Why do people get so annoyed if old threads are bumped?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zebedee
I just don't get it?

PITT_HAPPENS
Depends if the thread was stupid to begin with, others need to be bumped to add in new stuff so they don't make dup threads.

Alfheim
Get the newbie !!!!!! angrymob laughing out loud

Zebedee
Originally posted by PITT_HAPPENS
Depends if the thread was stupid to begin with, others need to be bumped to add in new stuff so they don't make dup threads.

Originally posted by Alfheim
Get the newbie !!!!!! angrymob laughing out loud

Thanks for the input guys. I'll bump a few and see what people think.

wink

Alfheim
Originally posted by Zebedee

wink

Er...ok......*talks in zombie voice* ...get the newbie. confused

Zebedee
Originally posted by Alfheim
Er...ok......*talks in zombie voice* ...get the newbie. confused

big grin

Lana

wink

So are you purposely trying to get in trouble?

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread to avoid making a duplicate and you actually have something to add to the discussion.

It's bumping ancient threads for no reason and just saying "wow this is old" or something stupid and pointless that is frowned upon.

PITT_HAPPENS
Originally posted by Lana

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread to avoid making a duplicate and you actually have something to add to the discussion.

It's bumping ancient threads for no reason and just saying "wow this is old" or something stupid and pointless that is frowned upon. So says the killer bunny big grin

Zebedee

Do I seem like the sort of person who would purposely do that?

I don't want to get banned. I mean I couldn't discuss @stuff@ on here ever again if the mods banned me could I?

Schecter
I just don't get it?
because you suck at life.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Schecter
because you suck at life.

laughing So much anger in you I sense. To the dark side you turn.

smile

JacopeX
I just don't get it? Yeah, I know right.

§P0oONY

I don't want to get banned. I mean I couldn't discuss @stuff@ on here ever again if the mods banned me could I? We don't know if you're the sort who'd try to get themselves in to trouble, you're a newbie.

Strangelove

I don't want to get banned. I mean I couldn't discuss @stuff@ on here ever again if the mods banned me could I? Originally posted by Zebedee
laughing So much anger in you I sense. To the dark side you turn.

smile pitt_sock

Czarina_Czarina

It's bumping ancient threads for no reason and just saying "wow this is old" or something stupid and pointless that is frowned upon.

exactly

debbiejo
I usually don't bump old ones up. I just make new ones..

jump

Czarina_Czarina
Originally posted by debbiejo
I usually don't bump old ones up. I just make new ones..

jump

smile

debbiejo
LOTZZZZZ OF THEM...lol

Well, I used too.

SelphieT
I don't get annoyed.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
exactly

Wait, how does this work?

Bardock42

It's bumping ancient threads for no reason and just saying "wow this is old" or something stupid and pointless that is frowned upon. Though there is no really convincing reason for that.

Rogue Jedi
bump.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
bump. NECROMANCER. EVIL!!! TROLL!

You know the drill...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
NECROMANCER. EVIL!!! TROLL!

You know the drill... you forgot idiot, moron, flamer and parrot. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
you forgot idiot, moron, flamer and parrot. stick out tongue

Well, that wouldn't have been in-character.

Rogue Jedi
Well, that wouldn't have been in-character. I feel lurved. do you feel the lurve?

botankus
Bumping old threads - easy way to bash noobs that requires little to no effort.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
I just don't get it?
Whirly, GTFO.

EDIT: hay i am PVS sock accnt lolz

JacopeX
It's bumping ancient threads for no reason and just saying "wow this is old" or something stupid and pointless that is frowned upon. Oh......Thanks for pointing that out! big grin

I always thought it was freaken illegal to bump any old thread over page 5 of any forum. laughing out loud

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Da Pittman

Co-signed

Evil Dead
there's really no reason at all to bump an "old" thread. If the thread is more than a few months old......just start a new thread. Look around this forum. 50% or greater of the users you see posting joined within the past year or less. KMC has a huge turnover rate. People come and go all the time. That combined with the number of forums people drift in and out of leads to new members constantly being in different forums. If you bump an old thread, a thread more than a few months old to the top you are either:

A. adding a post just to bump it up for no reason whatsoever.

or

B. attempting to engage in a conversation several months old ....a conversation in which 50% or greater of the people who were participating are no longer here to participate. No point in replying to their posts if they are not here to reply to your reply.

just start a new thread.....one where members here, today can all come and engage in conversation. no need to tack it on to page 42 of a thread made in 2004 by a bunch of guys who aren't even here any more. As a rule, I break it down by quarters. If I search a topic and find no posts made about it in the past 3 months.....I start a new thread.

Rogue Jedi
bump.

Lana
Uhh, no. Duplicate threads are frowned upon.

chillmeistergen
I think a third of your posts, must be telling people that they've created duplicate threads.

lord xyz
They're trying to hide their past mistakes?

Lana
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
I think a third of your posts, must be telling people that they've created duplicate threads.

Probably closer to 1% of my posts ermm

Not my fault people make the same threads repeatedly.

chillmeistergen
Yeah, it's fair enough to draw attention to it. However, a lot of the times I've seen you do it, you've been rather rude about it.

Lana
Because I say "duplicate thread" or "search first please" and usually find the original? Okay then srug

Rogue Jedi
bump.

debbiejo
It's nice to see old threads come back up. Mainly because there may be new information shared.

Bardock42
Because I say "duplicate thread" or "search first please" and usually find the original? Okay then srug Are you sure you were never rude about it. You know, after a stressed day, etc.

Rogue Jedi
Are you sure you were never rude about it. You know, after a stressed day, etc. ninja

Evil Dead
Uhh, no. Duplicate threads are frowned upon.

say what you like but I've had this discussion with atleast three mods dating from around mid '03 to last year sometime. All agreed with me. There's no point in carrying on a conversation when the others in the conversation don't even post here anymore. Check the join dates of people in this thread alone......why bump a topic from 2005 or 2004 when only a handful of people in this entire forum were here posting at that time.

but hey... think whatever.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Evil Dead
say what you like but I've had this discussion with atleast three mods dating from around mid '03 to last year sometime. All agreed with me. There's no point in carrying on a conversation when the others in the conversation don't even post here anymore. Check the join dates of people in this thread alone......why bump a topic from 2005 or 2004 when only a handful of people in this entire forum were here posting at that time.

Bump!

ADarksideJedi
Because they have nothing else to do but ***** about what other people are doing.jm

Zebedee
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Because they have nothing else to do but ***** about what other people are doing.jm

?

Lana
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Um, you do know that I am a mod, right?

It doesn't matter if the original people that created a thread are still around or not, whatever's being discussed can still continue to be discussed. Do you think the people who created some of the longest-running threads in the GDF are still around? No, but the original threads are still being used because there's no point in cluttering the place up with a half-dozen threads on the same topic.

Bardock42

It doesn't matter if the original people that created a thread are still around or not, whatever's being discussed can still continue to be discussed. Do you think the people who created some of the longest-running threads in the GDF are still around? No, but the original threads are still being used because there's no point in cluttering the place up with a half-dozen threads on the same topic. Though, to be fair, even from members that know thread title and existence of one thread, to actually find it can't always be expected.

Lana
Though, to be fair, even from members that know thread title and existence of one thread, to actually find it can't always be expected.

Which is true - I know there's been a bunch of times that I've known something was done before but just could not find the original thread at all. Which can be rather annoying stick out tongue

Bardock42
Which is true - I know there's been a bunch of times that I've known something was done before but just could not find the original thread at all. Which can be rather annoying stick out tongue

What I find annoying (because I usually don't look for old threads) is when I look for a quote that I remember pretty closely. Can be impossible, or very time consuming.

Evil Dead

It doesn't matter if the original people that created a thread are still around or not, whatever's being discussed can still continue to be discussed. Do you think the people who created some of the longest-running threads in the GDF are still around? No, but the original threads are still being used because there's no point in cluttering the place up with a half-dozen threads on the same topic.

don't care that you're a mod.......cluttering up the place? a post on page 162 and a post on page 1 about the same topic is cluttering up the place? like I said......whatever. none of my posts have ever been deleted or merged so it really doesn't bother me........just answering the dude's question.

Zebedee
you do know that I am a mod?

Pats Lana on the head. "I'm sure he knew Lana. There, threre".
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/pentagram/pop/cartman.jpg

Rogue Jedi
bump.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Wait, how does this work?

Who knows?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.