Doctor Doom vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Fight takes place in a busy city.

Who wins?

Priest
Doom every time.

endrict
I am still trying to think on how to make it even.

Priest
Originally posted by endrict
I am still trying to think on how to make it even.
even with out dooms armor, Colossus would still get pwned via magic.

Sandai Kitetsu
Doom owned the entire X-men before. What chance does one X-men stand?

gogogadgetgo
why? why? why????!!!! what's with the colossus hate?

Sai1
Originally posted by Priest
even with out dooms armor, Colossus would still get pwned via magic.

Isn't Colossus immune to magical attacks?

Evo
Colossus has class 100 strength while armored, but people like Thing & Magneto were able to knock Colossus out of his armored form with one hit. Afer out of his armor he is done for and Im sure Doom can get him out of armored form.

llagrok
Originally posted by Evo
Colossus has class 100 strength while armored, but people like Thing & Magneto were able to knock Colossus out of his armored form with one hit. Afer out of his armor he is done for and Im sure Doom can get him out of armored form.

When did The Thing do that?

Evo
Originally posted by llagrok
When did The Thing do that?

I believe it was The Thing, let me go check.

Priest
Originally posted by Sai1
Isn't Colossus immune to magical attacks?
not too sure(i highly dbt its complete invuneralblity), but i really can't see him getting around the bands of Cytorack.

guy222

Who wins?

not piotr

Hitman911
Originally posted by Sandai Kitetsu
Doom owned the entire X-men before. What chance does one X-men stand?
so did Spiderman big grin

guy222
still doom

Bouboumaster
Colossus.... is DOOMED

llagrok
Originally posted by Hitman911

Not really.

golem370
In a fist fight Colossus should win

The Illuminati

Who wins?

no expression

Mindset
Originally posted by golem370
In a fist fight Colossus should win

You may be right, but why would Doom resort to just brute strength?

Erik-Lensherr
Doom.

Endrict Nuul
Yeah, this thread is shit......mod please lock this.

BlackJackal
Doom is ruthless.
He isn't above causing "collateral damage" to defeat his foes.
He's cunning, brilliant, completely without mercy.

Colossus is the Man, but Doom would out maneuver him every time.

snoopdogg
This thread is kinda wack. How in the hell is Colossus gonna pose a threat to Dr. Doom?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by golem370
In a fist fight Colossus should win I would even doubt that. Back when Doom tried to claim Mjolnir in Oklahoma or wherever, Thing bullrushed him and gave him a good haymaker to the face. Doom stood there with his chin slightly tilted to the side, mocked him and started fighting him. Doom's armor has had it's low points throughout history, but other than being smashed and torn apart by Sentry, I think Doom would perform admirably against Colossus in straight up H2H.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by snoopdogg
This thread is kinda wack. How in the hell is Colossus gonna pose a threat to Dr. Doom?

H2H only......

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I would even doubt that. Back when Doom tried to claim Mjolnir in Oklahoma or wherever, Thing bullrushed him and gave him a good haymaker to the face. Doom stood there with his chin slightly tilted to the side, mocked him and started fighting him. Doom's armor has had it's low points throughout history, but other than being smashed and torn apart by Sentry, I think Doom would perform admirably against Colossus in straight up H2H.

Exactly. Doom 10/10

Metalmanx
Colossus is, for the most part at least, pretty much immune to magic attacks. So Doom's magic would be pretty useless here.

Hand to hand, it could be a much closer match, but I'd give it to Colossus.

However, Doom's got a lot of other abilities. So, Doom wins.

darthgoober

The Illuminati
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Colossus is, for the most part at least, pretty much immune to magic attacks. So Doom's magic would be pretty useless here.

Hand to hand, it could be a much closer match, but I'd give it to Colossus.

However, Doom's got a lot of other abilities. So, Doom wins.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please show me where it says that Colossus is immune to magic.

golem370
Colossus did trade blows with Imperial Guard Gladiator for a bit before being knocked out by a falling building with seems pretty lame for his durability level.

millenium02
colossus chances of winning against doom is like " spiderman armwrestling w/ superman".. its 1/10... doom might just send a doombot just give colossus a fight..

DeathKap
Collossus is my fav X-man, but from what id know doom would get at least 9/10 if not every time.

darthgoober
I think that this scan pretty much sums up how a confrontation between the two should go...

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9458/neuraldisruptordv6.jpg

Endrict Nuul
Mods please lock this......

llagrok
Originally posted by The Illuminati
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Please show me where it says that Colossus is immune to magic.

Colossus immense resistance to magic has been displayed time upon time again.

Anyone who's steadily been reading X-men comics would know this.

snoopdogg
Colossus immense resistance to magic has been displayed time upon time again.

Anyone who's steadily been reading X-men comics would know this.

His body is shown to be resistant to magical spells:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossusresistspellunc241.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossusresistspellunc241-2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandSym.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/X-MenClanDestine2.jpg

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by darthgoober
I think that this scan pretty much sums up how a confrontation between the two should go...

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/9458/neuraldisruptordv6.jpg

lol Doom does not engage in fisticuffs youth.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by snoopdogg
His body is shown to be resistant to magical spells:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossusresistspellunc241.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/Colossusresistspellunc241-2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandSym.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20agillity%20and%20speed/X-MenClanDestine2.jpg Anathema to mystical forms. Interesting.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Hitman911

That isn't really a feat though. Everyone has owned the X-Men at some point.

wink

llagrok
Originally posted by DigiMark007
That isn't really a feat though. Everyone has owned the X-Men at some point.

wink

And Spider-man didn't really "own" them...

King Kandy
Prof X owned Spider-man.

DigiMark007
And Spider-man didn't really "own" them...

...a little bit he did. So did Wasp. I'm not sure which is funnier.

wink

OneDumbG0
^ Wasp. Definitely. Wolverine's reaction the second time around was priceless.

DigiMark007
Best arc ever for yours truly...my Spidey-loving, mutie-hating fanboy instincts didn't know where to start. There was just too much awesomeness to go around.

OneDumbG0
^ Well, I didn't enjoy it for those specific reasons. It was mainly Jim Shooter's amazing ability to give every single hero either: 1) a drawn out inner struggle and resolution; or 2) their own personal moment. Not only that, he drew these out directly from their own comics. He even managed to do this for most of the villains as well.

Just a number of things that Shooter presented:

- Storm's conflict with Prof X over her recent leadership and Prof X snubbing her.
- Wasp going solo to infiltrate Magneto.
- Absorbing Man's first feat of sticking pieces of himself back on and falling in love with Titania.
- Mr. Fantastic struggling with letting Galactus devour the planet to save trillions of future lives, but then fighting at the end because he wanted to see his family again (one of my personal favorites).
- Cap and Wolverine being the only ones to save the trapped villains at the end.
- Iron Man (Rhodes) struggling with his identity as the new Iron Man.
- Return of Klaw.
- First appearance of Titania and Volcana actually.
- Kang and Doom battling each other for supremacy over the villains.
- Magneto being an anti-hero and being portrayed very sensitively.
- Colossus falling in love with the alien and thereafter dumping Kitty. He even proved to be the final crucial unanimous vote to battle Doom.
- Spiderman's introduction to the black symbiote.
- Thing walking away from the FF.
- She-Hulk taking on the villains solo and nearly being killed and joining the FF.
- Hulk's famous 100 billion tons of mountain feat.
- Doom's most famous feats of absorbing Galactus' energy and Beyonder's power.

I could go on and on. But 'Secret Wars' is definitely at the top of my personal list as best comic storyline ever as well.

DigiMark007
Yeah, that's a crap-ton of cool character development and storylines to pack into 12 issues. A shame most current comics are far more minimalistic, and also less pages in issues and shorter story lengths (Crisis #1 = 12 issues, the last double-sized....Crisis #3 = 7 issues, all far less dense). The dense comics of yesteryear were delightful (any of Starlin's cosmic work, Thor's old series, a lot of Shooter's work, any classic like V for Vendetta, Watchmen, Sandman, etc.).

OneDumbG0
^ Some people didn't like it, but I thought 'Operation: Galactic Storm' was fantastic. It was the last time any comics event approached editorial perfection. The only issue that felt tacked on and out of place was Captain America #400, where the Supreme Intelligence makes Cap fight against all his foes all issue-long. Pure Cap wanking. But that had more to do with it being his centennial issue than anything else. But every other issue across Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Wonderman and Quasar was important and they flowed almost perfectly. No criss-crossing and stumbling over each other, unlike, say 'Our Worlds At War.' When's the last time any multiple cross-title comics event managed that?

As for more contained events, I think everyone agrees that 'Sinestro Corps War' was great. And I also enjoyed 'Earth X.' It approached 'Secret Wars' levels of awesomeness for me in characterization. The epic individual moments in 'Secret Wars' were really great. But the epic individual moments in 'Earth X,' especially towards the conclusion, were downright emotional. Black Bolt's final scream, Iron Man in Red Ronin's armor, Galactus Richards' arrival. Damn. 'Universe X' and 'Paradise X' couldn't follow up perfectly and sort of diluted it for me, but they had their moments too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.