Batman Anime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
Apperently DC is going to launch a series of Anime bridging the gap between Begins and Dark Knight.
Said to have some of the top talent in Anime.

jinzin
punk

Well I'm on board.

xNIXSONx
as long as the art direction isnt like Teen Titans, or Fairly Odd Parents, or Powerpuff Girls, or Danny Phantom, i should be cool about it

Ultimate Hulk43
The animation in those shows (except PowerPuff girls) is great but the animation should be something like in the show 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The animation in those shows (except PowerPuff girls) is great but the animation should be something like in the show 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'.

the art direction of those shows aint 'bad', with Transformers the new animated series taking into that direction too, but it would be nice to see different art styles within cartoons/anime.

Something like that one anime in the animatrix with the kid jumping off the building, and the linkin park's breaking the habit music video would be cool too

Ultimate Hulk43
I want to see animation for the new anime Batman show that resembles the 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' show.

Quinlan-Vos
Anime...? Oh god... freakin' Poke-Batman... great...

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Quinlan-Vos
Anime...? Oh god... freakin' Poke-Batman... great...

if this is new to you, there was "The Batman" show, where it was the animators of Teen Titans doing it...

Ultimate Hulk43
This show will probably be much better than 'The Batman' show.

Myth
Hopefully they don't do the same thing they did with ninja turtles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMfb60lc14

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I've seen some of what this should look like. Its gonna be great. I'm buying at least two copies when this comes out.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm looking forward to this show because I want to see what kind of animation they'll use. It should be something similar to the animation used in the show 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'. I want to be blown away by this cartoon.

Any news on the cast? Will it be the same cast from the movie or an entirely new cast?

Joker1237
We do have a Anime Batman. Its called "The Batman".
And it suck. Badly.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Joker1237
We do have a Anime Batman. Its called "The Batman".
And it suck. Badly.

I think you're judging this idea too quickly...

What makes The Batman "bad" is the writing, not animation... The animation on The Batman is better than that on BTAS... The characters move more fluidly

What makes BTAS good is it's writing... It's interpretations...

So I think an anime version of Batman, based on Nolan's world, is a great idea... Good animation with solid storytelling... I'll definitely buy a copy, so I have a "complete" story, Batman Begins, Batmanime (the unofficial title I gave it), TDK, Batmanime Dos (if the first is good and successful), and SOTB...

Joker1237
Well of couse BTAS animation is less fluidly. We talking about a cartoon from the early 90's. It was a step up from He-man though.

Firelord Ozai
The animation for Batman: TAS wasn't bad at all, it was dark & it worked & that series ended up being the best Batman cartoon series thus far & probably the best Batman cartoon series there ever will be.

Joker1237
True, what makes The Batman fail imo, is not the bad stories, though that plays a part, but the BAD designs. Thats what hurt it pretty bad. Joker with no shoes, Penguin with yellow hair?? Charles Mason Riddler??? Dog Catwoman??(She looks more like a Dog than a Cat imo)

Firelord Ozai
I rather like some of the designs but the Joker should've been more true to the comic than he is.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I think you're judging this idea too quickly...

What makes The Batman "bad" is the writing, not animation... The animation on The Batman is better than that on BTAS... The characters move more fluidly

What makes BTAS good is it's writing... It's interpretations...

So I think an anime version of Batman, based on Nolan's world, is a great idea... Good animation with solid storytelling... I'll definitely buy a copy, so I have a "complete" story, Batman Begins, Batmanime (the unofficial title I gave it), TDK, Batmanime Dos (if the first is good and successful), and SOTB...

co-signed.

Joker1237
So you like Catwoman's design?? Or Riddler's?? Or Big head Batgirl?? Her head is bigger than her body lol.

Dont get me wrong, there are some amazing designs in the show, Like Gordon and Robin. But 50 percent of em are awful.

Firelord Ozai
Batgirl? No. Catwoman & other's? Yes.

sindahouse
Originally posted by Myth
Hopefully they don't do the same thing they did with ninja turtles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMfb60lc14

LOl, Mate what did they do to the ninja turtles.....lol.. What a pissa!!!

The way I see it, it could go two ways. It'll suck or it will be nutz.. It all depends on the producer, director, story writer & animation technique.

I'm hoping it wil be good. We'll have to wait and see..

Bat Dude
True, what makes The Batman fail imo, is not the bad stories, though that plays a part, but the BAD designs. Thats what hurt it pretty bad. Joker with no shoes, Penguin with yellow hair?? Charles Mason Riddler??? Dog Catwoman??(She looks more like a Dog than a Cat imo)

While the Joker does have an AWFUL design, I kinda like Riddler's... While it looks bad on paper, but it actually works out in motion... That, coupled with the great, sympathetic story they gave him, makes The Batman's Riddler the best villain on the show...

But anyway, what do you want to see from this? I definitely want to see...

Mr. Zsas have his own story

Scarecrow have his own story

Maybe an introduction to Sal Maroni

A modern day version of "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate"

A story about the Wayne's murder through the eyes of Joe Chill

An epilogue where there's been another murder, and when Batman gets there, he finds *pause for dramatic tension* a joker card (while this happens, we hear laughing)

Joker1237
Joker lol.

More true to the comics, more so than BTAS ever was.
Joker shots Batgirl.
No Man's land saga
Broken Bat
ete.

That will be neat imo.

SelinaAndBruce
So you like Catwoman's design?? Or Riddler's?? Or Big head Batgirl?? Her head is bigger than her body lol.

Dont get me wrong, there are some amazing designs in the show, Like Gordon and Robin. But 50 percent of em are awful.
The Catwoman design really offended me. She was not attractive at all

Spartan ll
Anime-Batman? Jeez, when the hell are they going to drop this anime crap and start going to back to the drawn cartoons like Batman: TAS? Now THOSE were good.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Anime-Batman? Jeez, when the hell are they going to drop this anime crap and start going to back to the drawn cartoons like Batman: TAS? Now THOSE were good.

To be REALLY honest, I'm kinda sick of Timm's character designs... I don't believe this crap that Timm/Dini/Radomski rule animated Batman, because that's just not true... Yes BTAS was AMAZING, but that ended a decade ago... It's time to look to the future of animated Batman... Making Batmanime is fresh and new, which also allows for new takes on designs, locations, etc. If Timm were doing this, we'd be seeing the same designs we saw a decade ago, and that gets stale fast... Evolution is good, so ultimately, if it's taken seriously, and has the kind designs in line with Cowboy Bebop, not Naruto, this could be a great idea...

Firelord Ozai
The anime should be something similar to either 'The Boondocks' or 'Avatar: The Last Airbender'. And Tim still rules the DCAU.

Spartan ll
To be REALLY honest, I'm kinda sick of Timm's character designs... I don't believe this crap that Timm/Dini/Radomski rule animated Batman, because that's just not true... Yes BTAS was AMAZING, but that ended a decade ago... I'm not. It's hell of a lot better than the big eyed, pointy nosed anime that they keep giving out today. Apparently, so did good animation...

How so? We get to see Batman/Bruce Wayne look like some pointy nosed goggle eyed freak? I would prefer Justice League-esque animation(My favorite Batman Animated design) over that crap.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Spartan ll
I'm not. It's hell of a lot better than the big eyed, pointy nosed anime that they keep giving out today. Apparently, so did good animation...

How so? We get to see Batman/Bruce Wayne look like some pointy nosed goggle eyed freak? I would prefer Justice League-esque animation(My favorite Batman Animated design) over that crap.

You're talking about stereotypical "Naruto" style anime... That kind of stuff wouldn't work for Batman...

But just look at Batman: Child of Dreams. It was a great Batman story, and what kind of art was used? Oh yeah, ANIME! That book had great art and it worked well, I recommend it... Overall, evolution into new territory is what's best for the character, but if people can't get over the fact that the DCAU is over and will never come back, fine. I can't change your mind...

Anyway, yeah, "The Boondocks" would be a great place to get the art style from... It's anime, but it has a western quality to it... That would work perfectly...

Firelord Ozai
Yep, they need to use "Boondocks" type animation, then we'd get more detailed fights & plus, it'd just look badass. I even think DBZ should've used that type of animation.

Quinlan-Vos
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
if this is new to you, there was "The Batman" show, where it was the animators of Teen Titans doing it... And that sucks...

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Quinlan-Vos
And that sucks...

Not necessarily... You forget that it's geared towards KIDS... And it's not that bad, watch the episode "A Matter of Family", or "Riddler's Revenge" because their really good... Watch season four, it's a huge improvement... When you watch The Batman, you have to watch it not as an adult, but as a kid... Because it's a KID'S SHOW... Some people don't understand that... Some people think that The Batman is trying to replace BTAS, and it's not... They are two different shows in two different universes that have two different premises...

And this thread is about the TDK prequel, not The Batman... So get back on topic... Please?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Not necessarily... You forget that it's geared towards KIDS... And it's not that bad, watch the episode "A Matter of Family", or "Riddler's Revenge" because their really good... Watch season four, it's a huge improvement... When you watch The Batman, you have to watch it not as an adult, but as a kid... Because it's a KID'S SHOW... Some people don't understand that... Some people think that The Batman is trying to replace BTAS, and it's not... They are two different shows in two different universes that have two different premises...

And this thread is about the TDK prequel, not The Batman... So get back on topic... Please?

More good words.

Spartan ll
You're talking about stereotypical "Naruto" style anime... That kind of stuff wouldn't work for Batman...

But just look at Batman: Child of Dreams. It was a great Batman story, and what kind of art was used? Oh yeah, ANIME! That book had great art and it worked well, I recommend it... Overall, evolution into new territory is what's best for the character, but if people can't get over the fact that the DCAU is over and will never come back, fine. I can't change your mind...

Anyway, yeah, "The Boondocks" would be a great place to get the art style from... It's anime, but it has a western quality to it... That would work perfectly... Not really. Just about every anime Ive seen has goggle eyes and pointy noses, that's what mostly differentiates it from West animated product.

So? Last time, I checked, art didn't make a book good, it's the STORY that makes the book good, you even mentioned it was a great story. I only liked the cover of CoD because it looked like the MK Batman and the story, the art sucked IMHO.

And where did I state that I wasn't over the fact that DCAU is over? Oh yeah, I DIDN'T! roll eyes (sarcastic) I am mearly expressing my opinion, don't go putting words in my mouth to somehow try to supplement your argument.

Firelord Ozai
I believe that 'The Batman' has great animation, I especially like the new take on the villains. But, with THIS Batman series, I'd like for whoever is working on the cartoon to make the villains stick to their comic book roots & take their time introducing the villains as well. Two or three part episodes for villains like in TAS would be best.

Bat Dude
Originally posted by Firelord Ozai
I believe that 'The Batman' has great animation, I especially like the new take on the villains. But, with THIS Batman series, I'd like for whoever is working on the cartoon to make the villains stick to their comic book roots & take their time introducing the villains as well. Two or three part episodes for villains like in TAS would be best.

It's not a series, just a prequel DTV... 6 original stories that tie loose ends between BB and TDK...

And Spartan, you were OBVIOUSLY complaining about BTAS being over and about "good animation" being over, so I was just making an observation... So don't go getting pissed because I made an observation...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I look forward to the Batman anime. I think the animation will be the best ever and I also think that the story and action will be great also.

Firelord Ozai
It's not a series, just a prequel DTV... 6 original stories that tie loose ends between BB and TDK...

And Spartan, you were OBVIOUSLY complaining about BTAS being over and about "good animation" being over, so I was just making an observation... So don't go getting pissed because I made an observation...

If it's received well by fans, I'm sure that the series will be continued.

Spartan ll

And Spartan, you were OBVIOUSLY complaining about BTAS being over and about "good animation" being over, so I was just making an observation... So don't go getting pissed because I made an observation... Yeah, I was, but nowhere did I mention the fact that I'm not over DCAU being done, did I? Next time, try make observations supported by facts before accusing me of something I didn't even mention in my post.

BlaxicanHydra
Just throwing it out there that "big eyed pointy noses" anime does not make up even 60-70% of the Anime that's out there. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to stereotype..

Bat Dude
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Just throwing it out there that "big eyed pointy noses" anime does not make up even 60-70% of the Anime that's out there. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to stereotype..

So true...

Firelord Ozai
Yep....

SnakeEyes
Anime Batman = phail.

Whatever happened to good old American artists doing cartoons? Seriously, it looked/looks SO much better than the anime shit (like Teen Titans) being produced.

Gregory
The "big eyed pointy noses"/"all the main characters look like girls" anime makes up the majority of stuff out there. If you want to claim it isn't the only stuff out there, that's fine, but don't exaggerate.

For my own part? Batman:TAS reaches a level of excellence that the vast majority of anime will never come even close to reaching. That doesn't mean that there should never be a Batman series in an anime style; but I do wonder about WB's motivation ... if they have a reason for doing it anime instead of Western-style, or if they just figured "F*ck it, lots of kids are watching that Japanese stuff, right? Let's do it like that."

atharpina
are they going to have the actors from the movies provide voice acting?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anime Batman = phail.

Whatever happened to good old American artists doing cartoons? Seriously, it looked/looks SO much better than the anime shit (like Teen Titans) being produced.

I think the Batman anime will be just fine.

HueyFreeman
While the Joker does have an AWFUL design, I kinda like Riddler's... While it looks bad on paper, but it actually works out in motion... That, coupled with the great, sympathetic story they gave him, makes The Batman's Riddler the best villain on the show...

But anyway, what do you want to see from this? I definitely want to see...

Mr. Zsas have his own story

Scarecrow have his own story

Maybe an introduction to Sal Maroni

A modern day version of "The Case of the Chemical Syndicate"

A story about the Wayne's murder through the eyes of Joe Chill

An epilogue where there's been another murder, and when Batman gets there, he finds *pause for dramatic tension* a joker card (while this happens, we hear laughing) The riddlers voice is Robert englund

Joseph_Kerr
The new Batman series didn't settle well with me at first. It wasn't until I bought the first season and watched it all the way through that I came around and actually liked it.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by Gregory
The "big eyed pointy noses"/"all the main characters look like girls" anime makes up the majority of stuff out there. If you want to claim it isn't the only stuff out there, that's fine, but don't exaggerate.

For my own part? Batman:TAS reaches a level of excellence that the vast majority of anime will never come even close to reaching. That doesn't mean that there should never be a Batman series in an anime style; but I do wonder about WB's motivation ... if they have a reason for doing it anime instead of Western-style, or if they just figured "F*ck it, lots of kids are watching that Japanese stuff, right? Let's do it like that."

Yes, because you've watched every anime out there and know this for a fact.

wait..

and TAS wasn't good because of the animation, the animation was so-so. It was good because of the plot and the way the characters were made, nothing more, nothing less.

JediSamuraiMRB
The official title is Batman: Gotham Knight.

apoc001
Well, it looks like it's going to have a different artistic style for every episode, so we might get some TAS stuf and we might get some Pokemon stuff. At least it's being directed by Bruce Timm, so we might still get some of the suspense generated in his previous works (not that his works have been terribly suspenseful, but there's actually some dramatic tension, as opposed to Teen Titans). Hopefully, they just stick to the comics for character designs and don't modernize/gothify any like they did in The Batman.

Gregory
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Yes, because you've watched every anime out there and know this for a fact.

wait..

Yes, yes I have.

An outrageous lie, you say? Still more than your argument deserved; do you realize that the exact same thing could be said of your statement earlier in the thread? That if you haven't seen every anime, you can't say which percentage looks like this, and which looks like that? If you get to estimate how much anime looks like what without seeing all of it, then so do I. Likewise when comparing quality.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
The riddlers voice is Robert englund

Freddy Kruger?

What ever happened to the Batman show.

Black Adam
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anime Batman = phail.

they're still doing them...they just opted to use flash to do most of their stuff nowadays.

and I'm pretty sure it was an American artist who did the designs for teen titans...they where crappy and what most people expect anime shows to look like but American nonetheless.

even timm has anime influences in his art style.

frankenfeltch
Teen Titans= American adaptation of conventional Japanese Anime.

I'm not a big anime fan, but a stylized-anime Batman set in Nolan's world could work great if they chose the write writing styles to go with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.