Here come the Perseids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
A reminder to any stargazers that the Perseids Meteor shower will be visible on 12th, 13th August. Northern Hemisphere only.

The meteors are cast-offs from Comet Swift-Tuttle, which orbits the Sun every 135 years and last swept through the inner solar system in 1992, the earth goes through its tail and pulls the bits in towards it.

More info here..

http://www.imo.net/calendar/2007

dadudemon
Thanks...I will keep an eye out for it.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Northern Hemisphere only.

just another reason why the norther hemisphere kicks the southern hemisphere's ass

the other reason being poverty

ADarksideJedi
Sounds good.This should be in the off topic thread.jm

debbiejo
Wow, this sounds cool also, I'm always watchng the sky at night.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Sounds good.This should be in the off topic thread.jm

"Off Topic" WTF are you on about, this is the General discussion forum

Is this forum for Discussing Generals and their Military achievements or what?

Some people have nothing better to do than strobe through posts seeking possible things to moan about eh GAL.

inimalist

Some people have nothing better to do than strobe through posts seeking possible things to moan about eh GAL.

lol, the forums are slow these days, we scared off all the crapy trolls so now there is nobody to bicker with

Bicnarok
Originally posted by inimalist
lol, the forums are slow these days, we scared off all the crapy trolls so now there is nobody to bicker with

Good point, lets start a bickering thread then eek!

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist

Slow? Have you been many message boards? This place is blazing fast compared to ther places I have been a part of.

There are other sites that are much much faster though. Some sites, you will see a post you hit reply and then just type, "I agree" and click submit and then there are 20-50 more posts after you click submit.

fini
I had set my alarm clock to get up and watch out for them, but It was cloudly. Grrr.

WEll lets see If i get some chance tonight. I should see some, even if last night was supposed to be the peak of the shower.

Alfheim
Good point, lets start a bickering thread then eek!

Yeah and make sure to invite Bardock as well. An argument is guaranteed.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by fini
I had set my alarm clock to get up and watch out for them, but It was cloudly. Grrr.

Glad im not the only one who got up for nothing.

I had a wicked dream though, that a small meteor landed in the garden, I picked it up and it sort of attached itself in a bright way into the palm of my right hand. Then there were people chasing me, an alien invasion of creatures who came from a different dimension, and all sorts of this sort of thing, very realistic as well.

JLred
it'll be tonight too? do i need a telescope to see them? I live i south texas...am i not gonna be able to see them?..

Bicnarok
Is Texas in the N. Hemishpere?

If so you might get lucky:9

JLred
well i missed it...i fell asleep like a 6 and woke at like 11...damn....i'll tell my grandkids to watch 'em....

jaden101
i saw a little bit 2 nights ago...although i cant remember the comet tail the earth passed through about 5 or 6 years ago...me and 2 friends went to the top of the hills near where i lived...well out into the country and watched the whole thing...it was spectacular

Kelly_Bean
Man I was sitting outside our vacation cabin thingy and Seb kept seeing what looked like freaking shooting stars but I didn't see anything! Then I found out the next day what everyone (but me) was seeing was that meteor shower. I was like w00t!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.