The Pioneer Anomaly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok
This is an interesting article. The Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft are not where they are supposed to be. They appear to be being held back by something. maybe its "muddy" out there ie more dust and stuff which slows them down, or the universe actually ends at our Solar systems border and all the other stars are just wallpaper eek!

More HERE

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
This is an interesting article. The Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft are not where they are supposed to be. They appear to be being held back by something. maybe its "muddy" out there ie more dust and stuff which slows them down, or the universe actually ends at our Solar systems border and all the other stars are just wallpaper eek!

More HERE

I would guess some sort of friction, like you said "space dust"... I can see the religious nuts though using this as "proof" of God and Heaven.

Pandemoniac
It's most likely a bullshit story. The Pioneer probes 10 and 11 were launched in '72 and '73 to investigate Jupiter, passing by Saturn on the way there. They had a known limited 'live expectancy', but continued to send back transmissions years after, while they traveled outside of our solar system.
The last transmissions occurred in 2003 (way beyond expectations), and all following attempts to make contact or to locate the probes were unsuccessful.
They just ran out of batteries, that's all. Nasa was even lucky that they lasted that long.

Shakyamunison
Here is another good article:
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/print/20123

jaden101
nice article...perhaps lessening effect of solar wind...although i guess they would have took that into consideration

although i'm guessing they couldn't compensate for dark matter cause it's technically "unknown" seeing as it hasn't been proven to exist...you would think given that its theorized that it contains most of the mass and energy of the universe that it would exert some effect that is unquantifiable

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
nice article...perhaps lessening effect of solar wind...although i guess they would have took that into consideration

although i'm guessing they couldn't compensate for dark matter cause it's technically "unknown" seeing as it hasn't been proven to exist...you would think given that its theorized that it contains most of the mass and energy of the universe that it would exert some effect that is unquantifiable

Strangely, what you say makes sense.

jaden101
Originally posted by dadudemon
Strangely, what you say makes sense.

i'm glad i do that...sometimes...

Mindship
It's the Galactic Community's way of making sure we humans don't spread any more of our garbage out beyond our own neighborhood.

That, or some software/hardware problem.

Bicnarok
maybe the technique they use to locate them is flawed. Maybe the microwave signals are bend somehow because of something (brown dwarf?) to give a false readings.

dadudemon

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.