you call me, and im the one on hold?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I dont know if any of you have had this issue arise in your life. I often recieve phone cals from certain finanacial businesses i ahve ties with. They will call me and an automated voice informs me that there is an important phone call and to please hold the line for the next available representitive. I just hang up now. If you need to talk to me you should call me, and not have a machine do it..cant you atleast get your ass a secretary.
I have noticed many telemarrketers do this as well. I usually love having fun with telelmarketers' Its a hilight of my shitty mundane life to **** with them. Although, now i have to wait for someone to free themselves from selling useless shit to people that dont what the useless shit in the first place.
Your going to intrude in my home and my private time, just to put me on hold to speak with you mad

does anyone know what i am talking about?

Vathu
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I dont know if any of you have had this issue arise in your life. I often recieve phone cals from certain finanacial businesses i ahve ties with. They will call me and an automated voice informs me that there is an important phone call and to please hold the line for the next available representitive. I just hang up now. If you need to talk to me you should call me, and not have a machine do it..cant you atleast get your ass a secretary.
I have noticed many telemarrketers do this as well. I usually love having fun with telelmarketers' Its a hilight of my shitty mundane life to **** with them. Although, now i have to wait for someone to free themselves from selling useless shit to people that dont what the useless shit in the first place.
Your going to intrude in my home and my private time, just to put me on hold to speak with you mad

http://www.spelling.hemscott.net/

Röland
Sometimes this Chinese guy calls my cell phone. srug

Secretus

Maybe, just hang up?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Vathu
http://www.spelling.hemscott.net/

you are really busting balls over four mispelled words? It is people like you that make life undesirable. Why dont you get down off of your high horse and walk into a burning building and re-think your life roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xerus
you are really busting balls over four mispelled words? It is people like you that make life undesirable. Why dont you get down off of your high horse and walk into a burning building and re-think your life roll eyes (sarcastic)
Wouldn't learning how to spell better just be easier, or is it just that hard to master a concept that (most) 3-5 year-olds can understand?

As to the issue at hand, yes it is annoying, but you have to keep in mind, the enitre corp. or whatever sending you the message isn't made up of people ready and willing to make phone calls to people at a moment's notice. They have a lot of people to call a lot of the time, and even say 20 or so people wouldn't be enough to do that everyday because of the stress (if any) they get from the people they call.

stuwienl

I don't know what you're talking about but it sounds pretty f*cking funny.

dadudemon

Yes, I know what you are talking about. It is extremely fun to mess around with the telemarketers...it is soooo fun.

P.S. instead of clicking "submit" every time, click "Preview Reply" and the message board software automatically marks misspelled words for correction. I never use that option but I probably should start because I mess up my posts every now and then too.

Piggle Humsy
when Telemarketers call me I let them finish their whole spiel about what they are selling then I politely say "no, thank you" and hang up laughing

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Xerus
Wouldn't learning how to spell better just be easier, or is it just that hard to master a concept that (most) 3-5 year-olds can understand?

As to the issue at hand, yes it is annoying, but you have to keep in mind, the enitre corp. or whatever sending you the message isn't made up of people ready and willing to make phone calls to people at a moment's notice. They have a lot of people to call a lot of the time, and even say 20 or so people wouldn't be enough to do that everyday because of the stress (if any) they get from the people they call.

I'm sure that even a five year old would be responsible for typo's. I did not find anything wrong with my articulation and direction. My typing may not have been fast enough to keep up with my thoughts, but i believe that i was able to present my annoyances in an easy to understand manner. I know defending against a reply which critiques a common mistake that im sure even you make is quite senseless. A few mispelled words should not influence someone to question a person's ability of understanding the English language.
Here is an example. You used numbers, unless you are refering to statistics, address's or years, it is unproper to use numbers to describe or tell a persons age. Am i to infer that you do not understand or have a strong ability in communicating through the english language?

I understand that business' are over stressed with the quota they need to fill with subscriptions or sales. However, I was in no way being serious in my post. To even think i was asking a serious question is bewildering. You are either a very dull person, or a person who likes to ignore sarcasm just to feel intelligent as you take advantage of a rhetorical question.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
when Telemarketers call me I let them finish their whole spiel about what they are selling then I politely say "no, thank you" and hang up laughing

laughing out loud

I like to ask them to repeat themselves constantly, or engage in a mundane conversation asking them how their day is or what their favorite movie is.

JLred
someone from kentucky always calls me and gives me amazing offers in spanish...

Captain REX
Dude, he made a few spelling mistakes. Leave him alone. Some people do way worse.

BlackSunshine

Yeah, I've had them say "Please hold for an important message" I hold and them talk mad sh*t to them for making me wait on the phone for 10 minutes.

I love screwing with telemarketers, even though I once worked at a place like that. ermm

Captain REX
The fun thing with my family is that we know they're telemarketers the moment they call my father by his first name (he goes by his middle name) or the moment they pronounce my last name wrong.

Then we just hang up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.