KMC Team Battle Zone Discussion thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Ok so I was looking through the old team threads and came up with idea(it has already been approved by illadelph, just so no one worries about that). How about we start having matches between members of the teams here on KMC? The matches would be similar to tourney matches, but the participants would be limited to using the character they represent on their team, and the matches would come about by a challenge between members rather than random draw. There would be no post limit, but the matches would only last 24 hours to keep them from being long and drawn out affairs that end up getting boring and they'd be judged by members of unaffiliated teams to keep them fair. It'd just be for fun and ego, but we could keep a detailed win/loss record to promote bragging rights for the participants.

So what I'm looking for is opinions/suggestions to help make this thing fun for everyone.

Rewmac
I'm just too old for this...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Rewmac
I'm just too old for this...
I understand. This is all strictly voluntary, no one HAS to accept a challenge and I plan on making a point of discouraging people from being a pest to those who don't feel like a match.

Faceman
I don't like anyone being challenged, or called out. Change that rule, and Team Authority might enter a few people....

Rewmac
Thought so...It's just there are some kind of battles going on all the time, some kind of tourney...And also it's bit unfair since some of the guys are having LT and The Spectre for their characters...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Faceman
I don't like anyone being challenged, or called out. Change that rule, and Team Authority might enter a few people....
But that kinda HAS to be the system because this isn't a tourney where everyone just signs up and is at a similar level. Some people characters are guys like the Punisher and some guys are the Silver Surfer so it's best if the match ups are handled between the participants. That doesn't mean that people have to be dicks when they're proposing a challenge though, and if anyone starts to get out of line they won't be allowed to participate anymore.

SnazzySmurph
Sounds sweet.

Good timing too, Goob.

llagrok
So it won't be an amalgam? But strictly one character?

darthgoober
Thought so...It's just there are some kind of battles going on all the time, some kind of tourney...And also it's bit unfair since some of the guys are having LT and The Spectre for their characters...
I understand, that's why there's no way this thing is starting before the current tourney is over. People can just have a match whenever they both feel like it and are so inclined.

Also the fist rule in this thing is going to be no BS matches, so if someone wants to have Spectre as their character then they'll just have to wait for a match with someone else who has LT.

darthgoober
Originally posted by llagrok
So it won't be an amalgam? But strictly one character?
That's right, you're restricted to whatever character you represent on your team.

llagrok
Originally posted by darthgoober
That's right, you're restricted to whatever character you represent on your team.

And all tiers?

So it's basically a way of doing the VS argument in a slightly neater and more organized way? Other than the spamming/interrupting in the vs thread?

Broken Darkness
I think this was attempted at one point between Avengers and Syndicate. Needless to say the shit hit the fan.

darthgoober
And all tiers?

So it's basically a way of doing the VS argument in a slightly neater and more organized way? Other than the spamming/interrupting in the vs thread?
Yep all tiers are allowed. But people aren't allowed to have ridiculous match ups like Punisher vs Superman or Batman vs the Silver Surfer, you have to challenge people that are actually on par with your character.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Broken Darkness
I think this was attempted at one point between Avengers and Syndicate. Needless to say the shit hit the fan.
Yeah but this will be different. If anyone steps out of line they won't be allowed to participate, problem solved.

NiņoAraņa
good stuff Goob! this should be interesting. yes

Faceman
ok darthgoober , I'll discuss it with my team, and give you a list of team members that will be interested in this. What I don't want is members that are not in the list being called out, or challenged.

llagrok
Yep all tiers are allowed. But people aren't allowed to have ridiculous match ups like Punisher vs Superman or Batman vs the Silver Surfer, you have to challenge people that are actually on par with your character.

I think this is a freaking great idea.

darthgoober
ok darthgoober , I'll discuss it with my team, and give you a list of team members that will be interested in this. What I don't want is members that are not in the list being called out, or challenged.
Don't worry Face, I already plan on discouraging people from making a pest of themselves to people who don't want to participate.

TricksterPriest
I'm down. big grin Priestocalypse (Trickster Priest/ Apocalypse) has arrived. apocalypse

Faceman
* goes to make a Superman sig * I win....

Faceman
Don't worry Face, I already plan on discouraging people from making a pest of themselves to people who don't want to participate.

Good , cause that could turn into trouble..

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm down. big grin Priestocalypse (Trickster Priest/ Apocalypse) has arrived. apocalypse More like Crapster Priest.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Badabing
More like Crapster Priest.

You're next. evil face Come on, WWH. I'm gonna make you into War again.

darthgoober
Alright so what do you guys have in the way of suggestions? At this point the only rules I have worked out are

1. NO STUPID MATCH UPS(Superman vs Punisher or Surfer vs Batman)
2. No pestering people who don't want to participate.
3. No posting in other peoples matches
4. Each match last exactly 24 hours.
5. There will be three judges, who must come from non affiliated teams and be agreed upon by both participants.

Faceman
That would be a good match .....WWH vs. Apocalypse * runs too the vs. forum *

TricksterPriest
Alright so what do you guys have in the way of suggestions? At this point the only rules I have worked out are

5. There will be three judges, who must come from non affiliated teams and be agreed upon by both participants.

I think we need to clear up prep/no prep fights beforehand. 2nd, can we argue theoretical ideas based on abstractions of what the person's powers should be capable of?

llagrok
That would be a good match .....WWH vs. Apocalypse * runs too the vs. forum *

I made it a couple of days ago.

Click my name and threads made.

Maybe you should be more clear on rule number 2? Like, only 1 challenge per matchup or something?

darthgoober
I think we need to clear up prep/no prep fights beforehand. 2nd, can we argue theoretical ideas based on abstractions of what the person's powers should be capable of?
Cool.

6. No prep unless agreed upon by both participants.

And I'm not sure what that last part meant...

TricksterPriest
nm...... shifty Can we cap the power levels at skyfather? It's kind of rediculous arguing past that.

darthgoober
nm...... shifty Can we cap the power levels at skyfather? It's kind of rediculous arguing past that.
No power cap, but I don't see many people wanting to keep uber powerful characters with Rule 1. in place.

llagrok
Rule 4 presents a slight problem to me, or rather. It requires us to be time-nazis to be exact. I'm 6-9 hours ahead of most people in America. If someone say we started at "tuesday evening" I could lose a lot of posting potential.

So could be more exact than in the amalgam tourney? I see Stacks had some problems with that.

darthgoober
Rule 4 presents a slight problem to me, or rather. It requires us to be time-nazis to be exact. I'm 6-9 hours ahead of most people in America. If someone say we started at "tuesday evening" I could lose a lot of posting potential.
I know that scheduling will be a problem for some, but there's not a lot I can do about it. We don't want the matches to last all that long because interest will wane if people have to wait their turn for to long. If it turns out that there's not a lot of activity with this we can extend the matches a bit, but until the initial rush dies down 24 hours will have to be the limit.

So could be more exact than in the amalgam tourney? I see Stacks had some problems with that.
What?

llagrok
About the time.

Instead of saying it ends "tuesday" you sayd it ends "tuesday 2 pm"

SnazzySmurph
We should set this up at the Arena

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph

Arena? confused

darthgoober
About the time.

Instead of saying it ends "tuesday" you sayd it ends "tuesday 2 pm"
It would just end exactly 24 hours after the first post is made. Here's the way I see it going down....

1. You challenge someone to a match and they accept.
2. You make a thread and the two of you say everything you have to say.
3. 24 hours after the first post is made the match ends and you ask 3 people from other teams to judge who won.
4. After they vote on a winner(with a brief description to explain their vote) you send the details of the match to me or illadelph12 and we'll see that your official win/loss record is altered.

darthgoober
The Arena shut down due to inactivity.

SnazzySmurph
The Arena shut down due to inactivity. schmoll

llagrok
It would just end exactly 24 hours after the first post is made. Here's the way I see it going down....

1. You challenge someone to a match and they accept.
2. You make a thread and the two of you say everything you have to say.
3. 24 hours after the first post is made the match ends and you ask 3 people from other teams to judge who won.
4. After they vote on a winner(with a brief description to explain their vote) you send the details of the match to me or illadelph12 and we'll see that your official win/loss record is altered.

Sounds good.

Rewmac
If we can't take on anybody then how do we decide who wins? Coz my Hal Jordan is willing to kick some ass some day...

llagrok
If we can't take on anybody then how do we decide who wins? Coz my Hal Jordan is willing to kick some ass some day...

He'll face my Thor soon enough smile

darthgoober
Why wouldn't you be able to take anybody on? I don't see a problem with Hal....or is your character Parallax? If so there's not a lot I can really do, if some dummy that Reps Superman or Quasar wants to try to take you down that's one thing(and I'd probably still veto the match), but you can't go challenging people who are effectively insignificant to your character.

TricksterPriest
I'm challenging Badabing's WWH with my Apoc.

darthgoober
Well you'll have to be patient because none of this is starting until after the tourney is over.

Rewmac
He'll face my Thor soon enough smile Who Parallax???

Rewmac
Why wouldn't you be able to take anybody on? I don't see a problem with Hal....or is your character Parallax? If so there's not a lot I can really do, if some dummy that Reps Superman or Quasar wants to try to take you down that's one thing(and I'd probably still veto the match), but you can't go challenging people who are effectively insignificant to your character. Thought so...So no Living Tribunal then big grin

darthgoober
Thought so...So no Living Tribunal then big grin
Not unless LT's rep wants to wait around for a match with the Spectre.

Creshosk
I'm going to have to wait and see more of what I can do... Looks like I might be a conglomeration of a bunch of tech gadgets, including using pym particles offensively and possibly spiderman's webbing. ermm

grey fox

Slight problem, Team Antimatter are all gloriously overpowered and I'm the frikken Spectre !

Roldz
He'll face my Thor soon enough smile

Surfer will take both of u on.. eek!

Like this idea..

Rewmac
Originally posted by Roldz
Surfer will take both of u on.. eek!

Like this idea.. Surfer taking Parallax? Surfer is Herald level along with Hal Jordan...Originally posted by grey fox
Slight problem, Team Antimatter are all gloriously overpowered and I'm the frikken Spectre ! Guy22 is the Living Tribunal...

Passione

bada isnt wwh, In Team Authority his charcater is capt Marvel.

llagrok
Rewmac, I was thinking of Thor vs Hal smile

But like Goober said, it'll be a while. Blair needs to kick everybody's ass first.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by grey fox
Slight problem, Team Antimatter are all gloriously overpowered and I'm the frikken Spectre ! i don't think it's our characters with the rrings yes

invisiblewoman

Roldz
Surfer taking Parallax? Surfer is Herald level along with Hal Jordan... Guy22 is the Living Tribunal...
I meant Hal Jordan and Thor.. JK

So for us Antimatter we get the ring too.. Thats just UBER, not as uber as Spectre or LT or Parrallax or Ion or Lucifer of course but the prep we could do w/ it.. big grin

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Passione
bada isnt wwh, In Team Authority his charcater is capt Marvel.

Thanks marea. In that case, I upgrade to The Eradicator (Kem-El) and re-issue the challenge.

llagrok
Thanks marea. In that case, I upgrade to The Eradicator (Kem-El) and re-issue the challenge.

Chicken big grin

Rewmac
Which side should I take...Answer the call of the GLC and fight as a Lantern...Or fight as The Ion...

darthgoober

llagrok
That's basically allowing custom made characters.

I have a bunch if we're allowing those :/

darthgoober
That's basically allowing custom made characters.

I have a bunch if we're allowing those :/
Hey I already asked them not to use their rings unless it's ok with their opponent, and I'm sure they'll go along with that request so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

SnazzySmurph
On that note, Illuminati members have AM Rings too... we obviously won't use them though.

llagrok
Hey I already asked them not to use their rings unless it's ok with their opponent, and I'm sure they'll go along with that request so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Yeah, that should be fair.

darthgoober
On that note, Illuminati members have AM Rings too... we obviously won't use them though.
Oh yeah I forgot about that....that actually means that I have TWO AM rings now that I think about it. But I'll of course be setting them aside come match time.

darthgoober
Yeah, that should be fair.
Also, you have to remember that pretty much no characters in the AMC's or Illuminate's roster actually have any experience with an AM ring. That means that even if they used them they'd have ZERO on panel feats to their character's credit.

llagrok
Also, you have to remember that pretty much no characters in the AMC's or Illuminate's roster actually have any experience with an AM ring. That means that even if they used them they'd have ZERO on panel feats to their character's credit.

Yeah.

I'm wondering one more thing, about Thor. He's changed a lot over the years and I'm not sure which one I should use. Basic Thor or Thor with the odinforce.

darthgoober
Yeah.

I'm wondering one more thing, about Thor. He's changed a lot over the years and I'm not sure which one I should use. Basic Thor or Thor with the odinforce.
Well you can use whichever you rep, so that's between you and your team. But as far as MY opinion goes, I'd stick with classic Thor that way you'll be able to match up with herald level characters rather than have to wait for some skyfather level member to have a match against.

llagrok
Well you can use whichever you rep, so that's between you and your team. But as far as MY opinion goes, I'd stick with classic Thor that way you'll be able to match up with herald level characters rather than have to wait for some skyfather level member to have a match against.

Yeah.

Popular skyfathers are few and far in between.

TricksterPriest
Yeah.

Popular skyfathers are few and far in between.

there's what, maybe 5 or 6 that have a large feat list? Darkseid, Highfather, Odin, Zeus, Rune King Thor, the guardians and I think that's it.

darthgoober
there's what, maybe 5 or 6 that have a large feat list? Darkseid, Highfather, Odin, Zeus, Rune King Thor, the guardians and I think that's it.
You forgot Mephisto, Hela, Desek, and Ego.

Rewmac
You forgot Mephisto, Hela, Desek, and Ego. Mephisto and the others you mentioned have a couple big feats...But those are actual feat not one-comic feats like sometimes we saw with Odin.

darthgoober
Mephisto and the others you mentioned have a couple big feats...But those are actual feat not one-comic feats like sometimes we saw with Odin.
Well Mephisto actually has a decent number of feats if you know where to look and he's actually supposed to be the equal of Odin inside of Hades. And I put Hela on the list because she's portrayed as being on par with Mephisto, and has at least SOME feats to back that up. Desek doesn't have a truckload of high end feats, but since he's also got a limited number of appearances it means his average is higher than the number would indicate. Mostly though I just listed people who are commonly regarded as Skyfather(as indicated by their absence on the Tier List) so I see your point since Trick was talking about guys WITH a lot of feats to their credit(which I somehow missed the first time I read it).

TricksterPriest
Umm Goober? Mephisto is the only guy on that list who's a legitimate skyfather. whistle Desak is a maybe. The others aren't skyfather level.

darthgoober
Umm Goober? Mephisto is the only guy on that list who's a legitimate skyfather. whistle Desak is a maybe. The others aren't skyfather level.
Hela is acknowledged as Mephisto's equal, and has at least a couple of feats that put her at his level, and Ego is most definately Skyfather level when you take out the BS showings(that's why on the tier thread for Transcendent it says "Elders of the Universe (minus Ego)".

Rewmac
Hela is acknowledged as Mephisto's equal, and has at least a couple of feats that put her at his level, and Ego is most definately Skyfather level when you take out the BS showings(that's why on the tier thread for Transcendent it says "Elders of the Universe (minus Ego)". Power isn't everything...And Hela wasn't exactly his equal...

llagrok
Desak started out much weaker than when he faced Thor. Seeing as he can "steal" god powers and had fought quite a lot of gods before he faced Thor.

darthgoober
Power isn't everything...And Hela wasn't exactly his equal...
Power pretty much IS everything when you're trying to decide whether or not they're skyfather level(not an actual skyfather which requires a pantheon, just at skyfather level). And I think they're normally portrayed as being equal, but I guess I could be wrong about that since I've only seen them interact once or twice.

Rewmac
Power pretty much IS everything when you're trying to decide whether or not they're skyfather level(not an actual skyfather which requires a pantheon, just at skyfather level). And I think they're normally portrayed as being equal, but I guess I could be wrong about that since I've only seen them interact once or twice. I don't think so...If so King Thor would be Skyfather level. Yet he didn't seemed skyfather he wasn't as powerful as Odin.

llagrok
I don't think so...If so King Thor would be Skyfather level. Yet he didn't seemed skyfather he wasn't as powerful as Odin.

He decapitated the destroyer with Desak in it, humiliated an amped perrikus, killed Desak and so on. I think he's worthy of a skyfather spot.

darthgoober
I don't think so...If so King Thor would be Skyfather level. Yet he didn't seemed skyfather he wasn't as powerful as Odin.
King Thor WAS skyfather level, in fact he's the skyfather we were originally discussing. Now did King Thor seem as powerful as Odin....no. But just because he wasn't as powerful as the MOST powerful Skyfather in Marvel, that doesn't mean that he's not Skyfather level himself. Think about it, Nova(Frankie) is a herald level character, but that doesn't mean that she's as powerful as Silver Surfer.

llagrok
King Thor WAS skyfather level, in fact he's the skyfather we were originally discussing. Now did King Thor seem as powerful as Odin....no. But just because he wasn't as powerful as the MOST powerful Skyfather in Marvel, that doesn't mean that he's not Skyfather level himself. Think about it, Nova(Frankie) is a herald level character, but that doesn't mean that she's as powerful as Silver Surfer.

My sentiments exactly.

darthgoober
What(if any) restrictions should be in place to minimize "cheap" tactics for Battle Zone fights? I'm talking about things like offensive transmutation, time manipulation, and summoning an entire army of constructs. Should we allow those things since they're part of our characters, or bar them the way we do in actual tourneys? I'm more inclined to allow them than bar them because the way I see it if your going to issue/accept a challenge you should be aware of your opponents abilities before hand so you should know whether or not you have a legitimate shot at winning WITH those tactics in play. So what do you guys think?

TricksterPriest
What(if any) restrictions should be in place to minimize "cheap" tactics for Battle Zone fights? I'm talking about things like offensive transmutation, time manipulation, and summoning an entire army of constructs. Should we allow those things since they're part of our characters, or bar them the way we do in actual tourneys? I'm more inclined to allow them than bar them because the way I see it if your going to issue/accept a challenge you should be aware of your opponents abilities before hand so you should know whether or not you have a legitimate shot at winning WITH those tactics in play. So what do you guys think?

I say let them in. It's high time we tried fighting with these guys with no handicaps.

Besides, we are trying to debate them at their best, so we should be able to make use of all their abilities.

Creshosk
Is there going to be some sort of combat system established to avoid devolving into debates about every single little action, like parry/dodge vs attack or something?

llagrok

In think we should allow them.

It's basically like giving certain characters a handicap. It wouldn't work because then you would deny a character access to a vital power. Certain characters wouldn't have earned their rank at the tier list without those powers, which means that the matchups would be wrong.

darthgoober
I say let them in. It's high time we tried fighting with these guys with no handicaps.

Besides, we are trying to debate them at their best, so we should be able to make use of all their abilities.
In think we should allow them.

It's basically like giving certain characters a handicap. It wouldn't work because then you would deny a character access to a vital power. Certain characters wouldn't have earned their rank at the tier list without those powers, which means that the matchups would be wrong.
Sounds about right to me. I'm still open to reasons against allowing them, but as things stand the matches will be pretty much no holds barred.

Originally posted by Creshosk
Is there going to be some sort of combat system established to avoid devolving into debates about every single little action, like parry/dodge vs attack or something?
Tourney debates aren't typically that detailed, so I don't see it being much of a problem. That kind of thing is normally just handled by showing evidence that you'll be able to avoid the attacks in question and then letting the judges decide who had the right of it. Specific actions aren't normally much of a concern(THOSE kinds of debates would take forever).

Nike
Sign me up

darthgoober
Originally posted by Nike
Sign me up
You'll have to wait until it's up and running, and you'll have to join a team.

TricksterPriest
Just out of curiosity, those of us on multiple teams have to declare for one during this tournament? Or can we enter on behalf of more than 1 team?

darthgoober
Just out of curiosity, those of us on multiple teams have to declare for one during this tournament? Or can we enter on behalf of more than 1 team?
For the most part, you'll only be allowed to rep one team. The only exception will be something like the AMC/Illuminate alliance(which will be listed as a single team on the roster) due to their close ties and public alliance. But even members of both of those teams will be confined to each member using only ONE of their rep characters, they won't be allowed to flip flop back and forth to pick the character that's best for the occasion.

Blair Wind
Thats what I wanted to touch on. Like my team we just all represent "ourselves" for lack of a better word.

After a while anyways, those who represent only one person and can only do battle with one person will grow bored. Why not have them be able to switch characters based on the challengers and powerlevels? That way you can always know you will have people you can challenge and be able to agree using different characters so it is not always the same characters doing battle.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thats what I wanted to touch on. Like my team we just all represent "ourselves" for lack of a better word.

After a while anyways, those who represent only one person and can only do battle with one person will grow bored. Why not have them be able to switch characters based on the challengers and powerlevels? That way you can always know you will have people you can challenge and be able to agree using different characters so it is not always the same characters doing battle. Should we write up the characters for the Royals? Or is that something you're waiting to do until after the tourny you were talking about back in the home thread?

Blair Wind
Its one of the things I was thinking of doing....but really having an "open bar" system I think would work better here. I mean after a while we will all know who has herald level characters, who has Ironman level characters, ect and who we can and cannot challenge because of it. If you let the two challengers decide what tier they want then pick characters from there, you can create more battles, and a less stale atmostphere.

darthgoober
The thing is, people could actually do all that stuff right now. Digi said before(and I doubt that pr or Ill have a problem with it now) that he didn't mind people creating threads for solo debates. I don't MIND if people have those types of matches(and I might even be willing to keep track of the win/loss record for everyone in that situation), it's just the only the "official" matches between people using their rep characters will count toward the team standings and rankings.

Priest
I like the idea.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Priest
I like the idea.
You mean the idea for the "Battle Zone" in general, or Blair's idea about being able to switch people out?

Priest
You mean the idea for the "Battle Zone" in general, or Blair's idea about being able to switch people out?
the idea in general is good...
is would spice up the vs forum more since its been kinda lacking as of late erm

SnazzySmurph
All right, I gots a question.

If I were to say to my team that the current characters that they have must be their main characters, but, for the possible option of Battle Zone, they're allowed to pick, say, two or three additional characters as a "roster" of sorts, is that legal?

darthgoober
All right, I gots a question.

If I were to say to my team that the current characters that they have must be their main characters, but, for the possible option of Battle Zone, they're allowed to pick, say, two or three additional characters as a "roster" of sorts, is that legal?
I'll probably allow that kind of thing later on if it becomes necessary, but in the beginning everyone will be restricted to using the characters they represent on their team.

darthgoober
the idea in general is good...
is would spice up the vs forum more since its been kinda lacking as of late erm
Oh ok, in that case thanks smile .

pr1983
is it strictly one on one or can there be teams?

darthgoober
Originally posted by pr1983
I'm thinking that it'll be MOSTLY one on one, but I can see plenty of things like tag team(with 4 guys from 2 teams) and handicap matches(Spiderman and Wolverine vs Hulk) happening too.

Priest
why limit it?
i like both ideas, one on one would solve alot of personal issues between debtors.

teams would be cool too, brainstorming ftw.
edit: never mind, i thought pr ment one on one with the debaors embarrasment

pr1983
I'm thinking that it'll be MOSTLY one on one, but I can see plenty of things like tag team(with 4 guys from 2 teams) and handicap matches(Spiderman and Wolverine vs Hulk) happening too.

ah, cool... so it is allowed then?

darthgoober
ah, cool... so it is allowed then?
Sure.

pr1983
why limit it?
i like both ideas, one on one would solve alot of personal issues between debtors.

teams would be cool too, brainstorming ftw.

lol, i'd prefer to not limit it... stick out tongue

Nike
You'll have to wait until it's up and running, and you'll have to join a team.

Goober I do have a team. KMC Magik, Thor.

Soujaboy, His Airness, The Problem......

darthgoober
Goober I do have a team. KMC Magik, Thor.

Soujaboy, His Airness, The Problem......
Oh ok. I just didn't realize that you were on a team, if you're on the Magiks that'll be fine smile .

Blight
Um.... No one will want to challenge us. We have Mxyzptlk on our team... as well as impossible man and slapstick big grin

darthgoober
Just to clarify, the Battle Zone is NOT active yet and I won't actually set it up until after the current tourney is over. Just thought I'd let everyone know because I've been receiving PM's requesting matches.

Blair Wind
When is your "preview" match with Trick?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Blair Wind
When is your "preview" match with Trick?
We've decided to postpone it. Mostly because word of it leaked out and my PM box blew up with match request and I can't deal with all of them, run the tourney(I'm back in charge again), AND have a match with Trick. It's still going to happen, but we've decided to wait until I get things up and running for everyone that way there won't be as much emphasis put on my being involved with the matches. Right now I think people are under the impression that I'll be personally overseeing most of it the way a tourney host would, but in actuality the matches will be much more autonomous than that.

illadelph12
Let me know if you need my help with the administrative duties Goob.

darthgoober

Solar
Originally posted by illadelph12
Let me know if you need my help with the administrative duties Goob. The thing is I looked at when you were in charge to see what the fuss was and you being in charge seems like a bad idea. laughing out loud

Not to be mean but is it really a good idea?

Nike
Man, when does this thing start?

darthgoober
Man, when does this thing start?
It'll start not long after the tourney ends...

TricksterPriest
JLKMC is here to register our team. We're still getting our team organized, but we wanted to be the first to register what we have.

TricksterPriest= Non-jobbing Apocalypse
Rufus T. Firefly= Pre-monarch Captain Atom
Jasonk4= Wolverine

I'll register the rest when they confirm.

Solar
That's the only team I haven't posted in. laughing out loud

darthgoober
Originally posted by Solar
That's the only team I haven't posted in. laughing out loud
laughing Bet I can guess why...

Solar
Give me the reason.

shifty

darthgoober
Give me the reason.

shifty
I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with the team founder...

Nike
JLKMC is here to register our team. We're still getting our team organized, but we wanted to be the first to register what we have.

TricksterPriest= Non-jobbing Apocalypse
Rufus T. Firefly= Pre-monarch Captain Atom
Jasonk4= Wolverine

I'll register the rest when they confirm.

What exactly is a non jobbing Apocalypse?

Solar
What exactly is a non jobbing Apocalypse? Nightwing.

That comment alone know calls out fanboy. sad

Who's the founder? never looked.

*Checks*

Nope don't understand.

darthgoober
Who's the founder? never looked.

*Checks*

Nope don't understand.
Sure... wink

Nike
I need a sig. sad

Battlehammer
Ok so I was looking through the old team threads and came up with idea(it has already been approved by illadelph, just so no one worries about that). How about we start having matches between members of the teams here on KMC? The matches would be similar to tourney matches, but the participants would be limited to using the character they represent on their team, and the matches would come about by a challenge between members rather than random draw. There would be no post limit, but the matches would only last 24 hours to keep them from being long and drawn out affairs that end up getting boring and they'd be judged by members of unaffiliated teams to keep them fair. It'd just be for fun and ego, but we could keep a detailed win/loss record to promote bragging rights for the participants.

So what I'm looking for is opinions/suggestions to help make this thing fun for everyone.
need to go by tiers. WE can't have people who have character on thanos level challanging street levelers.

SnazzySmurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
need to go by tiers. WE can't have people who have character on thanos level challanging street levelers. If a match is spite-worthy, Goober vetoes it.

Akuki
If a match is spite-worthy, Goober vetoes it.
Plus there's the simple fact that hardly anyone will agree to a fight where they will be curbstomped.

darthgoober

grey fox
Ahhh now I see.....

However I can't fight guy22, it's like kicking a small puppy, thus as administrative member of Team Magik (Sorta) I can legally (and temporarily) change my character (Just for these purposes and only once because really Spectres good for the 'nya nya nya nya nya look at us we have gods wrath on our team ,but serious debates need a weaker character).

So consider me a......

TRANSFORMER !

*Hums theme song , before puling out Air-guatar and does '84 Movie Theme*

Battlehammer
Don't worry I covered that here...
I see and also am I aloud to vs people with the same character?

grey fox
Anyone have a problem that my character is Hellsings Alucard ?

Yes I know he is a manga character but to save my case I'll tell ye this.

A. Hellsing is the ONLY Manga digi has allowed to have a respect forum (I just dont get round to updating it often sad )

B. The series is very very consistent , no dbz esq 'omg he just broke teh rules and is the powerfullest' . Alucards character is Street/Mid tier. High-tier when his powers are fully unleashed.

darthgoober
I see and also am I aloud to vs people with the same character?
I don't really know what the point of that match would be, but sure why not?

A. Hellsing is the ONLY Manga digi has allowed to have a respect forum (I just dont get round to updating it often sad )

B. The series is very very consistent , no dbz esq 'omg he just broke teh rules and is the powerfullest' . Alucards character is Street/Mid tier. High-tier when his powers are fully unleashed.
It's fine with me, but you may have to do some convincing before others will have a match with you.

SnazzySmurph
I see and also am I aloud to vs people with the same character? It would automatically be a stalemate...

But, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Goob, are characters' powers hindered by Tournament Rules?

llagrok

You seriously think that Alucard is street/mid?

pr1983

and so it begins...

Akuki
Hell no, he's above that, although to be honest what tier we rank him in doesn't really matter so long as he challenges an opponent who thinks they have a chance. personally I can think of two forms of Cable that could probably take him out.

darthgoober
It would automatically be a stalemate...

But, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Goob, are characters' powers hindered by Tournament Rules?
No there's not going to be any rules governing what is or isn't allowed unless the fighters stipulate and agree on them. I see most Battle Zone battles will be more of an evolved for of regular debate than a tourney style debate anyway(but that too will be up to the participants to decide).

Akuki
No there's not going to be any rules governing what is or isn't allowed unless the fighters stipulate and agree on them. I see most Battle Zone battles will be more of an evolved for of regular debate than a tourney style debate anyway(but that too will be up to the participants to decide).

So how will that effect the rules on telepaths? Will there still be the same restrictions as tournaments or no?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Akuki
So how will that effect the rules on telepaths? Will there still be the same restrictions as tournaments or no?
Nope no restrictions(unless the participants want it that way I mean). But given the nature of telepaths powers, you're probably going to want to round up scans to demonstrate things like willpower for both parties since it's such a big influence on the effects of telepathy.

Airwalker
I'm ready

Battlehammer
what if u have no team?

darthgoober
what if u have no team?
You have to be on a team to participate to make manageable record keeping possible.

TheSentry
Hammer want's to debate me.

I don't really want to join a team. So sorry Hammer. I would have liked to.

darthgoober
Originally posted by TheSentry
Hammer want's to debate me.

I don't really want to join a team. So sorry Hammer. I would have liked to.
You still can, it's just that there'll be no record kept of it.

TheSentry
So what? huh

darthgoober
Originally posted by TheSentry
So what? huh
What don't you get? You can still have a Battle Zone style match, it just won't go towards any team standings/rankings. There's actually nothing stopping you from having a solo debate with him now, which is basically what a Battle Zone match is.

TheSentry
My point was we aren't on a certain team so why would we be bothered or effected.

You made it sound like we can't take part.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>