The First age

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
Just wondring there is alot of back story to Lotr before Fotr . we see Elendil cut off the One Ring from Sauron's hand. Alot happend before Fotr and should have been filmed !

Do you think Peter jackson should have included the first and secound age in the movies ? I do !!!!

tulakhordpwns
It would be awesome if they made the sillmarillion into a movie Happy Dance Happy Dance

Melcórë
Originally posted by coolmovies
Just wondring there is alot of back story to Lotr before Fotr . we see Elendil cut off the One Ring from Sauron's hand. Alot happend before Fotr and should have been filmed !

Do you think Peter jackson should have included the first and secound age in the movies ? I do !!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
It would be awesome if they made the sillmarillion into a movie Happy Dance Happy Dance

Awesome if they didn't f!ck it up due to (over-)simplification, which is very likely.

Discos
Yo dude, erm have a read of the Silmarillion or some of the volumes of "The History of Middle Earth". (may I suggest the Treason of Isengard or Morgoth's ring).

also take a look at the greatest website ever, http://www.glyphweb.com/ARDA/

Many a time I have spent hours readin up on the First Age.

not much on the second age I'm afraid, perhaps Exa can recommend me some info on that?

Melcórë
Originally posted by Discos
Yo dude, erm have a read of the Silmarillion or some of the volumes of "The History of Middle Earth". (may I suggest the Treason of Isengard or Morgoth's ring).

also take a look at the greatest website ever, http://www.glyphweb.com/ARDA/

Many a time I have spent hours readin up on the First Age.

not much on the second age I'm afraid, perhaps Exa can recommend me some info on that?

I miss Exa. sad

Discos
Oh darn, has she left these parts? what about Shadowy or Eezy?

Melcórë
Exa left quite a while ago....don't know about Shadowy, and I haven't seen Eezy since Chris left....

EDIT: Apparently, Exa was last on March 13....

nimbus006
You want to get a good First Age read pick up "Children of Hurin".

This book tells the tale of Turin son of Hurin and his very tormented life. It also gets a little into Hurin and the Battle of Unumbered Tears. Im almost done with it now and it has been a really good read.

tulakhordpwns
Is it way more in depth than those stories in the Silmarillion? I might read it if my library gets it.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by coolmovies

Do you think Peter jackson should have included the first and secound age in the movies ? I do !!!! Yeah there is so much before FotR and the Hobbit as well. For one thing Sauron is just the little b*tchboy of a greater enemy called Morgoth/Melkor.

fini
OMG the Sil in a movie????

That would have to be a 10 part movie at least. WAYY too much damn information in that.

It should be left where it is, in a book.

nimbus006
Originally posted by tulakhordpwns
Is it way more in depth than those stories in the Silmarillion? I might read it if my library gets it.

No its not more in depth than the Sil, but you really cant get more in depth than that.

The Silmarillion is bigger and more extensive. Children of Hurin only covers the life of Turin and Nienor with a few chapters on Hurin. Hurin is the Dunedain who slew 70 trolls, and was later captured by Morgoth who tortured and cursed hisd family line.

Children of Hurin takes place in Beleriand where Turin spends most of his life traveling to different places within Beleriand. When Turin is young he is sent by his mother to Doriath to be raised by the Elven King Thingol. There he trains and becomes a great warrior. At the age of around twenty he exiles himself kind of because he kills an Elf who was jealous of him and attacks him. From there Turin travels all over the place from banding with outlaws and huting orcs to becoming a general of a kingdom. The book is really oood and not long at all.

exanda kane
I think I would prefer to leave a Silmarillion movie as wishful thinking; so much could go wrong I wouldn't like the risk. Also, I recall hearing that the Silmarillion movie rights were kept on a much tighter leash than those of The Lord of the Rings.

As for the second age, it is mostly the tale of the men of Numenor, and how they are eventually corrupted by greed and temptation. It begins with the ending of the first age, the War of Wrath has simply torn Beleriand (The home of the elves in the First Age) from its foundations and sunk it beneath the sea. Sauron's master, Morgoth, has been banished into "The Void" yet Sauron and other foul creatures still lurk in the dark places of Middle Earth, biding there time. For their part in the War of Wrath, the Gods grant the Edain (The men allied with the Elves) an island of their own called Numenor.

Slowly the Numenorians build in strength and wisdom, exploring all reaches of the seas, even setting up ports back on the shores of Middle Earth, until eventually they turn from wise teachers to the wild men of Middle Earth to Slavemasters and pirates. They become disgruntled with the gift of Death (Not seeing the true value of the after life) and launch an attack on the Valar, who in turn sink Numenor and destroy its fleets. Aragorn's ancestors (who fortunately still worship the Valar) escape back to Middle Earth and found the kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor.

It'll be hard to put all that in a movie.

nimbus006
Originally posted by exanda kane
I think I would prefer to leave a Silmarillion movie as wishful thinking; so much could go wrong I wouldn't like the risk. Also, I recall hearing that the Silmarillion movie rights were kept on a much tighter leash than those of The Lord of the Rings.

As for the second age, it is mostly the tale of the men of Numenor, and how they are eventually corrupted by greed and temptation. It begins with the ending of the first age, the War of Wrath has simply torn Beleriand (The home of the elves in the First Age) from its foundations and sunk it beneath the sea. Sauron's master, Morgoth, has been banished into "The Void" yet Sauron and other foul creatures still lurk in the dark places of Middle Earth, biding there time. For their part in the War of Wrath, the Gods grant the Edain (The men allied with the Elves) an island of their own called Numenor.

Slowly the Numenorians build in strength and wisdom, exploring all reaches of the seas, even setting up ports back on the shores of Middle Earth, until eventually they turn from wise teachers to the wild men of Middle Earth to Slavemasters and pirates. They become disgruntled with the gift of Death (Not seeing the true value of the after life) and launch an attack on the Valar, who in turn sink Numenor and destroy its fleets. Aragorn's ancestors (who fortunately still worship the Valar) escape back to Middle Earth and found the kingdoms of Gondor and Arnor.

It'll be hard to put all that in a movie.

What i would like to see in a three hour movie is this:

A 15 min prologue describing and highlighting the Battle under the Stars, Glorious Battle, and the Battle of Sudden Flame. Then the next three hours capturing the Battle of Unumbered Tears and the War of Wrath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.