mighty avengers vs this team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lando005
mighty avengers

iron man
ms marvel
sentry
ares
wonder man
black widow
wasp

vs

the answer
abomination
absorbing man
purple man
the wizard
rhino
apocalypse

ragesRemorse
apocalypse

lando005
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
apocalypse i dont think apoc is taking down sentry

tkitna
Team 1

lando005
Originally posted by tkitna
Team 1 team 2 has some tough fighters on their side as well not to mention a reality warper

tkitna
Team 1 has Sentry

lando005
Team 1 has Sentry team 2 has the answer and purple man either can take sentry

tkitna
Originally posted by lando005
team 2 has the answer and purple man either can take sentry

Neither one of these characters can take Sentry.

Akuki
Neither one of these characters can take Sentry.
Well Purple man might work as sentry has shown himself to be vulnerable to mental manipulation in the past, I could see a scenario in which Purple man uses sentry against the rest of the team, I seem to remember in a Thunderbolts comic where he took over almost all of the Avengers.

tkitna
I'm a bit tired right now and may have forgotten, but who mentally manipulated Sentry before? We're talking about a character that erased his existence from every living being on the earth. I would say that you would be hard pressed to control him.

Ask Dr. Strange.

lando005
Neither one of these characters can take Sentry. you do know the answer's a reality warper and purpleman can control people with his voice

the whole gimmic with the answer is he has to power to come up with an answer to any given problem so he can find an answer to sentry

as for purple man.... well we all know sentry's mental condition it wont be hard at all to control him and render him useless that way

lando005
I'm a bit tired right now and may have forgotten, but who mentally manipulated Sentry before? We're talking about a character that erased his existence from every living being on the earth. I would say that you would be hard pressed to control him.

Ask Dr. Strange. i forgot his name too but he was a telepath weaker than emma and as a result of his virus sentry's mental state is not very stable at all it wont be hard to manipulate him

Akuki

Ask Dr. Strange.
It's in his origin story, it was mastermind who screwed him up like that.

tkitna
you do know the answer's a reality warper and purpleman can control people with his voice

the whole gimmic with the answer is he has to power to come up with an answer to any given problem so he can find an answer to sentry

as for purple man.... well we all know sentry's mental condition it wont be hard at all to control him and render him useless that way

I have a feeling that the Answers power level would top out way before the Sentry. I mean, I remember him fighting Spiderman before, but thats Spiderman. Can you post some of his higher feats because thats not going to get it.

As for the Purple Man easily rendering the sentry useless,,,,,thats rich.

tkitna
Originally posted by Akuki
It's in his origin story, it was mastermind who screwed him up like that.

Ha, your right. See what 8 hours of sleep will do to a person over a 3 day period. The bad thing is I just reread the Sentry's mini just a week ago.

I'll be a man,,,,,your right and I was wrong in that instance.

lando005
I have a feeling that the Answers power level would top out way before the Sentry. I mean, I remember him fighting Spiderman before, but thats Spiderman. Can you post some of his higher feats because thats not going to get it.

As for the Purple Man easily rendering the sentry useless,,,,,thats rich. your right he is a low end reality warper but still a reality warper the thing is with that ability you don't need high end planet busting power you can be just as effective with sutable changes creativity can be more dangerous that raw power

and sentry getting screwed up by purple man is a very likely possibility

tkitna
Heck, who knows. All I know is i'm exhausted and I know when to throw in the towel.

I'm going to take a nap here at work and continue the good fight later.

Cheers!

SnazzySmurph
The Answer sucks. He was a B villain, and they barely did anything creative with him. He couldn't do jack to Sentry.

As for Purple Man- He gets blitzed.

Mighty A's win.

lando005
Heck, who knows. All I know is i'm exhausted and I know when to throw in the towel.

I'm going to take a nap here at work and continue the good fight later.

Cheers! alright dont get fired have a nice nap

lando005
Originally posted by SnazzySmurph
The Answer sucks. He was a B villain, and they barely did anything creative with him. He couldn't do jack to Sentry.

As for Purple Man- He gets blitzed.

Mighty A's win. i dont think so i think purple man would be able to get him under control sentry has to deal with the other members of team 2 also more than likely he'll go after apoc first giving purp enough time to control him

SnazzySmurph
i dont think so i think purple man would be able to get him under control sentry has to deal with the other members of team 2 also more than likely he'll go after apoc first giving purp enough time to control him Why would he go after Apoc first?

Besides, any member of the Avengers can take out Purple Man, so if he tries to focus on Sentry, which will be hard, any one of them can take him out afterwards.

Purple Man gets blitzed. By pretty much everyone but Wasp, who could sneak attack him.

lando005
Why would he go after Apoc first?

Besides, any member of the Avengers can take out Purple Man, so if he tries to focus on Sentry, which will be hard, any one of them can take him out afterwards.

Purple Man gets blitzed. By pretty much everyone but Wasp, who could sneak attack him. apoc is at first glance the biggest threat on that team and purple man doesn't have to focus on one person at a time all he has to do is speak and anyone who can hear him falls under his control he doesn't have to put any effort into it so if anyone even comes within ear-shot they risk being controlled by him

SnazzySmurph
apoc is at first glance the biggest threat on that team and purple man doesn't have to focus on one person at a time all he has to do is speak and anyone who can hear him falls under his control he doesn't have to put any effort into it so if anyone even comes within ear-shot they risk being controlled by him Yes... but nearly anyone on the Mighty Avengers can take him out before he speaks.

lando005
Yes... but nearly anyone on the Mighty Avengers can take him out before he speaks. not if they are distracted by his team mates, just saying this fight aint in the bag

SnazzySmurph
not if they are distracted by his team mates, just saying this fight aint in the bag Weak... at least one would take him out.

lando005
Weak... at least one would take him out. and he also stands a chance at controlling one of them by then

SnazzySmurph
and he also stands a chance at controlling one of them by then I don't remember Purple Man having bullet-time reactions.

lando005
I don't remember Purple Man having bullet-time reactions. he doesn't but neither does wasp or black widow for example and i dont think ares moves fast enough to get out of ear shot

SnazzySmurph
he doesn't but neither does wasp or black widow for example and i dont think ares moves fast enough to get out of ear shot You completely missed the point.

King_Mungi
Does Purple Man still need to give verbal commands? As I have seen him will his "slaves" to to his bidding without talking just like his daughter can. This isn't a point for this debate, but a question in general.

lando005
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Does Purple Man still need to give verbal commands? As I have seen him will his "slaves" to to his bidding without talking just like his daughter can. This isn't a point for this debate, but a question in general. not sure

guy222
Rhino
http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1123013_asmf_03_40.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1123015_asmf_03_41.jpg

shokosugi
Absorbing man can take on Sentry

Slaanesh
rhino is the main man here..u guys totally forgot about him..he could solo this no expression

Scoobless
RE: the whole Purple Man issue.

It's not telepathy and it's not strictly voice control ... he can only control the actions of people after they have come into contact with his pheromones, at that point most people cannot resist his commands.

This power is obviously restricted to the distance his voice travels as well as the relatively slow speed his pheromones travel, though once they are under his control it takes a while for it to wear off ... unless they have a healing factor or some way to burn the pheromones out, or, like Iron Man, a way of staying out of contact of foreign contaminants.

And his powers don't work on Ionic characters at all (like Wonderman)

Basically, if they start the match at a distance, any long range attack could take him out long before he begins to become useful in the match.

Originally posted by shokosugi

After last time? Absorbing Man is more likely to run away from Sentry to avoid getting himself asploded again.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1267/sentry17yt.th.jpg http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5696/sentry25sy.th.jpg

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by shokosugi

Originally posted by Scoobless
After last time? Absorbing Man is more likely to run away from Sentry to avoid getting himself asploded again.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1267/sentry17yt.th.jpg http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5696/sentry25sy.th.jpg

SHAZAM!

Philosophía
Apocalypse might be the one that tips the balance in Team 2's favor.

Kris Blaze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.