What did you like about Chewbacca?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
I'm going to respond with one nice thing at a time. For Chewie, I liked how tall he was.smile

Darth Daft
Yeah, me too. I stood by the costume at an exhibition. I also like the way he could easily tear Han to bits, but still listens to every single word he says. I wonder how different his character would have been if he could speak English.

Xizor
I like how is loyalty and dedication carry over from Han to Leia and the kids. He unquestioningly defends these humans at all times.

UnknownBountyHunter
Xizor, I hope your referring to EU books on that. This is still due to his devotion to Han, but the thing I like about chewie is his loveable character, along with his vicious defending tactics towards others. Even though he has owed Han a life debt, I feel he has forgotten all about it, and just developed into Han's best friend and treats him as a hairless, short, brother. smile

Darth Daft
Yes I agree. I believe that Chewie has already saved Han countless times and vice-versa, so no more life debts are really needed as they are practically equal. They just stick with each other as partner-smugglers and friends.

Xizor
While I agree that they've each saved eachother countless times since Han first freed Chewie,the life debt still stands. Thats b/c Wookies owe a life debt not untill they save the persons life(like MFreeman in Robin Hood) but until that persons life is up. Remember, Chewie owes Han his life's service untill and only untill Han himself dies. Another thing I liked about Chewie is how he can understand Basic but not speak it, and how Han can understand Wookie but not speak it. I was referring to EU in my last post.

Darth Daft
Ah, thanx for the info. Another thing I like about Chewie is how at first he can seem like a gentle helpless little creature like he does in ANH on the Deathstar and then the next minute he can be an enraged beast that will easily rip a man's arm off.

Xizor
I liked how Lucas made a creature that could eaily have become your typical gorilla/mad beast or teddy bear into such an intelligent intricate character. He's an expert pilot with a complexe personality and a vast range of emotions.

Darth Daft
I like the way how he looks like a cross between a dog and a cat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.