entire green lantern corps vs annhilation wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordboo
the wave is about to hit dc they have been charger with trying to stop the wave.
can the lanterns stop the wave ?
every green lantern
vs
(annihilation wave includes)
annihilus w/qauntum bands
thanos
tenebrous
aegis
ravenous
terrax
centurions(elite guards from the negative zone)
paibok
deliquent
harvester of sorrows
500,000 land bugs

Acrosurge
The Wave in a stomp. Portions of the Wave's forces could crush the Corps alone. Thanos, Tenebrous, Aegis, and Annihilus could likely win this battle without much of a problem.

Annihilus would be quite content with the amount of energy he absorbs from this group.

Evo
This would be like killing a few flies with a few nuclear bombs! The Annihilation wave would make the Green Lantern Corps. extinct.

Grimm22
Current Corps or Classic Corps? confused

Current- Probably loses

Classic- Wins easily

lordboo
Originally posted by Grimm22

Current- Probably loses

Classic- Wins easily
when you say classic who are you including

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Grimm22

Current- Probably loses

Classic- Wins easily I'd say Classic loses too, considering how effective they were against Hal Jordan.

Thanos. Tenebrous. Aegis. I don't see how the Corps can compete with these three, let alone the rest of the Wave team.

quanchi112
the a-wave crushes the corps. complete and utter devastation.

Sandai Kitetsu
Corps ftw.

llagrok
Tenebrous and Aegis could only be beaten through the use of a plot device. Won't happen this time.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by llagrok
Tenebrous and Aegis could only be beaten through the use of a plot device. Won't happen this time.

Lanterns create said plot device.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'd say Classic loses too, considering how effective they were against Hal Jordan.

wrong. when _FT_ happend, Jordan was in the process of reforming the GLC, which only had about 20+ ppl as members at the time.

the CLASSIC corps, w/Arrkis Chummuck, Eedore, Tomar Re, Katma Tui and others would prolly take out 90% of the AW b4 getting stopped, and I only say that due to my not being too sure about Tene & Aegis

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Lanterns create said plot device. no plot device will save them from all this. utter curbstomp as the corps is going down.

Sandai Kitetsu
Nah, corps win.

quanchi112
Nah, corps win. are u kidding me? the corps get their asses handed to them by doomsday or sbp. corps gets assraped at best.

Sandai Kitetsu
Originally posted by quanchi112
are u kidding me? the corps get their asses handed to them by doomsday or sbp. corps gets assraped at best.

That's because writers incompetence, If corps were written at their fullest. Their comics should end in a second.

quanchi112
That's because writers incompetence, If corps were written at their fullest. Their comics should end in a second. we have to take this battle with how they are writtem. u cant just solelay base it from ur own personal opinion. its this simple awave still had around thirty percent left after 3 solar systems of them died. awave would absolutely crush the corps. it would show them what a true crisis was all about.

Sandai Kitetsu
Well, I'm basing them on their abilities, and they should win. but, if we base them on how they are written, then it's a stomp against them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Corps win in a massive Stomp. The Corps acting together in one accord is different than a few scattered Battles here and ther.e Also, the Ion Entity is Part of the Corps. Who it possesses is non consequential as we know that it will possess someone as long as it isn't being held by the sinestro Corps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Corps win in a massive Stomp. The Corps acting together in one accord is different than a few scattered Battles here and ther.e Also, the Ion Entity is Part of the Corps. Who it possesses is non consequential as we know that it will possess someone as long as it isn't being held by the sinestro Corps. galactus,tenebrous,and aegis stomp him into oblivion. the corps gets stomped. its much worse than doomsday when he encountered them.

nvrbeenwthagirl
galactus,tenebrous,and aegis stomp him into oblivion. the corps gets stomped. its much worse than doomsday when he encountered them.

You poor thing. You obviously haven't read a single issue with ION in it.

lordboo
got to agree there ion is a beast

Supermanluv

Ion hardly did anything that impressive through out his recent mini. He had trouble putting down D.S's son. He'd be stomped against someone like Thanos, Tenebous and Ageis.

Kutulu
Corps win in a massive Stomp. The Corps acting together in one accord is different than a few scattered Battles here and ther.e Also, the Ion Entity is Part of the Corps. Who it possesses is non consequential as we know that it will possess someone as long as it isn't being held by the sinestro Corps.

Did you somehow forget that Annihilus absorbs energy from beings he defeats? Each Green Lantern captured would have the essence of their rings transferred to his own already immense power. By the time he gets around to Ion, he would be provided with a massive boost in power.

Ion isn't all that tough as you make him out to be, either, otherwise he would not have had the green willpower whale ripped so easily from his chest in order to be implanted by the Parallax entity.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Supermanluv
Ion hardly did anything that impressive through out his recent mini. He had trouble putting down D.S's son. He'd be stomped against someone like Thanos, Tenebous and Ageis.

I was referring to the ION entity. Ooops. I guess you didnt' take the time to read what I wrote.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
Did you somehow forget that Annihilus absorbs energy from beings he defeats? Each Green Lantern captured would have the essence of their rings transferred to his own already immense power. By the time he gets around to Ion, he would be provided with a massive boost in power.

Ion isn't all that tough as you make him out to be, either, otherwise he would not have had the green willpower whale ripped so easily from his chest in order to be implanted by the Parallax entity.

Are we talking about the IOn entity? Which is what is really IOn? Which I made clear.

Kutulu
Are we talking about the IOn entity? Which is what is really IOn? Which I made clear.

The ION entity was ripped from his chest and placed inside of a yellow containment unit. Annihilus would do the same thing, except the power of the ION entity would now become part of his cosmic control rod.

Supermanluv
I was referring to the ION entity. Ooops. I guess you didnt' take the time to read what I wrote.

Well I cant remember the Ion entity being in more than one comic, and youre original quote refers to there being various issues ...

So in response to youre secondary statement, yes I did read what you wrote !!!!!!!!

You've obviously forgotten !

nvrbeenwthagirl
The ION entity was ripped from his chest and placed inside of a yellow containment unit. Annihilus would do the same thing, except the power of the ION entity would now become part of his cosmic control rod.

You obvioulsy dont' understand how the Corps power works. THey work on universal fear, the opposite of The Ion entity. Annihilus has no Such power. you fail. Try again.

llagrok
Aegis and Tenebrous are seriously being underestimated.....

Supermanluv
You obvioulsy dont' understand how the Corps power works. THey work on universal fear, the opposite of The Ion entity. Annihilus has no Such power. you fail. Try again.

What the **** are you talking about ?

NO you obviously dont understand anything. U think you do and you string lots of words together, thinking they actually makes sense, but in reality its like talking to ****ing Bizarro on crack !

lordboo
annihillus cosmic control rod can absorb hell of a lot,it absorbed the energy of the qauntum bands,and at one point started to absorb the nova force

quanchi112

NO you obviously dont understand anything. U think you do and you string lots of words together, thinking they actually makes sense, but in reality its like talking to ****ing Bizarro on crack ! cosigned. hes a dc fanboy so he always sides with dc even when its an obvious curbstomp in marvels favor. look at what doomsday did to the corps. one being.

laughing

Kutulu

Did you even read the Annihilation series? Do you remember when he fought Quasar and ripped the Quantum Bands from his arms, and then killed him? That is what would happen when Annihilus got hold of a Green Lantern member, only he would absorb their ring. Each ring he would absorb would give him more power. By the end of this feast he would be a powerhouse.

That is not even including the Proemial Elders. Each one is equivilant to a Galactus in power.

Let me put it in your DC terms.

If the GL Corps was up against Yuga Khan, Darkseid, and all of Apocalypse, who would win? I thought so.

quanchi112
Did you even read the Annihilation series? Do you remember when he fought Quasar and ripped the Quantum Bands from his arms, and then killed him? That is what would happen when Annihilus got hold of a Green Lantern member, only he would absorb their ring. Each ring he would absorb would give him more power. By the end of this feast he would be a powerhouse.

That is not even including the Proemial Elders. Each one is equivilant to a Galactus in power.

If the GL Corps was up against Yuga Khan, Darkseid, and all of Apocalypse, who would win? I thought so. good job. make it to where his warped new gods fanaticism can put it into perspective.

wink

TricksterPriest

NO you obviously dont understand anything. U think you do and you string lots of words together, thinking they actually makes sense, but in reality its like talking to ****ing Bizarro on crack !

No, he's right. They can just boost the Ion entity back to it's previous levels. And even without that, they can still take the majority in my opinion. How many GLs would it take to recreate the big crunch energy? Or how long for them to figure out the kind of energy needed to destroy T&A? Answer: Non-jobbing, not very long at all. And don't try to claim T&A were Galactus level. Galactus beat all the proemial beings by himself. And he was weakened and cheap-shotted. 7200 herald levelers, hundreds of skyfathers, and the possibility of creating another Parallax or Classic Ion?

As I see it, it's pretty hard for the Corp to lose outright. Any wins the A-wave gets will be hard-fought with massive casualties.

Kutulu
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
No, he's right. They can just boost the Ion entity back to it's previous levels. And even without that, they can still take the majority in my opinion. How many GLs would it take to recreate the big crunch energy?

You just lost some respect after making that statement.

Do you really think if the Green Lanterns got together they can recreate the force of the universe being created, in other words duplicating the power of the source would be the DC equivilant. NO. FRIGGIN. WAY. If Green Lanterns were that powerful they would have man-handled anti-monitor and Imperiex by themselves.

Stupid Rookie

Ion has enough power to turn this in favor of the GLs. I like when people specify wheter ION is allowed or not. If you include him it really is including a power that few in comics can really match.

Stupid Rookie

If the GL Corps was up against Yuga Khan, Darkseid, and all of Apocalypse, who would win? I thought so.

I agree with you for the most part, but think that with ION the tide would turn.

w/o it is a stomp. The seekers were all supposed to be herlad levelers anyway weren't they? Ravenous and bunch of seekers could run through a whole lot of GLs.

A&T are ridic!

Kutulu
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Ion has enough power to turn this in favor of the GLs. I like when people specify wheter ION is allowed or not. If you include him it really is including a power that few in comics can really match.

The same could be said for Tenebrous and Aegis. They are beings almost as old as the universe itself. Galactus himself could not kill them. One Proemial was enough to create the entire race of watchers, for example. They are very powerful entities, basically lower level abstracts.

llagrok

Tenebrous and Aegis > Yuga, DS and Apokolips.

TricksterPriest
Tenebrous and Aegis > Yuga, DS and Apokolips. http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/aae.jpg

llagrok
So, Yuga and DS are Abstract level? Cool.

TricksterPriest
So, Yuga and DS are Abstract level? Cool.

T&A aren't abstract. And Yuga Khan is at least equal to Galactus.

Sandai Kitetsu
Just because they beat Galactus, their abstract level? I guess everyone who defeats big G is abstract level, right?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Tenebrous and Aegis > Yuga, DS and Apokolips.

Rediculous.

llagrok
T 'n A aren't abstract level? Each of them are equal to Galactus.

Sandai Kitetsu

T N' A laughing

Is sentry an abstract too?

nvrbeenwthagirl

Doesn't Take Two Beings of equal power to beat one being. I'd wager Two Darkseids or Two Odin non Jobbing could beat that version of Galactus.

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/Annihilation1-027.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/Annihilation1-028.jpg

I'll get the scan where it's mentioned that each of them is equal to him.

llagrok
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/Annihilation-SilverSurfer03page18.jpg

^ Galactus mentions that they are beings of unimaginable power.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/NovaCorpsFilespage04.jpg

^ Mentioned by the nova corpse

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/AnnihilationSilverSurfer4-023.jpg

^ Skreet mentions how much damage they did with their powers

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/Annihilation1-029.jpg

^ There it's mentioned that each of them were equal to Galactus

Sandai Kitetsu

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/annihilation/Annihilation1-029.jpg

^ There it's mentioned that each of them were equal to Galactus

So, was the Sentry. erm

It depends on what version were using. If it's classic corps, they win easily. But, Current might lose, though.

Space M ummy
So, was the Sentry. erm

It depends on what version were using. If it's classic corps, they win easily. But, Current might lose, though.

Er, no. It was mentioned that Sentry STALEMATED galactus. And that was an offhand comment by spider man with no context.

Tons of beings have done this (Thor, Strange, High Evolutionary) that are below Galactus in power due to plot devices or galactus simply being hungry at the time. Since this fight was never shown, you can't assume this to be true.

This is NOT the same thing as someone being stated to be galactus' equals as is the case in the above scan. TnA are the only beings ever to stated to be his flat out equals, and the only ones that are inarguably MORE powerful are abstracts.

Sandai Kitetsu
That wasn't my point, beating Galatus doesn't make you an abstract. Alot of people have defeated galactus, the guy is a jobber. erm

Juntai
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Er, no. It was mentioned that Sentry STALEMATED galactus. And that was an offhand comment by spider man with no context.

Tons of beings have done this (Thor, Strange, High Evolutionary) that are below Galactus in power due to plot devices or galactus simply being hungry at the time. Since this fight was never shown, you can't assume this to be true.

This is NOT the same thing as someone being stated to be galactus' equals as is the case in the above scan. TnA are the only beings ever to stated to be his flat out equals, and the only ones that are inarguably MORE powerful are abstracts. But they aren't equals. Galactus trapped or destroyed their whole race. They just had a good showing against him.

But your scan of them being equals is nothing more than a 3rd party character claim, who was telling the story of how Galactus fell.

"Had Diableri not brought the war to Galactus, he might have prevailed. His blind ambition was his undoing. Galactus is of greater purpose. Galactus knew the void and the spectral waste from which the void was shaped. Galactus is of power! Galactus' was the hand that slew Diableri, Galactus' the hand that imprisoned Tenebrous and Aegis."

llagrok
Originally posted by Juntai
But they aren't equals. Galactus trapped or destroyed their whole race. They just had a good showing against him.

But your scan of them being equals is nothing more than a 3rd party character claim, who was telling the story of how Galactus fell.

"Had Diableri not brought the war to Galactus, he might have prevailed. His blind ambition was his undoing. Galactus is of greater purpose. Galactus knew the void and the spectral waste from which the void was shaped. Galactus is of power! Galactus' was the hand that slew Diableri, Galactus' the hand that imprisoned Tenebrous and Aegis."

Is it fun being wrong?

T 'n A were the only ones left after the civil war. They had to be imprisoned. Why would he imprison them if he could beat them? Simple, he couldn't.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-024.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-025.jpg

From those scans, it's quite obvious that it wasn't Galactus who killed them all, but that they fought amongst themselves. And if Galactus was capable of killing off all of them, he wouldn't have been defeated alongside the SS. That much is obvious.

What we do know though, is that Galactus killed their so called "leader" and we can assume that he is at least equal to them. So I would say that Galactus is perhaps slightly stronger than one of them. He would probably take a majority of 6/10 against Aegis.

Let's also keep in mind that it took one attack from her, which is pretty decent. Few people below Galactus' level can take him with one shot.

Juntai
Is it fun being wrong?

T 'n A were the only ones left after the civil war. They had to be imprisoned. Why would he imprison them if he could beat them? Simple, he couldn't.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-024.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Annihilation-HeraldsofGalactus2-025.jpg

From those scans, it's quite obvious that it wasn't Galactus who killed them all, but that they fought amongst themselves. And if Galactus was capable of killing off all of them, he wouldn't have been defeated alongside the SS. That much is obvious.

What we do know though, is that Galactus killed their so called "leader" and we can assume that he is at least equal to them. So I would say that Galactus is perhaps slightly stronger than one of them. He would probably take a majority of 6/10 against Aegis.

Let's also keep in mind that it took one attack from her, which is pretty decent. Few people below Galactus' level can take him with one shot. Except nothing I said was wrong. I said he killed or trapped them, didn't I?
Their previous war splintering their ranks has nothing to do with what I was talking about. The remaining ones brought the war to Galactus. All who stood against Galactus fell. That's the part of relivence here.
Thanks for showing some of the scans I was talking about though. Specifically the one I was quoting from.

quanchi112
Doesn't Take Two Beings of equal power to beat one being. I'd wager Two Darkseids or Two Odin non Jobbing could beat that version of Galactus. no way would two darkseids beat galactus. no freaking way. galactus could destory his whole plent with darkseid on it attacking him if he wanted to.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
T&A aren't abstract. And Yuga Khan is at least equal to Galactus. NO WAY IS YUGA KHAN EQUAL TO BIG G. darkseid has the power to defeat yuga not galactus. lets not start making ridicuolus claims just becuz yuga crushed some new gods.

llagrok
What are you basing those statements off Juntai?

It was only stated that Galactus killed Diableri. The rest is just speculation. I don't think he would brag about imprisoning two guys if he killed the rest of them. And if he was capable of killing the rest, how come he couldn't kill T n A?

Speculations, speculations.

Juntai
What are you basing those statements off Juntai?

It was only stated that Galactus killed Diableri. The rest is just speculation. I don't think he would brag about imprisoning two guys if he killed the rest of them. And if he was capable of killing the rest, how come he couldn't kill T n A?

Speculations, speculations. Originally posted by Juntai
Except nothing I said was wrong. I said he killed or trapped them, didn't I?
Their previous war splintering their ranks has nothing to do with what I was talking about. The remaining ones brought the war to Galactus. All who stood against Galactus fell. That's the part of relivence here.
Thanks for showing some of the scans I was talking about though. Specifically the one I was quoting from. Where is the speculation here?
It's supported in the very scans you posted.

Now run along.

llagrok
You claimed that he killed SEVERAL of them, which he did not. He killed one and for all we know Diableri could just be incredibly charismatic and one of the weakest ones. So saying that Galactus defeated him doesn't necessarily put him above T n A.

What we do know is that Galactus was defeated by them, they have been claimed to be his equal several times, they are beings of "unimaginable power", they wrought more havoc than Galactus, ONLY the crunch energies could contain them and that he didn't kill them for some reason.

Now please, come back when you've read the comics.

Acrosurge
You claimed that he killed SEVERAL of them, which he did not. He killed one and for all we know Diableri could just be incredibly charismatic and one of the weakest ones. So saying that Galactus defeated him doesn't necessarily put him above T n A.

What we do know is that Galactus was defeated by them, they have been claimed to be his equal several times, they are beings of "unimaginable power", they wrought more havoc than Galactus, ONLY the crunch energies could contain them and that he didn't kill them for some reason.

Now please, come back when you've read the comics. They have also been stated to be more dangerous than the Beyonder by far.

quanchi112
You poor thing. You obviously haven't read a single issue with ION in it. u poor thing u havent read annihilation. u dont know the size of the forces involved and the power of annihulus,thanos, powered up silver surfer,tenebrous,galactus,areguis i mean come on the green lantern corps almost died to doomsday. they are weak compared to the awave.

nvrbeenwthagirl
u poor thing u havent read annihilation. u dont know the size of the forces involved and the power of annihulus,thanos, powered up silver surfer,tenebrous,galactus,areguis i mean come on the green lantern corps almost died to doomsday. they are weak compared to the awave.

You obviously think that 7200 of the finest corps all faced doomsday at one time. And you obviously don't know how to understand the point of plot.

quanchi112
You obviously think that 7200 of the finest corps all faced doomsday at one time. And you obviously don't know how to understand the point of plot. i think that one creature crushed a ton of them. annilation wave is utterly enormous. ud be outnumber like 100 to 1 or maybe worse. plus they have major backup. big g would bring a lot of pain by himself even. un would decimate the corps.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i think that one creature crushed a ton of them. annilation wave is utterly enormous. ud be outnumber like 100 to 1 or maybe worse. plus they have major backup. big g would bring a lot of pain by himself even. un would decimate the corps.

You say stuff with nothing to back it up. DId doomsday face the Ion entity or anyone with the entitie's power? Doomsday also had a lantern ring on if i'm not mistaken helping him adjust to thier powers.

quanchi112
You say stuff with nothing to back it up. DId doomsday face the Ion entity or anyone with the entitie's power? Doomsday also had a lantern ring on if i'm not mistaken helping him adjust to thier powers. bottom line is doomsday uttelry decimated them, galactus, aegis and tenebrous would utterly smash ion. big g could un him if he wanted to.

Kutulu
You say stuff with nothing to back it up. DId doomsday face the Ion entity or anyone with the entitie's power? Doomsday also had a lantern ring on if i'm not mistaken helping him adjust to thier powers.

Annihilus will rip the Ion entity from Kyle's chest just like Sinestro did, and be incorporated into the cosmic control rod. T&A will be smashing GL's left and right. The corp. as a whole is not that impressive as you make them out to be. Even Galactus himself could not permanently kill or destroy T&A, and he can destroy entire galaxies. The only way T&A were defeated was the plot device of the big crunch, Marvel's equivilant of the source wall.

The GL's have a lot of bad showings lately. They have nobody who can take down T&A except maybe Ion, and Ion will get double or triple teamed by the force of the Annihilation wave once the lesser lanterns are done with. Look at the latest battles with the Sinestro's corp, the GL's are dying left and right. What makes you think they can stand up to Annihilus once he's started absorbing rings into his cosmic control rod?

llagrok
I don't think it's possible for Annihilus to do the same thing that Sinestro did, but he is more than capable of stealing people's power and energy. People also need to keep in mind how hard a lot of these drones actually are to kill. Nova coprs Centurions were barely capable of harming them, they are a lot tougher than your average canon fodder.

quanchi112
Annihilus will rip the Ion entity from Kyle's chest just like Sinestro did, and be incorporated into the cosmic control rod. T&A will be smashing GL's left and right. The corp. as a whole is not that impressive as you make them out to be. Even Galactus himself could not permanently kill or destroy T&A, and he can destroy entire galaxies. The only way T&A were defeated was the plot device of the big crunch, Marvel's equivilant of the source wall.

The GL's have a lot of bad showings lately. They have nobody who can take down T&A except maybe Ion, and Ion will get double or triple teamed by the force of the Annihilation wave once the lesser lanterns are done with. Look at the latest battles with the Sinestro's corp, the GL's are dying left and right. What makes you think they can stand up to Annihilus once he's started absorbing rings into his cosmic control rod? good points. i mean the annihilation wave would curbstomp this corps. the corps isnt weak outright but the annihilation wave was so damn uber it wasnt even funny.

llagrok
In retrospect, the corps would probably fare very well against the annihilation wave, hadn't it been for Tenebrous and Aegis. Red shift, stardust and firelord held their position and avoided capture/incarceration for months.

quanchi112
In retrospect, the corps would probably fare very well against the annihilation wave, hadn't it been for Tenebrous and Aegis. Red shift, stardust and firelord held their position and avoided capture/incarceration for months. well yes the corps would do better if u take out two big guns but they still would lose. its been proven in the past its not hard to tear into their ranks.

llagrok
A GL is generally equal or slightly weaker than an average herald. If three heralds can hold the wave for months, then several thousand corps members wouldn't have any problems stopping it. Super Skrull was able to take out the harvester or sorrows, which was their main weapon.

Kill off Eradica and other two queens and the entire fleet is in complete and utter disaray.

quanchi112
A GL is generally equal or slightly weaker than an average herald. If three heralds can hold the wave for months, then several thousand corps members wouldn't have any problems stopping it. Super Skrull was able to take out the harvester or sorrows, which was their main weapon.

Kill off Eradica and other two queens and the entire fleet is in complete and utter disaray. do u honestly think thanos or annihililus would let this happen. i mean come on now. also i refuse to believe that a standard green lantern member is in league with a herlad of galactus. have u seen how easy they are killed. sory awave wins no matter what here.

nvrbeenwthagirl

The GL's have a lot of bad showings lately. They have nobody who can take down T&A except maybe Ion, and Ion will get double or triple teamed by the force of the Annihilation wave once the lesser lanterns are done with. Look at the latest battles with the Sinestro's corp, the GL's are dying left and right. What makes you think they can stand up to Annihilus once he's started absorbing rings into his cosmic control rod? YOu do understand that the Gl's only have bad showings right now to set up tention and that of course, at the end of the war, they will over come and do uber feats as always. YOu haven't figured out DC's formula yet? confused

quanchi112
YOu do understand that the Gl's only have bad showings right now to set up tention and that of course, at the end of the war, they will over come and do uber feats as always. YOu haven't figured out DC's formula yet? confused it still doesnt change the fact that most green lantern members knees buckle when a big threat shows up and that their are just cannon fodder. here is an element of drama this way but here with the awave. they wopuld get steamrolled. no drama just a lot of dead green guys.

nvrbeenwthagirl
it still doesnt change the fact that most green lantern members knees buckle when a big threat shows up and that their are just cannon fodder. here is an element of drama this way but here with the awave. they wopuld get steamrolled. no drama just a lot of dead green guys.

The Awave couldn't even crush the small band of rebell forces. So much for your theory. Try again. You FAIL.

Juntai

Now please, come back when you've read the comics. I said he killed or trapped them. And he did previously. You even posted the scan of him saying it.

Juntai
In retrospect, the corps would probably fare very well against the annihilation wave, hadn't it been for Tenebrous and Aegis. Red shift, stardust and firelord held their position and avoided capture/incarceration for months. thumb up

Kutulu
YOu do understand that the Gl's only have bad showings right now to set up tention and that of course, at the end of the war, they will over come and do uber feats as always. YOu haven't figured out DC's formula yet? confused

Umm... what are you talking about now? GL's are not in general on par with heralds. High level Green Lantern's are - yes, this is true, if you look at Kyle or Hal or some of the other good ones. If you look at Green Lantern's as a whole though, a lot of the GL corp right now are new recruits from doing battle with the Sinestro corp. and aren't even that used to their powers yet, that's why they're dropping like flies right now.

You got a few uber Green Lantern's like Hal, Mogo, Kyle, Killowogg, and John Stewart, but as a whole they aren't that well trained and / or well disciplined at the moment; as of the last few showings they have taken a beating.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Umm... what are you talking about now? GL's are not in general on par with heralds. High level Green Lantern's are - yes, this is true, if you look at Kyle or Hal or some of the other good ones. If you look at Green Lantern's as a whole though, a lot of the GL corp right now are new recruits from doing battle with the Sinestro corp. and aren't even that used to their powers yet, that's why they're dropping like flies right now.

You got a few uber Green Lantern's like Hal, Mogo, Kyle, Killowogg, and John Stewart, but as a whole they aren't that well trained and / or well disciplined at the moment; as of the last few showings they have taken a beating.

Um, Hal and the uber GL's are FAR superior to the heralds. Or haven't you noticed. They have feats that border skyfather/trans lvl. Most GL's have herald lvl power. Just not the skill.

Kutulu
Um, Hal and the uber GL's are FAR superior to the heralds. Or haven't you noticed. They have feats that border skyfather/trans lvl. Most GL's have herald lvl power. Just not the skill.

So now you're saying they're skyfather level? The only GL's that have shown skyfather level ability is Ion and Parallax, that's it.
cuckoo

Tenebrous
Doesn't Take Two Beings of equal power to beat one being. I'd wager Two Darkseids or Two Odin non Jobbing could beat that version of Galactus.

It was more like 3 vs. 1. 00001. Andy Schmidt, editor of Annihilation, said that while T&A were the ones that physically confronted Galactus and Silver Surfer, Tenebrous and Aegis were prepped by Thanos and Skreet from the onset. The reason why Galactus fell was due to him being "taken off guard" by Tenebrous, Aegis, and Thanos. This is per andy schmidt.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Tenebrous
It was more like 3 vs. 1. 00001. Andy Schmidt, editor of Annihilation, said that while T&A were the ones that physically confronted Galactus and Silver Surfer, Tenebrous and Aegis were prepped by Thanos and Skreet from the onset. The reason why Galactus fell was due to him being "taken off guard" by Tenebrous, Aegis, and Thanos. This is per andy schmidt.

Too bad in Nvr's world a mere handful of "skyfather level" GL's would take out T&A on their own without effort.
greenlandurn

llagrok

How could be he caught off guard? He knew they were comign.

When did Scmidt ever claim that Thanos had "prepped" them? They only created a minor alliance.

Nvr: Hal's not skyfather....

quanchi112
Um, Hal and the uber GL's are FAR superior to the heralds. Or haven't you noticed. They have feats that border skyfather/trans lvl. Most GL's have herald lvl power. Just not the skill. translation i like dc more so now these green lanterns border on skyfather level.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Too bad in Nvr's world a mere handful of "skyfather level" GL's would take out T&A on their own without effort.
greenlandurn u are correct. i concur with ur assessment of nver's take on this matter. its utterly ridiculous with nothing to back it up.

Sundipped
Lots of casualties on both sides but team Marvel takes it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So now you're saying they're skyfather level? The only GL's that have shown skyfather level ability is Ion and Parallax, that's it.
cuckoo

Kyle Rebuilt the Heaven's ladder that sent the quantum mechanics to a new wrealm of existance. he was able to build the machine that sent the angel's of heaven back. He held a big bang at bay. Hal has so many feats I can't even list them all. As I said, the top tier latners BORDER skyfather, trans lvl. ION and Parrallax are FAR beyond skyfather in thier highest forms. You seem to not know what you are talking about.

llagrok
Then what the hell happened when Ion fought the Sinestro Corps?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Then what the hell happened when Ion fought the Sinestro Corps?

Fear Happened. They couldn't even defeat him until crept into his heart.

llagrok

He should still be able to fight back. Someone who's supposedly far above skyfather should be fully capable of one-shotting sinestro corps members.

quanchi112
Kyle Rebuilt the Heaven's ladder that sent the quantum mechanics to a new wrealm of existance. he was able to build the machine that sent the angel's of heaven back. He held a big bang at bay. Hal has so many feats I can't even list them all. As I said, the top tier latners BORDER skyfather, trans lvl. ION and Parrallax are FAR beyond skyfather in thier highest forms. You seem to not know what you are talking about. how come u say this to everyone who mostly disagrees with u. u claim they are ignorant. hal has many feats but i could say superman is god in dc by that logic. superman is supreme outside the presence in dc with this if we want to go with a feat war. he puts hal and darkseid to shame together. superman beat ds straight up in apokolips now and can be considered skyfather level i guess according to ur logic.

Tenebrous
How could be he caught off guard? He knew they were comign.

When did Scmidt ever claim that Thanos had "prepped" them? They only created a minor alliance.

Nvr: Hal's not skyfather....

He schmidt says this in a thread solely dedicated to annihilation questions over at the cbr forums (obviously since the event happened last summer, the thread is huge and is old) i won't search for it right now because i'm at work. basically what schmidt said is that the alliance was formed on-panel, and the "core" of the alliance was done off-panel....that's why thanos is there at the battle observing with a smile on his face.

additionally the annihilation: heralds of galactus issues stated galactus was taken off guard thanks to thanos prepping T&A.

That's why schmidt keeps saying it's not a low showing for big g by any means....Tenebrous, Aegis, and Thanos all combined their powers/resources to take down Galactus.

quanchi112
He schmidt says this in a thread solely dedicated to annihilation questions over at the cbr forums (obviously since the event happened last summer, the thread is huge and is old) i won't search for it right now because i'm at work. basically what schmidt said is that the alliance was formed on-panel, and the "core" of the alliance was done off-panel....that's why thanos is there at the battle observing with a smile on his face.

additionally the annihilation: heralds of galactus issues stated galactus was taken off guard thanks to thanos prepping T&A.

That's why schmidt keeps saying it's not a low showing for big g by any means....Tenebrous, Aegis, and Thanos all combined their powers/resources to take down Galactus. i do agree that they took galactus by surprise and i dont think they copuld have beaten him again like that. i feel they are on his level to some degree but are not his equals.

quanchi112
Fear Happened. They couldn't even defeat him until crept into his heart. poor guy got to scared to think. fear beats a lot of weaker minds in comics.

wink

llagrok
I don't see why Eradica would claim that T and A were equal to Galactus if they weren't, it seems pointless really. Starlord and Nova wouldn't be frightened by what she said :/

Just checked out heralds of Galactus, no mention of him being caught off guard.

quanchi112
I don't see why Eradica would claim that T and A were equal to Galactus if they weren't, it seems pointless really. Starlord and Nova wouldn't be frightened by what she said :/

Just checked out heralds of Galactus, no mention of him being caught off guard. if they were equal why would it need two to beat him. they arent equal. galactus beat them once correct? they came by and caught him off guard. thats all. galactus feats and that stand up very high while teneborus and aegis are new to the scene and the only impressive big feat they have is by beating gaalctus two on one.

Tenebrous

Just checked out heralds of Galactus, no mention of him being caught off guard.

Keep in mind the on-panel fight lasted about 2 pages or so. Compare this with big G's battle against In-Betweener...it's pretty short. In-Betweener, Mephisto, Tyrant, Ego, they were all giving Galactus everything they had when they fought against him. Aegis devastates Surfer, then Aegis one-shots Big G with a cheap-shot while Big G is getting heavily damaged fighting Tenebrous 1 v 1. Tenebrous is also getting damaged (look closely...you can see the cracks in his armor as him and Big G throw down).

Starlord and Nova were frightened because Galactus fell...not because Eradica said they were equal in power to Galactus.

Eradica: While you were savoring victory on the planet below, the Lord Annihilus has won the war! Don't you see? Galactus has fallen!!

Nova: "For the record, I believe every word. They took down Galactus. God help us."

Read the inside front cover of heralds of galactus. It summarizes what happened in annihilation. it states galactus was taken off guard.

quanchi112
Keep in mind the on-panel fight lasted about 2 pages or so. Compare this with big G's battle against In-Betweener...it's pretty short. In-Betweener, Mephisto, Tyrant, Ego, they were all giving Galactus everything they had when they fought against him. Aegis devastates Surfer, then Aegis one-shots Big G with a cheap-shot while Big G is getting heavily damaged fighting Tenebrous 1 v 1. Tenebrous is also getting damaged (look closely...you can see the cracks in his armor as him and Big G throw down).

Starlord and Nova were frightened because Galactus fell...not because Eradica said they were equal in power to Galactus.

Eradica: While you were savoring victory on the planet below, the Lord Annihilus has won the war! Don't you see? Galactus has fallen!!

Nova: "For the record, I believe every word. They took down Galactus. God help us."

Read the inside front cover of heralds of galactus. It summarizes what happened in annihilation. it states galactus was taken off guard. thumb up

Tazer
Yo.

thats not true: Kyle got beat when he got hit from behind by Sinestro, and then multi-blasted by the rest of the SC'ers, however he got DEFEATED when Sin ripped out the Ion-symbiote & made him cry about his mom.

Tazer

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

thats not true: Kyle got beat when he got hit from behind by Sinestro, and then multi-blasted by the rest of the SC'ers, however he got DEFEATED when Sin ripped out the Ion-symbiote & made him cry about his mom.

Tazer laughing Happy Dance i figured he slanted what happened.

Tazer
Yo.

GLs not being on-par w/heralds is so untrue its not even funny, and U called MOGO uber??? wats he done to deserve that distinction???

and sure the last few showing have taken a beating since theyve all been sneak attacks, so I dont see how U can hold that against them really.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

GLs not being on-par w/heralds is so untrue its not even funny, and U called MOGO uber??? wats he done to deserve that distinction???

and sure the last few showing have taken a beating since theyve all been sneak attacks, so I dont see how U can hold that against them really.

Tazer glanterns arent on par with the hearlds, how many gls' just die like nothing. most of them are foot soldiers. heralds on average are more powerful.

Kutulu
Yo.

Tazer

In the Green Lanterns war against the Sinestro Corps, numreous times GL's were one-shot and died instantly. How often to you see a herald get one-shot by another herald level being?

Let's go over some herald feats:
Silver Surfer:
Creates anti-gravity to protect someone from a black hole:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GalactusTheDevourer2-13.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GalactusTheDevourer2-14.jpg

Goes into a black hole with ease:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GalactusTheDevourer2-15.jpg

Evolves an entire planet billions of years:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_Vol3-015b.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_Vol3-016.jpg

Absorb the entire power of the Oa central battery which Kyle cannot maintain.
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GL_SS_UA_-_0046.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GL_SS_UA_-_0047.jpg
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/GL_SS_UA_-_0048.jpg

So what was that again about Kyle being above skyfather level, when he can't even handle what Silver Surfer can? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh but wait, GL's are so much more powerful than Heralds, right? Well look what happens when Quasar, Marvel's version of a GL, tries to contain Surfer in a construct:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/CosmicPowersUnlimited05-10.jpg

Or how about how he deals with Genis, a powerhouse in his own right:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1996_122_17.jpg

Keep in mind this is Silver Surfer before he got upgraded by Galactus during the Annihilation saga. Keep in mind that Surfer is far below a skyfather, as we see him get stomped when he tried to attack Odin.

Oh but wait, according to Nvr, Kyle is "skyfather level", so why was he, a "skyfather level" being, unable to do what Silver Surfer could do, a mere herald level being, of which, according to Nvr, each GL is at least equal to.

laughing Nvr you crack me up. I honestly don't know where you come up with this stuff sometimes. Skyfather level. Bwahahahahahaha.
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Heck even Superman is impressed with herald level abilities:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/SilvSurf_Superman_1997_001_45.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
In the Green Lanterns war against the Sinestro Corps, numreous times GL's were one-shot and died instantly. How often to you see a herald get one-shot by another herald level being?

Silver Surfer:

So what was that again about Kyle being above skyfather level, when he can't even handle what Silver Surfer can? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh but wait, GL's are so much more powerful than Heralds, right? Well look what happens when Quasar, Marvel's version of a GL, tries to contain Surfer in a construct:
http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/CosmicPowersUnlimited05-10.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_1996_122_17.jpg

Keep in mind this is Silver Surfer before he got upgraded by Galactus during the Annihilation saga. Keep in mind that Surfer is far below a skyfather, as we see him get stomped when he tried to attack Odin.

Oh but wait, according to Nvr, Kyle is "skyfather level", so why was he, a "skyfather level" being, unable to do what Silver Surfer could do, a mere herald level being, of which, according to Nvr, each GL is at least equal to.

laughing Nvr you crack me up. I honestly don't know where you come up with this stuff sometimes. Skyfather level. Bwahahahahahaha.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/SilvSurf_Superman_1997_001_45.jpg

Show me one herald containing a unviersal big bang or being the archetech of the beyonders transcending time and space. Until you do, your entire argument is a big FAIL.

quanchi112

Silver Surfer:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/SilvSurf_Superman_1997_001_45.jpg you owned him. and bad. u have proof while he has nothing. nicely down as proof always hold weight in any debate.

wink

Kutulu
Show me one herald containing a unviersal big bang or being the archetech of the beyonders transcending time and space. Until you do, your entire argument is a big FAIL.

I already showed a scan of Silver Surfer doing something that Kyle could not. You lose. If Kyle was as powerful as you make him out to be, he would have defeated Imperiex by himself.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I already showed a scan of Silver Surfer doing something that Kyle could not. You lose. If Kyle was as powerful as you make him out to be, he would have defeated Imperiex by himself.

He held the big bang. Nuff said. There is nothign the surfer can do that a GL cannot. The Ring user can do ANYTHING the user can imagine and has the will power to accomplish. hence why Kyle was able to shield a big bang. FAIL. try again.

llagrok
Surfer could only withstand the crunch energies for a couple of second and that left him shattered, lacking an arm and a leg.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Surfer could only withstand the crunch energies for a couple of second and that left him shattered, lacking an arm and a leg.

Do the crunch energies equal the power of a Universal bang that will all at once destroy creation and then remake a new one in one fell swoop?

llagrok
Do the crunch energies equal the power of a Universal bang that will all at once destroy creation and then remake a new one in one fell swoop?

Yes. The big Crunch is the counterpart to the big bang.

Surfer couldn't really withstand it though.

Kutulu
There is nothign the surfer can do that a GL cannot. The Ring user can do ANYTHING the user can imagine and has the will power to accomplish. hence why Kyle was able to shield a big bang. FAIL. try again.

Hmmm that's funny, because a certain comic book company says that you are wrong.

Oh and by the way: "I can't contain it all". I have proved, with this scan, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you are wrong. If Kyle was so leagues above a herald in strength, then he would not have needed a herald to help him out. End of story.

Kyle couldn't hold Imperiex indefinitely either. Surfer has manipulated the big crunch, the equivilant to more than a big bang energy (it's the equivilant of manipulating the source wall). It severely hurt him, but he did it. So there goes your theory, down the drain. You lose, try again.

quanchi112

Hmmm that's funny, because a certain comic book company says that you are wrong.

Oh and by the way: "I can't contain it all". I have proved, with this scan, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you are wrong. If Kyle was so leagues above a herald in strength, then he would not have needed a herald to help him out. End of story.

Kyle couldn't hold Imperiex indefinitely either. Surfer has manipulated the big crunch, the equivilant to more than a big bang energy (it's the equivilant of manipulating the source wall). It severely hurt him, but he did it. So there goes your theory, down the drain. You lose, try again. thumb up

nvrbeenwthagirl

Kyle couldn't hold Imperiex indefinitely either. Surfer has manipulated the big crunch, the equivilant to more than a big bang energy (it's the equivilant of manipulating the source wall). It severely hurt him, but he did it. So there goes your theory, down the drain. You lose, try again.

UM, Imperiex was more than a big bang, he was going to destroy the first reality and then create another, more than just a big bang. And where does it state that the cruch is universal destroying in power? Are you using a non cannon crossover? The one where Kyle absorbed the power cosmic and Thanos needed the help of a GL?

Endless Mike
Actually, to clarify, what Surfer manipulated was not a "Big Crunch" (which is the state all the matter and energy collapsing together at one possible end of a universe), but something entirely different with a similar name, which is apparently some kind of physical barrier at the edge of the 616 universe that separates it from the negative zone. Said energies of this "Crunch" were also stated to be specifically harmful to the Proemial gods, like their Kryptonite.

llagrok
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Actually, to clarify, what Surfer manipulated was not a "Big Crunch" (which is the state all the matter and energy collapsing together at one possible end of a universe), but something entirely different with a similar name, which is apparently some kind of physical barrier at the edge of the 616 universe that separates it from the negative zone. Said energies of this "Crunch" were also stated to be specifically harmful to the Proemial gods, like their Kryptonite.

I didn't think it was the big crunch itself, but a remainder of the energy or something like that. It was stated that T n A both wielded the crunch energies AND that it was particularly harmful to them :/

Endless Mike
I didn't think it was the big crunch itself, but a remainder of the energy or something like that. It was stated that T n A both wielded the crunch energies AND that it was particularly harmful to them :/

A Big Crunch is something that happens at the end of a universe. How could it be a remainder of something that hadn't happened yet?

Tenebrous
to clarify further...if i recall correctly the crunch is actually the same energy released from the big bang that is radiating outward...i.e. the crunch is literally the exact point where the (marvel 616) universe is expanding....and it's expanding into the negative zone, which annihilus uses as a pretext to wage war. why is called the crunch? maybe it is constricting the negative zone, like a real big crunch...who knows. it's certainly a better name than the bang.

surfer rides the "crunch" >>> surfer rides the "bang"

Kutulu
to clarify further...if i recall correctly the crunch is actually the same energy released from the big bang that is radiating outward...i.e. the crunch is literally the exact point where the (marvel 616) universe is expanding....and it's expanding into the negative zone, which annihilus uses as a pretext to wage war. why is called the crunch? maybe it is constricting the negative zone, like a real big crunch...who knows. it's certainly a better name than the bang.

surfer rides the "crunch" >>> surfer rides the "bang"

It is the expanding outer shell of the universe. It is the force of creation which created the universe itself, and supposedly it is how the former universe was destroyed when it one day turned inbound and caused the universe to implode, leaving only Galan who later became Galactus after being protected by the cosmic egg.

nvrbeenwthagirl
It is the expanding outer shell of the universe. It is the force of creation which created the universe itself, and supposedly it is how the former universe was destroyed when it one day turned inbound and caused the universe to implode, leaving only Galan who later became Galactus after being protected by the cosmic egg.

That goes against the phoenix thoery as well as the Infinity being theory.

llagrok
That goes against the phoenix thoery as well as the Infinity being theory.

Okay? It still is the story of how Galactus came to be.

Also, Mike. The current 616 universe is the result of the big crunch and not the big bang, so it's not completely unfeasible that there would be remnants of it.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Also, Mike. The current 616 universe is the result of the big crunch and not the big bang, so it's not completely unfeasible that there would be remnants of it.

Remnants of it and it in it's entirety are altogether diff. IMO.

llagrok
Remnants of it and it in it's entirety are altogether diff. IMO.

I agree.

There is no way Surfer would be able to hold back the big crunch when it happened.

Tenebrous

well according to physics a big crunch occurs when the universe's gravity or whate have you is too great and starts reigning in dark matter and whatever...it is analogous to a sun turing into a dwarf...big crunch ends the universe, big bang begins it.

to clarify, Galan's universe was being destroyed by the cosmic "radiation" which was later explained (in adventures of x-men or in a subsequent handbook or some such) to be the result of the shattering of the m'kraan crystal....the big crunch didn't end Galan's universe.

llagrok
well according to physics a big crunch occurs when the universe's gravity or whate have you is too great and starts reigning in dark matter and whatever...it is analogous to a sun turing into a dwarf...big crunch ends the universe, big bang begins it.

to clarify, Galan's universe was being destroyed by the cosmic "radiation" which was later explained (in adventures of x-men or in a subsequent handbook or some such) to be the result of the shattering of the m'kraan crystal....the big crunch didn't end Galan's universe.

Interesting.

Endless Mike
Some say a Big Crunch later becomes a Big Bang

quanchi112

to clarify, Galan's universe was being destroyed by the cosmic "radiation" which was later explained (in adventures of x-men or in a subsequent handbook or some such) to be the result of the shattering of the m'kraan crystal....the big crunch didn't end Galan's universe. someone who knows their stuff. wink

Tazer
Yo.

glanterns arent on par with the hearlds, how many gls' just die like nothing. most of them are foot soldiers. heralds on average are more powerful.

most of the 1's who die are, like any force involving more than 5, nameless and meant to show scope moreso than anything else.

heralds arent any better or worse in that regard, and insofar as power goes the only way U can argue that heralds R more powerful is if U have yur head up yur keister; hell, GLs might even have the bigger displays of power at that.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

ummm, U realize that the 1st 2 or GLs who got sniped werent actively protecting themselves, and due to the fact that they were being sniped were getting hit by an extrodinarily high-intensity beam.

as for those feats I could post some that equal or better it, but Im not really in the mood atm.

and for that matter, how often have we ever seen a herald GET sniped anyways??

Oh but wait, GL's are so much more powerful than Heralds, right?

ummmm.....where did I say that??

so wait, where was that upgrade when SS got chumped by BP???

ummmm...if U wanted to address that to Nvr, maybe U shoulda POSTED that in a rply to Nvr. ya think???

roll eyes (sarcastic) wink

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

but U mis-interpret that scene: sure Kyle couldnt contain all of those energies as he did....becuz GLs dont contain energy w/in their bodies. if he'd tried to do the same feat using the Ring that couldve/wouldve been a diff story.

but also, Id like to address the fact that the above feat as mark against Kyle is rendered BUSTED by the fact that Hal Jordan absorbed the entire CPB (at the end of _ET_ when he becomes Parallax), which in turn facilitated the enlistment of Kyle to be a GL, and then later on he does the same when he absorbs the Oblivion and a significant amount of Parallaxs energies to become Ion the 1st time.......and THOSE energies prove to be enuff to refill the CPB.

so right there ya got 2 instances where GLs have done wat U claimed they couldnt.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Some say a Big Crunch later becomes a Big Bang

quite so; according to our current understanding the Universal Expansion will eventually halt and Gravity will start pulling everything back in........all coming together into a single mass which will explode outward again and the whole cycle begins again.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

most of the 1's who die are, like any force involving more than 5, nameless and meant to show scope moreso than anything else.

heralds arent any better or worse in that regard, and insofar as power goes the only way U can argue that heralds R more powerful is if U have yur head up yur keister; hell, GLs might even have the bigger displays of power at that.

Tazer no u are flat out wrong. i haven t see n many green lanterns that can hang with the silver surfer,morg,firelord, or the fallen one. for the most part gl's are cannon fodder.

Tazer
Yo.

no u are flat out wrong. i haven t see n many green lanterns that can hang with the silver surfer,morg,firelord, or the fallen one. for the most part gl's are cannon fodder.

flat out wrong eh?? PROVE IT.

if the Heralds can be caught by the Skrulls, and SS himself beaten 1-on-1 by a Skrull, then I dont see how U come by that estimation.

and just so's ya know: that no-name GLs end up as cannon fodder isnt saying much of a damn thing.

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

flat out wrong eh?? PROVE IT.

if the Heralds can be caught by the Skrulls, and SS himself beaten 1-on-1 by a Skrull, then I dont see how U come by that estimation.

and just so's ya know: that no-name GLs end up as cannon fodder isnt saying much of a damn thing.

Tazer ho wlong did it take the awave to caprute how many heralds. think about it. green lanters get smoked in record time during a crisis. cannon fodder.

Tazer
Yo.

ho wlong did it take the awave to caprute how many heralds. think about it. green lanters get smoked in record time during a crisis. cannon fodder.

I have no idea how long; I didnt read much of it beyond the Nova -mini.

and of course, thats not PROOF, now is it??

and since U wanna focus on them being "cannon fodder" do U think ALL of the GLs would get taken down easy, or just the no-names??

Tazer

quanchi112
Yo.

I have no idea how long; I didnt read much of it beyond the Nova -mini.

and of course, thats not PROOF, now is it??

and since U wanna focus on them being "cannon fodder" do U think ALL of the GLs would get taken down easy, or just the no-names??

Tazer i feel like when a mjor threat hits dc that green lanterns fail miserably. the no names fall easily. hal jordan and kyle rayner are very powerful. but the rest for the most part are filler.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i feel like when a mjor threat hits dc that green lanterns fail miserably. the no names fall easily. hal jordan and kyle rayner are very powerful. but the rest for the most part are filler.

It's obvious you dont' even know the Gls. There are more GL's who are powerful and have feats of thier own. You can't even name them.

llagrok
It's mentioned many times how the wave wasn't using lethal force against the heralds and it didn't take them long to capture terrax and to kill morg+air walker. You need to understand that capturing something is way harder than killing it.

quanchi112
It's obvious you dont' even know the Gls. There are more GL's who are powerful and have feats of thier own. You can't even name them. raker is another one who kicked the shit out of the skyfather known of as darkseid. i know his name.

quanchi112
It's mentioned many times how the wave wasn't using lethal force against the heralds and it didn't take them long to capture terrax and to kill morg+air walker. You need to understand that capturing something is way harder than killing it. now thats a good point. im only saying that in most sorries where have the corps in it there are mainly extras just getting crushed. as in infinte crisis and when they met doomsday.

llagrok
You don't think a lot of heralds would be cannon fodder if Galactus employed 7000 of them? I don't recall a lot of GLs being beaten easily in a straight up fight. You also need to keep in mind that their rings stop working if they try to employ lethal force. Which makes surviving a lot harder when they're fighting someone with killer intent.

Secondly, Sinestro corps sniped a lot of them and caught them off guard. Anyone can be caught off guard. Hell, you're using it as an excuse for why Thanos was killed.

quanchi112
You don't think a lot of heralds would be cannon fodder if Galactus employed 7000 of them? I don't recall a lot of GLs being beaten easily in a straight up fight. You also need to keep in mind that their rings stop working if they try to employ lethal force. Which makes surviving a lot harder when they're fighting someone with killer intent.

Secondly, Sinestro corps sniped a lot of them and caught them off guard. Anyone can be caught off guard. Hell, you're using it as an excuse for why Thanos was killed. im not tlaking abour cheapshots. im talking about sbp going through them like ntohing and doomsday. i never brought up cheapshot kills.

quanchi112
oh and galactus doesnt need 7000. thats overkill and they wouldnt be able to be stopped pretty much. the corps needs numbers becuz of the weaklings who got into the ranks here.

llagrok
I don't think you understand how powerful Doomsday and Sbp were :/

quanchi112
I don't think you understand how powerful Doomsday and Sbp were :/ yeah it took superman a motherbox and waverider to beat him. sbp it took two supermen along with some help. green lanters just got killed off like weakilings. nothing unusual there.

llagrok
Stop making baseless statements.

It didn't take two supermen, it took almost every god damn hero in the DC verse. SBP even escaped the Phantom zone, how many do you know that can punch their way out in two seconds?

Tazer
Yo.

i feel like when a mjor threat hits dc that green lanterns fail miserably. the no names fall easily. hal jordan and kyle rayner are very powerful. but the rest for the most part are filler.

as an example, how many major threats have hit the DCU that U can name, and have shown the GLC fail miserably in dealing w/it??

Tazer

quanchi112
Stop making baseless statements.

It didn't take two supermen, it took almost every god damn hero in the DC verse. SBP even escaped the Phantom zone, how many do you know that can punch their way out in two seconds? it took more than that if u would read what i typed. im saying they actually got the job done while the lanterns secured him afterwards. big whoop.

quanchi112
Yo.

as an example, how many major threats have hit the DCU that U can name, and have shown the GLC fail miserably in dealing w/it??

Tazer parallax,sbp crushed some sissy lanetrns, and doomsday killed them by the scores.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>