Millars new Project ....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermanluv
I really enjoyed his Ult FF4 run, and with Hitch doing the art its sure to be epic, even though we'll probably see about two issues a year !

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Marvel/Millar_Hitch.html

Disappear
2008 can't come soon enough.

Supermanluv
Waid on Flash
Ellis on Astonoshing and T.Bolts
Morisson on the Crisis and Batman
Millar on the FF4.

Its a bit of a Dream line up if you ask me ! smile

Validus
You're being way generous with the 2 issues a year prediction.

llagrok
Wizard said that Stan Lee was coming back to help with F4. Wonder when we'll see that.

Disappear
stan's writing a fantastic four mini-series, supposedly of classic style and whatnot.

grey fox
Anyone notice the Giant Captain America-bot....

Grimm22
I don't know what Millar is going to do to the FF, but i'm not sure I like it sad

I would rather have McDuffie on the book than Millar, not because I don't like Millar, but he just isn't suited for FF if you ask me erm

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Anyone notice the Giant Captain America-bot....
.....yeah... laughing out loud

Supermanluv
Originally posted by Grimm22
I don't know what Millar is going to do to the FF, but i'm not sure I like it sad

I would rather have McDuffie on the book than Millar, not because I don't like Millar, but he just isn't suited for FF if you ask me erm

I disagree Immensly. Mc Duffie is a non proven entity who has produced some above Average stories in a cartoon. On the other hand, Millar is on the borderline of greatness. His respective Wolverine and Ultimates runs where exceptional, and Red Son was one of the best Superman stories ever produced. In the case of UFF 4 it was almost as if his hands whereb shackled, especially towards the end of his run, and it too was above Average. I think he's moe thans suitable for the job.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Supermanluv
I really enjoyed his Ult FF4 run, and with Hitch doing the art its sure to be epic, even though we'll probably see about two issues a year !

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Marvel/Millar_Hitch.html

Sounds great. Can't wait for it to come out.

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
.....yeah... laughing out loud

If he returns like that i'll headbutt the PC screen out of sheer awesome.

marvelprince
I cant' friggin wait. McDuffie's run has been a snoozefest (no offense, cause I really do like him. I loved Beyond! and can't wait for his JLA) but I think Millar is perfect for this book. I think he really gets the team. He wrote them stellar in Civil War and I think his big ideas are perfect for the title. The way he had Reed send the kids forward in time to protect them from Wolverine in Enemy of the State and had the Baxter Buildings defenses based on the human immune system in CW is exactly the kind of ideas that NEED to be in the FF.

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
If he returns like that i'll headbutt the PC screen out of sheer awesome.

laughing

You'd have to film that and put it on youtube thumb up

Supermanluv
Originally posted by marvelprince
I cant' friggin wait. McDuffie's run has been a snoozefest (no offense, cause I really do like him. I loved Beyond! and can't wait for his JLA) but I think Millar is perfect for this book. I think he really gets the team. He wrote them stellar in Civil War and I think his big ideas are perfect for the title. The way he had Reed send the kids forward in time to protect them from Wolverine in Enemy of the State and had the Baxter Buildings defenses based on the human immune system in CW is exactly the kind of ideas that NEED to be in the FF.

Too true ! The only guy id rather have do FF4 is Morisson. But his bilogical monkey clone will suffice for the moment !

Disappear
i think having morrison's drug-induced pseudo-sciences in an FF book would come off as more pretentious than the book would need. maybe it's just me, but i get really sick of seeing his random "creative" ideas popping up all over the place. all-star superman's been full of 'em, and while i like the book in parts, it's a pain in others.

millar might take a few months once the ball gets rolling, but i'm sure he'll do us proud.

Supermanluv
Originally posted by Disappear
i think having morrison's drug-induced pseudo-sciences in an FF book would come off as more pretentious than the book would need. maybe it's just me, but i get really sick of seeing his random "creative" ideas popping up all over the place. all-star superman's been full of 'em, and while i like the book in parts, it's a pain in others.

millar might take a few months once the ball gets rolling, but i'm sure he'll do us proud.

I totally agree, which is why I found the Invisible so infuriating. Its clear that Morissons mind really doesn't work like anyone elses, that or he creates themes by randomely pulling words out of hat.

grey fox
Originally posted by willRules
laughing

You'd have to film that and put it on youtube thumb up

It's not just Caps return however, but the fact that he could finally use 'The Touch' and get away with it* rock

*It's a well known fact that if your not a giant robot , using the 'The Touch' as a theme-song will cause you to get your ass whupped.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Disappear

Well think it would certainly be better suited for some other books he's worked on rather than say X-Men or Superman. FF is a book where you really NEED over the top ideas like that.

grey fox
Originally posted by marvelprince
Well think it would certainly be better suited for some other books he's worked on rather than say X-Men or Superman. FF is a book where you really NEED over the top ideas like that.

Have to agree, Reeds intelligence is both wacky AND over the top. Thus W&O inventions are a must.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.