Spectre---vs---Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evo
Spectre vs Parallax

Sundipped
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Spectre eject the Parallax entity out of Hal?

Anyway I'm still going with Spectre.

Galan007
Spectre. no expression

Kutulu
Spectre, of course.

Erik-Lensherr
Hal Jordan stated that the power Parallax posessed compared to Spectre's is like a flickering candle besides and exploding sun . wink

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Hal Jordan stated that the power Parallax posessed compared to Spectre's is like a flickering candle besides and exploding sun . wink

Johns wrote that issue? big grin

kevdude
Spectre, easily

guy222
Originally posted by Evo
Spectre vs Parallax

Spectre

quanchi112
spectre wins

King Kandy
Umm, the two actually fought, right? And It wasn't anything close to a curbstomp.

Merlyn
Originally posted by King Kandy
Umm, the two actually fought, right? And It wasn't anything close to a curbstomp. It may not have been a curbstomp, but Spectre was fighting a being who had ALL the energy of the Central Battery.

Parallax could erase/create Universes with ease, and Spectre still won decisively. smile

quanchi112
here one for you all.

am>spectre>parallax.

Estacado
Originally posted by King Kandy
Umm, the two actually fought, right? And It wasn't anything close to a curbstomp.
Hal also fought a Jokerised Parallax as Spectre and he humiliated him....
http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ej4.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2is2.jpg

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
here one for you all.

am>spectre>parallax.
Nope.
Hal as Spectre would own Anti-Monitor without any effort.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Estacado
Hal also fought a Jokerised Parallax as Spectre and he humiliated him....
http://img472.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1ej4.jpg
http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2is2.jpg What comic is that from?

Estacado
Originally posted by Merlyn
What comic is that from?
Spectre v4 10 IIRC.
And he was just begining to understand his powers then.....

Merlyn
Spectre v4 10 IIRC.
And he was just begining to understand his powers then..... Sweet!

Thanks! happy

Estacado
Sweet!

Thanks! happy
No prob.thumb up

quanchi112
Nope.
Hal as Spectre would own Anti-Monitor without any effort. no way. am would beat and make nim comatsoe as jim corrigan. sorry but am is superior to the spctre until they retocon him down.

Estacado
no way. am would beat and make nim comatsoe as jim corrigan. sorry but am is superior to the spctre until they retocon him down.
It's clear you haven't read Spectre v4 anyway I'm not going to argue you since it's useless..because you have no knowledge on Spectre and you are biased and you can't give good arguements you are like a parrot who keeps repeating the same stuff over and over again.

quanchi112
It's clear you haven't read Spectre v4 anyway I'm not going to argue you since it's useless..because you have no knowledge on Spectre and you are biased and you can't give good arguements you are like a parrot who keeps repeating the same stuff over and over again. has the spectre almost destroyed the multiverse. oh thats right he didnt. did the spectre stop krona in avengers jla crossover. nope but h helped keep the earths sraparated. u fail as am was the biggest thing that ever hit the dc universe.

Juntai
Spectre>Parallax w/ Battery>Anti-Monitor in sheer power.

batdude123
LOL @ quanchi

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Parallex.

shuriken

Skeets
Originally posted by batdude123
LOL @ quanchi
Hater.

kevdude
laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Hater.

Paying for Femme's "services": $200

The amount of money Validus spends at a comic store everyday: $1000

Your two cents: worthless

vin

Skeets
Paying for Femme's "services": $200

The amount of money Validus spends at a comic store everyday: $1000

Your two cents: worthless

vin
You pay for Femme?

Loser.

batdude123
You pay for Femme?

Loser.

That's her standard fee. She makes you pay at least a thousand.

Skeets
That's her standard fee. She makes you pay at least a thousand.
Not me,It's on the house...31

Symmetric Chaos

Well it's on something at least.

Skeets
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well it's on something at least.
Batdude's house...

batdude123

You don't have to cover it up. I already know she's making you pay 5x what she's actually worth.

Skeets
You don't have to cover it up. I already know she's making you pay 5x what she's actually worth.
Do I look like Peaches?
I pays nada...

batdude123
Do I look like Peaches?
I pays nada...

No, you look like a douchebag who pays five times the normal fee.... 31

Skeets
No, you look like a douchebag who pays five times the normal fee.... 31
My normal fee is $0 so (0 x 5 = 0)

Pwnt...herbnone

batdude123
My normal fee is $0 so (0 x 5 = 0)

Pwnt...herbnone

Tack on two more zeros and then place a one in front of them, and that's your normal fee... ****. herbnone

Skeets
Tack on two more zeros and then place a one in front of them, and that's your normal fee... ****. herbnone
Mad cause I gets this for free? herbhappy

You should be...

batdude123
Mad cause I gets this for free? herbhappy

You should be...

I'm feeling pity for someone who just can't admit he's so hideous that even with Femme's promiscuity, he has to pay 1000 dollars for her to sleep with him.

And that someone is you. herbhappy

Skeets
I'm feeling pity for someone who just can't admit he's so hideous that even with Femme's promiscuity, he has to pay 1000 dollars for her to sleep with him.

And that someone is you. herbhappy
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/report.gif

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Juntai
Spectre>Parallax w/ Battery>Anti-Monitor in sheer power.

Um......no. Spectre>AM>Parallax.

AM destroyed the central battery and turned it's power back onto itself.

Juntai
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Um......no. Spectre>AM>Parallax.

AM destroyed the central battery and turned it's power back onto itself. There's a difference between the battery as a stationary object, and someone using it as a source of power. Parallax was able to destroy and create universes.

But either way, that's all relative to opinion I guess. The important part is recognizing Spectre as above both. big grin

Nikkolas
This is one reason I never got why people say Hal was stronger than Jim as Spectre.

Did he fight any mega powers on the level of Parallax with the Central Battery or the Anti-Monitor?

Skeets
Originally posted by Nikkolas
This is one reason I never got why people say Hal was stronger than Jim as Spectre.

Did he fight any mega powers on the level of Parallax with the Central Battery or the Anti-Monitor?
Hal wasn't the Spectre for 50+ years,like Jim was...

quanchi112
how does anyone think the spectre is more powerful than am. he lost and needed everyones help for the win. shame shame.

am greatest threat the dc universe has ever known.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Juntai
There's a difference between the battery as a stationary object, and someone using it as a source of power. Parallax was able to destroy and create universes.

But either way, that's all relative to opinion I guess. The important part is recognizing Spectre as above both. big grin From a remote location, AM manipulated the energies of the CB, and turned those energies back on the Guardians.

The energies AM manipulated were the same that Parallax housed.

So I'd tend to agree with Trickster...

Spectre > AM(But not by much) stick out tongue > Parallax.

quanchi112
From a remote location, AM manipulated the energies of the CB, and turned those energies back on the Guardians.

The energies AM manipulated were the same that Parallax housed.

So I'd tend to agree with Trickster...

Spectre > AM(But not by much) stick out tongue > Parallax. spectre used various sorcered magics and all that tp help him in trying to defeat the am. he needed other power sources as well. am couldnt be stiopeed by the spectre alone. hence he spectre had lots of help.

Erik-Lensherr
Let's get a few things clear :

Spectre (Pre-Crisis) had infinite power and was omnipotent . This was stated , but due to the fact that he failed to stop the Crisis , God depowered him and stripped him of his omnipotence . In Spectre v2 , we clearly see a weakened Spectre struggling against beings not as powerfull as Anti-Monitor for example . Unlike in v2 , in Spectre v3 he is written clearly more powerfull , twoards the end of the series even entering the Source and then experiencing how it is to be God , literally becoming the Presence . In Spectre v4 (Hal's run on the Spectre) , he also became debatably more powerfull than he previously was in v3 , and he still had a lot to learn in controlling and using Spectre's power . It was also stated that the power he had as Parallax is like a flickering candle next to an exploding sun , that is Spectre . Next followed Day of Vengeance where he was jobbed and made look pretty pathetic and thereafter he bonded with Crispus Allen , currently being stated to be omnipotent , but we haven't really seen him do something big yet .
So as you can see , since his depowerment in Crisis on Infinite Earths he became more and more powerfull , practically returning to how he formerly was .There is no doubt that Spectre was more powerfull than Anti-Monitor , without the help of any outside source and there's also no doubt that he was stronger than Parallax . As for Anti-Monitor vs Parallax , Anti-Monitor is most likely stronger .

Estacado
how does anyone think the spectre is more powerful than am. he lost and needed everyones help for the win. shame shame.

am greatest threat the dc universe has ever known.
Because you are dumb....

Evil_Ash
Because you are dumb....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/truth.gif

Galan007
am couldnt be stiopeed by the spectre alone. Huh? confused

In a nutshell,

AM journeyed to the beginning of time, in an attempt to destroy all creation, before it was created. all that ever existed].

Spectre prevented AM from accomplishing this task.

Thus, Spectre did stop AM. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
Huh? confused

In a nutshell,

AM journeyed to the beginning of time, in an attempt to destroy all creation, before it was created. all that ever existed].

Spectre prevented AM from accomplishing this task.

Thus, Spectre did stop AM. smile he didnt stop him permanently he stoped this action. superman stopped him permanently.

Galan007
he stoped this action. This is what I was talking about. smile

quanchi112
This is what I was talking about. smile but my point has always been that am was still a menace and still needed to be dealt with.
spectre remained comatose and didnt actively participate in his death.

Galan007
but my point has always been that am was still a menace and still needed to be dealt with.
spectre remained comatose and didnt actively participate in his death. Spectre stopped AM's action of obliterating creation from it's starting point.

So this "in general" statement you made:Originally posted by quanchi112
am couldnt be stiopeed by the spectre alone.

Was incorrect. smile

quanchi112
Spectre stopped AM's action of obliterating creation from it's starting point.

So this "in general" statement you made:

Was incorrect. smile killed. am couldnt be killed by spectre alone. it took spectres actions and the actions of darkseid,luthor,superman ,etc to put an end to this menace once and for all.

translation:spectre needed lots of help.

quanchi112
Because you are dumb.... reported

Captain REX
Because you are dumb....

Are you thick, Estacado? I told you the last time that you need to knock it off.

starlock
I read a match up of the two in zero hour
Parallax beat spectre while fighting the heroes of DC, why is that battle not an indication of who would win?

Parallax for the win...unless someone clears up the zero hour battle

Erik-Lensherr
No he didn't .

Firstly because he didn't beat Spectre . And secondly because Hal , the one who experienced both powers , said that in comparison to the Spectre , Parallax's power is like a flickering candle next to an exploding sun .

starlock
No he didn't .

Firstly because he didn't beat Spectre . And secondly because Hal , the one who experienced both powers , said that in comparison to the Spectre , Parallax's power is like a flickering candle next to an exploding sun .

Maybe the trade paperback is different? i see spectre beaten by hal...Kyle referencing spectre's sacrifice....spectre was beat IMO

Hal only knows so much...since spectre had a hard time seperating Parallax from hal and himself, in rebirth spectre makes a reference to why he brought hal to him as a host...but needed hal to help seperate them..if memory serves me right

Parallax for the win...i see spectre defeated in zero hour

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by starlock
Maybe the trade paperback is different? i see spectre beaten by hal...Kyle referencing spectre's sacrifice....spectre was beat IMO

Hal only knows so much...since spectre had a hard time seperating Parallax from hal and himself, in rebirth spectre makes a reference to why he brought hal to him as a host...but needed hal to help seperate them..if memory serves me right

Parallax for the win...i see spectre defeated in zero hour

Hal was spent and exhausted while in the end Spectre appears and pumps enough energy to make another big bang . Spectre wasn't beaten .
And the fact that Spectre was trying to separate Hal from Parallax literally has nothing to do with my point . It's stated and done by Hal who experienced both powers that Spectre > Parallax .

starlock
Hal was spent and exhausted while in the end Spectre appears and pumps enough energy to make another big bang . Spectre wasn't beaten .
And the fact that Spectre was trying to separate Hal from Parallax literally has nothing to do with my point . It's stated and done by Hal who experienced both powers that Spectre > Parallax .

No Problem you have your view and i have mine..

guy222
Spectre vs Parallax

http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409202_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_14.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409203_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_15.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409204_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_16.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409205_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_17.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409206_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_21.jpg http://s2d2.turboimagehost.com/t/409207_36_Zero_Hour_00_Page_22.jpg

OneDumbG0
Ah, an old favorite. I'm sure it'll stir up another hornet's nest, guy222. Not going to get into it now. I'll just say that 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' made it clear Spectre's vengeance powers were useless against Parallax for many years. Since the thread doesn't have Hal Jordan fighting his fears, then I don't see a non-fully backed, hosted Spectre winning. And just to throw some fuel onto the fire as I make my ninja escape; in case you think on-panel evidence fails to support it...

... DC thinks the same way and has confirmed it, post-Rebirth:

shifty

quanchi112
Parallax wins this all day.

guy222
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Ah, an old favorite. I'm sure it'll stir up another hornet's nest, guy222. Not going to get into it now. I'll just say that 'Green Lantern: Rebirth' made it clear Spectre's vengeance powers were useless against Parallax for many years. Since the thread doesn't have Hal Jordan fighting his fears, then I don't see a non-fully backed, hosted Spectre winning. And just to throw some fuel onto the fire as I make my ninja escape; in case you think on-panel evidence fails to support it...

... DC thinks the same way and has confirmed it, post-Rebirth:

shifty

I posted the scans so ppl could see the battle. Whether u like DC or Marvel, remember its just a comic. Some of us will choose a character to win all the time

I'd loved Hal as Parallax. I'm a big Spectre fan

I have the scans as well

OneDumbG0
Oh, I wasn't directing my opinions at you, guy222. Just to the eventual pro-Spectre rally that'll come around. And I think that the usual DC vs. Marvel bias won't taint this thread. Since... it's DC vs. DC. stick out tongue

guy222
Have a good one

fangirl101
Spectre. As DC clearly is about to show us, the Spectre's powers are limitless.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
Spectre. As DC clearly is about to show us, the Spectre's powers are limitless. When they fought the Spectre needed help. Prove his powers are limitless.

fangirl101
When they fought the Spectre needed help. Prove his powers are limitless.
Hal Jordan compares both powers. Parallax was burned out from his fight. The Spectre appears not harmed nor weakened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.