Query: Why was Michael Richards figuratively crucified by his outburst...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
...while Bill Hicks saw no backlash for his behavior?

3r-_0pxR1kQ

Creshosk
Because Michael Richards comments and outburst was racially driven. He used racial slurs. The example you showed of Bill hicks is not quite the same.

Better question: Did people actually find that funny?

Victor Von Doom
Bill Hicks is an excellent stand-up comedian; Michael Richards isn't.

Is the reason.

Schecter
why? because he owned the shit out of her.

now if he just started screaming "ITS A CVNT!!! ITS A CVNT!!! LOOK!!! THE CVNT CAN SPEAK!!!" and something about them being raped 50 years ago, it would not have been hysterical. and it is.

in other words, this guy artfully diced her into pieces, while michael richards just came off like a retard with tourettes.

BackFire
Originally posted by Schecter

now if he just started screaming "ITS A CVNT!!! ITS A CVNT!!! LOOK!!! THE CVNT CAN SPEAK!!!" and something about them being raped 50 years ago, it would not have been hysterical.

Yeah it would have.

Schecter
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah it would have.
no it wouldnt have

FeceMan

now if he just started screaming "ITS A CVNT!!! ITS A CVNT!!! LOOK!!! THE CVNT CAN SPEAK!!!" and something about them being raped 50 years ago, it would not have been hysterical. and it is.

in other words, this guy artfully diced her into pieces, while michael richards just came off like a retard with tourettes.
Statement: FeceMan cannot comprehend how Bill Hicks, in screaming and running around, "artfully diced her to pieces."

dadudemon
Originally posted by FeceMan
Statement: FeceMan cannot comprehend how Bill Hicks, in screaming and running around, "artfully diced her to pieces."

Agreed.

I thought he should have been talked to immediatly by the venue boss and let him go. Totally unprofessional.

Schecter

volume? he says stuff you know.

tabby999

3r-_0pxR1kQ

Bill Hicks is dead man. Convict that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Agreed.

I thought he should have been talked to immediatly by the venue boss and let him go. Totally unprofessional. Not really, not sure if you are familiar with his style.

jaden101
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2WCGKb8ikRc

jim jeffries knows how to deal with extreme heckling

Zebedee
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah it would have.

Agreed

Schecter
the proof is in the audience's reaction. hicks had them cracking up and even turned it into more material which made the audience continue to crack up. michael richards became lord of the crickets and the whole audience walked out. i rest my case

Robtard
So it's alright to say racial slurs if they're said in an inventive and humorous way?

P.S. FeceMan is a "F@G"!

Schecter
Originally posted by Robtard
So it's alright to say racial slurs if they're said in an inventive and humorous way?

P.S. FeceMan is a "F@G"!

i dont know about it being alright. certainly would have helped the problem, maybe even made it nonexistant. i bet if he had come out on top like hicks did, there would be no issue today. and before anyone chimes in with "zomg hicks wasnt funny", it doesnt matter what you think. the audience continued laughing and was in complete hysterics. that means that as a comedian, hicks triumphed and richards just belly-up failed.

Robtard
So it's subjective?

I don't think what Richards said was funny, but I'm not willing to label him a racist simply because he spouted off a few racial slurs, especially considering the situation he was put in by the hecklers. Did he handle it wrong? Yea, I think he did.

Schecter
oh dont get me wrong. my opinion stands that richards just went on a fit and had a complete meltdown. i dont think he's a closet racist. he just wanted to hurt the prick who decided to ruin the show.

what i mean is that laughter is contaigious. my theory is that if richards had chosen his words better he just might have gotten away with screaming fearThe N-Wordfear as many times as he pleased.

i just dont think he has any of the calliber of wit which would be required to do even that. then again, maybe he was just having a ****ed up day to begin with and lost his mojo. who knows but him.

:edit: i editeded embarrasment

ragesRemorse
If a black comedian calls a white heckler a honkey or an uncle tom mother fu*ckin hick, they are considered funny envelope pushers.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If a black comedian calls a white heckler a honkey or an uncle tom mother fu*ckin hick, they are considered funny envelope pushers.

Welcome to America.

Schecter
ok, there is enough fallacy in this thread now to collapse the internet.

Creshosk
ok, there is enough fallacy in this thread now to collapse the internet. I didn't see any penis.

Röland
I don't think Richards is a racist, I just think he went nuts and didn't realize that what he was saying wasn't going to be considered funny. But no one brings up that when the two hecklers are leaving they call him a "f*cking cracker-ass mother-f*cker." and "f*cking white-boy."

Yeah Richards went overboard but comedians like Dave Chappelle, who I think is funny, make racist jokes about whites and blacks all the time yet he is considered a great comedian. Richards has one outburst and is labeled this horrible racist.

JacopeX
Micheal Richards had no reason to make racial statements.

Bill hicks however was defending himself and I understand that. And how about that audience? They did not mind. However, Micheal Richard's audience gave some of the fakest giggles I have ever heard.

Schecter
its called "nervous laughter" and really isnt a humorous response. proof being in the fact they most of them walked out.

Bardock42
I personally found both pretty funny.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Bardock42
I personally found both pretty funny.

You sir, are officially my favorite Nazi-Pedo.

Bardock42
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
You sir, are officially my favorite Nazi-Pedo. You, Sir, are officially my favourite person that randomly calls me nazi-pedo.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

You know, I think you are on to something there.

I bet everyone starts saying that now, all because of you.

FeceMan
Statement: FeceMan likes how Hicks yells that the woman should be taken to "somewhere that's good."

Victor Von Doom
Shall we stop talking in this way of the ****?

debbiejo
Statement: Though I was thinking of joining in... stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You know, I think you are on to something there.

I bet everyone starts saying that now, all because of you.

someone has to think of this stuff. It isnt my fault that i have original idea's

Goddess Kali
whose Bill Hicks ?

BackFire
no it wouldnt have

Would have.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Goddess Kali
whose Bill Hicks ?
Not mine.

debbiejo
Mine! I have a way with people.

ADarksideJedi
People have to be careful what to say on tv these days.We are not only losing our right to celebrating and be able to say different holidays but anything could be considered offended to those weak mined liberals.
I guess no tv would be the answear to this one.jm

Robtard
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
People have to be careful what to say on tv these days.We are not only losing our right to celebrating and be able to say different holidays but anything could be considered offended to those weak mined liberals.
I guess no tv would be the answear to this one.jm

Actually, it's the Conservatives who are for stricker censorship. Remember, it was people like Falwell who championed censorship laws.

FeceMan
Shall we stop talking in this way of the ****?
Statement: No.
Actually, it's the Conservatives who are for stricker censorship. Remember, it was people like Falwell who championed censorship laws.
Statement: Both conservatives and liberals have things that they would censor and things that they would not censor.

Suggestion: Ignore ADarkSideJedi, as she is dumb.

Robtard
Statement: No.

Statement: Both conservatives and liberals have things that they would censor and things that they would not censor.

Suggestion: Ignore ADarkSideJedi, as she is dumb.

Though your statement is true and your suggestion is sound, Conservatives are stricker than Liberals when it comes to censorship laws, generally speaking.

FeceMan
Link: http://billhicksrant.ytmnd.com/

dadudemon
Though your statement is true and your suggestion is sound, Conservatives are stricker than Liberals when it comes to censorship laws, generally speaking.

Though you were provoked into having to say something like that...thank you captain obvious...they are called CONSERVATIVES for a reason people!!

The Grey Fox
Bill Hicks is an excellent stand-up comedian; Michael Richards isn't.

Is the reason.

Bill Hicks FTW, it's not like he means any of it, he uses it to point out racial tolerance and poke fun and those who are racist etc.

Michael Richards isn't funny or using figurative language.

FeceMan
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Bill Hicks FTW, it's not like he means any of it, he uses it to point out racial tolerance and poke fun and those who are racist etc.

Michael Richards isn't funny or using figurative language.
Declaration: Bill Hicks meant every word of his outburst; he was not trying to be funny, as is evidenced by his second outburst in that same show.

Statement: Bill Hicks had a breakdown.

Schecter
bill hicks' meltdowns were funny. richard's was just the kind of thing which made everyone want to sidestep out of the club avoiding eye contact. proof: hicks' audience laughed. richards' walked out. simple as that.

Quiero Mota

Because sexist jokes are a lot more socially acceptable than racist jokes, especially Black jokes.

I really don't see a difference between the two, except that Bill Hicks didn't fly off the handle and was in control the whole time.

The Grey Fox
Declaration: Bill Hicks meant every word of his outburst; he was not trying to be funny, as is evidenced by his second outburst in that same show.

Conformation: Sadly that is mostly true...

Rebuttal: He didn't mean every word of it, like 'Hitler had the right idea', he said things like that because he was having a breakdown. I think most people who have gone mental and ranted have said at least one thing that they didn't mean.

Conclusion: Hicks apologised for his behaviour. Richard's didn't (to the best of my knowledge) and he was actually racist, rather than having a breakdown.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Conformation: Sadly that is mostly true...

Rebuttal: He didn't mean every word of it, like 'Hitler had the right idea', he said things like that because he was having a breakdown. I think most people who have gone mental and ranted have said at least one thing that they didn't mean.

Conclusion: Hicks apologised for his behaviour. Richard's didn't (to the best of my knowledge) and he was actually racist, rather than having a breakdown. R-richards apologized.

The Grey Fox
The best of my knowledge wasn't so informed then.

Fair enough, apologising goes towards being forgived so, I guess that's one mark on Richard's side.

Victor Von Doom

That's partially why it's funny though. It's not to do with difference in intent, only in delivery.

Devil King

3r-_0pxR1kQ

I thought it was the opposite. I thought the pan-world government infected him with cancer to silence his truth-to-power comedy act?

Council#13
Originally posted by Devil King
I thought it was the opposite. I thought the pan-world government infected him with cancer to silence his truth-to-power comedy act?

Heck, I don't know. All I know is that someone needs to tell Bill O'Reilly to sit down and stay quiet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.