How much of an Otaku are you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Yuusuke
I'm interested in how alike some people are in the way they go about their anime/manga. How much time do you put into it. Everyday? Every other day? Could it be, every hour? Just describe your normal schedule with anime/manga.

On average per day, I spend about 7-8 hours of my day running through anime series during the summer. I don't really have very much else to do since it's summer and I think most people are annoying. Right now, because I'm not exactly made of money, my manga collection is 43 manga books composing of Love Hina, Full Metal Panic, Genshiken, Kagetora, Naruto, Bo-bobo-bo-bo-bobo,Inuyasha(from earlier years..)and Ranma 1/2. I do have some DVDs too, but like my manga, not too many...especially since right now I'm unemployed again v.v....
I usually just choose an anime at random and just watch them until I've completed the series. I have a few posters, and wall-scrolls and figurines and such, but not too many as of now. I like to think I can draw, but usually my drawings aren't very good...It takes time for me to do a drawing just right and usually I get bored towards the end and never finish. I also like to draw on the computers and I make flash films every now and then.

JacopeX
I like anime but I refuse to cosplay, speak japanese, and try to be someone I am not.

Although, I am aware Otaku is probably different......or is it?

Gregory
"Otaku" is an insult. You don't want to be one, contrary to what some Americans seem to think.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Gregory
"Otaku" is an insult. You don't want to be one, contrary to what some Americans seem to think.

Actually, even in Japan, nerds use it to refer to each other. Kinda like black people calling each other "nigga".

Anyway, I'm not the biggest weeaboo in the world. In fact, I hate those kids who obsess over ever aspect of Japanese culture and deem it superior to their own. I watch a couple anime, like Evangelion, GANTZ, Berserk, and such, but not a ton. Not anymore. I'm studying Japanese, but it doesn't really have to with my watching animu. I've always wanted to learna second language and said "Well, damn, I'm gonna find out what those goofy symbols mean!" To be honest, it actually is an interesting, exotic language and helps stimulate the brain (as learning a new language tends to do).

Kero_Co
I'm so Otaku that I'm practically hikikomori

Yuusuke
haha, yeah. Otaku's just another way of refering to people in a more general way. I don't really care about Stereotyping. Now, even though I love anime, I'm not obsessed with the Japanese completely. I still love America and I don't think I'd be able to stand living in Japan. I'm just a guy who likes to have his mind in the clouds and I love fantasy type scenarios. I do speak a little bit of japanese(enough to get me around) but that's pretty much it. I gave up trying to read it awhile ago when I realized that just because I can read it, it doesn't mean that I can understand it haha

Black Adam
I watch around two hours a day of anime, don't have figurines, don't do cosplay, and every time I see someone use sugoi or kawaii in a sentence I wish my fist could travel through wires.

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Black Adam
I watch around two hours a day of anime, don't have figurines, don't do cosplay, and every time I see someone use sugoi or kawaii in a sentence I wish my fist could travel through wires.

I hear ya. Nothing pisses me off more, than those fugly animu chicks who are always squealing about yaoi and kawaii. Here's a Japanese word for them- SHORYUKEN!! That would be awesome heh heh.

Yuusuke
hahaha, Amen to that! I hate them... soooo much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.