Director's Cast List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WinonaForever
If you were a film director allowed to select any (LIVING) actors to cast in your large and successful filmography, who would you choose?

here is my list

Male:
leonardo dicaprio
johnny depp
tom hank
will smith
denzel washington
samuel jackson

Female:
Winona Ryder
Kate winslet
Nicole kidman
kate beckinsale
cate blanchett

T.M
Impossible to say.. If I was a director I would love to work with Pacino.. but I wouldn't cast him as the main charcter in a teen comedy because he wouldn't be right for the part. It would depend on the role, the character, the genre pretty much everything.

WinonaForever
Originally posted by T.M
Impossible to say.. If I was a director I would love to work with Pacino.. but I wouldn't cast him in a teen comedy because he wouldn't be right for the part. It would depend on the role, the character, the genre pretty much everything. nice choice

GrillingNemo
You listed a great group of actors. However I don't think I could make that decision until I knew what the movie was about.

Solo
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Kyle MacLachlan/Bruce Campbell - deserve better work

James Dean, of course, if he were alive.

Nordicdusk
Sean Penn
Daniel Day Lewis
Clint Eastwood
Robert DeNiro

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Nordicdusk
Sean Penn
Daniel Day Lewis
Clint Eastwood
Robert DeNiro

I would go see that movie for sure! They'd all be great in like a mafia movie, or a Western. Maybe even a serious space movie.

ragesRemorse
Christian bale, russel crowe, willam dafoe, adrian brody, ed norton, thomas jane, sam jackson, Micheal cain, john cusack.

Milla jovovich, kate winslet, tilda swinton, holly hunter, ellen burstyn, meryl streep, judi dench, joan cusack and of course uma thurman

However, if i were a famous director, i would probably invest my money into cloning so i could clone steve mcqueen. Hollywood is missing the cool aspect that Mcqueen and cats from his day brought to the screen.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Nordicdusk
Sean Penn
Daniel Day Lewis
Clint Eastwood
Robert DeNiro

Daniel Day Lewis is such a bad ass actor

Discos
very very good question my friend.

Everytime I watch an under-rated movie with under-rated actors/actresses, I always wish I could cast them in my own movie.

First actor and actress on my list would be....Sean Bean and Cameron Diaz.

Bean is my iddle, sheer class and his acting is 2nd to none.
Diaz on the other hand is just my favourite actress due to the fact she is loopy and so down to earth. I love watching her interviews.

Actors
Sean William Scott
Jim Carrey
Mark Wahlberg
Danny Dyer
Christopher Walken

Actresses
Lucy Liu
Jennifer Aniston
Christina Applegate
Liv Tyler

thats about it guys,

Faith27
Actors:

Josh Hartnett
Bruce Willis
Tom Cruise
Orlando Bloom

Actresses:

Angelina Jolie
Paris Hilton (I want to kill her in a suspense horror film like House of Wax)
Lucy Liu
Jessica Biel (She's sexy)

Discos
sort of did enjoy the paris scene in house of wax....haha nice choice.

Don't agree with Jolie though dude, just have a general dislike for her acting.

Discos - damn you MRS SMITH!

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I wouldn't be able to choose anyone unless I knew what the story was. But I would probably make a film that would have roles specially written for Christian Bale and Kate Winslet. I can't think of anyone else in particular right now. Like I'd need some older actors too and some younger ones but I shall have a think later as I'm tired now and can't be bothered to think haha.

Discos
Kate Winslet, for me, has came out of nowhere the past year or so, it's great because she is such a dedicated actress.

Christian Bale has been voted a few many times in this Thread, he is another great actor that has crept up the past 2-3 years. Loved him in Equilibrium & The Machinist...but don't rate him in Batman Begins

Leggy_n_Merry
What about in American Psycho? He's amazing in that!

Discos
darn straight dude, only seen the film twice of course but it seemed like a tough role to take, so serious.

Leggy_n_Merry
I think I've only seen it twice too.

I remember youuu from the Lord of the Rings forum! Dunno if you remember me. You must be quite old (haha not properly old obviously) now, as I was only 14 when I first came on here and now I'm 18 and I remember you being about 16 or older when I was first on here.

Edit: OK you were only one year older than me I just looked haha!

Discos
haha yeah I remember you, can't forget a screen name like that.

I am 19 now smile

anyways, a couple of fringe actors I would give minor roles to would possibly be....Brian Cox, Janel Moloney (from the west wing), Samuel L Jackson,

Just as a poke of fun, I would have a scene at a sporting event or a drive-thru restraunt where JAMES EARL JONES makes an announcment or takes your order.

Leggy_n_Merry
Oh no, I don't really like Samuel L Jackson. I don't hate him or anything, I just don't him in my film haha.

Forgive my ignorance but I don't know who James Earl Jones is. I recognise the name though *thinks*

sithsaber408
thumbsup Voice of Darth Vader, voice of Mufasa in the Lion King, and he played supporting roles in tons of films, most notably Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner.

=Tired Hiker=
Jeff Bridges
Donnie Wahlberg
Dennis Quad
Jon Bon Jovi

and

Kera Knightly
Parker Posey
Alyssa Milano
Christina Applegate

The movie would be a rated R space adventure.

TheNinjaMaster
Christopher Walken
The Ninja Master

This movie is about me and Walken killing aliens and monsters for 8 hours. While it's playing, people in alien suits will attack the viewers in the theatre for extra dramatic impact.

Mairuzu
Christian bale

Paul rudd

w00t

yvonnekarate

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by sithsaber408
thumbsup Voice of Darth Vader, voice of Mufasa in the Lion King, and he played supporting roles in tons of films, most notably Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner.

Oh right right. Well I don't like Star Wars so that explains why I don't really know him. Obviously (well is it really obvious? haha) I've seen The Lion King though.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Jeff Bridges
Donnie Wahlberg
Dennis Quad
Jon Bon Jovi

and

Kera Knightly
Parker Posey
Alyssa Milano
Christina Applegate

The movie would be a rated R space adventure.

sounds like a john Carpenter movie

faradayslaw
Jackie Chan
Jet Li
Tony Jaa
Donnie Yen
Zhang Ziyi

It would be the greatest martial arts movie ever.......

PaperGangsta
Originally posted by Discos
very very good question my friend.

Everytime I watch an under-rated movie with under-rated actors/actresses, I always wish I could cast them in my own movie.

First actor and actress on my list would be....Sean Bean and Cameron Diaz.

Bean is my iddle, sheer class and his acting is 2nd to none.
Diaz on the other hand is just my favourite actress due to the fact she is loopy and so down to earth. I love watching her interviews.

Actors
Sean William Scott
Jim Carrey
Mark Wahlberg
Danny Dyer
Christopher Walken

Actresses
Lucy Liu
Jennifer Aniston
Christina Applegate
Liv Tyler

thats about it guys,

Yes, I completely agree with you.. I love christina Applegate especially.. she is beautiful.. have you seen her in the Rainn Wilson movie The Rocker!... she was hot and great like always.. It just came out on DVD.. did you see it ?

Kovacs86
Kevin Spacey
Ed Norton
Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Brad Pitt
Russel Crowe
Morgan Freeman
Christian Bale
Daniel Day Lewis

Jessica Alba
Kate Winslet
Cate Blanchett
Naomi Watts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.