Rush Hour 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yoshiaki
Why do many trilogies end with a movie that doesn't really live up to its name (Excluding Ultimatum and Oceans)? Rush Hour 3 is a so-so movie, but compared to the first 2... I don't know, I enjoyed all the references to the first two, and the bloopers, but some of it felt like they were trying too hard.

I didn't fully understand why Jackie Chan's brother was Japanese. Also why they couldn't just take a picture of the list of the 13 triad heads, or why each side never brought that up.. oh and the ending... parachuting off of the Eiffel Tower with an oversize French Flag? It upsets me..

I kinda want a rush hour 4, but if they just make it worse don't bother.

InnerRise
The Rush Hour Movies are not a Trilogy.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I will be seeing this later tonight. I wanna see the fight scenes between Chan and Henry Sanada.

Faith27
I've seen the trailer of Rush Hour 3, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan have a great tandem on this movie...

InnerRise
They're my favorite On Screen/Movie Couple.

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
I will be seeing this later tonight. I wanna see the fight scenes between Chan and Henry Sanada.

i'm looking forward seeing this one too but i'd rather see a good fight sequence with Tae-Kwon Do and Hapkido master Simon Rhee...they could've choreographed a murderous fight sequence together, but that's not gonna happen in an american movie and so Rhee was given a mere henchmen role...just another guy who can throw a kick - what a waste!
If i was Chan i would've only agreed on a 3rd part if i was to choreograph all of the action sets HK style!
Also i can't wait to see master filmmaker Roman Polanski in his first role in years...

ragesRemorse
The comedy was recycled from the previous two, and wasnt as funny. I had to keep finding reasons to stay in the theater, because the movie certainly wasnt giving me any

Aizen
I liked it!

It wasn't that excellent , I enjoyed every minute! I mean Jackie is getting older, we will not have the luck to see more from him in near future!

InnerRise
Originally posted by Aizen
Jackie is getting older, we will not have the luck to see more from him in near future! Harsh. erm

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Aizen
It wasn't that excellent

big trouble in little china

InnerRise
I enjoyed this movie. I just wish it was a little longer.

It didn't completely give me the same feel as Rush Hour 2, which is what I was hoping for, which is why Rush Hour 2 is still my favorite Rush Hour Movie.

But Rush Hour 3 is still a good movie and I'll be buying the DVD.

Dusty
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
big trouble in little china

Oh yeah.

SelinaAndBruce
I loved it. It was something different and the same at the same time. Enjoyed it much!

Fallen
it was a decent movie, worthy enough to see in a theater, but nothing special. it had its comedic moments.

H. S. 6
This movie was garbage.

And yet I loved it. laughing out loud

=Tired Hiker=
I don't recall liking the first Rush Hour movie, so I never saw the second. I saw Chris Tucker promoting the new one and I found him annoying. I couldn't help but notice that he is looking a lot older, yet still tries to act like the same idiot.

InnerRise
Doesn't look older to me. He just gained a little weight but he lost a lot of it.

And are you saying he acts like an idiot or the character Carter he portrays?

juliustheimpale
i don't know about y'all but for me, honestly, i enjoy almost every jackie chan movie. sure, he may never get an oscar for acting but still, his movies are enjoyable. outtakes is one of his signatures... i remember seeing a channel in youtube once where it all contained outtakes from jackie movies... pretty cool actually ^_^

whitewolfgurl
I liked his movie Shanghai Noon (did I spell it right?) Personally out of the Rush Hour movies #2 was my fav.

DarthLazious
I plan on seeing this movie sometime either next or this weekend but I liked the previous Rush Hour movies alot since its a great movie with both Comedy and Martial Arts which are my two favorite genre's in movies.

WinonaForever
i cant wait to watch this movie it looks great

Wolfie
It was alright.

I noticed a number of old jokes in it. Not necessary Rush Hour jokes, but just jokes that have been done to death (i.e. Asians named Yu and Mi as to confuse other characters about who is being addressed).

I laughed. I enjoyed it. I'd be up for a Rush Hour 4.

Dusty
Saw it last week. Fairly enjoyable. I like the cab driver.

Discos
Originally posted by Yoshiaki
I didn't fully understand why Jackie Chan's brother was Japanese. Also why they couldn't just take a picture of the list of the 13 triad heads,

answer to the first question, they were both at an orthanage, my friend went to an adoption centre with an Italian guy.
The tattoo thing....ancient tradition, who is gonna argue with the founding fathers of the Triads??

yeah not s good as #2 but still very entertaining. I enjoyed it.

The Rush Hours have set a good tone for the 2 characters, Carter a slacker cop who think he can super-seed any authority and being loud and comedic, whils Lee being the sort of Tourist character who doesn't undertsand bending the rules a little bit to get ahead.

Tucker is funny as usual and delivers it well, a little bit too loud. My opinion of him has went downhill rapidly though after extorting the Director out of $20million to get him back for Rushour 2 after the success of the first instalment...shameful.

Jackie Chan still can't speak English, haha, thats what makes it geniuse.

From what I remember, they were making Rush Hour 3 along with 4 afterwards...so expect it soon. Infact I'm gonna check Wiki just now to make sure.

Discos - watch out for Jackie Chan singing on a ropeswing, haha pure class!

Captain REX
Eh, it had some good moments, but I generally didn't find Rush Hour 3 all that amusing.

DarkC
I can watch it from my profile, go me...

I plan to buy the DVD though anyways so I can own all three.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by DarkC
I can watch it from my profile, go me...

I plan to buy the DVD though anyways so I can own all three.

www.movieforumz.com FTW

DarthLazious
So do you guys think they should make another Rush Hour movie or end it with this one?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by DarthLazious
So do you guys think they should make another Rush Hour movie or end it with this one?

This one is doing fairly well at the box office. I liked it a lot. HoweverRH3 should be the last one.

Discos
^^ I thought they scheduled to make 3 and 4 round about the same time.

I always assumed there would be a 4th, but I can't find anything on it just now.

Definatly should be a 4th, always stupid villians thinking they out-do the Tuckman and the chanman.

DarthLazious
So where will the 4th flim take place?

Maybe Japan?

JacopeX
Rush hour 3 made no sense in the end. Lee's brother died and 5 minutes later, he is dancing in joy.

WTF?

Overall, I give the movie a 5.5

Discos
^^ good point my man,

erm, I noticed it is still in my City's cinema, think its just got the two showings a day, so its still doing alright.

No idea about the 4th as of yet, think I'll do some browsing

ragesRemorse
the old jokes have been dates, the new jokes were not the least bit funny. I felt like i was watching people get paid while watching this movie, i didnt get anything out of it

vrempire
Well I love Rush Hour 3 among all the Rush Hours series.
I hope that they will not make the fourth one because I'm afraid it will ruin the whole Rush Hour branding.
usually, fourth series of any movie is the starting point of the destruction of the series (such as Jaws).

Discos
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the old jokes have been dates, the new jokes were not the least bit funny. I felt like i was watching people get paid while watching this movie, i didnt get anything out of it

not a bad point dude, Its all about the money nowadays with sequels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.