Labyrinth of Evil question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Somebody told me that in this novel, it is stated that Kit Fisto could defeat General Grievous. I've read the book, don't remember that, and nobody else who has read it has ever mentioned that to me. The person who told me (on another site) can't give me a quote, and I doubt it is true. However, if it is true, I'm betting somebody here can confirm it.

Gideon
Originally posted by darthsith19
Somebody told me that in this novel, it is stated that Kit Fisto could defeat General Grievous. I've read the book, don't remember that, and nobody else who has read it has ever mentioned that to me. The person who told me (on another site) can't give me a quote, and I doubt it is true. However, if it is true, I'm betting somebody here can confirm it.

I have the book with me at this very second, and actually just finished reading it for the six gadzillionth time. I don't recall such a statement made, though Dooku does point out that he would "pity" Grievous should the General have to face any of the Council masters. Kit Fisto does curbstomp two Magnaguards at the same time, though.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Gideon
though Dooku does point out that he would "pity" Grievous should the General have to face any of the Council masters.
Which is odd, seeing that Grievous has beaten Shaak Ti twice and Mundi once, and they are Council members. Also in the ROTS script, Anakin says that Kenobi "was not so successful the last time he met Grievous.", suggesting that earlier in the war they fought and Grievous won (though this could have been before Kenobi became a Council Member). Grievous also killed Adi Gallia (a council member). So that line has always seemed very fishy to me.

Gideon
I doubt that Count Dooku was lying or exaggerating; perhaps he was concluding as much if General Grievous did not have fear or surprise on his side? Who knows. But that is what he said. And I believe that Anakin's statement was indicating about how they both failed to capture/terminate General Grievous on board Invisible Hand.

Darth Scythe
Read it, but don't remember anything like that being said.

Council#13
It was actually something more like, "If Palpatine had surronded himself with real Jedi of the calibre of Mace Windu or Kit Fisto, the battle might have gone differently."

darthsith19
Meaning that he'd have to be surrounded by Kit Fisto's to lose, not lsoe to a single Kit.

Blue_Hefner
I have the book with me at this very second, and actually just finished reading it for the six gadzillionth time. I don't recall such a statement made, though Dooku does point out that he would "pity" Grievous should the General have to face any of the Council masters. Kit Fisto does curbstomp two Magnaguards at the same time, though.

I thought Dooku said Cin Drallig, Obi-Wan, Mace, and Yoda . . .

Gideon
Meaning that he'd have to be surrounded by Kit Fisto's to lose, not lsoe to a single Kit.

...If that statement were to be taken at the gospel, he wouldn't lose to a single Mace, either. And yet lose he did when they battled on the mag-lev.

darthsith19
...If that statement were to be taken at the gospel, he wouldn't lose to a single Mace, either. And yet lose he did when they battled on the mag-lev.
True, but it also doesn't prove that Kit alone could beat Grievous, nobody here thinks he could, right?

Council#13

Nope, he was more implying that Palpatine would've stood more of a chance against him and his Magna Guards if he had surrounded himself with "real Jedi." He's just complimenting the skill of Kit Fisto. I also forgot to mention in the other post, I think Grievous was glad he brought his Magna Guards with him when he fought Mace and Kit on the train, knowing that he wouldn't have stood a chance against both of them.

Gideon
Originally posted by Council#13
Nope, he was more implying that Palpatine would've stood more of a chance against him and his Magna Guards if he had surrounded himself with "real Jedi." He's just complimenting the skill of Kit Fisto. I also forgot to mention in the other post, I think Grievous was glad he brought his Magna Guards with him when he fought Mace and Kit on the train, knowing that he wouldn't have stood a chance against both of them.

Yarr.

This be correct. In fact, Kit curbstomps the Magnaguards and -- for some damn reason -- doesn't try to go help Mace against Grievous. I understand Mace was winning, but still...

Faunus
It's made quite clear in the book that without the advantages of terror and surprise on his side, Grievous can't hold his own against the real Jedi in the Order.

kamhal
To help him as he did against Sidious laughing? If i was Mace i would just tell him to get out of my way...

ESB -1138

Mace does point out a weakness to Grievous, a lack of appreciation for simplicity, which is why I believe Mace suggested Obi-Wan was the perfect Jedi to take down the general.

LordGrievous
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Mace does point out a weakness to Grievous, a lack of appreciation for simplicity, which is why I believe Mace suggested Obi-Wan was the perfect Jedi to take down the general. didn't he also point out that grievous's body isn't completly in sync with his mind?

A Dose Of Vraya
Which is odd, seeing that Grievous has beaten Shaak Ti twice and Mundi once, and they are Council members. Also in the ROTS script, Anakin says that Kenobi "was not so successful the last time he met Grievous.", suggesting that earlier in the war they fought and Grievous won (though this could have been before Kenobi became a Council Member). Grievous also killed Adi Gallia (a council member). So that line has always seemed very fishy to me. NONCANON ALERT: maybe it has something to do with lightsaber forms and Grevious would be simply thrown off by such a basic form as the shii cho, but that's just a thought.

Council#13
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
NONCANON ALERT: maybe it has something to do with lightsaber forms and Grevious would be simply thrown off by such a basic form as the shii cho, but that's just a thought.

Dooku trained Grievous to be proficient in all forms of lightsaber combat expect for Vaapad, which was one of Mace's advantages during their duel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.