Who's Life is My Life?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

svetlu
Who's Life is My Life?

Do you think your life belong to you or...?
Who's life is my life?
To understand this apparent paradox we need a broader perspective. The fact of the matter is that today, as the seven-continent wide Show Live Earth so beautifully demonstrated, we are all interdependent. To save our own lives, and the lives our children we need to co-operate. However, we will not want to co-operate unless we know what for. We need to understand the reason we exist, the meaning of our lives, and from that derive motivation for positive global action.

Agree, disagree?

Thanks.

Shakyamunison
There is not meaning to life, and you do not own anything even yourself. When you die, they will do what they want with your body and things.

debbiejo
Originally posted by svetlu
Who's Life is My Life?

It only belongs to you, and no one else. People must learn to be true to themselves at the most highest degree of good. Call it selfishness, it's not a terrible word. We all are anyway, and to be otherwise would make us someone else's slave.

Who's life is it? Yours, and do the best with it you can with what time you have here. It will slip away quickly before you know it.

inimalist
co-operation helps a selfish individual

the idea that being a selfish independent person puts you at immediate odds with anyone is ridiculous

leonheartmm
Who's Life is My Life?

Who's life is my life?
To understand this apparent paradox we need a broader perspective. The fact of the matter is that today, as the seven-continent wide Show Live Earth so beautifully demonstrated, we are all interdependent. To save our own lives, and the lives our children we need to co-operate. However, we will not want to co-operate unless we know what for. We need to understand the reason we exist, the meaning of our lives, and from that derive motivation for positive global action.

Agree, disagree?

Thanks.

no 1. it belongs to you. unless you truly love sum1 else. in which case, it belongs to the one you love.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by leonheartmm
no 1. it belongs to you. unless you truly love sum1 else. in which case, it belongs to the one you love.

Bardock42
Who's Life is My Life?

Who's life is my life?

Agree, disagree?

Thanks.

You mean "whose".

Also, it's yours (imo/leaving out more philosophical concepts and approaches). Your life is factually yours to do with. To quote Doug Stanhope "You are born absolutely free except for laws of nature".

How you want to use it and for what reasons you can figure out yourself.

chithappens
Shouldn't this be merged?

svetlu
Let me give you just example: All people are like all cells in our body interdependent. Every cell needs to do her special job to keep whole body alive and healthy. If something wrong happened even with one cell (for example coming cancer's cell) whole body going to die.
(Cancer cell is egoistical cell - wants to get only for itself).

Goddess Kali
Your life is your own. You are the only one experiencing your experiences. No one has the right to control, torment, or destroy it.

However, likewise, another's life is not yours to control. It is not yours to torment, or destroy.

The Black Ghost
"Its my life!"...etc..etc...

Alfheim
Originally posted by inimalist
co-operation helps a selfish individual

the idea that being a selfish independent person puts you at immediate odds with anyone is ridiculous

Youi have a different definition of selfish, that sounds like pragmatic to me.

The Black Ghost
Who's Life is My Life?

Who's life is my life?

Agree, disagree?

Thanks.

Agree. Its entirely possible, but hightly inprobable. That doesnt mean it couldnt happen though. Finding the "reason we exist" is not the question, it is instead, finding the "reason to value our existance".

Speech is a powerful tool, but there isnt very much of it today in Western culture to keep us together. What you hear from political candidates does not address the people directly, it usually only addressed the person themselves and what they beleive.

In the Iraq conflict, I would think that some nation-wide, motivating speeches directed at the enemy themselves, why they are wrong, would work as well as ten thousand soldiers. We all think the same, fundamentally, at some level. If we could work to understand we are all the same as human beings, with equal value, we could solve so much.

Tangible God
Who's Life is My Life?

Who's life is my life?

Agree, disagree?

Thanks. Agree, we need to start cooperating, unless we do, this planet's life is going to go Holocaust, and we'll be foremost into the camps.

Disagree, we WON"T start cooperating, because it must be a global cooperation. As long as soft-minded Western powers continue to cave to the likes of expanding and environmentally-unfriendly China and India etc., and fail to fix their own problems at the least, we as humans will continue our floundering descent towards destruction.

----Preached the dustspeck.

chithappens
Merge

svetlu

debbiejo
And it's being mindful of balancing every aspect of the Tree of Life, which is your spiritual Life, which we are..ie spirit in a physical body. If one becomes out of balance in an area it becomes evident in how you react or over react to your Life. Everything on that tree has Polarity. If one is over dominate in a masculine energy form then the effects could come out as close minded, rigid, and structured, always doing but not necessarily achieving their desires and goals, and not having much fun in the process. On the other hand if ones feminine aspect is over dominate it could come out as gathering lots of information, very emotional, so expansive that they're not grounded and not able to create to bring it int form, more and more chaos and lack of manifestation occurs. The idea behind this teaching is becoming more aware of each part of the Kabbalahic Tree of Life and keeping it in balance or harmony. It is becoming more powerful to yourself which makes you healthy and your outlook healthy, then you can effect changes around you for the better.

svetlu
I like your reaction, Debbiejo! Thank you very much! smile

debbiejo
Thankies. I do believe there is a Kabbalah thread in the RF somewhere.

svetlu
I'm sorry, but Kabbalah is not religion. confused

FistOfThe North
My belief is that your life's 50% yours and 50% your parent/s until you're 18 years of age.

debbiejo
But not your thoughts. Those are totally yours.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by debbiejo
But not your thoughts. Those are totally yours.

No, not that but what good are those thoughts if you can't fully and freely excersise them with 50% of life control. Unless your plan on limited results.

SpearofDestiny
Your own Life Experience is your own and no one else's. Your mind is your own, and so are your emotions.

You may share your experiences with others, but one experience is never the same for two people.

Your reality is your own, and your experience is also your own.

However, that does not mean you exist separately from everything else.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Your own Life Experience is your own and no one else's. Your mind is your own, and so are your emotions.

You may share your experiences with others, but one experience is never the same for two people.

Your reality is your own, and your experience is also your own.

However, that does not mean you exist separately from everything else.

You're experiences, thoughts and emotions may be yours but, as a young kid, they're all clearly influenced by our parent/s. So although they may be ours they're not entirely of our doing, when we're young that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.