The End of the World

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Hulk43
Personally, I don't believe the world will end & even if it does, that doesn't mean the human race will become extinct but anyway, I don't believe in the end of the world.

colonelf40
What the f*ck are you talking about!? What the f**k?

BlaxicanHydra
He likes teh penis.

erm

JLred
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
He likes teh penis.

erm

laughing

I would hate to think the world will end...I recently saw a video that the world would end on my b-day in 2012...

Schecter
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Personally, I don't believe the world will end & even if it does, that doesn't mean the human race will become extinct but anyway, I don't believe in the end of the world.

well you are incorrect since all scientific evidence points to the apparent fact that the world will eventually end (popular opinion being in about 5 billion years). that and: fail

JLred
I would so try to save it...

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Schecter
well you are incorrect since all scientific evidence points to the apparent fact that the world will eventually end (popular opinion being in about 5 billion years). that and: fail

I still believe what I believed when I started this thread.

BlaxicanHydra
That you like teh penis?

dadudemon
The end of the world? By that, do you mean the end of a habitable biosphere?

In which case, it is very much possible that a the end of a habitable biosphere will occur. Very soon, all genomes of all living creatures will be catalogued and reproducible /clone-able in a lab somewhere, effectively resurrecting any species in any livable environment respective to that species.

JLred
Won't the sun fail?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tGkRqprXccY

Wait my b-day is on the 23...

but then again it all sounds like bullshit...

BlaxicanHydra
The Sun failing won't matter, the guys from Sunshine will save us.

JLred
I want to see that movie..I like Danny Boyle....and that dude from 28 Days LAter...

Yoshi Fanatic
confused

JLred
yo..

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by dadudemon
The end of the world? By that, do you mean the end of a habitable biosphere?

In which case, it is very much possible that a the end of a habitable biosphere will occur. Very soon, all genomes of all living creatures will be catalogued and reproducible /clone-able in a lab somewhere, effectively resurrecting any species in any livable environment respective to that species.

I'd rather have that then the world ending which I highly doubt will occur anyway.

BlaxicanHydra
if yo momma's fatass eclipses the sun then we'll all freeze to death.

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0!!

J00 GOT P'OWNED NYUKKA!!!

Violent2Dope
Well even if the world doesn't end by itself once our sun supernovas we all die.

Schecter
I'd rather have that then the world ending which I highly doubt will occur anyway.

you are a unique snowflake

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Well even if the world doesn't end by itself once our sun supernovas we all die.

I don't believe that bullcrap either.

Tangible God
Ruling out the ice capes melting, meteors becoming crashed into us, the sun exploding... we're probably going to blow ourselves up.

So--nuclear winter, everyone's dead except Australia, but they're still like, "WTF mate?" But they'll be dead soon... f*ckin' kangaroos.

BlaxicanHydra
lmfao. TG ftw.

dadudemon

Our son is not nearly massive enough to supernova...our son will produce a nova though. Will we really be recognizeable in a billion years? If we can survuve another 1000 years without destroying ourselves...we will create a god and this god could very well be the god that everyone calls God and that there really is a god.

BlaxicanHydra
Or we can just lay all our hopes on Britain. That's what we usually do in a crisis.

dadudemon
Or we can just lay all our hopes on Britain. That's what we usually do in a crisis.

Who is Britain? Have I ever met him or her?

BlaxicanHydra
Yeah, it's that dude/chick that gave you hepatitis B last week at the rave party.

Violent2Dope
I don't believe that bullcrap either. Believe it or not it's a fact that stars do it.

dadudemon
Yeah, it's that dude/chick that gave you hepatitis B last week at the rave party.

LIES!!! I got my shots stick out tongue

BlaxicanHydra
You should get your money back.

Ultimate Hulk43
Believe it or not it's a fact that stars do it.

I know stars do it but I just don't think our sun will do it. As stated above, our sun isn't big enough to produce a supernova.

dadudemon
You should get your money back.

I'm all out of whitty things to say...*shrugs*

Umm,

I know you are but what am I?

Imperial_Samura
I know stars do it but I just don't think our sun will do it. As stated above, our sun isn't big enough to produce a supernova.

It doesn't have to produce a supernova - our sun has a finite amount of fuel, like all suns, and it will one day die. When it does, whether it goes out with a bang or a whimper earth goes with it. Sun death = earth death.

Will humans still be alive? Who knows, it is a long way off.

Zebedee
Our son is not nearly massive enough to supernova...our son will produce a nova though. Will we really be recognizeable in a billion years? If we can survuve another 1000 years without destroying ourselves...we will create a god and this god could very well be the god that everyone calls God and that there really is a god.

Actually our sons Hydrogen will become Helium and eventually Iron a number of changes later. It will become an inert Iron ball floating in space. Fusion is fascinating.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Zebedee
Actually our sons Hydrogen will become Helium and eventually Iron a number of changes later. It will become an inert Iron ball floating in space. Fusion is fascinating.

It is. And even that scenario = dead earth.

We should all just face it - a few billions years from now earth will almost certainly be no more (in terms of supporting life at the very least). I know it is hard to accept, but at least we have time to come to terms with it.

whitewolfgurl
If you think about it, the world is on the verge of destruction. Global warming-melting icecaps-could flood the earth...hurricanes and tsunamis-watched a video that said they would keep destroying the land/coasts until there was none left-flood...Cloning-could overpopulate the earth...animals and people-we eat all food sources along with the animals and destroy ourselves...so the earth doesn't really have to explode or something to be destroyed.

botankus
It drizzled on Saturday. I sought shelter immediately. All these other morons around me continued on with their day.

inimalist
confused....

botankus
Sorry, I should have quoted the chick above me in that last post.

inimalist
that was more general confusion rather than specifically directed at you smile

lots of confused people here...

whitewolfgurl
laughing You got that right. I guess some people don't really want to think about the End as we put it so they kinda get confused. No offense to anyone! (not directed at you)

inimalist
roll eyes (sarcastic)...

whitewolfgurl
But yeah I've seen that video where it says the world shall end in 2012-2013 something close to that. And I'm beginning to think that it could....with all the problems that are going on today... sad

inimalist
/sigh

The Grey Fox

The world will 'end' once the sun gets too near or too far away, in a few million to billion years time.

JacopeX
How do we know when the world will end in reality?

Seems kinda BS-ish....

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by botankus
It drizzled on Saturday. I sought shelter immediately. All these other morons around me continued on with their day.

I know most mornings when I get up and see a frost I have to scream "you fools! Look what you have done!"

Of course we can't say for certain, just like we can't say for certain a person will die - something could happen sooner. But if it doesn't it will be the sun. And scientists have been able to develop a fairly likely life-cycle of the sun and about the time (a few billions years from now) when it will likely die.

As to the rest - things like global warming, if real, no matter how serious, will not be the end of the world.

Quiero Mota
The Discovery Channel says it will occur from an asteroid. The scientists base that on historical patterns, and the stats say it's inevitable.

edit: I'm talking about the end of humanity, not the earth itself.

Rogue Jedi
somehow I dont see the earth imploding like the death star.

Quiero Mota
I thought it exploded.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I thought it exploded.

Correct...

Jbill311
I find it amusing that the end of humanity in the form that we know it (televisions, cars, movies, computers) is seen as the end of the world. We do provide a majority of the population of humanity on earth, but there are other ways of life. Tribalism still thrives in the Amazon rainforest. (for further explanation, please, PLEASE read Daniel Quinn.)

If you are talking about the EXTINCTION of humanity, it is important to remember that good ol' President Georgie will have forcibly retained office and launched nukes at Iran, triggering a huge international exchange of nuclear weapons, rendering the totality of the human race either dead, or crippled with so many radiation caused genetic abnormallities that all will be dead within 2 generations.
-OR-
Our system of totalitarian agriculture will collapse and the Takers will return to a sustainable system of living.

Robtard
Originally posted by Jbill311
If you are talking about the EXTINCTION of humanity, it is important to remember that good ol' President Georgie will have forcibly retained office and launched nukes at Iran, triggering a huge international exchange of nuclear weapons, rendering the totality of the human race either dead, or crippled with so many radiation caused genetic abnormallities that all will be dead within 2 generations.

Huh? "Georgie" doesn't need (city destroying) nukes to take out Iran. In a war, current conventional bombs could destroy Iran's ability to effectively wage war in a few days.

This will most likely happen to some extent in the near future, I doubt George will leave office without taking some sort of action on Iran.

Imperial_Samura
The Discovery Channel says it will occur from an asteroid. The scientists base that on historical patterns, and the stats say it's inevitable.

edit: I'm talking about the end of humanity, not the earth itself.

Quite possible. And that is what I wish - that people would differentiate more between "end of humanity" and "end of the world" - they need not be the same.

He'd be a great deal more foolish then I would have given him credit for if he did without a damn good reason.

Pax Chizzic
If humanity survives another century without blowing ourselves up, we will probably develop technology capable of preventing any of the factors that we think will end the world.

ADarksideJedi
The world will end one day.How can you think that it would not?We will all be gone when the year 300 comes.In least judgement days come sooner then that.
There is no date.God has it all plan out when it happens.We just have to be on our guard!Could be tonight or tomorrow or a week from now.I think the scary thing is we will never know!jm

JLred
right before it happens we'll know...

some dude just killed his ex-wife in my small town...with a gun...

also some guy tape a boom box to is bike and is jamming out drunk...

i hate living in a stereotype-ish mexican community...

Rogue Jedi
I thought it exploded. It imploded, exploded from within. Both of them.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It imploded, exploded from within. Both of them.

If that makes you feel better.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
dont know when the world will end, but im sure humanity is nearing the cusp of it's time left. I'm sure an asteroid will do us in before our weapons and disdain do. After an asteroid strikes Earth Destroying every living thing save a few single celled organisms that will sirvive near the center of the Earth, existence will simply start over again. And in another 3 billion years or so, there will be another you posting this very same thread, and another me posting a very similar reply smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
dont know when the world will end, but im sure humanity is nearing the cusp of it's time left. I'm sure an asteroid will do us in before our weapons and disdain do. After an asteroid strikes Earth Destroying every living thing save a few single celled organisms that will sirvive near the center of the Earth, existence will simply start over again. And in another 3 billion years or so, there will be another you posting this very same thread, and another me posting a very similar reply smile

It would take several decades for humanity to become extinct...in the course of the first few years, people would build biodomes and humanity would survive. We are waaaay too smart to become extinct any time soon. A group of people somewhere, somehow, would survive ANYTHING that could be thrown at us...even an alien invasion. (The only exception is the instant destruction of the entire planet.)

Bat Dude
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but here's what I think are all the probable ways either humanity, or the Earth itself, can die (Note: Some cannot be avoided)...

Global Warming (we all know it's possible)

Rise of the Machines (I know, it's Terminator territory... I know it sounds far-fetched, but this can actually happen. Eventually, if technology is pushed far enough, and if A.I. is developed far enough, the A.I. will find humans ineffective as living beings and as workers, so they'll try to destroy us... Believe it if you want, but I think it sort of makes sense)

Meteor Impact (this can be avoided, if we survive long enough to update our technology, but not too much, as stated above)

Gamma Ray Burst (I heard about this on the History Channel, it has the power to destroy our atmosphere, and either we die from radiation from the sun, or from the scorching heat)

The Sun Dying (The sun will eventually exhaust it's power and expand into a Red Giant, which will expand out to Mars, completely destroying the Earth, Venus, and Mercury, then it will compact into a White Dwarf, very hot but very small, so small that the heat can not go out far, so eventually our solar system will become a giant icebox)

Universal Destruction (Heard about this on the History Channel, eventually our universe will expand so far out that the walls of the universe will collide, and will keep moving until it starts to crush itself, and will eventually compact from all the pressure... Of course, everything in the universe will be completely and utterly wiped from existence. If this is true, which I don't doubt, than it means that either existence is a multiverse, or that existence ends at that point)

Pandemic (It can happen, viruses move VERY fast, and if it's deadly enough...)

That's my thoughts... Some seem a little far-fetched, but I've heard about them from several sources, including the History Channel, MSNBC, Fox News, and from a science textbook...

Magee
Every time the radio signal cuts off or some websites stop working I think shit they been hit by an asteroid or nuked ufl bastards then one night I was sat up and I heard this roar like a jet in the distance but it was slowly getting lowder I was like shit thats the shockwave and 3 mile high tidal wave coming this way... I beleived with out doubt I was dead in the next couple of minutes, oh crap this is the real one every bodyz get downz on teh floorz and no harms shall come of thee tonight unless of course highly permited by god and his babies aka you and I.

Robtard
Originally posted by Magee
Every time the radio signal cuts off or some websites stop working I think shit they been hit by an asteroid or nuked ufl bastards then one night I was sat up and I heard this roar like a jet in the distance but it was slowly getting lowder I was like shit thats the shockwave and 3 mile high tidal wave coming this way... I beleived with out doubt I was dead in the next couple of minutes, oh crap this is the real one every bodyz get downz on teh floorz and no harms shall come of thee tonight unless of course highly permited by god and his babies aka you and I.

Here.

Robtard

PiruBlood
i do believe history repeats its self. for instance what if global warming shifts into effect right now and a meteor hits the earth at the same time? or what if the big bang theroy reversas? either way or a species can live millions and billions of years but they do die out.

ragesRemorse
It would take several decades for humanity to become extinct...in the course of the first few years, people would build biodomes and humanity would survive. We are waaaay too smart to become extinct any time soon. A group of people somewhere, somehow, would survive ANYTHING that could be thrown at us...even an alien invasion. (The only exception is the instant destruction of the entire planet.)

It would only take a few hours for humanity to be oblitereated if an asteroid big enough strikes Earth. Earth has been hit an estimated six times before by an Asteroid that destoryed all living life save a few single celled organisms that centuries later were able to surface into the oceans and begin the evolution process all over again. The furthest we have able to go under ground is a few miles. In order to survive an Asteroid collision, We would have to be able to right above the core of the Earth. Even then We would probably die from tectonic plate shifts.

If we are so smart, why is a large portion of the world dying from curable diseases and an even larger portion dying from hunger. We cannot live together without war or money. We could definetly not come together to live together during an apocalyptic event

Alpha Centauri
Everything is fine, chill out.

-AC

candymae
I dont believe in armageddon but i believe that our life has and end

candymae
I dont believe in armageddon but i believe that our life has an end

dadudemon

Rogue Jedi
I wont see this happen in my lifetime, highly unlikely that any of us will. Just like the ozone layer.

*runs around spraying aerosol cans*

vinz07
I don't believe that the world will be end..i strongly believe in GOD... he is the creator of all things on earth.....

Magee
This planet needs some thing like an asteroid impact, majority of people on this earth are idiots and weak mentally and/ or physically. We need to round up all the smartest people in there area of work, lots of physically fit men and woman, send them 5 miles underground and blow all the retards up and send them to there gods they love so much.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Magee
This planet needs some thing like an asteroid impact, majority of people on this earth are idiots and weak mentally and/ or physically. We need to round up all the smartest people in there area of work, lots of physically fit men and woman, send them 5 miles underground and blow all the retards up and send them to there gods they love so much.

As stupid idiotic as you sound...sometimes, I want to do the same thing. Also, as stupid as it sounds, aetheist scientists would be the obvious choice because they wouldn't kill each other over stupid bullshit like christians and muslims do.

Da Pittman
Some day the Earth will end if not by an asteroid large enough to crack the planet then by the Sun burring off the atmosphere, humans will more likely kill themselves off and do a better job than a natural event. Humans could live through and survive an asteroid hit that killed off the dinosaurs or a super volcano such as in Yellowstone Park, it would dramatically change the life on the planet but many species would survive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.