a time... I know he could nail the role... (guy on the left, of course)
http://www.americanphoto.co.jp/photosearch/Previews/PLX045286.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth: Michael Gough
He was good and convincing as Alfred, so I would keep him, definitely...

Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin: Joe Pesci (age 49 in 92)
He looks like the Penguin, has the build of the Penguin, and is used to playing gangster roles (the story could be changed to him trying to "reform" the mob with traditional made-men and also with freaks like the Red Triangle Gang, while trying to convince Gotham he's mayor material, so he can control city affairs, making his operations run WAY more smoothly, turning the story into a "Can Batman find evidence of Penguin's real plan while trying to fend off the feline fatale, Catwoman?" He does, and the people and Shrek turn against Oswald, and it drives him crazy, sending the Red Triangle Gang to attack the WayneCorp charity ball to find Shrek, where Selina and Bruce happen to be... Basically more comic accurate while keeping splices of Returns)... Just look at this picture...
http://biografie.leonardo.it/img/bio/j/Joe_Pesci.jpg (THAT is the Penguin)

Selina Kyle/Catwoman: Michelle Pfeiffer (age 34 in 92)
Again, why mess with perfection? And she'd be the same age as Baldwin in 92, so everything a fanboy could complain about is gone... I also think they would have good chemistry (maybe not as great as Keaton/Pfeiffer, but still there)...

Max Shrek: Christopher Walken
He's just awesome... Nuff said (He could be a secret financial aid to Penguin, and his close ally... He ends up double crossing Selina Kyle, which causes her to become Catwoman out of revenge (as a great parallel to the character of Batman)

Chase Meridian: Nicole Kidman
She can stay, just a generic love interest, anyway...

Ed Nigma/Riddler: Bronson Pinchot (age 36 in 95)
He has the ability to play the hyper Frank Gorshin Riddler to Val Kilmer's serious Two-Face...
http://www.matchflick.com/pimages/15324.jpg ("You were supposed to understand... I'll make you understand"wink

Dick Grayson/Robin: Rider Strong (age 16 in 95)
He hit it big with Boy Meets World as Shawn Hunter, a "rebellious bad boy" type character... He's got the ability to pull off the rebellious "Why won't you trust me?" Grayson... And by 19 he could have an argument, break away, and become Nightwing...
http://www.vivianreed.net/BMW/media/rider11.jpg
http://www.blowingsmoke.arizona.edu/scanned_pictures/riderstrong.jpg (Like mentor like ward, I always say)

Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy: Julianne Moore (age 38 in 98)
Natural redhead... Beautiful... From what I've seen, good acting ability... Can be a seductress...
http://www.nndb.com/people/670/000023601/julianne-moore-1-sized.jpg

Victor Fries/Mr. Freeze: Patrick Stewart (age 50 in 98)
He IS Mr. Freeze! Why Schumacher didn't cast him, I'll never know... He would definitely make Freeze the tragic, emotionless character he truly is...
http://www.popentertainment.com/patrickstewart01.jpg

Jonathon Crane/Scarecrow: Johnny Depp (age 38 in 2001)
He's played misunderstood roles before (Edward Scissorhands), and Scarecrow was originally in the comics a professor misunderstood by others, who was gonna use the money he stole to gain acceptance (the Returns Penguin, only not deformed)...
http://www.dvdenlared.com/data/docs/20070524024851/johnny_depp_01.jpg

Harleen Quinzell/Harley Quinn: Courtney Love (age 37 in 2001)
She may not be an actress, but she's blonde, controversial, and looks a lot like Harley Quinn... Give her a good script and she'll do fine... Her character would not be Joker's daughter, but someone who fell in love with the Joker through old newspaper articles and tv reports... She is dedicated to continuing the legacy of her "Mr. J"...
http://www.matgiordano.com/pics/courtney-love-01.jpg (That looks like Harley Quinn a little, doesn't it?)

Everyone else, like Knox, Grissom, Eckhardt, Mayor Borg, Bob the Goon, etc. would still be the actors who portrayed them...

Also, Knox would be in Returns as a reporter covering the elections...

And the Mafia wouldn't just disappear, even if the Joker pretty much destroyed it in B89...

And there'd be more explanation as to where Selina went, where Vale went, if Kyle is ever coming back

And finally, all the movies would take place in B89 Gotham, with the Elfman score, Burton Batmobile, etc. With no neon, butt/crotch shots, or nipples in sight...

P.S. A nice analysis of the Batman character that would be around in this world... Bruce Wayne (Alec Baldwin) first became Batman out of a "make sure it never happens again" mentality (notice how in the first half of B89 he never intentionally tries to kill someone?), then when he finds out Napier killed his parents, his motive switches to revenge, (second half was filled with him trying to kill Joker, until he finally did) then he triumphantly looks at the Bat Signal, now using his new, lethal methods with the "make sure it never happens again" motive... However, the more criminals he murders, the more distant and cold blooded he becomes (his noticeably darker mood in Returns), until he realizes he needs to stop this monster before anyone else is killed... ("When you find him, and then you kill him, it doesn't go away, you go out into the night, searching for another face, and another and another, until you realize that revenge has become your whole life." I'd keep that line between Bruce and Grayson in film 3, as he doesn't want Grayson to learn that lesson the hard way, the way he did, and the way Selina did) He realizes this around the end of Returns, a little before the dance with Selina scene where they find out who they both are... ("Now don't give me the 'Killing Shrek won't solve anything' speech cause it will..." "Wrong on both accounts..."wink He tries to tell Selina that killing Shrek will only cause depression and sorrow, and he wants what's best for her... However, she cannot be swayed (like he was in B89) and she kills him the same way she does in Returns... The ending is very much the same, except it's different in Penguin doesn't die... Bruce and Alfred drive off, while Selina triumphantly looks at the Bat Signal (sounds familiar, huh?)

Any thoughts? Sorry for the long post, just wanted my ideas heard...

WrathfulDwarf
I've always consider Ray Liotta as a good Harvey Dent/Two face.

Whisper
I've always thought Ray Liotta would actually be a great Bruce Wayne/Batman. Got those crazy eyes. Gonna go and think about who I'd cast in all the roles if it was being made today.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Yeah, his name came up a lot in the places I looked for ideas... He's a great actor (loved Goodfellas) but I just can't see him as Harvey Dent/Two-Face... But, to each his own...

Mr Parker
this has been done to death.But since it IS being done again my two major complaints of the casting of the Burton/Scumacher Batman movies have always been the two main characters of course BATMAN "AND" ROBIN. Yeah I always thought that Baldwin should have been cast back then as Bruce Wayne.He is a great actor who would have been so perfect for that role back then and he at least had the right physical build and looked the part which is very crucial for the role of bruce Wayne,his casting choise would have pleased ALL the batman fans.For Robin,

How the hell could Schumacher have passed up Scott Weinger from the show FULL HOUSE? that guy would have been so perfect for the role of Robin.He had the right look,was the right age,had the right charisma for Robin.He would have been PERFECT for that part.anybody would have been a better choice over chris-"no acting talent at all" O'donnel who was also wayyyyyyyyyy too old to be adopted as Robin. laughing He looked the same age as Kilmer for god sakes.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Mr Parker
this has been done to death.

Well sorry! Maybe I happen to like the casting ideas I posted... And I've only posted my ideas about it ONCE... I haven't been posting it for like a year or anything... I've never seen any others on this forum... Maybe in the Archives (where I never go), but jeez, I joined in 04, and NEVER have I seen an "Original Franchise Casting List"... If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of one, maybe I'll take your word for it...

Mr Parker
I would have to back to the archives and i could do that but I know I will find at least two of them listed cause I know its been done at least twice.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Ray Liotta is a fine actor. He should have been considered.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Ray Liotta is a fine actor. He should have been considered.

I heard that he was at one point considered for the role, but wanted no part of it because he was thinking "Adam West camp"... Once he found out what Burton was doing with it, he kinda regretted not taking the role...

And Mr. Parker: Absoulutely! I forgot that guy existed, but once I googled the name and saw a picture of him, it came back to me... He would have been a great choice for Robin... But if I had to choose between the two, I'd still go with Rider...

As an update in my casting, I remembered that Napier had to be old enough to have killed the Waynes in his early 20s... So I have to scrap Dafoe...

As a replacement, I'd either keep Nicholson or go with Robert DeNiro... I think DeNiro would have been able to play the cocky gangster Jack Napier, while playing the psychotic, homicidal, yet still cocky and self worshipping Joker...

DeNiro in all his glory
http://www.celebritiesfans.com/Pic/robertdeniro.jpg

Whoa, I just noticed I casted 2 of the 3 Goodfellas stars... But I still don't think Liotta as Harvey Dent...

So now that I have a cast, I might as well get to making new plot synopsis's for Returns, Forever, and B&R... And make a new Triumphant... Maybe I'll post them in this thread soon... Got some time on my hands...

Il.Mozalini
Billy Dee Williams is my dream cast for Harvey Dent...and for Batman. Imagine Batman defeating the Joker and then having a Colt 45. Genius.

SelinaAndBruce
I wish Billy Dee had gotten to play Two Face too

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Billy Dee was all wrong for Dent.

SelinaAndBruce
Billy Dee was all wrong for Dent.
I didn't think so. Why was he?

Il.Mozalini
Because he should have played Batman.

Whisper
From the 1st moment I saw Sophie Ellis Bextor I thought she was born to play Selina Kyle.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2915/sophieul6.png
Shot at 2007-08-11

Mr Parker
And Mr. Parker: Absoulutely! I forgot that guy existed, but once I googled the name and saw a picture of him, it came back to me... He would have been a great choice for Robin... But if I had to choose between the two, I'd still go with Rider...

err Rider,who is that? confused Yeah if Weinger had been cats for that role,I would have absolutely have loved Batman Forever.just like christopher reeve brought the character of clark kent/superman to life and JK SIMMONS did wit J Jonah jameson in spiderman as well.Weinger would have brought the character of Robin to life from the comicbook pages as well.There was not a better choice out there better than him.another actor I thought of who would have been better than o'donnel any day of the year is Fred savage.He was the right age as well and could have brought something to the table also I think.ANYBODY other than o'donnel would have been a huge improvement.

Bat Dude

err Rider,who is that? confused Yeah if Weinger had been cats for that role,I would have absolutely have loved Batman Forever.just like christopher reeve brought the character of clark kent/superman to life and JK SIMMONS did wit J Jonah jameson in spiderman as well.Weinger would have brought the character of Robin to life from the comicbook pages as well.There was not a better choice out there better than him.another actor I thought of who would have been better than o'donnel any day of the year is Fred savage.He was the right age as well and could have brought something to the table also I think.ANYBODY other than o'donnel would have been a huge improvement.

Rider Strong is that guy from Boy Meets World who played Shawn Hunter, the guy who's co-star for the show was Ben Savage (who, ironically, is Fred Savage's younger brother)... He was also in Cabin Fever not too long ago... He'll be in Cabin Fever 2 as well... I just think he would have been able to play the Dick Grayson who wants to be Bruce's aide, but Bruce refuses. He does everything to convince Bruce that he needs him, but Bruce still refuses, knowing it's against the law to put a minor in danger. He goes out and tries to fight a gang, but he fails badly... Something happens to Bruce that makes him realize how mortal he is, and that Gotham will always need Batman, so in the end, Grayson ends up being accepted, if only for Bruce to have an heir...

I don't know if Weinger would have been cats, but if he had been cast, I think he would have done pretty well... Again, like you said, anyone would've been better than O' Donnell...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Rider Strong is that guy from Boy Meets World who played Shawn Hunter, the guy who's co-star for the show was Ben Savage (who, ironically, is Fred Savage's younger brother)... He was also in Cabin Fever not too long ago... He'll be in Cabin Fever 2 as well... I just think he would have been able to play the Dick Grayson who wants to be Bruce's aide, but Bruce refuses. He does everything to convince Bruce that he needs him, but Bruce still refuses, knowing it's against the law to put a minor in danger. He goes out and tries to fight a gang, but he fails badly... Something happens to Bruce that makes him realize how mortal he is, and that Gotham will always need Batman, so in the end, Grayson ends up being accepted, if only for Bruce to have an heir...

I don't know if Weinger would have been cats, but if he had been cast, I think he would have done pretty well... Again, like you said, anyone would've been better than O' Donnell...

I always thought o'donnel as robin was somthing YOU never had a problem with in that movie.that you liked that casting choice? Rider strong as robin? well if you dye his hair black I can see that. ben savage? was he the guy that played the main character in that show cory? I bet Schumacher only cast o'donel cause he thought he was cute. big grin thats tthe way a lot of these directors are.Ive see it all the time in hollywood,that Ilearn later that a certain male actor got cast because that director was gay and only cast him because he thought he was cute.because o'donnel sure as hell has no acting ability and like I said,was way too old to be adopted.I mean I dont see how schumacher could possibly have not been aware of him.again I think he would have brought robin straight from the comicbooks to life and people would think of him being robin as in THATS ROBIN! the same way they thought chris reeve as superman or jk simmons as jameson being brought to life straight from the comics.its a shame nobody ever wants to take the time to look up what weinger looks like when I mentioned his name like you did,because i am sure they would all agree if the saw a pic of him,they would all agree with us that HE should have been cast back then.

Bat Dude
I always thought o'donnel as robin was somthing YOU never had a problem with in that movie.that you liked that casting choice?

What's that supposed to mean?

Mr Parker
I thought I always remember hearing you say that you thought O'donnel was a good choice.That he was good in that role and fit the part is all is what I was asking? I thought you always said that so I was confused when you agreed with me that anybody would have been a better choice for robin other than o'donnel? we NEVER agree on anything about the batman movies remember? other than begins was a good film anyways.

Bat Dude
Oh, yeah, I think I remember that... But that was a LONG time ago... I was young and stupid...

Well, I might have a new plot summary for Batman 89 up soon, then I'll start on Batman Returns... (I'm trying to get this thread to the 3rd page big grin )

Mr Parker
oh well then if your talking about BOTH movies then its all good because it was only talked about a couple times for just the first movie.you should do it for batman forever as well also and stop after batman forever since most batman fans agree that batman and robin was just to bad that no amount of new casting could have saved THAT batman movie. big grin

Bat Dude
oh well then if your talking about BOTH movies then its all good because it was only talked about a couple times for just the first movie.you should do it for batman forever as well also and stop after batman forever since most batman fans agree that batman and robin was just to bad that no amount of new casting could have saved THAT batman movie. big grin

Well, I'll definitely do it for Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever (if I find the time), but I might give B&R a shot at redeeming itself... My ideas would include...

Make Mr. Freeze tragic and emotionless (without the stupid puns), but also utilize the precrisis diamond thief persona (one of the things B&R could have done well, but ultimately did poorly)... He would use the diamonds to pay for research to cure his wife... However, when Batman and Robin interfere, and Nora dies by accident, Freeze decides to make the people who wronged him feel his pain (again, something B&R could have done right, but failed at)... Namely, freeze Gotham (yet again, something that would have worked out if executed correctly)

Also, Ivy would work with Freeze to "recreate" the world the way she wants, but double-cross him when it's done... (yet again, something that would have worked had it been executed right)

Batman and Robin's partnership would be strained throughout the movie (something that would have worked well, had they not just forgave each other at the end), and after they defeat Freeze and Ivy, Bruce would point out everything Grayson did wrong and what he should have done. Grayson gets pissed, tells Bruce he can't take living in the "Shadow of the Bat" anymore, takes his stuff (but not his costume), and leaves...

Or I could do something completely different...

Mr Parker
I assume your still working on new ideas for the movies batdude just havent had time to post them yet right? big grin

Bat Dude
I assume your still working on new ideas for the movies batdude just havent had time to post them yet right? big grin

Absolutely! It's just that with school and everything that comes with it (homework, etc.), I haven't had the time to finish some of it... I'll try to finish the first and the first half of the second sometime this week, preferably having it up on Friday...

So stay tuned! mad laughing

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Absolutely! It's just that with school and everything that comes with it (homework, etc.), I haven't had the time to finish some of it... I'll try to finish the first and the first half of the second sometime this week, preferably having it up on Friday...

So stay tuned! mad laughing

What courses are you taking?

Bat Dude
What courses are you taking?

Do you really want to know? I'm only a freshman, so I'm trying to take easy classes, just more of them, to accumulate credits...

Spanish
College Prep English (I tried Honors once and failed miserably, so)
College Prep Earth Science
Geometry
P.E. (yeah, but only one more year of it! Wooo!)
Honors World History (only Honors class)
Art 1

But anyway... Yeah, I'll try to get it up on Friday...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Do you really want to know? I'm only a freshman, so I'm trying to take easy classes, just more of them, to accumulate credits...

Spanish
College Prep English (I tried Honors once and failed miserably, so)
College Prep Earth Science
Geometry
P.E. (yeah, but only one more year of it! Wooo!)
Honors World History (only Honors class)
Art 1

But anyway... Yeah, I'll try to get it up on Friday...

Best wishes in school. I took those classes once a long ago.

Bat Dude
Best wishes in school. I took those classes once a long ago.

Thanks!

Anyhow, I'll definitely have the first up this week... Love that there are some people interested in my ideas... (And that this thread may see a 3rd page big grin )

Bat Dude
Well folks... The day we've ALL been waiting for... The day we get to read my first plot overview... Batman...

WARNING: EXTREMELY LONG POST! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Approaching its 200th anniversary, Gotham City's leaders fear that the high level of criminal activity will deter citizens from attending the celebrations. Gotham's mayor William Borg (Lee Wallace) orders newly elected District Attorney Harvey Dent (Val Kilmer) to make the city safe again, in hopes of revitalizing local business. During a post election speech at a press conference, Dent, targets Mafia boss Carl Grissom (Jack Palance), who controls much of the criminal activity within Gotham and has paid off a significant segment of the police force.

Meanwhile, a mysterious vigilante who witnesses claim to be calling himself "Batman" has attracted the attention of both the police and the local media by taking down a couple of muggers that night. Newspaper reporter Alexander Knox (Robert Wuhl) tries to investigate, but his questions are deflected by Lt. Eckhardt (William Hootkins), a skeptical cop on Grissom's payroll. After stonewalling Knox, Eckhardt goes to pick up a payment from Grissom's second in command Jack Napier (Robert DeNiro). Napier tells Eckhardt that Dent is moving in on some of Grissom's operations. Eckhardt replies by saying that he takes care of that kind of problem and that he takes orders from Grissom, not loose cannon nutjobs. Napier, so proud of himself and obviously having a inflated sense of importance, tells Eckhardt he should start thinking about the future of the business. Eckhardt laughs and tells Napier that he has no future, once he has lost his usefulness, he's gone. Napier, enraged, shoves Eckhardt. Eckhardt pulls out a pistol, but almost immediately, Bob (Tracey Walter), Napier's most trusted bodyguard, pulls out a gun of his own and aims at Eckhardt. Napier, knowing Eckhardt can't touch him, begins to laugh as he leaves, telling Eckhardt that he better be sure.

When Knox arrives at work the next day, he is lightheartedly mocked by his peers for continuing his "exclusive" on the Batman. He laughs and makes his way to his desk. He sees an attractive woman sitting at his desk reading a newspaper. He instantly comes up with some cheesy pick-up line. She acknowledges him and introduces herself as Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger). He remembers her from her photos in Vogue, Cosmo, and Time during it's story on Corto Maltese. She confirms this and tells him she came to take pictures of Gotham's wildlife. Knox asks what she's looking for. She replies with the simple word "bats". He asks who sent her, and she says that she read his article and it interested her. She says that with her photos and his words, they'll get a Pulitzer Prize for sure. He agrees to work with her, telling her that he's been trying to get Commissioner Gordon (Paul Newman) on the phone but he's been avoiding him. Vicki tells him that he'll be at Bruce Wayne's (Alec Baldwin) charity ball. He is overcome with joy at the news, but then realizes he wasn't invited. Just then, Vicki pulls out two invitations from her purse. He smiles and the two walk out together.

Meanwhile, in Carl Grissom's penthouse, he reads a headline from the newspaper about Harvey Dent's crusade against him. He then makes a note about Axis Chemicals and the files it contains. These files hold documentation about Grissom's activities. If Dent got a hold of these, Grissom would be looking at major jail time. He asks his lieutenants for some advice. Jack Napier gives him very obivous advice (break in, trash the office, take the files, and blame it on industrial espionage) and treats it like divine revelation. Grissom agrees, telling him that he should handle the operation personally. Grissom then tells all his lieutenants thank you and that they can leave. Jack stays behind, asking Grissom if someone else can handle it, because he doesn't like the atmosphere of the place. Grissom tells Jack that it's an important job and he needs someone he can trust to carry it out. He needs his "Number One Guy". Jack reluctantly agrees and leaves.

Bruce Wayne's charity ball is a big success. All of Gotham's elite have turned out for the event. Commissioner Gordon, Mayor Borg, Harvey Dent, etc. Also having shown up is Alexander Knox and Vicki Vale, both looking for Commissioner Gordon. Vicki Vale, curious as to who Bruce Wayne really is, goes up to someone and asks where he is. The man, who is actually Bruce Wayne, is caught off guard and is unknowing of her intentions. He tells her he's not sure, and she moves on. Intrigued, Bruce watches her. Knox, "interviewing" a lovely bartender, notices Gordon being informed by an officer. He motions for Vicki to listen in, but she cannot see him. The officer tells Gordon that the station got a tip that Jack Napier was cleaning out Axis Chemicals. Gordon, infuriated, demands to know why he wasn't informed sooner. The officer tells Gordon that Lt. Eckhardt took the job. The two quickly and quietly leave out the door. Knox gets Vicki and they follow. Bruce looks on, his eyes transfixed on Vicki. The two get lost and find their way into the Wayne armory, filled with weapons and armor Bruce collected during his training abroad. Knox can't help but joke around at the absurdity of one of the statues, going so far as to call it "King of the Wicker People". He and Vicki then point out an elaborate sword on the wall, not knowing where it could have come from. Suddenly, a voice tells them it's from Japan. They turn around and see a man in his early thirties (it's obviously Bruce, but they don't know it yet). Knox asks how he knows, and he says that's where he got it from. Knox then asks who the man is, and he tells them he's Bruce Wayne. Knox shakes his hand and introduces himself. Bruce then turns to Vicki, who shakes his hand and introduces herself. She asks if Bruce is sure who he is, and Bruce smiles and nods, blushing a little. Vicki and Bruce talk, obviously feeling some sort of connection, almost to the point they forget about Knox. Alfred comes in and tells Bruce that Commissioner Gordon had to leave and that it was very unexpected. Getting what Alfred is saying, he bids good evening to Vicki and Knox and leaves out a door on the opposite side of the room.

Grissom, on discovering that his mistress Alicia Hunt (Jerry Hall) is involved with Napier, sets him up to be killed by Eckhardt in the raid on Axis Chemicals. When Jack's crew gets to the files, they're already gone. Knowing that they'd been set up, Jack and his crew begin to leave, but Eckhardt's men spot them and start shooting at them. There is a large shootout between the two, and in the confusion, Jack is able to make his way up a catwalk. The plot is foiled by the arrival of Commissioner Gordon, who relieves Eckhardt of command and makes it known that he wants Napier arrested and taken alive (in hopes that he'll testify against Grissom in a plea deal). Also, the Batman arrives to check the disturbance there. After defeating the gangsters, Batman catches up to Napier. He kicks Napier's gun away and grabs him. But Bob already has Gordon at gunpoint and claims he'll off him if Batman doesn't let Jack go. Batman lets go of Jack, but once he grabs his gun and turns back around, the Batman is gone. Confused, Jack looks around, trying to find him. Bob urges Jack to get out, but Jack is truly freaked out, not knowing where the Batman is. Then, Jack spots Eckhardt, who, gun in hand, was obviously trying to kill him. As revenge, Jack yells at Eckhardt that he should've thought about the future, and then promptly and without remorse, shoots and kills him. Then, out the corner of his eye, Jack spots Batman, he quickly turns around and fires his gun, but misses. Then, Batman jumps from the shadows and attacks him, and he staggers. He falls over the railing, but Batman grabs his hand to keep him from falling. However, Jack's hand slips and he falls in a vat of unknown chemicals, and presumably died. Gordon, infuriated that they almost had Napier, orders his officers to apprehend Batman. However, he uses a grapple gun to escape.

The next day, news about Napier's demise hits newspapers all around Gotham. Knox and Vicki suspect it was the Batman. But everytime Knox began to question the Commissioner, he always hung up. Knox suggests that he and Vicki go and pick up some leads, but Vicki kindly declines, telling him that she had gotten a call from Bruce Wayne earlier that day, and that they would be having a nice dinner together.

To be continued...

Bat Dude
Part 2...

Meanwhile, in an illegal clinic, Jack Napier, thought to be dead, is bandaged up. The surgeon begins to unravel the bandaging around Napier's head. Wanting to know if the procedure was a success, Napier quickly rips the bandaging off, revealing his face to the surgeon, who is horrified at the sight. Jack asks for a mirror, when the surgeon is too slow, he yells and demands one. The surgeon gives him a mirror, and he looks at his reflection. He moans for a moment, realizing that his "looks" are gone, and that he was never important to anyone. Suddenly, he begins to laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh. He has lost his sanity. The surgeon tries to explain that his tools are not the best to use, but Jack just keeps laughing. Soon, he accidentally smashes the lightbulb (effectively concealing his face from the audience), and he leaves.

Later, at Wayne Manor, Bruce and Vicki sit in a large dining room, having a very formal dinner. Both find it very hard to communicate in the room, and both start to lose interest. Realizing that the date is going no where fast, Bruce attempts to use his playboy charm by making a "Clark Kent"-esque comment about never being in the room before tonight. Vicki giggles, and Bruce, realizing that he has her interest again, asks if she'd like to eat in the kitchen, in a more informal environment. She gladly accepts, and the two go into the kitchen with their food to have a nice evening in the company of Alfred. Alfred tells tales about Bruce's younger days, like when he and Bruce went horseback riding. At the end of his story, Alfred attends to the dishes, while Bruce pours himself and Vicki some more wine, keeping their night alive. When they are finished drinking, Vicki is drunk and unable to drive. She whispers something into Bruce's ear, and the two go upstairs...

The next morning, Carl Grissom gets out of the shower, and is ready for a meeting with the other Mafia bosses around the Gotham area. He is looking out the window, when the door behind him opens. He turns around, expecting to see Alicia, but instead he sees a man in a trenchcoat and hat shrouded in darkness. Grissom demands to know who he is, and the man asks Grissom if he's already been forgotten, in a voice easily recognized as Jack Napier's. Grissom, trying to act like he had no part of the hit contract, tells him that he's so thankful that he's alive. Jack tells him to cut the crap and that he knows he set him up because he was sneaking around with Alicia. Grissom tries to grab a gun, but Jack instantly pulls out a magnum and tells him that gambling is dangerous (Grissom's gambling with his life). Grissom goes into "pissed off" mode, and starts yelling at Jack, telling him that his life is meaningless. Jack tells Grissom that he's been dead before, and he didn't mind it, and that maybe Grissom should try it. Panicking, Girssom asks Jack if they can cut a deal, whether it be money, turf, Alicia, whatever Jack wants. Napier tells Grissom that Jack died in Axis Chemicals, and that he should call him by his proper name (he walks out of the shadows), Joker. At last, we see his face, pale white skin, red lips paired with a sick grin, and emerald green hair. Grissom freezes in terror, and "Joker" shoots Grissom in the chest. Grissom falls backward into his chair, but Joker doesn't stop there. He continues to shoot Grissom through the chest, laughing manically throughout the entire time. When his gun runs out of bullets, he drops it, calms himself, walks over to the dead Grissom, pats him on the shoulder, and tells the corpse that he's glad they had the chance to talk. He laughs as he walks off the screen.

That same morning, after having made love with Vicki, Bruce wakes up, invigorated and exercises. While he is exercising, Vicki wakes up to see him upside down, but she soon falls asleep again. When she woke up again, she found Bruce asleep on the couch. She woke him up and asked him if they could go out later. Bruce is about to reply when he suddenly freezes, then tells her that he can't and that he has a business meeting. She understands and proceeds to leave as he gets up.

In the afternoon, Joker, disguised as his former self, Jack Napier, is residing over a Mafia Commission meeting. He tells the other bosses that Grissom has gone away for a while, and until he "resurfaces", he will take authority over Grissom's operations, and ultimately, the entire Gotham Mafia. He also makes a suggestion that they should put all their effort in creating as much chaos and destruction as possible. One of the mafioso, Ricorso (John Dair), asks why Grissom didn't tell them himself. Another, Rotelli (Edwin Craig), agrees, also making note of the "stupid grin" Jack is displaying proudly. Jack responds by saying that life has been good to him. Rotelli, looking disgusted, asks what were to happen if the Commission didn't approve. Jack stands up, walks over to Rotelli, and tells him that if he doesn't want to do business, all he has to do is shake his hand, and that'll be that. Rotelli, looking perplexed, extends his hand. Jack grabs it, and his hand starts to smoke. 40,000 volts surge through Rotelli's body as Jack laughs wildly. When the smoke clears, Rotelli is nothing but a charred skeleton, and Jack flips his hand, revealing a joy buzzer. Just then, a dozen thugs armed with automatic weapons rush into the room, pointing their weapons at the mafioso. Jack makes a joke about the state of illegal weapons in the country, and starts laughing hysterically. Ricorso, with a look of legitimate fear in his eyes, tells him he's crazy. Jack just shakes his head laughing madly, then in an instant, he yells at them to get out. The thugs escort the mafioso out of the room, until only Joker, Bob, and Rotelli's corpse are left. Joker tells Bob to follow a certain Alexander Knox to find out what he knows about the vigilante Batman, and to bring his camera. Before Bob leaves, Joker mocks Grissom by telling Bob that it's an important job and he needs someone he can trust to carry it out. He needs his "Number One Guy". Bob smirks and leaves the room. Joker, as he did with Grissom, begins to make conversation with the corpse of Rotelli. He says that the mafioso aren't bad people, and that he should maybe be a little linient with them. He looks at the corpse as if it's replying, then Joker instantly changes his answer. He asks if he should eliminate him now, and looks at the corpse again. He nods, saying Rotelli has always been a vicious bastard, and that he's glad he's dead. He then starts laughing as he walks off screen.

To be continued...

Bat Dude
Part 3...

That evening, around 5 pm, Bruce Wayne goes into the city, carrying a package. He walks into an alley and opens the package, revealing two red roses. He kneels down on the cold concrete and places the roses on the ground. He gets up and stands in the alley for a few minutes, then turns around and leaves. He begins to walk towards the limo, he notices a large commotion at City Hall. Ricorso, flanked by a lawyer and two bodyguards. Reporters and photographers are everywhere, including Knox and Vicki. Bruce begins to walk over to see what is going on. A reporter asks if the rumors about "Grissom handing over his businesses to him" are true. Ricorso confirms these rumors as true, stating that they have signatures to prove it. Bruce watches when something else catches his eye, a street mime. Soon, a couple others show up, and it is then that Bruce realizes something is about to happen, however, he can't change into his costume while there are so many people around. Unknown to everyone, Bob is at the cornor, taking pictures of Knox, Ricorso, the crowd, etc. The conference is just about over when all of a sudden, someone comments that the signatures are truly legitimate, and that Grissom signed them with his blood. Everyone turns around to see a white-faced man with red lips, grinning like a madman (Joker). He pulls out a quill, and he tells the crowd that Grissom did the signature signing with that exact pen. He then throws it at Ricorso, and it gets jammed into his throat, killing him. Joker takes a bow and runs, as his goons (the mimes) proceed to shoot the bodyguards with tommy guns. The crowd goes into a panic, while Bruce just walks towards the laughing madman, who gets into a getaway car and drives off, laughing all the way. Vicki, noticing he's there, runs after him, grabbing his shoulder so he doesn't continue to follow him.

On the six o' clock news, a reporter talks about the grim events that took place at city hall. 4 gangsters dead at the scene, but 12 more were murdered around the city. The reporter claims that it's a "mob take over" that the mysterious Batman may play a part in. At that moment, someone fires a gun at the television screen. The Joker, with an angry expression, complains about Batman getting all the airtime, though it was HIS deed. he decides to play "one-up" with Batman, and Joker rushes into Axis Chemicals, yelling at his workers to finish the first batch and ship them. He then returns to his "office", and picks up a file laying on his desk. It reads "EXPERIMENTAL NERVE GAS: DISCONTINUED 1977". Joker grins as he continues to read the file.

Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne, secretly the Batman, is reading a file of his own. The file is the criminal record of one Jack Napier. He is very suspisicous that Jack Napier and the Joker are one and the same. He reads that Jack was a gifted artist and was an exceptional chemist. He decides to do some detective work. He goes to the Police Headquarters and stealthily takes the quill that killed Ricorso. He then leaves as quietly and unseen as he came. He runs tests on the quill in his underground lair, the Batcave, looking for any DNA match. None. Bruce is puzzled that the only DNA on it is Ricorso's. How could this be?

The next day, on the afternoon news, the anchorwoman reports two mysterious deaths from "violent allergic reactions". While the anchorman is reporting about the 200th anniversary parade, he gets breaking news about two more deaths with identical results. As he is reporting, suddenly, the anchorwoman starts to laugh, little by little, it becomes uncontrollable, and she falls backward. The news crew call the paramedics, but it's too late, she loses her pulse, and her face is transfixed into a chemically induced grin. Suddenly, the airwaves are taken over by the Joker. He airs a "commerical" for his new "product", Smilex, and its proven system of "getting grins, a-gain, and a-gain!" The most shocking thing he says, however, is "chances are, you've bought them already!" The city goes into mass panic, avoiding the supermarkets. Its hysteria on the streets, people paranoid that they'll be the next Smilex victim.

Bruce, learning about this new threat, decides to go shopping. He buys products that people use daily and mixes them in the Batcave. What he discovers is the way to stop Joker's plot, but he can't get it out into the public. He needs someone to do that for him. But who?

Later on that day, Bob gives Joker the photos from the hit. Joker comments on how stupid Knox looks, but then becomes curious to who a certain woman is in one of the photos. Bob tells him that it's Vicki Vale, and that she's dating Bruce Wayne. Joker could care less, as long as he get what he wants, Vicki.

Even later in the day, Alfred notifies Bruce that Vicki will be late for their dinner at the museum that night. Bruce responds by saying that they didn't have a dinner date tonight. Suspicious, Bruce decides to check on things.

Vicki gets to the museum a little late, but when she arrives at the table, no one is there. She waits for a while, until she gets a package. She opens it, and it's a gas mask with a note that says "Put this on now!" As she reads, green gas begins to fill the room. Vicki notices this and instantly puts on the mask. Everyone there is knocked out except Vicki. Suddenly, the doors open and several thugs walk in with several color paints. Behind them, is the Joker, disguised as his former self, Jack Napier. He and his thugs proceed to splatter paint on all the paintings and sculptures, vandalizing everything. When they are finished, Joker goes up to Vicki and tells her she can take the gas mask off. Joker tries to impress Vicki, showing her his art work (pictures of Smilex victims), but she moves backward, he's obivously freaking her out. He asks for them to make up, showing her his "flower", but he attempts to shoot acid at her, and she moves out of the way before he can. She grabs whatever is closest, a picther of water, and flings it at Joker. The water hits his face, and his flesh colored make up comes off. He covers his face until the right moment, when Vicki was close enough. He reveals his face, showing that he is the Joker. He starts to laugh manically, but suddenly, the skylight shatters, and the Joker finds himself face-to-face with the Batman! He grabs Vicki and swings through the door with her. Joker can only look in amazement as the two escape into the street. Joker's goons go running after them. As they run, Batman tells Vicki to get in his car. She asks which car, but Vicki suddenly feels quite stupid. Because while there are many cars parked along the street, there is only one Batmobile. The sleek, black Batmobile opens and the two jump in and the car zooms away. Joker's goons attempt to chase them in cars of there own, but the Batmobile is too fast for them. However, they hit a road block that they cannot get around. They get out of the car and run into an alley, with Batman turning on the Batmobile's protective shields to prevent damage and tampering. While they did have a head start, the Joker's goons catch up in their cars. Pedestrians scatter to escape as Joker's goons shoot wildly at the Batman. Meanwhile, the cops arrive, trying to apprehend both the Joker's goons and the Batman. Commissioner Gordan gets out of a police van to see Batman move a civilian, a little girl, out of harms way. This impacts Gordan and changes his mind on Batman. He calls off the pursuit of Batman. Afterwards, Batman sees the Joker's goons gaining on them again, despite the cops involvement. He looks up, and sees a catwalk. He asks Vicki how much she weighs. She replies by telling him about 108 lbs. He's doing some quick mental calculations when the car reappears, blocking their path of escape. Batman pulls out a grapple gun from his utility belt and shoots the rope up, connecting with the catwalk above, and grabs Vicki by the waist. The Joker's goons all get out of the car, as Batman and Vicki zip upward on the grapple gun. Bullets fly but they all miss. However, they stop in mid-air. Her additional weight is too much for the grapple gun. He takes it, attaches it to Vicki's belt, and tell her not to let go of it. He drops down while she rockets upward to the catwalk, screaming the entire way up. Batman hits the ground with a thud. The goons all circle him and shoot him in the chest, point blank at the bat insignia. They see no blood, however, when they check his outfit, they discover it's body armored. They try to take off his mask, but an accidental distraction by Vicki (her camera flash), prevents them from doing so. They try to shoot her, but she ducks. Then, suddenly, Batman springs up and attacks the men. He uses several martial arts forms that leak out of his fighting style: Muay Thai, Karate, Shaolin Kung Fu, etc. All in one fluid motion, he disposes of the goons. However, one goon, Bob, escapes. Through this display of skill, Vicki had been poised on the catwalk with her camera. She hides the roll of film in her blouse and looks for an exit.

To be continued...

Bat Dude
Part 4...

Batman calls the Batmobile. The shields come off and the sleek black beast of a car zooms towards him. Vicki comes down a ladder on the opposite side of the catwalk and starts walking, looking over her shoulder every few seconds. Soon, she walks straight into the Batman. He takes her back to the Batmobile. Batman drives down a deserted stretch of road lined by ancient tall pines. Vicki tries to see out. Batman pushes a button and changes the polarization of the glass. She can't see out. He's stoic. Vicki studies Batman's face. He flicks a switch on which turns on lights behind his head which dazzle Vicki, making it impossible for her to see him. Soon, Batman drives straight at a wall, Vicki screams, but they pass right through the wall, as it was just an illusion. They are now in the Batcave. Batman climbs out of the car. He keeps his distance from Vicki. She steps from the Batmobile a little shaky. She steps away from the Batmobile, but when Batman turns the lights on, she notices she was a step away from falling into a black pit. Suddenly, she hears a screeching, and she looks up, seeing a flock of bats. She screams, but Batman tells her to keep quiet. She asks him what he wants, and Batman tells her that the police have it all wrong. They are looking for one product, but the Joker's tainted hundreds of products. A combination of three products is deadly and untraceable. He gives her notes on it. She accepts them, but when she asks to go home, he uses knock out gas to knock her out, and takes the roll of film from her blouse.

When Vicki wakes up, she's in her apartment; without the roll of film. The phone rings; it's Knox. He asks if she's alright. She says yeah, and asks if he can make the evening edition if she gives him a story now. He says just barely. She says she'll be there. That night, the headline "BATMAN CRACKS JOKER'S POISON CODE" hits newstands. The evening news has the story as their breaking news. However, no one knows what to make of Batman: Friend or Foe? When news of this hits the Joker's ears, he becomes furious. He smashes the radio he hears it from with a crowbar to relieve his anger.

At Vicki's apartment, there is a knock at the door. Vicki opens it and Bruce is standing there smiling, a flower in his hand, a shoulder bag on his shoulder, Vicki is very surprised. She recovers. Still cool. Bruce gives her the flower, but she is really angry at him. He never returns her phone calls, he lied to her about the business meeting, and she saw him almost die at City Hall. He tries to explain his dual life to her, but before he can tell her the truth, the doorbell rings. Vicki goes to open it, and the Joker and his goons bust in. Staying concealed, Bruce picks up a metal cookie sheet and puts it under his suit. Joker tells her that he was really upset that she left him for that "sideshow phony". But when he sees Bruce he instantly moves toward him. He points his gun at him and says "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" A memory clicks in Bruce's mind. Joker then shoots him in the chest. Joker leaves a package on the table and leaves laughing. Vicki turns around to tend to Bruce's body, but he is no longer there. She sees the metal cookie sheet with a bullet through it. She opens the package Joker left her and a hand springs out with dead flowers. She faints. Bruce returns to the Manor, still thinking about that phrase Joker said, "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" He suddenly remembers back to his parents murder.

A couple and their son are walking home from a movie. They turn down an alley. The three continue walking until suddenly a man walks from the shadows, he tries to steal the wife's necklace. The husband attempts to defy him, but the man shoots him dead. The wife screams, and so she is murdered as well. Soon, the man points the gun at the child, and he reveals his face, a young man no older than 20, an obvious gangster. He reloads his gun as he asks, "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" Police sirens sound, and the man leaves. Suddenly, Bruce recovers from his vision. He realizes that Joker, or who he once was, had murdered his parents. He instantly loses his sense and becomes revenge driven. He goes into the Batcave to prepare, as he wants Joker's blood, no matter what the cost. Out of no where, the Joker takes over the airwaves again, this time disguised as Jack Napier, advertising the 200th anniversary parade, where he'll dump 5 million in cash on the city. He encourages Batman to be there. This proves Bruce's hunch that Joker was once Jack Napier. Alfred, at Bruce's side, asks if he'll ever tell Vicki the truth. Bruce tells him that he can never jepordize her. The Joker is still out there, and he's got to go to work. Bruce suits up. He gets to Axis Chemicals, and blows up the tanks, tainting the chemicals, making them harmless. Then he goes to find Joker. No one will stand in his way.

That night, purple and green parade floats and larger than life cartoon balloons can be seen in the streets. People flood the streets, hoping to get some free money. Then, the Joker can be seen dancing like a lunatic atop the biggest, most extravagant float. He begins throwing money from a sack into the crowd. The crowd goes crazy trying to get at the money. Knox and Vicki are at the scene, trying to get a good photo of Joker. Vicki was taking photos of the balloons when she noticed Smilex tanks in the balloons. The floats stop, and Joker tells everyone that they fell for his joke. They look at the money, and it's counterfeit! The dollars all have Joker faces! Then, Joker and his goons put on gas masks, and they start filling the balloons with Smilex. Vicki tells Knox that that Joker's gonna kill everyone, and Knox tells her to go in the car. Knox opens his trunk and finds a doctor's mask and a baseball bat. He covers his face and attempts to fight Joker's goons. However, they all climb up ropes. Suddenly, out of the clouds, comes Batman's latest weapon, the Batwing. It gets there just in time, cutting the ropes of the balloons, sending them floating into space, with a minimum of casualties.

To be continued (one last time, I promise)

Bat Dude
Part 5... (Final Part)

Joker gets mad at Batman for "stealing his balloons" and asks "why nobody told him that Batman had one of those things." Joker asks Bob for a gun, and in a fit of rage, he shoots Bob. He appoints a new "Number One Guy", some random thug, and tells his goons to clear the area. The people who didn't die escape, except Vicki and Knox, however, Knox gets knocked out when Vicki accidentally runs into him with the car and sends him flying into a garbage can. She gets out to see if he's ok. She then gets out her camera and starts taking pictures. Batman flies the Batwing into the direction of the Joker, and along the way, the goons attempt to stop him. However, he shoots down power lines to immobilize them. He then gets out the big guns for Joker. Missiles, machine guns, etc. He shoots them all at Joker, but miraculously, they all miss. Joker, laughing at his good fortune, takes out a custom made, SUPER HUGE pistol, and shoots the Batwing, hitting a vital piece of the plane, sending it crashing down, much to the Joker delight. Vicki sees this and screams, Joker notices her with her camera, and goes towards her. With Batman presumed dead, there was no one to stop Joker from taking Vicki, destroying her camera, and going into the cathedral, with her struggling the entire way. When they get into the cathedral, the Batman emerges from the rubble, beaten and battered, and slowly starts to follow them. He follows them to the top floor, where three goons are waiting for him. The first goon is a kick boxing specialist. He and Batman have an exchange, but even though he's tired and battered, his fighting skills are superior. The second guy tries to take Batman by suprise, but when he jumps at him, he crashes through the floor. The third goon is a big, muscular guy who simply overpowers the exhausted Batman. However, Batman tricks the goon with a smoke pellet, and low blows him, which knocks him out from the power of the blow.

Meanwhile, Joker decides to dance with Vicki, however, their waltz is interrupted when Batman asks Joker the now famous question, "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" Joker looks and realizes he's in a world of hurt. Batman punchs him, and proceeds to slap him around a bit before Joker tells him that it's Batman's fault he exists. Batman replies by telling him that he knows, and that he regrets it, but HE made Batman first. Confused, Joker asks what he's talking about. Batman says that Batman may have made the Joker, but the Joker made Batman first. Joker starts backing up, saying that he was just a kid when he made him, ANYTHING to escape him. But Batman continues forward, slapping him around before finishing with a nasty uppercut. He falls over the ledge, and apparently dies. Batman and Vicki look over the ledge, but Joker grabs them and throws them over the ledge, them holding on for dear life. Joker starts prancing around on the ledge, trying to kick their hands off and have them plummet to their death. Joker's goons in a helicopter see him and attempt to pick him up, but Batman shoots a grapple gun at his leg and ties it to a gargoyle, hoping to keep him from escaping, so he can finish the business they started 23 years ago in an alley. However, the Joker is a madman, and Batman underestimated just how insane he was. He tried to board the helicopter anyway, and couldn't handle the weight of the gargoyle, falling off the ladder, plummeting to his death in front of the cops below. Then, Batman and Vicki climb back over the ledge, and Vicki imbraces her hero. Later, Batman goes to the street, seeing the corpse of his arch rival, the Joker. He calls for Gordon from the shadows, who asks him if he the panic is over. Batman nods, saying he has a gift for him at Police Headquarters.

At a press conference, Gordan, Dent, and the Mayor tell the citizens that Joker's crime spree is over. They've rounded up all of Joker's goons with help from Batman. Dent reads a letter from Batman, that if they ever need him, that all they need to do is call him. Knox makes a smart arse comment about how they do so. Gordan unveils Batman's gift, the Batsignal. Vicki walks down the road, to Bruce's car. Alfred says that Bruce is sorry he can't go to the airport with her to see her off, but he has business. She understands and gets into the car. It drives off. Then we go up the skylight and (to the amazing "Finale" song from the score) see Batman looking up at the new signal, at peace with his past and looking to the future, or so he thinks.

End.

So, how is it? I didn't change much, except I added scenes and explained a little more, so as to try and escape the same old arguments...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Part 5... (Final Part)

Joker gets mad at Batman for "stealing his balloons" and asks "why nobody told him that Batman had one of those things." Joker asks Bob for a gun, and in a fit of rage, he shoots Bob. He appoints a new "Number One Guy", some random thug, and tells his goons to clear the area. The people who didn't die escape, except Vicki and Knox, however, Knox gets knocked out when Vicki accidentally runs into him with the car and sends him flying into a garbage can. She gets out to see if he's ok. She then gets out her camera and starts taking pictures. Batman flies the Batwing into the direction of the Joker, and along the way, the goons attempt to stop him. However, he shoots down power lines to immobilize them. He then gets out the big guns for Joker. Missiles, machine guns, etc. He shoots them all at Joker, but miraculously, they all miss. Joker, laughing at his good fortune, takes out a custom made, SUPER HUGE pistol, and shoots the Batwing, hitting a vital piece of the plane, sending it crashing down, much to the Joker delight. Vicki sees this and screams, Joker notices her with her camera, and goes towards her. With Batman presumed dead, there was no one to stop Joker from taking Vicki, destroying her camera, and going into the cathedral, with her struggling the entire way. When they get into the cathedral, the Batman emerges from the rubble, beaten and battered, and slowly starts to follow them. He follows them to the top floor, where three goons are waiting for him. The first goon is a kick boxing specialist. He and Batman have an exchange, but even though he's tired and battered, his fighting skills are superior. The second guy tries to take Batman by suprise, but when he jumps at him, he crashes through the floor. The third goon is a big, muscular guy who simply overpowers the exhausted Batman. However, Batman tricks the goon with a smoke pellet, and low blows him, which knocks him out from the power of the blow.

Meanwhile, Joker decides to dance with Vicki, however, their waltz is interrupted when Batman asks Joker the now famous question, "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" Joker looks and realizes he's in a world of hurt. Batman punchs him, and proceeds to slap him around a bit before Joker tells him that it's Batman's fault he exists. Batman replies by telling him that he knows, and that he regrets it, but HE made Batman first. Confused, Joker asks what he's talking about. Batman says that Batman may have made the Joker, but the Joker made Batman first. Joker starts backing up, saying that he was just a kid when he made him, ANYTHING to escape him. But Batman continues forward, slapping him around before finishing with a nasty uppercut. He falls over the ledge, and apparently dies. Batman and Vicki look over the ledge, but Joker grabs them and throws them over the ledge, them holding on for dear life. Joker starts prancing around on the ledge, trying to kick their hands off and have them plummet to their death. Joker's goons in a helicopter see him and attempt to pick him up, but Batman shoots a grapple gun at his leg and ties it to a gargoyle, hoping to keep him from escaping, so he can finish the business they started 23 years ago in an alley. However, the Joker is a madman, and Batman underestimated just how insane he was. He tried to board the helicopter anyway, and couldn't handle the weight of the gargoyle, falling off the ladder, plummeting to his death in front of the cops below. Then, Batman and Vicki climb back over the ledge, and Vicki imbraces her hero. Later, Batman goes to the street, seeing the corpse of his arch rival, the Joker. He calls for Gordon from the shadows, who asks him if he the panic is over. Batman nods, saying he has a gift for him at Police Headquarters.

At a press conference, Gordan, Dent, and the Mayor tell the citizens that Joker's crime spree is over. They've rounded up all of Joker's goons with help from Batman. Dent reads a letter from Batman, that if they ever need him, that all they need to do is call him. Knox makes a smart arse comment about how they do so. Gordan unveils Batman's gift, the Batsignal. Vicki walks down the road, to Bruce's car. Alfred says that Bruce is sorry he can't go to the airport with her to see her off, but he has business. She understands and gets into the car. It drives off. Then we go up the skylight and (to the amazing "Finale" song from the score) see Batman looking up at the new signal, at peace with his past and looking to the future, or so he thinks.

End.

So, how is it? I didn't change much, except I added scenes and explained a little more, so as to try and escape the same old arguments...

Its all very good. Have you ever thought of becoming a screenwriter?

Bat Dude
Its all very good. Have you ever thought of becoming a screenwriter?

Thank you... And no I haven't really thought of it... I might consider it...

Now to tackle Batman Returns, which will have more changed, more added, like even more Batman scenes, since I want him to have more screen time and to progress through the films from...

Batman 1989 - Mysterious Vigilante (The Bat-Man)
Batman Returns - Established Protector (The Batman)
Batman Forever - Mentor (Batman)
Batman & Robin - Boss (Batman)
Batman: Fear - Legend (Batman)

I want his character to evolve through the films, let us learn more each film... I think that's what Burton was doing... In Begins, though it's a great Batman film and great film in general, I think it gave too much info in one movie, which made it boring for some people (like my cousin and sister)

etc. etc. etc. Don't want to give away much, but I can say that I have several things planned for Returns (not much changed, but more than B89) (And I may include Dent in for a Two-Face origin, since I kinda took out a lot of his scenes from the first and just having him there in Forever wouldn't make sense)

Bat Dude
*bump*

if anyone wants to give feedback, I'll take it with open arms...

I won't start on the second until I have enough feedback to know what I did wrong/right

Mr Parker
I glanced over this a little batdude,didnt read much but from what little I have had time to read,looks pretty good.i will devote more time to it another time to give more feedback to it though.

Bat Dude
I glanced over this a little batdude,didnt read much but from what little I have had time to read,looks pretty good.i will devote more time to it another time to give more feedback to it though.

Thanks!

And when you get around to finishing it, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK... I CAN'T start on the next one unless I know what I can improve on/fix...

Rafkins_Warning

Pamela Isley/Poison Ivy: Julianne Moore (age 38 in 98)
Natural redhead... Beautiful... From what I've seen, good acting ability... Can be a seductress...
http://www.nndb.com/people/670/000023601/julianne-moore-1-sized.jpg

Jonathon Crane/Scarecrow: Johnny Depp (age 38 in 2001)
He's played misunderstood roles before (Edward Scissorhands), and Scarecrow was originally in the comics a professor misunderstood by others, who was gonna use the money he stole to gain acceptance (the Returns Penguin, only not deformed)...
http://www.dvdenlared.com/data/docs/20070524024851/johnny_depp_01.jpg

Harleen Quinzell/Harley Quinn: Courtney Love (age 37 in 2001)
She may not be an actress, but she's blonde, controversial, and looks a lot like Harley Quinn... Give her a good script and she'll do fine... Her character would not be Joker's daughter, but someone who fell in love with the Joker through old newspaper articles and tv reports... She is dedicated to continuing the legacy of her "Mr. J"...
http://www.matgiordano.com/pics/courtney-love-01.jpg (That looks like Harley Quinn a little, doesn't it?)

God no to these three... I mean, GOD, NO!

Julianne Moore just isn't the right person... she's too soft and sweet. I think Alicia Witt is more of the right type of red head to play Ivy, she's got that fiery temptress thing going on, plus she can play a real b*tch when need be.

Johnny Depp, are you f*cking kidding me... how much more wrong could you get in casting a Bats villain... well maybe Heath Ledger as the Joker... yeah, that is worse. I still say Crispin Glover would make the perfect Scarecrow... Depp is just so wrong in so many ways! Same as Cillian Murphy was... but like him I bet Johnny Depp could still pull the role off just with fine acting.

And Courtney Love as Harley?????? Worse casting idea so far that I have ever seen! I mean dear god... there are simply no words! I can't picture what actress would play Harley Quinn in a Batman movie, but it sure as hell isn't Courtney Love!

*gets chill down spine*

It's just so wrong........................ no

Bat Dude
Ok... Since you've given me your reasons, I'll give you mine...

Julianne Moore: She may be a soft person, but she's also an actress, so how can someone "not be able" to play a certain character? I don't understand that concept.... Your an actor/actress, and you get paid to do just that, act... All she needs to do is read a few "Best of" Poison Ivy comics and work a little on her "bitchiness"... I think she'd do fine...

Johnny Depp: Keep in mind how great an actor he is... All he needs to do to play the type of Scarecrow I'm thinking of is channel his dark, lonely, "Ed Scissorhands" side, and make it evil, resentful, etc. (But if you still disagree, can you give me a picture and a paragraph describing who you'd think is better?)

Courtney Love: Ok, you win lol... I still want to include my version of Harley... But someone needs to help me out on that casting...

3RD PAGE!!!!

Mr Parker
so anything planned for the weekend batdude? big grin I know you want to get this thread to at LEAST 3 pages so thought I would try and help you out. big grin especially since you posted on my thread. wink

Bat Dude
so anything planned for the weekend batdude? big grin I know you want to get this thread to at LEAST 3 pages so thought I would try and help you out. big grin especially since you posted on my thread. wink

Which thread?

Well, I REALLY want someone who's read the full synopsis to give me their opinion on how it was, what they liked, what they didn't like, how it could improve, etc. so that I can start on Batman Returns...

Rafkins_Warning
Ok... Since you've given me your reasons, I'll give you mine...

Julianne Moore: She may be a soft person, but she's also an actress, so how can someone "not be able" to play a certain character? I don't understand that concept.... Your an actor/actress, and you get paid to do just that, act... All she needs to do is read a few "Best of" Poison Ivy comics and work a little on her "bitchiness"... I think she'd do fine...

Johnny Depp: Keep in mind how great an actor he is... All he needs to do to play the type of Scarecrow I'm thinking of is channel his dark, lonely, "Ed Scissorhands" side, and make it evil, resentful, etc. (But if you still disagree, can you give me a picture and a paragraph describing who you'd think is better?)

See this is what's wrong with all of you here... I know that they are paid to portray characters, that is what being an actor/actress is all about... but you all need to understand that some people are just wrong for some parts! I mean you wouldn't cast a 52 year old male actor to play a 15 year old school girl would you? And that is why we need better casting directors in the movie business today!

*sigh*

I feel like I'm the only one that gets this........................

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
See this is what's wrong with all of you here... I know that they are paid to portray characters, that is what being an actor/actress is all about... but you all need to understand that some people are just wrong for some parts! I mean you wouldn't cast a 52 year old male actor to play a 15 year old school girl would you? And that is why we need better casting directors in the movie business today!

*sigh*

That's a completely different issue... This is about acting, not physical appearance...

For all you know, Julianne Moore could play the greatest Poison Ivy ever... She just needs a good director, a good script, and a little understanding of the character... IMO, that's all you need to portray a character right...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning

*sigh*

perfect example being michael keaton being totally wrong for the role of batman big grin

Mr Parker

3RD PAGE!!!!

time to jump up in the air to click your heels together now. laughing

Bat Dude

*jumps up and clicks heels together like someone from "Wizard of Oz"*

Someone! ANYONE! Please give feedback on anything and everything! I'm dying from the lack thereof... I seriously NEED feedback to start the next one!

Mr Parker

oh,forgot to mention at the same time you need to shout out YAHOO!!! big grin

Mr Parker
hey batdude,check your pm box. smile

Bat Dude
hey batdude,check your pm box. smile

Hey, I read it... Check your pm box...

And have you finished reading the thing? Cuz while it may not be super uber important to the defeat of dirty politicians, I really need some feedback... Cuz I really want to continue forward in this project, and I can't unless I know what I did wrong...

Mr Parker
sorry to say I still havent gotten around to it yet. embarrasment i pretty much spend most my time in that section I pm'd you about because like i said,those topics are much more important to be talking about.eventually I WILL read it though.just cant say when.

Bat Dude
sorry to say I still havent gotten around to it yet. embarrasment i pretty much spend most my time in that section I pm'd you about because like i said,those topics are much more important to be talking about.eventually I WILL read it though.just cant say when.

Ok, it's kool... But this is one of the projects I actually want to finish... (Unlike The Bat-Man!!!! But that sucked to begin with)

Bat Dude
BUMP

I'm expecting to start on Batman Returns this weekend, and get some more feedback *looks at Mr. Parker*

So I want to keep this thread bumped...

Mr Parker
hey batdude,you mentioned you read that thing I posted about carter.I assume then that you have read through all the other previous posts before that then? because I would rather you read through all my previous posts on that thread I have posted first before continuing on reading my new stuff i post.

Bat Dude
BUMP

Someone... ANYONE... PLEASE give feedback!!!!

Mr Parker
Any thoughts? Sorry for the long post, just wanted my ideas heard...

okay I FINALLY have the chance to comment about your original first post here.As i mentioned before,I love the choice of alex baldwin as batman/bruce wayne.countless numbers of batman fans would agree with you on that as well because I have seen over the years many countless people such as myself complain about the casting choice of keaton also and that Baldwin would have been a MUCH better choice.HE would have been perfect!!! back then.

Kim Basinger? agreed,why mess with a good thing,she was the best part about the first film and the ONLY thing that made it worth sitting through.

I agree as well that Defoe would have been an even better joker than nicholson was.he looked the part and everything.plus like you said,he has that grin.Matter of fact,in the first spiderman movie,I had the impression that he had copied nicholsons performance of the joker as green goblin.

I agree with keeping micheele pjieffer as catwoman as well.like you said,dont mess with a good thing.

I really like all your other choices as well for the other parts also,they would be great in those roles.the ONLY one i disagree with is Nicole kidman as chase she was insipid and anoyying in that movie,so come up with someone better than her.and yeah I can see shawn hunter as robin with his hair dyed black of course.as we both agreed earlier though,Scott weinger would have really brought the character of robin to life though from the comicbooks.

as far as the last paragraph goes,I say use what Nolan did in batman begins.get rid of the moronic idea of the joker killing batmans parents that that idiot tim burton used and have bruce walk into the court to get ready to kill jack napier only to have someone else do it for him and he later confesses to kim basinger that he was going to kill him and bruce while fighting crime,sees all the death in gothem city of gangsters murdered by other gansters and he sees for himself how killing people is just plain wrong and when he goes to try and get the joker he reminds himself of that and instead of sending the batmobile in there to drop a bomb in front of all his goons,he sends it in there and the batmobile releases a smoke bomb throughout the whole building which is a knockout gas and causes the criminals to fall asleep leaving them there for the police to capture later on.that way batman doesnt kill people in cowardly ways and the fanboys are pleased with the movie.well thats enough for now.

keep the way it ended with him on the ledge of the building looking at the bat signal but with the joker of course in arkham asluym and like you said,the penguin doesnt die.and FINALLY,whatever you do,DO NOT ALLOW TIM BURTON NEAR A BATMAN MOVIE.

Mr Parker
BUMP

Someone... ANYONE... PLEASE give feedback!!!!

your wish has been granted. big grin

Bat Dude
okay I FINALLY have the chance to comment about your original first post here.As i mentioned before,I love the choice of alex baldwin as batman/bruce wayne.countless numbers of batman fans would agree with you on that as well because I have seen over the years many countless people such as myself complain about the casting choice of keaton also and that Baldwin would have been a MUCH better choice.HE would have been perfect!!! back then.

Kim Basinger? agreed,why mess with a good thing,she was the best part about the first film and the ONLY thing that made it worth sitting through.

I agree as well that Defoe would have been an even better joker than nicholson was.he looked the part and everything.plus like you said,he has that grin.Matter of fact,in the first spiderman movie,I had the impression that he had copied nicholsons performance of the joker as green goblin.

I agree with keeping micheele pjieffer as catwoman as well.like you said,dont mess with a good thing.

I really like all your other choices as well for the other parts also,they would be great in those roles.the ONLY one i disagree with is Nicole kidman as chase she was insipid and anoyying in that movie,so come up with someone better than her.and yeah I can see shawn hunter as robin with his hair dyed black of course.as we both agreed earlier though,Scott weinger would have really brought the character of robin to life though from the comicbooks.

as far as the last paragraph goes,I say use what Nolan did in batman begins.get rid of the moronic idea of the joker killing batmans parents that that idiot tim burton used and have bruce walk into the court to get ready to kill jack napier only to have someone else do it for him and he later confesses to kim basinger that he was going to kill him and bruce while fighting crime,sees all the death in gothem city of gangsters murdered by other gansters and he sees for himself how killing people is just plain wrong and when he goes to try and get the joker he reminds himself of that and instead of sending the batmobile in there to drop a bomb in front of all his goons,he sends it in there and the batmobile releases a smoke bomb throughout the whole building which is a knockout gas and causes the criminals to fall asleep leaving them there for the police to capture later on.that way batman doesnt kill people in cowardly ways and the fanboys are pleased with the movie.well thats enough for now.

keep the way it ended with him on the ledge of the building looking at the bat signal but with the joker of course in arkham asluym and like you said,the penguin doesnt die.and FINALLY,whatever you do,DO NOT ALLOW TIM BURTON NEAR A BATMAN MOVIE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

However, I'd like to explain my stance on letting Joker die in the first (it probably won't change your mind, and I'll most likely change the story accordingly, but I'd like to explain the idea)

Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered before his eyes by Jack Napier. This event pushes him towards fighting crime, and fighting crime only (not killing, as his stance in his early career is "Stop crime because it's bad for Gotham"wink. He tries to save Jack Napier (not realizing who he is yet), but fails, thus causing the birth of the Joker. He tries to stop Joker with non lethal methods until the scene in Vicki's apartment, when he hears Joker say his famous line. Bruce realizes that Joker = Guy that killed his parents... He looks for revenge on Joker (and only the Joker). He succeeded in a way he didn't want to (Joker falls from the helicopter). He feels he can look to the future without the haunting remembering, but the death of Joker doesn't make him feel better, it just makes him feel worse. This added to Vicki leaving, makes him more brooding, dark, and depressed. When Selina shows up, he feels that she is the missing key, and when he sees she's going down the same path he did, he tries to save her the misery. But she goes about killing Shreck ("No one can stop her" much like it was with Bruce) and she disappears. This makes Bruce feel even worse. The only thing that knocks him out of his gothic attitude is when he saves Grayson from the fate he had. It's the development of a different style Batman, being brought back from self destruction. (And that's only the first arc, not including the origin of Two-Face and the activities of Penguin)

Mr Parker
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

However, I'd like to explain my stance on letting Joker die in the first (it probably won't change your mind, and I'll most likely change the story accordingly, but I'd like to explain the idea)

Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered before his eyes by Jack Napier. This event pushes him towards fighting crime, and fighting crime only (not killing, as his stance in his early career is "Stop crime because it's bad for Gotham"wink. He tries to save Jack Napier (not realizing who he is yet), but fails, thus causing the birth of the Joker. He tries to stop Joker with non lethal methods until the scene in Vicki's apartment, when he hears Joker say his famous line. Bruce realizes that Joker = Guy that killed his parents... He looks for revenge on Joker (and only the Joker). He succeeded in a way he didn't want to (Joker falls from the helicopter). He feels he can look to the future without the haunting remembering, but the death of Joker doesn't make him feel better, it just makes him feel worse. This added to Vicki leaving, makes him more brooding, dark, and depressed. When Selina shows up, he feels that she is the missing key, and when he sees she's going down the same path he did, he tries to save her the misery. But she goes about killing Shreck ("No one can stop her" much like it was with Bruce) and she disappears. This makes Bruce feel even worse. The only thing that knocks him out of his gothic attitude is when he saves Grayson from the fate he had. It's the development of a different style Batman, being brought back from self destruction. (And that's only the first arc, not including the origin of Two-Face and the activities of Penguin)

your right,it doesnt change my mind.you just cannot kill the joker-batmans arch enemy in any way, shape or form.

Bat Dude
your right,it doesnt change my mind.you just cannot kill the joker-batmans arch enemy in any way, shape or form.

Ok, so based on this, I pose one question...

How can I change the story? It's been WAY over 15 minutes...

EDIT: Oh my god... 4TH PAGE!!!!

Mr Parker
Part 5... (Final Part)

End.

I agree,its all very good except for the part about joker dying of course.

Mr Parker
Ok, so based on this, I pose one question...

How can I change the story? It's been WAY over 15 minutes...

EDIT: Oh my god... 4TH PAGE!!!!

lie i said before,have batman capture the joker at the end and have him being escorted off in a police car and we see him being taken to arklum asylum and of course end it like they did in the orginal film with batman on the ledge with the bat insignia going in the air and the bells going off. wink

Bat Dude
lie i said before,have batman capture the joker at the end and have him being escorted off in a police car and we see him being taken to arklum asylum and of course end it like they did in the orginal film with batman on the ledge with the bat insignia going in the air and the bells going off. wink

OK kool... I'll change it accordingly (then I can start to brainstorm for Returns: All I know is that Catwoman, Penguin, and Harvey Dent are in it as well as Max Shreck (still played by Christopher Walken))

But how do I edit my post to put the new stuff in?

Or do I have to post it all over again?

Mr Parker
fraid you got to post it all over again.didnt you know that they only allow you 15 minutes to edit things in your posts here?

Bat Dude
fraid you got to post it all over again.didnt you know that they only allow you 15 minutes to edit things in your posts here?

I didn't want to have to do that, but ok...

(I thought there was a way to get around the 15 minute thing, like if you got the admin's permission, or something of the like)

I'll repost the plot with the changes suggested probably on Saturday, maybe Sunday (and if not then, well, whenever I get the chance)...

Mr Parker
I dont know,MAYBE there is,ask one of the mods.

Mr Parker
so dude when we going to hear more from ya?

Bat Dude
so dude when we going to hear more from ya?

I'm sorry, I've been working on it, but with all the craziness (and my inability to find a store that sells Fire Pro Wrestling Returns), I haven't been able to finish the tweaks... I'll get it finished soon, but I don't know when I'll be able to post it...

robibrk
Batmans true love-the BAtmobil stick out tongue

Mr Parker
I'm sorry, I've been working on it, but with all the craziness (and my inability to find a store that sells Fire Pro Wrestling Returns), I haven't been able to finish the tweaks... I'll get it finished soon, but I don't know when I'll be able to post it...

oh okay.well Im sure you'll post when your ready.what does fire pro wrestling returns have anything to do with your script though?

Bat Dude
oh okay.well Im sure you'll post when your ready.what does fire pro wrestling returns have anything to do with your script though?

I went on a wild goose chase trying to find it (which I eventually did) and it cut my ability to continue working in half...

Well, I'll post (probably dragging the thread to *gasp* 5TH PAGE) it maybe on Saturday, and if not, next week...

Bat Dude
I went on a wild goose chase trying to find it (which I eventually did) and it cut my ability to continue working in half...

Well, I'll post (probably dragging the thread to *gasp* 5TH PAGE) it maybe on Saturday, and if not, next week...

Ok, Saturday isn't going to be it, because it's today...

That's right, I'm posting the TRUE version of B89 TODAY... After some creative help from Mr. Parker, I've made the new version...

(Note: Again, I've changed the casting of Joker back to William Dafoe)

During the intro, a couple and their child are walking down a dark alley one night. Soon, they are interrupted by an unknown man armed with a pistol. He motions for the woman's necklace, but her husband intervenes, in the chaos, the husband is shot dead, and the wife begins to scream. The mugger shoots down her as well. The mugger, now in a panic, runs away, and leaves the child alone, to see his dead parents lying before him. Tears run down his face, and soon, his eyes turn from sadness, to anger.

Opening credits roll to the "Batman Theme".

BATMAN

Approaching its 200th anniversary, Gotham City's leaders fear that the high level of criminal activity will deter citizens from attending the celebrations. Gotham's mayor William Borg (Lee Wallace) orders newly elected District Attorney Harvey Dent (Val Kilmer) to make the city safe again, in hopes of revitalizing local business. During a post election speech at a press conference, Dent, targets Mafia boss Carl Grissom (Jack Palance), who controls much of the criminal activity within Gotham and has paid off a significant segment of the police force.

Meanwhile, a mysterious vigilante who witnesses claim to be calling himself "Batman" has attracted the attention of both the police and the local media by taking down a couple of muggers that night. Newspaper reporter Alexander Knox (Robert Wuhl) tries to investigate, but his questions are deflected by Lt. Eckhardt (William Hootkins), a skeptical cop on Grissom's payroll. After stonewalling Knox, Eckhardt goes to pick up a payment from Grissom's second in command, the young, brash Jack Napier (William Dafoe). Napier tells Eckhardt that Dent is moving in on some of Grissom's operations. Eckhardt replies by saying that he takes care of that kind of problem and that he takes orders from Grissom, not loose cannon nutjobs. Napier, so proud of himself and obviously having a inflated sense of importance, tells Eckhardt he should start thinking about the future of the business. Eckhardt laughs and tells Napier that he has no future, once he has lost his usefulness, he's gone. Napier, enraged, shoves Eckhardt. Eckhardt pulls out a pistol, but almost immediately, Bob (Tracey Walter), Napier's most trusted bodyguard, pulls out a gun of his own and aims at Eckhardt. Napier, knowing Eckhardt can't touch him, begins to laugh as he leaves, telling Eckhardt that he better be sure.

When Knox arrives at work the next day, he is lightheartedly mocked by his peers for continuing his "exclusive" on the Batman. He laughs and makes his way to his desk. He sees an attractive woman sitting at his desk reading a newspaper. He instantly comes up with some cheesy pick-up line. She acknowledges him and introduces herself as Vicki Vale (Kim Basinger). He remembers her from her photos in Vogue, Cosmo, and Time during it's story on Corto Maltese. She confirms this and tells him she came to take pictures of Gotham's wildlife. Knox asks what she's looking for. She replies with the simple word "bats". He asks who sent her, and she says that she read his article and it interested her. She says that with her photos and his words, they'll get a Pulitzer Prize for sure. He agrees to work with her, telling her that he's been trying to get Commissioner Gordon (Paul Newman) on the phone but he's been avoiding him. Vicki tells him that he'll be at Bruce Wayne's (Alec Baldwin) charity ball. He is overcome with joy at the news, but then realizes he wasn't invited. Just then, Vicki pulls out two invitations from her purse. He smiles and the two walk out together.

Meanwhile, in Carl Grissom's penthouse, he reads a headline from the newspaper about Harvey Dent's crusade against him. He then makes a note about Axis Chemicals and the files it contains. These files hold documentation about Grissom's activities. If Dent got a hold of these, Grissom would be looking at major jail time. He asks his lieutenants for some advice. Jack Napier gives him very obivous advice (break in, trash the office, take the files, and blame it on industrial espionage) and treats it like divine revelation. Grissom agrees, telling him that he should handle the operation personally. Grissom then tells all his lieutenants thank you and that they can leave. Jack stays behind, asking Grissom if someone else can handle it, because he doesn't like the atmosphere of the place. Grissom tells Jack that it's an important job and he needs someone he can trust to carry it out. He needs his "Number One Guy". Jack reluctantly agrees and leaves.

Bruce Wayne's charity ball is a big success. All of Gotham's elite have turned out for the event. Commissioner Gordon, Mayor Borg, Harvey Dent, etc. Also having shown up is Alexander Knox and Vicki Vale, both looking for Commissioner Gordon. Vicki Vale, curious as to who Bruce Wayne really is, goes up to someone and asks where he is. The man, who is actually Bruce Wayne, is caught off guard and is unknowing of her intentions. He tells her he's not sure, and she moves on. Intrigued, Bruce watches her. Knox, "interviewing" a lovely bartender, notices Gordon being informed by an officer. He motions for Vicki to listen in, but she cannot see him. The officer tells Gordon that the station got a tip that Jack Napier was cleaning out Axis Chemicals. Gordon, infuriated, demands to know why he wasn't informed sooner. The officer tells Gordon that Lt. Eckhardt took the job. The two quickly and quietly leave out the door. Knox gets Vicki and they follow. Bruce looks on, his eyes transfixed on Vicki. The two get lost and find their way into the Wayne armory, filled with weapons and armor Bruce collected during his training abroad. Knox can't help but joke around at the absurdity of one of the statues, going so far as to call it "King of the Wicker People". He and Vicki then point out an elaborate sword on the wall, not knowing where it could have come from. Suddenly, a voice tells them it's from Japan. They turn around and see a man in his early thirties (it's obviously Bruce, but they don't know it yet). Knox asks how he knows, and he says that's where he got it from. Knox then asks who the man is, and he tells them he's Bruce Wayne. Knox shakes his hand and introduces himself. Bruce then turns to Vicki, who shakes his hand and introduces herself. She asks if Bruce is sure who he is, and Bruce smiles and nods, blushing a little. Vicki and Bruce talk, obviously feeling some sort of connection, almost to the point they forget about Knox. Alfred comes in and tells Bruce that Commissioner Gordon had to leave and that it was very unexpected. Getting what Alfred is saying, he bids good evening to Vicki and Knox and leaves out a door on the opposite side of the room.

Bat Dude
Grissom, on discovering that his mistress Alicia Hunt (Jerry Hall) is involved with Napier, sets him up to be killed by Eckhardt in the raid on Axis Chemicals. When Jack's crew gets to the files, they're already gone. Knowing that they'd been set up, Jack and his crew begin to leave, but Eckhardt's men spot them and start shooting at them. There is a large shootout between the two, and in the confusion, Jack is able to make his way up a catwalk. The plot is foiled by the arrival of Commissioner Gordon, who relieves Eckhardt of command and makes it known that he wants Napier arrested and taken alive (in hopes that he'll testify against Grissom in a plea deal). Also, the Batman arrives to check the disturbance there. After defeating the gangsters, Batman catches up to Napier. He kicks Napier's gun away and grabs him. But Bob already has Gordon at gunpoint and claims he'll off him if Batman doesn't let Jack go. Batman lets go of Jack, but once he grabs his gun and turns back around, the Batman is gone. Confused, Jack looks around, trying to find him. Bob urges Jack to get out, but Jack is truly freaked out, not knowing where the Batman is. Then, Jack spots Eckhardt, who, gun in hand, was obviously trying to kill him. As revenge, Jack yells at Eckhardt that he should've thought about the future, and then promptly and without remorse, shoots and kills him. Then, out the corner of his eye, Jack spots Batman, he quickly turns around and fires his gun, but misses. Then, Batman jumps from the shadows and attacks him, and he staggers. He falls over the railing, but Batman grabs his hand to keep him from falling. However, Jack's hand slips and he falls in a vat of unknown chemicals, and presumably died. Gordon, infuriated that they almost had Napier, orders his officers to apprehend Batman. However, he uses a grapple gun to escape.

The next day, news about Napier's demise hits newspapers all around Gotham. Knox and Vicki suspect it was the Batman. But everytime Knox began to question the Commissioner, he always hung up. Knox suggests that he and Vicki go and pick up some leads, but Vicki kindly declines, telling him that she had gotten a call from Bruce Wayne earlier that day, and that they would be having a nice dinner together.

Meanwhile, in an illegal clinic, Jack Napier, thought to be dead, is bandaged up. The surgeon begins to unravel the bandaging around Napier's head. Wanting to know if the procedure was a success, Napier quickly rips the bandaging off, revealing his face to the surgeon, who is horrified at the sight. Jack asks for a mirror, when the surgeon is too slow, he yells and demands one. The surgeon gives him a mirror, and he looks at his reflection. He moans for a moment, realizing that his "looks" are gone, and that he was never important to anyone. Suddenly, he begins to laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh. He has lost his sanity. The surgeon tries to explain that his tools are not the best to use, but Jack just keeps laughing. Soon, he accidentally smashes the lightbulb (effectively concealing his face from the audience), and he leaves.

Later, at Wayne Manor, Bruce and Vicki sit in a large dining room, having a very formal dinner. Both find it very hard to communicate in the room, and both start to lose interest. Realizing that the date is going no where fast, Bruce attempts to use his playboy charm by making a "Clark Kent"-esque comment about never being in the room before tonight. Vicki giggles, and Bruce, realizing that he has her interest again, asks if she'd like to eat in the kitchen, in a more informal environment. She gladly accepts, and the two go into the kitchen with their food to have a nice evening in the company of Alfred. Alfred tells tales about Bruce's younger days, like when he and Bruce went horseback riding. At the end of his story, Alfred attends to the dishes, while Bruce pours himself and Vicki some more wine, keeping their night alive. When they are finished drinking, Vicki is drunk and unable to drive. She whispers something into Bruce's ear, and the two go upstairs...

The next morning, Carl Grissom gets out of the shower, and is ready for a meeting with the other Mafia bosses around the Gotham area. He is looking out the window, when the door behind him opens. He turns around, expecting to see Alicia, but instead he sees a man in a trenchcoat and hat shrouded in darkness. Grissom demands to know who he is, and the man asks Grissom if he's already been forgotten, in a voice easily recognized as Jack Napier's. Grissom, trying to act like he had no part of the hit contract, tells him that he's so thankful that he's alive. Jack tells him to cut the crap and that he knows he set him up because he was sneaking around with Alicia. Grissom tries to grab a gun, but Jack instantly pulls out a magnum and tells him that gambling is dangerous (Grissom's gambling with his life). Grissom goes into "pissed off" mode, and starts yelling at Jack, telling him that his life is meaningless. Jack tells Grissom that he's been dead before, and he didn't mind it, and that maybe Grissom should try it. Panicking, Girssom asks Jack if they can cut a deal, whether it be money, turf, Alicia, whatever Jack wants. Napier tells Grissom that Jack died in Axis Chemicals, and that he should call him by his proper name (he walks out of the shadows), Joker. At last, we see his face, pale white skin, red lips paired with a sick grin, and emerald green hair. Grissom freezes in terror, and "Joker" shoots Grissom in the chest. Grissom falls backward into his chair, but Joker doesn't stop there. He continues to shoot Grissom through the chest, laughing manically throughout the entire time. When his gun runs out of bullets, he drops it, calms himself, walks over to the dead Grissom, pats him on the shoulder, and tells the corpse that he's glad they had the chance to talk. He laughs as he walks off the screen.

That same morning, after having made love with Vicki, Bruce wakes up, invigorated and exercises. While he is exercising, Vicki wakes up to see him upside down, but she soon falls asleep again. When she woke up again, she found Bruce asleep on the couch. She woke him up and asked him if they could go out later. Bruce is about to reply when he suddenly freezes, then tells her that he can't and that he has a business meeting. She understands and proceeds to leave as he gets up.

Bat Dude
In the afternoon, Joker, disguised as his former self, Jack Napier, is residing over a Mafia Commission meeting. He tells the other bosses that Grissom has gone away for a while, and until he "resurfaces", he will take authority over Grissom's operations, and ultimately, the entire Gotham Mafia. He also makes a suggestion that they should put all their effort in creating as much chaos and destruction as possible. One of the mafioso, Ricorso (John Dair), asks why Grissom didn't tell them himself. Another, Rotelli (Edwin Craig), agrees, also making note of the "stupid grin" Jack is displaying proudly. Jack responds by saying that life has been good to him. Rotelli, looking disgusted, asks what were to happen if the Commission didn't approve. Jack stands up, walks over to Rotelli, and tells him that if he doesn't want to do business, all he has to do is shake his hand, and that'll be that. Rotelli, looking perplexed, extends his hand. Jack grabs it, and his hand starts to smoke. 40,000 volts surge through Rotelli's body as Jack laughs wildly. When the smoke clears, Rotelli is nothing but a charred skeleton, and Jack flips his hand, revealing a joy buzzer. Just then, a dozen thugs armed with automatic weapons rush into the room, pointing their weapons at the mafioso. Jack makes a joke about the state of illegal weapons in the country, and starts laughing hysterically. Ricorso, with a look of legitimate fear in his eyes, tells him he's crazy. Jack just shakes his head laughing madly, then in an instant, he yells at them to get out. The thugs escort the mafioso out of the room, until only Joker, Bob, and Rotelli's corpse are left. Joker tells Bob to follow a certain Alexander Knox to find out what he knows about the vigilante Batman, and to bring his camera. Before Bob leaves, Joker mocks Grissom by telling Bob that it's an important job and he needs someone he can trust to carry it out. He needs his "Number One Guy". Bob smirks and leaves the room. Joker, as he did with Grissom, begins to make conversation with the corpse of Rotelli. He says that the mafioso aren't bad people, and that he should maybe be a little linient with them. He looks at the corpse as if it's replying, then Joker instantly changes his answer. He asks if he should eliminate him now, and looks at the corpse again. He nods, saying Rotelli has always been a vicious bastard, and that he's glad he's dead. He then starts laughing as he walks off screen.

That evening, around 5 pm, Bruce Wayne goes into the city, carrying a package. He walks into an alley and opens the package, revealing two red roses. He kneels down on the cold concrete and places the roses on the ground. He gets up and stands in the alley for a few minutes, then turns around and leaves. He begins to walk towards the limo, he notices a large commotion at City Hall. Ricorso, flanked by a lawyer and two bodyguards. Reporters and photographers are everywhere, including Knox and Vicki. Bruce begins to walk over to see what is going on. A reporter asks if the rumors about "Grissom handing over his businesses to him" are true. Ricorso confirms these rumors as true, stating that they have signatures to prove it. Bruce watches when something else catches his eye, a street mime. Soon, a couple others show up, and it is then that Bruce realizes something is about to happen, however, he can't change into his costume while there are so many people around. Unknown to everyone, Bob is at the cornor, taking pictures of Knox, Ricorso, the crowd, etc. The conference is just about over when all of a sudden, someone comments that the signatures are truly legitimate, and that Grissom signed them with his blood. Everyone turns around to see a white-faced man with red lips, grinning like a madman (Joker). He pulls out a quill, and he tells the crowd that Grissom did the signature signing with that exact pen. He then throws it at Ricorso, and it gets jammed into his throat, killing him. Joker takes a bow and runs, as his goons (the mimes) proceed to shoot the bodyguards with tommy guns. The crowd goes into a panic, while Bruce just walks towards the laughing madman, who gets into a getaway car and drives off, laughing all the way. Vicki, noticing he's there, runs after him, grabbing his shoulder so he doesn't continue to follow him.

On the six o' clock news, a reporter talks about the grim events that took place at city hall. 4 gangsters dead at the scene, but 12 more were murdered around the city. The reporter claims that it's a "mob take over" that the mysterious Batman may play a part in. At that moment, someone fires a gun at the television screen. The Joker, with an angry expression, complains about Batman getting all the airtime, though it was HIS deed. he decides to play "one-up" with Batman, and Joker rushes into Axis Chemicals, yelling at his workers to finish the first batch and ship them. He then returns to his "office", and picks up a file laying on his desk. It reads "EXPERIMENTAL NERVE GAS: DISCONTINUED 1977". Joker grins as he continues to read the file.

Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne, secretly the Batman, is reading a file of his own. The file is the criminal record of one Jack Napier. He is very suspisicous that Jack Napier and the Joker are one and the same. He reads that Jack was a gifted artist and was an exceptional chemist. He decides to do some detective work. He goes to the Police Headquarters and stealthily takes the quill that killed Ricorso. He then leaves as quietly and unseen as he came. He runs tests on the quill in his underground lair, the Batcave, looking for any DNA match. None. Bruce is puzzled that the only DNA on it is Ricorso's. How could this be?

Bat Dude
The next day, on the afternoon news, the anchorwoman reports two mysterious deaths from "violent allergic reactions". While the anchorman is reporting about the 200th anniversary parade, he gets breaking news about two more deaths with identical results. As he is reporting, suddenly, the anchorwoman starts to laugh, little by little, it becomes uncontrollable, and she falls backward. The news crew call the paramedics, but it's too late, she loses her pulse, and her face is transfixed into a chemically induced grin. Suddenly, the airwaves are taken over by the Joker. He airs a "commerical" for his new "product", Smilex, and its proven system of "getting grins, again, and again!" The most shocking thing he says, however, is "chances are, you've bought them already!" The city goes into mass panic, avoiding the supermarkets. Its hysteria on the streets, people paranoid that they'll be the next Smilex victim

Bruce, learning about this new threat, decides to go shopping. He buys products that people use daily and mixes them in the Batcave. What he discovers is the way to stop Joker's plot, but he can't get it out into the public. He needs someone to do that for him. But who?

Later on that day, Bob gives Joker the photos from the hit. Joker comments on how stupid Knox looks, but then becomes curious to who a certain woman is in one of the photos. Bob tells him that it's Vicki Vale, and that she's dating Bruce Wayne. Joker could care less, as long as he get what he wants, Vicki.

Even later in the day, Alfred notifies Bruce that Vicki will be late for their dinner at the museum that night. Bruce responds by saying that they didn't have a dinner date tonight. Suspicious, Bruce decides to check on things.

Vicki gets to the museum a little late, but when she arrives at the table, no one is there. She waits for a while, until she gets a package. She opens it, and it's a gas mask with a note that says "Put this on now!" As she reads, green gas begins to fill the room. Vicki notices this and instantly puts on the mask. Everyone there is knocked out except Vicki. Suddenly, the doors open and several thugs walk in with several color paints. Behind them, is the Joker, disguised as his former self, Jack Napier. He and his thugs proceed to splatter paint on all the paintings and sculptures, vandalizing everything. When they are finished, Joker goes up to Vicki and tells her she can take the gas mask off. Joker tries to impress Vicki, showing her his art work (pictures of Smilex victims), but she moves backward, he's obivously freaking her out. He asks for them to make up, showing her his "flower", but he attempts to shoot acid at her, and she moves out of the way before he can. She grabs whatever is closest, a picther of water, and flings it at Joker. The water hits his face, and his flesh colored make up comes off. He covers his face until the right moment, when Vicki was close enough. He reveals his face, showing that he is the Joker. He starts to laugh manically, but suddenly, the skylight shatters, and the Joker finds himself face-to-face with the Batman! He grabs Vicki and swings through the door with her. Joker can only look in amazement as the two escape into the street. Joker's goons go running after them. As they run, Batman tells Vicki to get in his car. She asks which car, but Vicki suddenly feels quite stupid. Because while there are many cars parked along the street, there is only one Batmobile. The sleek, black Batmobile opens and the two jump in and the car zooms away. Joker's goons attempt to chase them in cars of there own, but the Batmobile is too fast for them. However, they hit a road block that they cannot get around. They get out of the car and run into an alley, with Batman turning on the Batmobile's protective shields to prevent damage and tampering. While they did have a head start, the Joker's goons catch up in their cars. Pedestrians scatter to escape as Joker's goons shoot wildly at the Batman. Meanwhile, the cops arrive, trying to apprehend both the Joker's goons and the Batman. Commissioner Gordan gets out of a police van to see Batman move a civilian, a little girl, out of harms way. This impacts Gordan and changes his mind on Batman. He calls off the pursuit of Batman. Afterwards, Batman sees the Joker's goons gaining on them again, despite the cops involvement. He looks up, and sees a catwalk. He asks Vicki how much she weighs. She replies by telling him about 108 lbs. He's doing some quick mental calculations when the car reappears, blocking their path of escape. Batman pulls out a grapple gun from his utility belt and shoots the rope up, connecting with the catwalk above, and grabs Vicki by the waist. The Joker's goons all get out of the car, as Batman and Vicki zip upward on the grapple gun. Bullets fly but they all miss. However, they stop in mid-air. Her additional weight is too much for the grapple gun. He takes it, attaches it to Vicki's belt, and tell her not to let go of it. He drops down while she rockets upward to the catwalk, screaming the entire way up. Batman hits the ground with a thud. The goons all circle him and shoot him in the chest, point blank at the bat insignia. They see no blood, however, when they check his outfit, they discover it's body armored. They try to take off his mask, but an accidental distraction by Vicki (her camera flash), prevents them from doing so. They try to shoot her, but she ducks. Then, suddenly, Batman springs up and attacks the men. He uses several martial arts forms that leak out of his fighting style: Muay Thai, Karate, Shaolin Kung Fu, etc. All in one fluid motion, he disposes of the goons. However, one goon, Bob, escapes. Through this display of skill, Vicki had been poised on the catwalk with her camera. She hides the roll of film in her blouse and looks for an exit.

Batman calls the Batmobile. The shields come off and the sleek black beast of a car zooms towards him. Vicki comes down a ladder on the opposite side of the catwalk and starts walking, looking over her shoulder every few seconds. Soon, she walks straight into the Batman. He takes her back to the Batmobile. Batman drives down a deserted stretch of road lined by ancient tall pines. Vicki tries to see out. Batman pushes a button and changes the polarization of the glass. She can't see out. He's stoic. Vicki studies Batman's face. He flicks a switch on which turns on lights behind his head which dazzle Vicki, making it impossible for her to see him. Soon, Batman drives straight at a wall, Vicki screams, but they pass right through the wall, as it was just an illusion. They are now in the Batcave. Batman climbs out of the car. He keeps his distance from Vicki. She steps from the Batmobile a little shaky. She steps away from the Batmobile, but when Batman turns the lights on, she notices she was a step away from falling into a black pit. Suddenly, she hears a screeching, and she looks up, seeing a flock of bats. She screams, but Batman tells her to keep quiet. She asks him what he wants, and Batman tells her that the police have it all wrong. They are looking for one product, but the Joker's tainted hundreds of products. A combination of three products is deadly and untraceable. He gives her notes on it. She accepts them, but when she asks to go home, he uses knock out gas to knock her out, and takes the roll of film from her blouse.

When Vicki wakes up, she's in her apartment; without the roll of film. The phone rings; it's Knox. He asks if she's alright. She says yeah, and asks if he can make the evening edition if she gives him a story now. He says just barely. She says she'll be there. That night, the headline "BATMAN CRACKS JOKER'S POISON CODE" hits newstands. The evening news has the story as their breaking news. However, no one knows what to make of Batman: Friend or Foe? When news of this hits the Joker's ears, he becomes furious. He smashes the radio he hears it from with a crowbar to relieve his anger.

At Vicki's apartment, there is a knock at the door. Vicki opens it and Bruce is standing there smiling, a flower in his hand, a shoulder bag on his shoulder, Vicki is very surprised. She recovers. Still cool. Bruce gives her the flower, but she is really angry at him. He never returns her phone calls, he lied to her about the business meeting, and she saw him almost die at City Hall. He tries to explain his dual life to her, but before he can tell her the truth, the doorbell rings. Vicki goes to open it, and the Joker and his goons bust in. Staying concealed, Bruce picks up a metal cookie sheet and puts it under his suit. Joker tells her that he was really upset that she left him for that "sideshow phony". But when he sees Bruce he instantly moves toward him. He points his gun at him and says "Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?" Joker then shoots him in the chest. Joker leaves a package on the table and leaves laughing. Vicki turns around to tend to Bruce's body, but he is no longer there. She sees the metal cookie sheet with a bullet through it. She opens the package Joker left her and a hand springs out with dead flowers. She faints. Bruce returns to the Manor.

Bat Dude
While Bruce is in the Batcave recovering, out of no where, the Joker takes over the airwaves again, this time disguised as Jack Napier, advertising the 200th anniversary parade, where he'll dump 5 million in cash on the city. He encourages Batman to be there. This proves Bruce's hunch that Joker was once Jack Napier. Alfred, at Bruce's side, asks if he'll ever tell Vicki the truth. Bruce tells him that he can never jepordize her. The Joker is still out there, and he's got to go to work. Bruce suits up. He gets to Axis Chemicals, and blows up the tanks, tainting the chemicals, making them harmless. Then he goes to find Joker. This madman must be stopped.

That night, purple and green parade floats and larger than life cartoon balloons can be seen in the streets. People flood the streets, hoping to get some free money. Then, the Joker can be seen dancing like a lunatic atop the biggest, most extravagant float. He begins throwing money from a sack into the crowd. The crowd goes crazy trying to get at the money. Knox and Vicki are at the scene, trying to get a good photo of Joker. Vicki was taking photos of the balloons when she noticed Smilex tanks on the balloons. The floats stop, and Joker tells everyone that they fell for his joke. They look at the money, and it's counterfeit! The dollars all have Joker faces! Then, Joker and his goons put on gas masks, and they start releasing Smilex from the tanks on the balloons. Vicki tells Knox that Joker's gonna kill everyone, and Knox tells her to go in the car. Knox opens his trunk and finds a doctor's mask and a baseball bat. He covers his face and attempts to fight Joker's goons. However, they all climb up ropes. Suddenly, out of the clouds, comes Batman's latest weapon, the Batwing. It gets there just in time, cutting the ropes of the balloons, sending them floating into space, with a minimum of casualties.

Joker gets mad at Batman for "stealing his balloons" and asks "why nobody told him that Batman had one of those things." Joker asks Bob for a gun, and in a fit of rage, he shoots Bob. He appoints a new "Number One Guy", some random thug, and tells his goons to clear the area. The people who didn't die escape, except Vicki and Knox, however, Knox gets knocked out when Vicki accidentally runs into him with the car and sends him flying into a garbage can. She gets out to see if he's ok. She then gets out her camera and starts taking pictures. Batman flies the Batwing into the direction of the Joker, and along the way, the goons attempt to stop him. However, he unveils several "guns" and shoots bean bag bullets to knock them out. He then prepares to shoot Joker with them as well, but Joker, not allowing Batman to make his move, takes out a custom made, SUPER HUGE pistol, and shoots the Batwing, hitting a vital piece of the plane, sending it crashing down, much to the Joker delight. Vicki sees this and screams, Joker notices her with her camera, and goes towards her. With Batman presumed dead, there was no one to stop Joker from taking Vicki, destroying her camera, and going into the cathedral, with her struggling the entire way. When they get into the cathedral, the Batman emerges from the rubble, beaten and battered, and slowly starts to follow them. He follows them to the top floor, where three goons are waiting for him, who had gone into the cathedral as "snipers", but weren't needed. The first goon is a kick boxing specialist. He and Batman have an exchange, but even though he's tired and battered, his fighting skills are superior. The second guy tries to take Batman by suprise, but when he jumps at him, he crashes through the floor. The third goon is a big, muscular guy who simply overpowers the exhausted Batman. However, Batman tricks the goon with a smoke pellet, and low blows him, which knocks him out from the power of the blow.

Meanwhile, Joker decides to dance with Vicki, however, their waltz is interrupted when Batman punches Joker, and proceeds to slap him around a bit before Joker tells him that it's Batman's fault he exists. Batman replies by telling him that he knows, and that he regrets it, but he's not going to get away. Joker starts backing up, laughing. Then, all of a sudden, he leans back and falls over the ledge, and apparently dies. Batman and Vicki look over the ledge, but Joker grabs them and throws them over the ledge, them holding on for dear life. Joker starts prancing around on the ledge, trying to kick their hands off and have them plummet to their death. Suddenly, Joker's foot slips, but he recovers, and begins to laugh about his good fortune. This moment of distraction gave Batman all the time he needed. He gets Vicki back on the ledge, and pulls himself up afterwards. He moves towards Joker. However, the Joker is a madman, and Batman underestimated just how insane he was. He tried to jump off the ledge to escape Batman, but Batman grabs his leg, and pulls him back up. The Joker has been captured. Batman handcuffs the madman and he, Vicki, and his prisoner go down the stairs. Concealed by the shadows, Batman throws Joker out the door, and into the waiting arms of the cops. He gives a quick nod to Vicki, and goes out the back way. Later, Batman meets with Gordon in the shadows, who asks him if he the panic is over. Batman nods, saying he has a gift for him at Police Headquarters.

At a press conference, Gordan, Dent, and the Mayor tell the citizens that the crime spree is over. The Joker is now residing in the newly established Arkham Asylum under the care of Dr. Harleen Quinnzel, and they've rounded up all of Joker's goons with help from Batman. Dent reads a letter from Batman, that if they ever need him, that all they need to do is call him. Knox makes a smart arse comment about how they do so. Gordan unveils Batman's gift, the Batsignal. Vicki walks down the road, to Bruce's car. Alfred says that Bruce is sorry he can't go to the airport with her to see her off, but he has business. She understands and gets into the car. It drives off. Then we go up the skylight and (to the amazing "Finale" song from the score) see Batman looking up at the new signal, at peace with his past and looking to the future, or so he thinks...

END

Bat Dude
Any feedback?

Please?

Mr Parker
eventually I will if you post on my joker thread and put in your vote there.

JediSamuraiMRB
Give me a couple of days to read all of this and then I'll respond.

Bat Dude
I'm half way through Batman Returns now... It'll be an even farther departure from the source than my final version of B89 was...

And I may put the entire "franchise" up as a text document, so as to make it easier to access them all...

Mr Parker
I was thinking batdude,theres really no need for me to read the whole thing is there since i said I loved your original treatment all except for the part of Batman killing the joker and his goons.Just point me to the part in the story where you fixed THAT and leave in everything you had in the first draft and like I said,with the first story you had,as long as you fixed the part of batman killing the joker and his goons,then you got a great batman movie for the die hard batman fans who loved batman begins.

Bat Dude
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=460655&pagenumber=4

towards the bottom of the page...

It starts with "While Bruce is in the Batcave recovering"

Mr Parker
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=460655&pagenumber=4

towards the bottom of the page...

It starts with "While Bruce is in the Batcave recovering"

okay I just re read through the revised version.works for me.sounds like a great winner.as i said before,too bad they didnt have you writing and directing the movie back then.we would have for sure had a much better batman film than what die hard batman fans like myself got stuck with. mad

JackieCD
Great cast Bat Dude. I still think Bale is a great Bruce Wayne.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by JackieCD
Great cast Bat Dude. I still think Bale is a great Bruce Wayne.

Thanks! smile

Yeah, in 1989 (as much as I hate to say it, cuz I still like Keaton's version) Baldwin should have gotten the role... But now, in 2007/2008, it's all about Bale (who should also play Solid Snake if there ever was a Metal Gear Solid movie)

I'm still working on Batman Returns at the moment, not sure if I'll be done anytime soon, though (It's a major departure from the original, so I don't have much to use as a guideline for my writing)

Bat Dude
Ok, I've been working on Batman Returns for a while now, but I'm kinda stuck on one part... How would Selina turn into the Cat? I mean, I still want her to be the secretary turned cat burglar/female alternative to Batman, but how could I make it happen? Any ideas would be appreciated...

Darth Martin
Hugo Weaving=Harvey Dent/Two-Face

Bat Dude
Mandatory Bump

I've had to restart Returns because my file was deleted somehow, so the release has been delayed...

Bat Dude
Ok, somehow I've finished Batman Returns after going NONSTOP for the last few hours... So I'll release it soon if anyone wants me to...

(Note: The original ending included a cameo by the Joker, but I thought due to recent events that I'd scrap that ending and use, imo, a better one)

SelinaAndBruce
I loved Batman Returns as it was except no Selina and Bruce consumation sad

Mr Parker
Ok, somehow I've finished Batman Returns after going NONSTOP for the last few hours... So I'll release it soon if anyone wants me to...

(Note: The original ending included a cameo by the Joker, but I thought due to recent events that I'd scrap that ending and use, imo, a better one)

yeah lets see it.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I loved Batman Returns as it was except no Selina and Bruce consumation sad

Well, I left key parts of Returns intact, but I TOTALLY changed Penguin... And Max Shreck was given a smaller role, and part of his screen time was given to Bruce/Bats...

I left Selina pretty much the same, and Bruce/Bats pretty much the same (minus the killing), and I also gave Harvey Dent a small role (who was for some reason absent in the original)

I ended up scraping any mention of Alexander Knox, and Joker is not seen at all, but merely mentioned...

I also added someone to the cast, played by Frank Vincent... I'll let you find out who as you read...

So if you really liked the original, I'm not really sure you'll like this, but please, give it a read, you never know... I'll post it soon (around 15-30 minutes later)

Bat Dude
During the intro, the snow falls over Gotham, and all is quiet, until a boat docks at Gotham Harbor. Three men unload the cargo from it, which is several crates. They continue to unload the cargo when a swift noise hits their ears. They look to see a piece of metal lodged in one of the crates. One of the men dislodges it, and, to his horror, discovers it's shape, the shape of a bat. He turns around, and finds he is alone. He calls out for his comrades, but when he turns around again, he finds the cold stare of Batman (Alec Baldwin)! He lifts him up, and asks him where the crates are from. The man tells him it was ordered by a man named "Penguin". Batman throws him down, and he falls unconscious from fear. Batman opens the crate to discover several umbrellas. He looks closer, and finds that inside the umbrellas lie small arms. Whoever this "Penguin" is, he's been smuggling arms into Gotham!

Fade to the opening credits rolling to the "Batman Theme".

BATMAN RETURNS

Several months after the "Joker Fiasco", the Christmas season is upon Gotham. However, this night is not one of jovial relaxation. Batman alerted Commissioner Gordon (Paul Newman) of the Harbor incident, and he and Harvey Dent (Val Kilmer) arrive at the scene with several officers. The three discuss the current situation, and possible suspects behind the smuggling. However, no one comes to mind. Could it be a new face in Gotham's underworld?

The next night, the incident is all over the news: BATMAN THWARTS ARMS SMUGGLING. This headline brings a sour face to business man Max Shreck (Christopher Walken). He had a feeling the attempt wouldn't work, and that he'd lose money on supplying the boat. So called up a man named Oswald Cobblepot (Joe Pesci). He told him that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get involved in smuggling, and that he'd appreciate it if he were allowed to pull out. This angers Cobblepot, who exclaims that no one pulls out on the "Penguin's" operations. He told Shreck that if he dared pull out, he'd release information to the public highlighting his friendship and business connections to the late Carl Grissom (Jack Palance), his part in the Axis Chemicals controversy, and his greenlighting the production of a highly harmful chemical that, unknown to the public, caused the birth of the Joker (Willem Dafoe)! Shreck knew that if that information got out, he would be ruined both socially and fianancially. He had no choice but to comply with Cobblepot's demands.

Mere seconds after Shreck hangs up, the Mayor (Lee Wallace), Harvey Dent, and Commissioner Gordon come into his office and tell him that the annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony is about to begin. The four men go down to the streets of Gotham, where citizens have crowded around a podium at City Hall, with a large Christmas tree in the courtyard closeby. The Mayor speaks about how tradition is important to Gotham, and that no one, be it the Joker, the Mafia, or the like, will stop the citizens of Gotham from having a peaceful Christmas. The Mayor then gives the podium to Shreck, who continues on the subject of tradition. He speaks about the tradition of using Christmas trees, and, with the Ice Princess (Cristi Conaway), lights the tree. However, after a few seconds, the lights on the tree flash, and soon after, explode. The citizens start to panic, and the Mayor, Dent, Gordon, and Shreck move away from the tree.

The chaos was not over, however, as a gang of circus performers known as the "Red Triangle Gang" appear at the sight of the ceremony. They fire guns, set things ablaze, and generally reek havoc upon the citizens. Gordon runs to his car, pulls out the police radio, and yells to the officers at the station to turn on the "signal" and come to City Hall to back him up.

Meanwhile, Wayne Manor is dark and cold. There seems to be no one around. A completely deserted house. Suddenly, the Batsignal shines in the night. Then, plates on Wayne Manor reflect the light into the Manor's study. And as if by instinct, a man sitting in the room, unknown the viewer until now, who is Bruce Wayne, gets up and immediately leaves the room.

The Red Triangle Gang continues to cause chaos and destruction on the streets of Gotham. Shreck breaks off from the others, and goes into an alley to escape. Soon, a limousine pulls up at the end of the alley. He walks towards it, and to his suprise, inside is Oswald Cobblepot. He gestures Shreck to come in, and he does. They go for a drive.

Soon, the Batmobile races through the streets, and systematically defeats all the "stilt-walkers" with blunt discs that shoot out of the Batmobile. Batman gets out, and grabs one of the "bikers" by the shirt, and throws him into a wall. Now, Batman is completely outnumbered and surrounded by the Red Triangle Gang. However, he just stands ready, and takes them all out in a barrage of martial skill. Every non-lethal combat technique known to man can be seen surging from within Batman's fluid fighting. He eventually defeats them, and the remaining gang members retreat. Except one, who holds a woman hostage. Batman walks up to them, but not too close. The gang member promises to off the woman if he comes any closer. Batman pulls out a grapple gun and shoots it at the wall. When the gang member laughs at his "bad aim", he pulls the cord back, pulling a block from the wall out, hitting him on the back of the head, and rendering him unconscious. Batman looks at the woman, who tries desperately to make out something to say, and then swiftly walks away, leaving the woman there, dazed and unsure of what just transpired.

Meanwhile, Cobblepot and Shreck are in the limousine. Cobblepot tells Shreck that he should forget arms smuggling for the time being, and that he needs his help to become Mayor. Shreck, with a puzzled, yet amused look, asks why he would want to become Mayor. Cobblepot tells him that it is quite simple. He wants to become Mayor because it would make his illegal operations run more smoothly, and would give him an alibi to use in future cases, should someone discover that he and the "Penguin" are one and the same. Shreck then asks what exactly he would get out of it. Cobblepot tells him that as Mayor, he'd allow Axis Chemicals to be used again, after the fiasco that saw Jack Napier take a toxic bath. This would allow Shreck's cosmetics to be tested again, and would allow for them to be put back on the shelf, after Joker's tampering. This in turn, would allow Shreck to make a boat load of money. As Shreck was pondering, Cobblepot added that he still owns him, and that he needs to help, unless he wants his little secret to go public. Shreck agrees, thinking of all he could do with the extra income of the cosmetic line. Cobblepot lets Shreck out, and the limousine drives off.

Part 1

Bat Dude
When the Red Triangle Gang is defeated, Batman seemingly disappears into the shadows. A few minutes later, when the panic dies down, Dent and Gordon walk towards a shadowy alley, and they meet up with Batman. Gordon asks if the Red Triangle Gang are in league with the Joker, but Batman dispells this thought. He states that Joker is still in Arkham, and even the Joker could not get orders out to the Red Triangle Gang while in the max security wing. Dent asks him who could have hired the Red Triangle Gang? Or are they working alone? Batman tells them that he's not sure yet, but he's intent on finding out.

Selina Kyle, Max Shreck's secretary, or as she would put it, "Executive Assistant", arrives home after nearly being killed, if it hadn't been for Batman. She turns on her answering machine and listened to the messages. The first one is of her mother complaining of her never calling. The second is of an instructor saying that she hasn't been to the women's self defense classes in a while. The third one she thinks is gonna be something stupid, only to find that she made a big mistake. She forgot to sort out the files for Shreck's meeting with Bruce Wayne, which were necessary if Shreck wanted to make a case for the possible reforming of Axis Chemicals, and why it would benefit Wayne if he gave his support. She hurries to the office to get everything ready. As she is rummaging through Shreck's files on Axis Chemicals, she finds his connections to Carl Grissom. However, when she tries to put them back, Shreck is standing right behind her, and sees her holding the incriminating files. He already had Cobblepot blackmailing him, he didn't need his secretary doing the same. He grabs her and throws her out the fourteenth story window, with her crashing through several awnings on the way down. He then grabs the files, which Cobblepot no doubt has copies of, and burns them, to prevent any other thorns in his side.

Meanwhile, in the Batcave, Bruce continues to work on discovering the Red Triangle Gang's allegiance. The only clues he has is that they attacked during the tree lighting ceremony, and that they don't work for Joker. Then he remembers the arms smuggling that was attempted yesterday. He decides to check the crime scenes one more time. When he arrives, he hears a noise, and he jumps behind a crate to conceal himself. He hears a conversation between two men, about how the "Penguin" was disappointed with the Red Triangle Gang after the failed "Tree Lighting Fiasco". Batman records the conversation, and finally figures out that whoever this "Penguin" is, he is controlling the Red Triangle Gang as well. Another tidbit he finds as he is leaving (not recording), is that this "Penguin" is planning to run for Mayor soon.

Selina Kyle miraculously did not die, and gets up. She goes home, and turns on her answering machine. She hears her recording of how she forgot to get the files ready, and upon hearing that, she destroyed her answering machine. She then turns on the television to see a story on Batman defeating the Red Triangle Gang. She becomes inspired by the wild, free, untamed life of Batman, and decides to have it for her own. She decides to don a costume and live free, doing what she wanted, when she wanted, and no one would be her boss. But what would be her costume? Just then, her cat, Ms. Kitty, walks in through the window. She pauses for a quick moment, pondering, and then goes into her room, into her closet, and begins finding materials. She creates her costume, and tries it out, shrouded by darkness. She can be heard hissing as the screen goes black.

The next day, at a press conference, the Mayor is addressing the Red Triangle Gang's attack on the tree lighting ceremony. He states that as long as he's still Mayor, he will work to make sure no more Red Triangle Gang attacks will happen. Just then, a gang member runs up to the podium, shoves the Mayor aside, and takes his wife's baby. He says that he's not very good with speeches, so he'll just say thanks. He then runs away, and no one could catch up to him. He turns the corner, and it seems like the Mayor's baby is beyond saving. However, they hear the gang member being attacked (though in actuality, he isn't being attacked at all). Then, we see Oswald Cobblepot, top hat, umbrella and all, carrying the Mayor's baby to safety. There is a roar of the crowd as Cobblepot returns the baby to his parents. This act made Cobblepot a public hero, and Shreck makes his support of him public. With confidence, Cobblepot addresses the state of the office of Mayor. He mentions the Mayor's inability to stop the Red Triangle Gang's frequent attacks, and his over-reliance on Batman. The public begins to think about this, and starts to agree. With this, Shreck throws Cobblepot's hat into the race for Mayor in a recall election. This news reaches the ears of Bruce Wayne with a thunderous rumble. He has figured out the secret of the "Penguin"! However, he cannot prove a thing.

That afternoon, Bruce Wayne has a late business meeting with Max Shreck. Shreck tells him that Axis Chemicals is necessary to bring industry back to Gotham. However, Bruce tells him that too many shady things have gone on there, and he cannot back the idea. Angry, Shreck gets Bruce's coat and tells him that he's sorry his secretary couldn't be here, that she'd be able to see him out, but she's on "extended vacation". Just then, Selina Kyle walks in through the door, and tells Shreck that he should never go to Vegas, because if he had to bet on it, he'd lose everything. This Selina Kyle, however, is COMPLETELY transformed. Gone are the dorky glasses and the bun hairstyle. Now, her true eyes show, and she wears her hair down, wild and free, somewhat frizzy, but in a very attractive manner. Amazed, Bruce Wayne stares as she takes his arm and leads him to the elevator. Still in awe, Bruce asks Selina to join him for dinner in a very jumbled, nervous manner, very out of character for the billionare playboy. She giggles, saying in a sarcastic manner that he has very good speaking skills, and that she'd like to. Bruce smiles and says that he'd meet her at the Manor at 9:00. He leaves the elevator, thinking of her.

That night, around 8:00, the Red Triangle Gang attacks yet again, and Batman is ready. He immediately thwarts the gang members, until he arrives at a pale skinned strong man with a snake tattoo on his chest. Batman punches him, but it doesn't effect him. Batman steps back, and the strong man follows, laughing at Batman's "weakness". Suddenly, the strong man is lifted off his feet and into the air, caught in a net, hanging from a street light. Batman had tricked him! Then, Batman spots Oswald Cobblepot, in a limousine, watching the festivities. He steps out, and he and Batman speak. Batman asks what he's doing there. Cobblepot answers, saying that he's making sure the city is safe, you know, upstanding Mayor stuff. Batman tells him that he's not the Mayor, and Cobblepot says that "things can change". Cobblepot, realizing that Batman knows who he is, tells him he can't stop him, and Batman says that "things can change".

Meanwhile, in Shreck's Main Office, a silhouette of a woman skips around the place, burning Shreck's most important files. She then defaces a picture of Max Shreck himself. Then, she takes a sample bottle of perfume from the front desk, and puts it in the lunch room's microwave. She turns on the microwave and leaves the office. As Batman and Cobblepot stare each other down, the woman back hand springs out of the front doors and faces the two men. She is dressed in a black body suit, obviously stitched together quite hastily, yet efficiently, black gloves, black boots, and a black mask with cat ears. Cobblepot and Batman are shocked at the sight, not able to say a word. Then, the woman lets out a feminine meow, and there is an explosion. The eighth story of Shreck's Main Office is engulfed in flames, and they spread to the seventh, sixth, fifth, and etc. The explosion distracts the two men long enough for the woman to escape. Soon, Cobblepot rushes back to his limousine and drives off, hoping not to blow his secret. Batman then climbs up to the roof of a nearby building to try and find the mysterious woman. As he's searching the streets below, he is suddenly kicked down. The mysterious woman has returned! As he tries to get up, she kicks him back down, and keeps him there with her boot. She goes on about how everyone is so reliant on him, yet he can't even stop a woman. She tells him that there's a new face on the prowl in Gotham, and her name is Catwoman, and all of Gotham will hear her roar. Just then, Batman then slips from under her and kips-up to his feet and kicks her down, putting a large bruise on her stomach. She starts to "cry" and asks how Batman could harm a woman. He picks her up, and dusts her off. She purrs, and gets closer to Batman. Batman, unsure of how to handle her, lets her continue. She feels around his costume, until she finds a weak spot, and then, suddenly, she scratches him in that exact location, and he backs away. She hisses, and as Batman attempts to recompose himself, Catwoman is gone.

Part 2

Bat Dude
Batman arrives in the Batcave to find that he is several minutes late. He quickly bandages the scratch, changes into decent clothes, and arrives in the Manor. However, Selina has just arrived. He shows her in, and the two are served dinner by Alfred (Michael Gough) near the television, watching It's a Wonderful Life. The two talk about how things are, the lonliness of bachleor life, the boredom of secretary life, and how "there are two truths". Soon, the two fall into a deep, passionate kiss. Selina begins to undo Bruce's shirt, but he remembers the scratch, and stops her. Then Bruce begins to unbutton Selina's blouse, but she remembers the bruise, and stops him. They pull apart, and both make up excuses for not continuing. Bruce and Selina awkwardly continue to watch the movie, until Selina leaves, thanking Bruce for a nice evening.

The next day, Oswald Cobblepot continues his speeches on how the current Mayor has let the city rot, and thanks to Batman, men are turned into crazed clowns (Joker), and women are turned into costumed arsonists (Catwoman). He pleads that if the citizens of Gotham want a normal society, they should vote for the Mayor to be replaced with himself. When Cobblepot is finished, he goes to his office and finds that someone was waiting for him. Catwoman is stretched out on his desk. He smirks, asking how much is it? Catwoman tells him to can it, and that they should work together to take down their one common enemy, Batman. Cobblepot tells her that he has no idea what she's talking about. However, Catwoman tells him to quit the act, as he was there WITH Batman when she had set Shreck's office ablaze. He finally admits it to her, and says that he has a plan.

That evening, on the news, Oswald Cobblepot makes a challenge to Batman, to "prove his worth" to the people of Gotham, and keep the peace at the relighing of the tree in front of Gotham City Hall. Bruce is fixated on the television as he watches the speech. Soon, however, the Batsignal rises in the night sky, and he goes to work. When he arrives, he finds Commissioner Gordon and Harvey Dent are there, and ask him if he's gonna go. He says yes, and that he knows Oswald Cobblepot is controlling the Red Triangle Gang, but he can't prove it yet. He then asks Dent if he'll prosecute if he finds the evidence, and Dent says yes. Just then, Batman notices Dent is flipping a Gotham 200th Anniversary silver dollar. Then, he turns back to Gordon, and tells him that he also should be at the tree lighting ceremony later tonight. Gordon nods, and Batman quietly leaves as Gordon turns off the signal.

Batman arrives on the rooftop of the building nearest City Hall, out of plain sight. Everything seems quiet, until the police announce that the Ice Princess has been kidnapped! Batman silently and stealthily moves in towards last reported location. As he moves, he sees out of the corner of his eye the Ice Princess being carried away. He runs to intercept them, but he is stopped suddenly by Catwoman. The two "dance" for a little bit, before she kicks him back down and runs up to the roof of the building with the Ice Princess. He follows them, and finds the Ice Princess near the ledge, twelve stories up, and no Catwoman. He tells the Ice Princess to be calm, and that he'll get her down. However, a small explosion goes off on the roof, pushing the Ice Princess off the ledge, and onto electrical equipment twelve stores below. The tree lights up, and bats begin to fly from the tree. The scared citizens look up to find Batman looking down, prompting them to believe HE had pushed her off. The cops find their way up there, and attempt to apprehend him, however, he jumps from the ledge, only to slide off the roof of another building, and into an alley a few buildings away. While everyone is preoccupied with the numerous bats flying around, Batman tries to stand, but is gently pushed back down by Catwoman's sexy straddle. She tells him that now's the time to play nice, because he might not be there much longer, as she leans down and kisses him cat-style. Then, Batman looks up and sees a misteltoe hanging above them and says "Mistletoe can be deadly, if you eat it..." and Catwoman replies, saying "But a kiss, can be even deadlier, if you mean it..." as she gets off of him. She then savagely pulls him up, and attacks him. Batman, however, is quick witted and ready, countering her kicks with a careful judo toss. She runs down the alley, and Batman gives chase, until he realizes that the cops are looking for him. He calls for the Batmobile and drives off into the night. As the citizens of Gotham panic, and the bats are being handled, Catwoman finds herself on the rooftop of a nearby building, standing next to Oswald Cobblepot, the "Penguin". Cobblepot attempts to grope her and "take their relationship further", Catwoman hisses and rejects him. Angered, Cobblepot shoves her off the ledge, and she lands, ironically, in a truck full of kitty litter.

When Bruce arrives home, he carefully thinks over the situation at hand. He decides he has to find evidence to prove his innocence and get Cobblepot behind bars. However, Alfred reminds him that nearly every policeman in Gotham City is looking for Batman. Bruce thinks long and hard, then says that the cops may be looking for Batman, but they won't be looking for a well disguised Bruce Wayne. And so the plan is set. And Bruce, disguising his voice, calls up Oswald Cobblepot to meet with him.

When Bruce arrives at the designated location, disguised and an audio recorder in his pocket, he is met by a middle-aged italian man. He introduces himself as Oswald Cobblepot's underboss, Salvatore Maroni (Frank Vincent). He asks him his name, to which Bruce replies "Matches... Matches Malone". Maroni nods and takes him to Cobblepot. Cobblepot and "Matches" talk about what the big picture for the Gotham Underworld is. Cobblepot makes a mention of how he tricked the citizens of Gotham into thinking Batman killed the Ice Princess, and soon he'll be Mayor, meaning the Mafia can grow out into the other parts of Gotham, "like it used to be". Little did Cobblepot know that "Matches" was actually Batman, and that he had recorded the whole thing. He thanked Cobblepot for taking the time to meet with him, and that he'd get back to him. "Matches" then took the recording and brought it to Commissioner Gordon's office, only this time as Batman. He quietly snuck in and told Commissioner Gordon that the recording has evidence that he is innocent and that Cobblepot is not only in control of the Red Triangle Gang, but also controls the Gotham Mafia. Commissioner Gordon then takes it to the other officers and Harvey Dent, and they have a case against Cobblepot. They moved out to capture him.

As Oswald Cobblepot was readying himself to give another speech, he is arrested under charges of murder and racketeering. He turns to Max Shreck for support, but he turns away, and sells him out. This greatly angers Cobblepot, who will remember this. As he is being escorted to a police car, he makes a break for it and jumps into the sewer, where he follows a trail used by gangsters from long ago to get to and from different locations around the city. He sets up a final, master plan to rid himself of Max Shreck, Batman, and anyone else who gets in his way. As he put it, "Their not putting me on a pedestal, so I'm laying them on a slab!"

Part 3 (1 more to go)

Bat Dude
Meanwhile, Max Shreck has put together a big masquerade ball. Everyone who's anyone is there. Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent, Mayor Borg, and Bruce Wayne were all present. Bruce Wayne, however, is not dressed in a costume. Max Shreck mocks him for it, but Bruce shrugs it off. Then, Bruce sees Selina walking down the stairs to the ball room, looking elegant in a black dress. Ironically, she too, did not dress in a costume. The two meet up and begin dancing, enjoying each other's company. They then kiss passionately, and Selina looks up, and finds a misteltoe hanging above them. She tells Bruce, "You know, misteltoe can be deadly, if you eat it..." and Bruce, almost on instinct, says "But a kiss, can be even deadlier, if you mean it..." Both Bruce and Selina pause, too shocked for words. All this time, they had been fighting each other. Selina, worried, asks if they have to start fighting again, and Bruce tells her to go with him to the car. Suddenly, an explosion goes off in the ball room, and Red Triangle Gang members rush the room. In the chaos, Bruce and Selina are separated, and nearly everyone rushes out the doors. However, the gang members kept Shreck there, and down the stairs came the top hatted, umbrella holding, monocle wearing Oswald Cobblepot, mad as can be. He tells Max Shreck that he didn't invite him, so he decided to crash the party. Max Shreck tried to calm Cobblepot down, saying the cops intimidated him. Cobblepot tells him not to worry, because he'll die before the cops even arrive! Suddenly, there was a yell, "BOSS!", and then silence. Everyone looks around. Another yell, "HELP!", and then silence again. Worried, Cobblepot sends his Red Triangle Gang members to scope the area. However, they never come back. Having to put Shreck's demise on hold, Cobblepot goes looking for the disturbance, however, he doesn't take more than five steps before Batman jumps from the shadows and attacks. The two begin fighting around the entire room, then up the stairs, and back down. With nobody's eyes on Shreck, he picks up an abandoned revolver dropped by Cobblepot during the fighting, and he hides it in his pocket. However, someone pulls him into the shadows. Cobblepot begins swinging his umbrella violently at Batman, who sidesteps every swing, until he grabs the umbrella mid-swing and smacks Cobblepot in the head with it, knocking him unconscious. As Batman goes back to retrieve Shreck, he finds that Shreck is gone. He hears Shreck's screams, and follows them up the stairs to the balcony. There he finds Shreck captured, a whip around his neck, and Catwoman. Batman tries to calm her down, telling her to let the cops handle Shreck and the rest, and to go home to the Manor with him. A tear comes down Catwoman's eye as says that she would love to go home with him and live there forever. Batman approaches her slowly, but Catwoman instantly cracks her whip at him and tells him that she just couldn't live with herself, because Shreck HAS to pay for what he did to her. She then turns to remove Shreck from the equation, but before she can do that, Shreck then pulls out the revolver and shoots three shots into Catwoman. She laughs, saying that there are five lives gone, four more to go. He takes two more shots. She walks closer, saying two more to go. She then walks right into the barrel, and Shreck pulls the trigger, nothing happens, he has no more bullets. She laughs and takes off her mask, revealing herself to Shreck as Selina Kyle. His shocked look pleases her, and she says that she'll save one life for next Christmas. She blows Batman a kiss as she pulls out a stick of dynamite, lights it, and places it under the balcony. She again waves goodbye, and Batman has no choice but to grab Cobblepot and duck for cover. Selina holds Shreck in place, and an explosion rocks the balcony, and it gives, falling several stories to the street below. Batman, guilt ridden and under emotional trauma, turns in the Red Triangle Gang and Oswald Cobblepot to Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham City Police. He then arrives at the Batcave, and breaks down, with Alfred there to comfort him.

Soon after, Oswald Cobblepot is put on trial with Harvey Dent as the prosecutor. In attendance is Salvatore Maroni, who sits in the front row, closest the District Attorney. Dent begins to display the evidence of murder and racketeering (the recorder), when Sal Maroni stands up, yells at Dent, and when he turns around, Sal Maroni throws some kind of liquid at him. It hits his face and we realize what it was, acid. Dent's face begins to burn heavily, and an ambulance is called. Dent is rushed to the hospital and Maroni is taken into custody. That night, Oswald Cobblepot is interrogated by Gordon, and it is found out that Maroni acted on his own accord. So Oswald is given a shorter sentence in return for testifing against Maroni. He does so, and Maroni is put away for several years. It is found out that Maroni acted because he thought that Cobblepot might give his son his own "Family" one day, based on his bravery and will to act.

END

So, what do ya think? (If you've made it this far, congrats! You've survived Bat Dude's Wall o' Text!)

Bat Dude
Bump (if no one posts in the next few days, I'll let this thread die, as interest seems to have died down)

Bat Dude
Bump (if no one posts in the next few days, I'll let this thread die, as interest seems to have died down)

One last time... If anyone wishes to give feedback, PLEASE DO SO!

I really kind of want to continue this project (to go along with my other projects, like my song lyrics, which you can check out and give feedback for at the Poetry Corner wink ) but I don't want to do so until I've gotten a reaction from the previous work... That's a reason why Returns was delayed so much...

So again, if anyone wishes it, please give feedback, otherwise, this thread may finally die...

Mr Parker
I wasnt aware that you made anymore posts since the last time I posted.dont frequent the batman section much these days and wont till the movie comes out so i wasnt aware you had.tell me where your new posts are and I'll look at them.

Bat Dude
I wasnt aware that you made anymore posts since the last time I posted.dont frequent the batman section much these days and wont till the movie comes out so i wasnt aware you had.tell me where your new posts are and I'll look at them.

If you scroll down a little bit after your post "Yeah, let's see it", you'll see the beginning of Batman Returns... Then, if you wish, you can give a review... (then you may wish to check out my Song Lyrics at the Poetry Corner wink )

Mr Parker
i'll eventually read through this thread but you REALLY should have called the thread RE WRITING THE ORIGINAL FRANCHISE.

Bat Dude
i'll eventually read through this thread but you REALLY should have called the thread RE WRITING THE ORIGINAL FRANCHISE.

True, but then it would have to go into the General Fiction section, and hardly anyone who browses this forum goes over there (I should know, my Harvey Dent script was terminated because of lack of interest)

Calling it "Recasting" not only let it stay where it was, but it also let me add my say about who I would have casted...

Overall, perhaps a better thread title would have been: "My Ideas for the Original Franchise"...

And when you do finish, feel free to comment (not only on this, but also my Song Lyrics wink )

Mr Parker
Meanwhile, Max Shreck has put together a big masquerade ball. Everyone who's anyone is there. Commissioner Gordon, Harvey Dent, Mayor Borg, and Bruce Wayne were all present. Bruce Wayne, however, is not dressed in a costume. Max Shreck mocks him for it, but Bruce shrugs it off. Then, Bruce sees Selina walking down the stairs to the ball room, looking elegant in a black dress. Ironically, she too, did not dress in a costume. The two meet up and begin dancing, enjoying each other's company. They then kiss passionately, and Selina looks up, and finds a misteltoe hanging above them. She tells Bruce, "You know, misteltoe can be deadly, if you eat it..." and Bruce, almost on instinct, says "But a kiss, can be even deadlier, if you mean it..." Both Bruce and Selina pause, too shocked for words. All this time, they had been fighting each other. Selina, worried, asks if they have to start fighting again, and Bruce tells her to go with him to the car. Suddenly, an explosion goes off in the ball room, and Red Triangle Gang members rush the room. In the chaos, Bruce and Selina are separated, and nearly everyone rushes out the doors. However, the gang members kept Shreck there, and down the stairs came the top hatted, umbrella holding, monocle wearing Oswald Cobblepot, mad as can be. He tells Max Shreck that he didn't invite him, so he decided to crash the party. Max Shreck tried to calm Cobblepot down, saying the cops intimidated him. Cobblepot tells him not to worry, because he'll die before the cops even arrive! Suddenly, there was a yell, "BOSS!", and then silence. Everyone looks around. Another yell, "HELP!", and then silence again. Worried, Cobblepot sends his Red Triangle Gang members to scope the area. However, they never come back. Having to put Shreck's demise on hold, Cobblepot goes looking for the disturbance, however, he doesn't take more than five steps before Batman jumps from the shadows and attacks. The two begin fighting around the entire room, then up the stairs, and back down. With nobody's eyes on Shreck, he picks up an abandoned revolver dropped by Cobblepot during the fighting, and he hides it in his pocket. However, someone pulls him into the shadows. Cobblepot begins swinging his umbrella violently at Batman, who sidesteps every swing, until he grabs the umbrella mid-swing and smacks Cobblepot in the head with it, knocking him unconscious. As Batman goes back to retrieve Shreck, he finds that Shreck is gone. He hears Shreck's screams, and follows them up the stairs to the balcony. There he finds Shreck captured, a whip around his neck, and Catwoman. Batman tries to calm her down, telling her to let the cops handle Shreck and the rest, and to go home to the Manor with him. A tear comes down Catwoman's eye as says that she would love to go home with him and live there forever. Batman approaches her slowly, but Catwoman instantly cracks her whip at him and tells him that she just couldn't live with herself, because Shreck HAS to pay for what he did to her. She then turns to remove Shreck from the equation, but before she can do that, Shreck then pulls out the revolver and shoots three shots into Catwoman. She laughs, saying that there are five lives gone, four more to go. He takes two more shots. She walks closer, saying two more to go. She then walks right into the barrel, and Shreck pulls the trigger, nothing happens, he has no more bullets. She laughs and takes off her mask, revealing herself to Shreck as Selina Kyle. His shocked look pleases her, and she says that she'll save one life for next Christmas. She blows Batman a kiss as she pulls out a stick of dynamite, lights it, and places it under the balcony. She again waves goodbye, and Batman has no choice but to grab Cobblepot and duck for cover. Selina holds Shreck in place, and an explosion rocks the balcony, and it gives, falling several stories to the street below. Batman, guilt ridden and under emotional trauma, turns in the Red Triangle Gang and Oswald Cobblepot to Commissioner Gordon and the Gotham City Police. He then arrives at the Batcave, and breaks down, with Alfred there to comfort him.

Soon after, Oswald Cobblepot is put on trial with Harvey Dent as the prosecutor. In attendance is Salvatore Maroni, who sits in the front row, closest the District Attorney. Dent begins to display the evidence of murder and racketeering (the recorder), when Sal Maroni stands up, yells at Dent, and when he turns around, Sal Maroni throws some kind of liquid at him. It hits his face and we realize what it was, acid. Dent's face begins to burn heavily, and an ambulance is called. Dent is rushed to the hospital and Maroni is taken into custody. That night, Oswald Cobblepot is interrogated by Gordon, and it is found out that Maroni acted on his own accord. So Oswald is given a shorter sentence in return for testifing against Maroni. He does so, and Maroni is put away for several years. It is found out that Maroni acted because he thought that Cobblepot might give his son his own "Family" one day, based on his bravery and will to act.

END

So, what do ya think? (If you've made it this far, congrats! You've survived Bat Dude's Wall o' Text!)

sounds great.as i said before,its adamn shame they didnt have YOU writing the scripts back then-with the help of my feedback of course. big grin if they had had YOU back then,we could have had a couple of good batmam movies made back then. The ONLY thing I would change here is leave out Catwomen.Thats what started the downfall pf the franchise was the two villain thing.Most the fans were nto as thrilled with Batman Returns as much as they were the first one because of the two villain thing and also because it had much more violence in it than th efirst one did and also had quite a bit of gore which the first didnt have either and ut showed at the box office.Glad to see YOU left out all that violence and gore.good job.

Like I said,the ONLY thing I would change is leave Catwomen out and dont let her appear until Batman and Robin and THEN have her do all those things you mentioned with bruce and everybody else.Also i wouldnt change the part of having penguin hit her catwomen and make her kand in that garbage truck since catwomen isnt in this one,keep it like it was with batman doing that to her.great script. thumb up

Bat Dude
Just a question, does anyone want me to continue this?

Bat Dude
Just a question, does anyone want me to continue this?

Question is still up for anyone to answer...

Endrict Nuul
I think a mid 30s William Petersen would have made a great Batman and Bruce.

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/artman2/uploads/1/william-petersen.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.