superman a green lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dgw2007
ok do you remember when Abin Sur was dying he was choosing the next gl he was thinking of giving it to clark but he didn't because he was not from earth would this of ruin his character

Dgw2007
plz state why HAPPY POSTING TO ALL

Bardock42
I believe there is a Elseworld where a sort of Superman gets a Green Lantern ring. The story is switched though, Johnathan and Martha Kent sent their son to Krypton. It is a pretty good read though.

As for your question, I don't get it quite. It would be a totally different character. Pretty much absolutely invincible. Might make a rather interesting Elseworld though, I think there is one where Batman becomes a Green Lantern, I'd really like to get that one.

Magee
There have been times where Superman uses a GL ring in a single issue like in the kingdom where they fight Gog at the end but he didn't really do much other than shoot green blasts and I really can't understand what your poll says.

Creshosk
Action Comics #642

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/action-comics/642-2.jpg

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Bardock42
I believe there is a Elseworld where a sort of Superman gets a Green Lantern ring. The story is switched though, Johnathan and Martha Kent sent their son to Krypton. It is a pretty good read though.

It was Elseworld Batman: In Darkest Knight. Barry Allen, Diana, and Clark become GL lanterns. Strangely enough....Hal isn't even mention during the event.

Endless Mike
Wasn't there a GL version of Batman in Countdown Arena?

Sarutobi700
Supes will power is 2 weak 2 b a lantern

superkronick92
Name one time Supes has given up. Supes willpower>>>>>>>>>>>average lantern

Sarutobi700
when he was about to lose to Doomsday. The he saw Lois's breasts...i mean Lois and he remembered what he was fighting for......breasts....his life...and for the citezens of gotham city...oh im sorry thats Bats

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Wasn't there a GL version of Batman in Countdown Arena?

yes

He lost

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Sarutobi700
Supes will power is 2 weak 2 b a lantern In Action Comics Annual #3 , supermans will power is so great that guy gardner pitted his will against his and lost. supermans got control of the ring and reassembled it on his own finger. this is when waverider was tryin to find who becomes monach. superman eventually decides not to keep the ring and hands it back to hal jordan.

Dgw2007
what i was asking was does it change the way he would act

Soljer

Superman was picked over Hal Jordan to become a Green Lantern originally. He only didn't become a Lantern because he wasn't native to sector 2814.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Dgw2007
what i was asking was does it change the way he would act no it wouldnt, he's still a over grown boyscout. all the ring would do is amplify his already over-abundant and over-rated powers. the ring doesnt change his personality or his ideas. he doesnt need the ring to help him fly, memorize facts, see further, run faster, etc. .etc...etc...etc...etc.

sorry but kind of a lame question and or post to make. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
Superman was picked over Hal Jordan to become a Green Lantern originally. He only didn't become a Lantern because he wasn't native to sector 2814.

pwned.

Originally posted by sapphiremouse
no it wouldnt, he's still a over grown boyscout. all the ring would do is amplify his already over-abundant and over-rated powers. the ring doesnt change his personality or his ideas. he doesnt need the ring to help him fly, memorize facts, see further, run faster, etc. .etc...etc...etc...etc.

sorry but kind of a lame question and or post to make. roll eyes (sarcastic)

because your answer was so mannerly and respecftul...

The Mean Queen
it would most likly NOt change his attitude

Placidity
Why would it change his attitude, he's already one of the most powerful beings on Earth. If power could corrupt him, He would've been corrupted long ago.

Haha I'm turning this into a philosophical thread!

ThorForce

Soljer
Originally posted by ThorForce

Originally posted by Soljer

Juntai
Hal also tried to enlist Clark in 52.

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
Hal also tried to enlist Clark in 52.

oyl. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.