My Idea for a Captain America Movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shksprtx

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Fascinating

grey fox
Very interesting, however the strangle scene seems a little...odd ?

It would be more realistic for cap to have a small struggle and the assassin to fall onto the equipment, thus electrocuting himself AND destroying any possible remains of the knowledge for the SSS.

Another problem is The Colonel , this film would cause untold amounts of criticism , be seen as propaganda and possibly incite a hell of a lot more anger towards the west.

What would possibly be better is a slightly more jaded look , Cap realising that his country isn't about it's people , life and liberty anymore, but about control and big business. His country having caused part of the turmoil he is trying to defeat, The Colonel could then be introduced as a sympathetic villain, who believes he's doing the right thing by becoming this living weapon.

Then in the showdown Cap can talk to him while they fight something along the lines of this.

"You want to do good for your country huh, fight the good fight and those insurgents, 'evil' soldiers whom are intent on invading and forcing there ways of life on you, I was like that once son, the world...it never works for us...."

You could then have The Colonel break down, emotionally , then physically , his body rejecting the SSS finally causing horrific visual affects (Melting skin ect).

shksprtx
Originally posted by grey fox
Very interesting, however the strangle scene seems a little...odd ?

It would be more realistic for cap to have a small struggle and the assassin to fall onto the equipment, thus electrocuting himself AND destroying any possible remains of the knowledge for the SSS.

Another problem is The Colonel , this film would cause untold amounts of criticism , be seen as propaganda and possibly incite a hell of a lot more anger towards the west.

What would possibly be better is a slightly more jaded look , Cap realising that his country isn't about it's people , life and liberty anymore, but about control and big business. His country having caused part of the turmoil he is trying to defeat, The Colonel could then be introduced as a sympathetic villain, who believes he's doing the right thing by becoming this living weapon.

Then in the showdown Cap can talk to him while they fight something along the lines of this.

"You want to do good for your country huh, fight the good fight and those insurgents, 'evil' soldiers whom are intent on invading and forcing there ways of life on you, I was like that once son, the world...it never works for us...."

You could then have The Colonel break down, emotionally , then physically , his body rejecting the SSS finally causing horrific visual affects (Melting skin ect).

Interesting points...though I fail to see how any Captain America movie can NOT be heavy on propagandist messages, one way or another. Face it, he stands for American superiority, be it physical or moral.

As for the ending, I actually rather like it your way...though I would still want to tie Red Skull in at the very end, to set up for a possible sequel...

I also agree that I went a bit overboard having Cap strangle the assassin in 1943; however, I was trying to make Cap a little rougher around the edges, and was assuming there would be some moral uncertainty within him immediately following...

Good points across the board, though...

willRules
I thought that was pretty cool, although instead of a marine explaining the cliff notes of history to Cap, I think a montage of important events up to that year would be cool. yes

grey fox
Originally posted by shksprtx
Interesting points...though I fail to see how any Captain America movie can NOT be heavy on propagandist messages, one way or another. Face it, he stands for American superiority, be it physical or moral.

As for the ending, I actually rather like it your way...though I would still want to tie Red Skull in at the very end, to set up for a possible sequel...

I also agree that I went a bit overboard having Cap strangle the assassin in 1943; however, I was trying to make Cap a little rougher around the edges, and was assuming there would be some moral uncertainty within him immediately following...

Good points across the board, though...

Who do you think CAUSED the SSS to breakdown in The Colonels body shifty

shksprtx
Who do you think CAUSED the SSS to breakdown in The Colonels body shifty

jawdrop

grey fox
Originally posted by shksprtx
jawdrop

cool

Caps Conscience
Garbage.

shksprtx
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Garbage.

Could be...what would you do differently?

Specifically, I'm waiting for someone to explain to me how, aside from being Cap's traditional arch-enemy, the Red Skull could be made relevant to any Captain America film being produced in this century.

Ultimately, comic book movies aren't made to please the fanboys; they're made to earn money...and so long as they at least honor the spirit of the comic, all is well IMHO.

But I can promise you that the only people who will be excited about seeing the Red Skull as a villain in the Captain America movie will be the die-hard comic book fans who grew up with Cap.

Casual fans and movie-goers will want to see something more modern and topical.

grey fox
There is the division.

Some people want Cap to be Anti-bush , helping riots and protest against him and his administration , whereas others want Cap in the middle of Iraq/Afganistan searching for Osama and keeping the peace.

shksprtx
There is the division.

Some people want Cap to be Anti-bush , helping riots and protest against him and his administration , whereas others want Cap in the middle of Iraq/Afganistan searching for Osama and keeping the peace.

confused

Caps Conscience
Red Skull is kind of a dated Character. They would have to get him involved with some kind of NeoNazi groups to get him more current.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.