FFVII vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
Fight on an unpopulated Gaia, starting 5 km apart.

10 minutes prep.

All limit breaks.
All materia. Unlimited MP, assume summons and statuses are sustained unless broken.

FFVII Party
Aerith Gainsborough
Barret Wallace
Cait Sith
Cloud Strife
Cid Highwind
Red XIII
Tifa Lockhart
Vincent Valentine
Yuffie Kisaragi

vs

Avengers
Ant-Man
Captain America
Hercules
Iron-Man
Ms Marvel
Quicksilver (Classic)
Scarlet Witch (Classic)
She-Hulk
Wasp
Wonder-Man

Round 2
Depending on who you think wins, add to the other team:

FFVII
Kadaj
Loz
Reno
Rude
Sephiroth
Yazoo
Zack Fair

Avengers
Black Panther
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Thor
Vision

batdude123
The Avengers in both scenarios, simply because I don't play FF. HA!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by batdude123
The Avengers in both scenarios, simply because I don't play FF. HA! Never? Bah! I'll just have to wait for Soljer or Devil Lance... sad

pr1983
all limit breaks and all materia? fight one, avengers go down unless scarlet witch can pull something out...

or they all realise that someone like hercules has high enough durability to withstand their attacks...

fight 2, i dunno... thor is a massive asset, as is vision... hawkeye can wipe a few out, unless they have protect... little shits...

Validus
FFVII sucks ass, friend.

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
FFVII sucks ass, friend.

it's still far better than any of its successors...

wait, is advent children included in this?

AcousticDoc
Scarlet Witch goes "No more Materia"

Validus
8,9,10 and 12 are all better 7.

xmarksthespot
Visually better... I didn't like 8 and only played some of 9. Edit: Except must note Edea was scary-hot.

Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus/Last Order included.
Originally posted by pr1983
little shits... Mean pr. sly

I'd assume Hercules could be frozen solid by Shiva and then tossed into space by Typhon... shifty

pr1983
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Visually better... I didn't like 8 and only played some of 9.

Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus/Last Order included.
Mean pr. sly

I'd assume Hercules could be frozen solid by Shiva and then tossed into space by Typhon... shifty

if they're quick enough...

just read GL 22... johns you bastard, i called it first...

Validus
if they're quick enough...

just read GL 22... johns you bastard, i called it first...
Called what?

pr1983
Called what?

lost lanterns going to save jordan... sad

Validus
lost lanterns going to save jordan... sad
Is that reason to be sad?

pr1983
Is that reason to be sad?

nah, im teasing... im actually kinda chuffed that for an infinitesimal moment, me and johns thought alike...

xmarksthespot
Don't lie. I saw the tears. 313

Validus
nah, im teasing... im actually kinda chuffed that for an infinitesimal moment, me and johns thought alike...
I hope Parallax kills the rest of the Lost Lanterns. The whole "We hate Hal/humans" bit is getting annoying.

pr1983
Don't lie. I saw the tears. 313

laughing out loud

I hope Parallax kills the rest of the Lost Lanterns. The whole "We hate Hal/humans" bit is getting annoying.

i'd rather that they made their peace with hal and the humans... i like some of the characters... though chance dying was surprising...

i wonder what this drakk chick has in store for hal and the guys...

Soljer
Feh! For Frequency, Freely, Fantastic Final Fantasy Foes ****ing Fatalize Favengers.

Yeah. Favengers.

Anywho - All materia and prep and 'status sustaining' certainly help the FF crew.

Everyone hasted, shielded, barrier'd, shelled, reflective, walled, et cetera.

All summons mean that The Final Fantasy crew can use the ten minutes prep to also call up Choco/Mog, Shiva, Irift, Ramuh, Titan, Odin, Bahamut, Kujata, Alexander, Neo Bahamut, Leviathan, Hades, Phoenix, Bahamut Zero, Typhoon, and the Knights of the Round.

A mega all means that anytime anyone on the FF side attacks ANYONE with ANYthing - ALL the avengers get hit simultaneously. Pre-emptive means that the FF crew get to go first. Luck Plus means that the Scarlet Witches' probability manipulation won't work as well. Speed Plus means that everyone on the FF crew will be moving about faster than normal (which is already bullet-time-fast).

Qudra Magic means that the Avengers get Ultima-bombed four times. Final Attack plus the phoenix means that even if the avengers someone win, the entire FF7 crew is revived at full health.

All the while, ultimas are going off, tons of comets (not Meteor - but Comet) are falling, Death magic is going everywhere, half the avengers are turned into miniature versions of themselves, or toads, the Avengers are slowed, or even frozen in time, Tornados and earthquakes are ravaging them, any magic use gets 'silenced.'

And, hell, if they need to, the FF crew can just 'Heal' or 'revive' as often as they want - infinite MP.

Not to mention the fact that the FF crew can just use Deathblows (that'll hit EVERYONE on the avengers squad) can morph any of the avengers, can use W-Summons, can take control of the avengers via manipulate, or use 4x cut to attack four times as fast (as they do hasted, no less.)

You...really...really...REALLY made this a stomp in the Final Fantasy team's favor.

Soljer
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Scarlet Witch goes "No more Materia"

Good plan - except this is classic scarlet witch, and the Final Fantasy team is much faster thanks to haste/pre emptive strike. And she gets silenced immediately. Or morphed. Or deathblowed. Or manipulated. Or just straight up decapitated.

:-\.

Validus
i'd rather that they made their peace with hal and the humans... i like some of the characters... though chance dying was surprising...
Death or peace is fine with me. Just as long as this is this is the last storyline where the anti-human bit is played up so far.

i wonder what this drakk chick has in store for hal and the guys...
Bondage.

xmarksthespot
hmm It's obviously been far too long since I played this game... I actually forgot 1/2 to 3/4 of the stuff you mentioned.

Oh well, let's add Round 3: Every Avenger Evah!

pr1983
Death or peace is fine with me. Just as long as this is this is the last storyline where the anti-human bit is played up so far.

Bondage.

definately... they should just forgive him and move on, bodikka (sp) accusing hal of conspiring was a bit weak...

why not...

hmm It's obviously been far too long since I played this game... I actually forgot 1/2 to 3/4 of the stuff you mentioned.

Oh well, let's add Round 3: Every Avenger Evah!

laughing out loud

Juntai

Bondage. Well the humans altogether are known to be the most powerful lanterns, but they also cause the most shit to hit the fan. Going all the way back to Emerald Dawn 1.

I like the lost laterns, and I always thought Jack Chance was one of the cooler GLs. I remember him fighting Lobo. lol.

pr1983
Originally posted by Juntai
Well the humans altogether are known to be the most powerful lanterns, but they also cause the most shit to hit the fan. Going all the way back to Emerald Dawn 1.

I like the lost laterns, and I always thought Jack Chance was one of the cooler GLs. I remember him fighting Lobo. lol.

i'd heard of that, but never read it... was it any good?

Validus
Well the humans altogether are known to be the most powerful lanterns, but they also cause the most shit to hit the fan. Going all the way back to Emerald Dawn 1.

And when the shit does hit the fan, who are the guys pulling everyone's asses out of the fire? It sure as hell isn't Boodikka's whiny ass. stick out tongue

I can see why Geoff killed Chance. Parallax was right when he called him a Guy Gardner wannabe.

Soljer
Erm...

Topic?

Juntai
i'd heard of that, but never read it... was it any good? I enjoyed it as a fan of both Lobo and GL.

Validus
Originally posted by Soljer
Erm...

Topic?
Reported.

pr1983
And when the shit does hit the fan, who are the guys pulling everyone's asses out of the fire? It sure as hell isn't Boodikka's whiny ass. stick out tongue

true...

Erm...

Topic?

gl 22 is A topic... stick out tongue

I enjoyed it as a fan of both Lobo and GL.

cool...

Soljer
true...

gl 22 is A topic... stick out tongue

cool...

You're a MOD and you're encouraging spam?

shifty

SCORE!

Juntai

I can see why Geoff killed Chance. Parallax was right when he called him a Guy Gardner wannabe. Well I already said they're the most powerful, but in context- if someone like Superman causes an avalance somehow, and the avalance kills 25 people, but he saves a village and stops it eventually... Is he still the hero, since he caused it? Or is he at fault? Not saying it's always like that, but there is a lot of instances of human GL's being the cause and resolution to the problem to an otherwise peaceful universe. Like Hal leading The Legion to OA, like I mentioned earlier.

Chance is cool, and Guy is cool with a bad sense of fashion, noting his well documented bad haircuts, and of course, ripping off his current uniform from the Guardian GL-Robot guys that came to take away Sinestro in Emerald Dawn 2.

pr1983
You're a MOD and you're encouraging spam?

shifty

SCORE!

laughing out loud

Validus
Well I already said they're the most powerful, but in context- if someone like Superman causes an avalance somehow, and the avalance kills 25 people, but he saves a village and stops it eventually... Is he still the hero, since he caused it? Or is he at fault? Not saying it's always like that, but there is a lot of instances of human GL's being the cause and resolution to the problem to an otherwise peaceful universe. Like Hal leading The Legion to OA, like I mentioned earlier.
I'm not saying the Earth Lanterns are the greatest group of guys ever that everyone should bow down to. I'm just saying these guys should have more to say than the proverbial F You every time they see a human. Yes, Hal and the others have put your life in danger 5 times but they've also saved your life 25 times and that was pretty much the same reasoning Tomar Tu used. You don't have to be best friends but it's not good when the only thing apparent about these characters is how big a group of asshats they are.

pr1983
I'm not saying the Earth Lanterns are the greatest group of guys ever that everyone should bow down to. I'm just saying these guys should have more to say than the proverbial F You every time they see a human. Yes, Hal and the others have put your life in danger 5 times but they've also saved your life 25 times and that was pretty much the same reasoning Tomar Tu used. You don't have to be best friends but it's not good when the only thing apparent about these characters is how big a group of asshats they are.

yeah, you're spot on...

btw whats the story with sodam yat?

edit: crap... missed the asshats part... i think the lost lanterns could be pretty cool...

Juntai
I'm not saying the Earth Lanterns are the greatest group of guys ever that everyone should bow down to. I'm just saying these guys should have more to say than the proverbial F You every time they see a human. Yes, Hal and the others have put your life in danger 5 times but they've also saved your life 25 times and that was pretty much the same reasoning Tomar Tu used. You don't have to be best friends but it's not good when the only thing apparent about these characters is how big a group of asshats they are. Fair enough. I really liked, even for how brief it was, when they were fleshed out and explained their different styles and stuff. Thought they would make a cool tactical team. And I always thought Jack was an fairly untapped resource,

Hannibal-Lector
Well Round 1 is an easy win for FF7... lets see... aeris turns the party invincible... and can have an old fashion brawl... or simply use death materia... and if we are going with AC aeris... even if she dies she can prevent people from entering the lifestream and bring them back (her team) until its a win....

Round 2.... Key memeber on the Avengers is Thor obviously.... Which incarnation of Sephiroth is this? the avatar from AC? the flash back version? Rebirth+Seraph? How well does Thor fair against puncture weapons/ slashes? if not so well... then we know the answer to this fight..... if not...
If its AC Sephiroth in Kadajs body, FF7 team loses otherwise, they still got this... For those who dont know, Sephiroth once powered by Jenova has infinite strength and life which is why he perpetually comes back... the only thing that can kill him is himself or Jenova. Cloud is an impartial clone of Sephiroth which taps Sephiroths energy in times of critical situations (represented by him glowing yellow or blue depending...)... of course if they all have materia, death spell is still an option which would work very nicely Thor not being truely immortal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.