Death of Bruce Wayne?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spiderboy5
Does anyone think that Batman will die in the upcoming Final crisis? IMO the quote " heroes die, legends live forever" totally fits Batman". I mean, when has any other characters of the DCU have been regarded as a legend?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by spiderboy5
Does anyone think that Batman will die in the upcoming Final crisis? IMO the quote " heroes die, legends live forever" totally fits Batman". I mean, when has any other characters of the DCU have been regarded as a legend?

What's with DC and the word Crisis? It's been used SO MUCH... Crisis on Infinite Earths, Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and now Final Crisis... And let's not forget Zero Hour, which had a subtitle that included the word Crisis...

And to answer your question, I think no... Bruce is too popular a character, and I mean, who could replace him? Dick is Nightwing, Tim isn't old enough, Damian isn't old enough, and Jean Paul Valley I haven't seen in forever... So I doubt it... It could happen, but I doubt it...

And as a side note, does Damian become Batman in the future like in Batman #666 (I think that was the issue)

spiderboy5
Originally posted by Bat Dude
And as a side note, does Damian become Batman in the future like in Batman #666 (I think that was the issue)

Yea he does...

NoFate007
I doubt they'll kill off Bruce, especially around this time with the new movie coming out. Despite Batman being a "legacy character", he's far too burned into the public consciousness to ever really be taken off the radar. It'd be like having a new Superman that isn't Clark Kent - its just not going to happen. Spider-Man is always going to be Peter Parker, Hulk is always going to be a big green strong guy, Bruce and Clark will always be there, and the Flash will always be a fast runner lol.

If they kill off a main character, their idea of "main" may differ from the rest of us. To some, Hawkman is a main hero, but to others, like myself, he isn't. If its one of the "trinity", (Superman, Batman, WW), my guess is that its Diana. She's pretty useless in a lot of ways, if you think about it. For being considered #3 on the DC roster in terms of popularity, she's so far behind Supes and Bats that she isn't even in the race. Both of the boys have had numerous tv shows, tons of different comic book titles, at least five movies, and their identities AND personalities are the two most well known in comics. Wonder Woman has a tv show behind her belt, numerous failed projects including the movie, not nearly as many comic book titles, and outside of those that would be visiting a forum like KMC because we're fans of comics, not very many people know Diana's story.

Of course, they could just be killing off like, Holly Robinson, and pretending that that's the big death.

Badabing
I can't imagine DC even THINKING of killing Bruce. I bet there would be a hude backlash from everybody. Bruce IS Batman.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Badabing
I can't imagine DC even THINKING of killing Bruce. I bet there would be a hude backlash from everybody. Bruce IS Batman.

Well if they did it would only be temporary like killing Cap. So whats going on Marvel kill Cap so DC gotta kill Batman?

Dgw2007
my post wont be as long :-P
Originally posted by NoFate007
I doubt they'll kill off Bruce, especially around this time with the new movie coming out. Despite Batman being a "legacy character", he's far too burned into the public consciousness to ever really be taken off the radar. It'd be like having a new Superman that isn't Clark Kent - its just not going to happen. Spider-Man is always going to be Peter Parker, Hulk is always going to be a big green strong guy, Bruce and Clark will always be there, and the Flash will always be a fast runner lol.

If they kill off a main character, their idea of "main" may differ from the rest of us. To some, Hawkman is a main hero, but to others, like myself, he isn't. If its one of the "trinity", (Superman, Batman, WW), my guess is that its Diana. She's pretty useless in a lot of ways, if you think about it. For being considered #3 on the DC roster in terms of popularity, she's so far behind Supes and Bats that she isn't even in the race. Both of the boys have had numerous tv shows, tons of different comic book titles, at least five movies, and their identities AND personalities are the two most well known in comics. Wonder Woman has a tv show behind her belt, numerous failed projects including the movie, not nearly as many comic book titles, and outside of those that would be visiting a forum like KMC because we're fans of comics, not very many people know Diana's story.

Of course, they could just be killing off like, Holly Robinson, and pretending that that's the big death. no one ever thought they would kill supes of cap so mabey they will kill him

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I highly doubt it. Bruce Wayne/Batman is waaaay too popular of a character. Besides with TDK coming out and possibly more after that. People would picket and throw things at DC offices.

WrathfulDwarf
Currently DC is doing the final crisis. It could be anyone. Killing Bruce Wayne doesn't mean killing Batman. Didio likes to be sneaky.

spiderboy5
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well if they did it would only be temporary like killing Cap. So whats going on Marvel kill Cap so DC gotta kill Batman?
Well, killing off Cap DID stir up big things for Marvel. Imagine what could happen for DC IF they do kill off Batman, so I don't think its impossible. Just because bats is popular doesn't mean he has a one-way ticket to avoid death.

To me, Bruce Wayne IS the real Batman,NO ONE CAN REPLACE HIM.
I would be really disappointed if they even tried replacing Bruce with Dick, or even Damien...

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Currently DC is doing the final crisis. It could be anyone. Killing Bruce Wayne doesn't mean killing Batman. Didio likes to be sneaky.

Thats true, but Bruce Wayne is Batman. Another than maybe Dick Grayson who would you see replace Bruce if it ever happened?

Bat Dude
Originally posted by DARKLORDCAEDUS
Thats true, but Bruce Wayne is Batman. Another than maybe Dick Grayson who would you see replace Bruce if it ever happened?

I would love it if Tim became the next Batman if Bruce was to die... I mean, ever since Connor Kent died, he's been getting darker and darker, even mirroring Bruce when Todd died...

spiderboy5
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I would love it if Tim became the next Batman if Bruce was to die... I mean, ever since Connor Kent died, he's been getting darker and darker, even mirroring Bruce when Todd died...
Nah, IMO I just don't see Drake succeeding Bruce as Batman. no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.